Be Mine? || Harry Styles

By faithhood11

All Grace wanted to do was have a great senior year with her friends, Sammy and Liam. All Harry wanted to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 29

4.1K 111 5
By faithhood11

Chapter 29

Grace’s POV

I smiled to myself as I took orders and cleaned tables. Our cook, Tuff was even laughing at me as I skipped through the kitchen.

“Somebody had a good night.”

“Yeah.” I smiled.

I heard my phone beep in my apron pocket, signaling I had a text message. I pulled at my phone, grinning when I saw Harry’s name.

Harry: You okay?

Me: Of course. Why do you ask?

Harry: No reason. I love you.

Me: I love you too! See you tonight!

He didn’t reply and I frowned as I tucked my phone back into my pocket. Tuff was looking down at me with amused eyes.

“Go do your job.” He said, waving his spatula at me.

“Okay. Okay.”

“I’m still mad that I didn’t get a chance with you. I was going to ask you out the day after your graduation but you settled for the kid. I mean, look at me. I’m a chef and I have all of this.” He said motioning to his muscular build.

I blushed but probably would have turned him down if I never would’ve known Harry. He was just a bit too cocky for my taste. I laughed and returned to my glorious job. After several hours, the crowd started to die down and I took a minute to check my phone. I had one message but it wasn’t from Harry. It was from Liam.

Liam: Sammy told me about you and Harry and it’s okay. I knew this was coming. Even though I really don’t get it, you love him. I’m not just going to stop being your friend though. He can forget about that.

Me: Liam, I am so happy to hear that. Why don’t you come by towards the end of my shift and have a milkshake, on the house.

Liam: You know I can’t pass up a free milkshake. I’ll be there.

I smiled, feeling so relieved that Liam was being so understanding. I needed to stop leading him on. I never should have kissed him, and more than once. That was stupid because even after Harry broke up with me, I knew he was the only person for me. Nothing can change that. I never told Harry about kissing Liam and I didn’t want to. I had only told Sam. I wanted to call Sammy and tell her about my night in paradise but I knew that I’d be seeing her tonight. When I text her, she told me that Calum and her had made plans to go to an eighteen and over club and would love for Harry and I to come along. I agreed, telling her I would talk to Harry. I really wanted to go.

Liam came just like he said he would and I made him a milkshake. He was great at keeping me company while I worked and we talked and laughed just like we always did around each other. I didn’t tell him about last night because I felt like that would be kind of inappropriate, all things considered, but I did invite him with us to the club. Sammy had said there would be a big group of people going including some of Cal’s friends. Liam agreed but scowled when I even mentioned Harry’s name.

“I still don’t like him.”

“I know but…actually, I think you two would like each other if…”

“We weren’t fighting over the same girl?”

I gave him a look and he smiled.

“I was going to say if you both gave it a shot. I mean, weren’t you the first person he met here because he lives in your neighborhood? When he first walked into our homeroom you were all excited, having a bromance or whatever.”

Liam narrowed his brown eyes at me and pointed a finger in my direction.

“Stop.”

“Fine. I’m just saying.”

Liam watched me ring up the last few customers at eight thirty five.

“So is Harry coming here?” he asked me as we cleaned tables.

“Um…he told me to text him when I got off. Maybe we can ride together and just meet him there?”

Liam nodded as I texted Harry.

Me: Hey baby, Sammy and Cal want us to go to a club with them tonight. Liam is already here and wants to come with us. Do you want to meet us there?

Harry: What club?

Me: Esno? I think.

Harry: Okay. I’ll meet you there. Be careful.

I read the response about twenty times. Maybe he was just tired but I felt like something was wrong with him. I had expected him to be making jokes and talking about how much fun we had last night. Maybe I was just overreacting.

Me: I will. I love you Harry.

Harry: I love you too baby, so much.

I smiled, pleased with his last message.

“Okay let me finish closing up. Harry’s going to meet us there.”

Liam nodded, playing with his phone in one hand while cleaning a table in the other hand. I stood there watching him, smiling because he looked so young.

“You are such a teenager.”

“Yeah. I’m pretty sure that’s what I am.” Liam laughed.

After about twenty minutes, Liam and I were in his BMW, driving to this club after making a quick stop at my house so that I could change. Liam had to stop at an ATM and grumbled the whole way. I laughed at him while putting my makeup on.

“If you get that on my seat, I’ll be mad at you forever.”

“Liam, you are such a grouch sometimes. You are way too obsessed with this car.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

Half an hour later, we were pulling into a crowded parking lot and having to loop around three times before finding an open spot. My mom called me and told me to have fun. I was wrapping up my conversation with her as I climbed out of the car.

“If someone keys my car…” Liam was saying as I zoned out.

I spotted Harry leaned against his car on the other side of the lot and I knew something was wrong as I approached him. He looked sexy dressed in a black t-shirt, jeans, and boots. I frowned and grabbed his hands in mine when I was close enough. Liam stood a few feet back, giving us some space.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing. I mean, I got some bad news today but it’s not that big of a deal. Let’s just go inside and we’ll talk about it later.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes Grace. I don’t want to mess up our night. Let’s just go.”

I nodded and as I turned to start walking, Harry grabbed my arm, spinning me around to face him.

“That dress…”

“You like it?” I asked, looking down at my dark green dress.

It had sequins on it and the sleeves were quarter length. It was a little shorter and tighter than the things I usually wore but I felt pretty in it. My heels made me taller but Harry still towered over me.

“I more than like it. You are tempting me to just take you home right now.” He hissed in my ear.

“I don’t think so. We drove all the way here and I am not leaving now.”

“Will you two hurry it up? Sammy is already inside.” Liam complained, earning a scowl from Harry.

I looked up into Harry’s emerald eyes and gave him a look.

“Be nice.” I ordered.

“Okay.” He agreed as we all headed for the door.

There was a line outside and Harry draped his jacket over my shoulders as we waited. I felt safe next to him, his arm protectively around my waist and Liam standing tall in front of me. Eventually we were able to get in and Harry kept me close as we squeezed through the sea of bodies.

“I’m not going to disappear.”

“And I’m not going to take my hands off of you.”

I stood on my tiptoes to press a kiss to his lips.

“I don’t mind.”

His hand gripped my hip tightly, sending a wave of pleasure through my body. I leaned my head against his upper arm as we found Sammy, Cal, and a whole group of people around a table by the bar.

“Grace!” Sammy cheered, throwing her arms around my neck and pulling me away from Harry.

“Hey Sammy.”

It felt good to see my other best friend again. I didn’t get to talk to her much at my congratulatory party and I had been missing her lately. I wanted to talk to her about my night with Harry. I felt like she was the person I most wanted to talk to about it.

“Hey guys.” Cal said to us.

We waved and he introduced us to his friends. Some of them I recognized from school and some of them looked older. I couldn’t catch all of their names but I knew that I wouldn’t forget that one guy’s name was Michael because he had green hair. He didn’t go to our school but looked to be around the same age as us. Sammy practically pulled me over and sat me down in the empty seat beside her. I pulled Harry over and he pulled a chair up beside me. Liam was already engaged in conversation with a cute guy who had a lip ring.

“If you guys want something to drink, Cory can get it. He’s twenty two.”

I shook my head and so did Harry. After a while, I was bored probably because I didn’t know half of the people in this group. I turned to Harry and pulled his head down.

“Do you want to dance?” I asked in his ear. 

“You know I don’t dance.”

“Please?” I begged, poking my lip out.

“Fuck. Okay.”

“Yay!” I cheered earning a grimace from Harry.

I poked one of his dimples and pulled him to his feet by his shirt. I grabbed his big hand and practically dragged him onto the dance floor. I bounced up and down to the beat of the rap music and Harry smiled at me. Once on the floor, Harry kind of just stood there and I shrugged, turning my body around to dance all up on him. I usually would never do this but tonight, I felt invincible. I wanted to have fun tonight and I wanted my time to be spent with Harry. His hands almost immediately found my waist and I could feel him moving a little. When I pressed my backside harder against him, I swiveled my hips around on him causing his erection to press against me.

“Grace.” He hissed in my ear, his hands tightening.

I turned around and kissed him.

“What? I’m just dancing.”

“And where the fuck did you learn how to dance like that?”

I shrugged. Sammy had always been so bold and danced like that at parties. I sometimes joined in but usually stood at the back with Liam. Tonight, with Harry, I wanted to let go.

Harry pressed himself against me, this time facing me. His lips were on my neck and his breath fanned my skin, making me hot. After two more songs, Harry and I returned to the table and I pulled Sammy up from her seat.

“Come with me to the bathroom.” I said.

“Okay.”

She stumbled behind me as I pulled her. I could tell she had been drinking but I knew she wasn’t drunk. I needed to tell someone about this. I needed to at least tell her how I was feeling. This feeling was so new to me. I pulled her by her arm into the corner of the bathroom where the mirrors were. She pulled out some lip gloss from her clutch, putting some on.

“Shesh woman. My arm is sore now.” She whined, rubbing the spot where my hand had held her.

“Sammy, I need to tell you something.”

“What?”

I looked into her brown eyes, my heart beating wild in my chest.

“I had sex with Harry…three times.”

Her eyes widened and this was obviously not what she was expecting to hear although she didn’t really look surprised.

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Well how was it? Was it bad? Is that why you’re telling me this while you’re so…spastic?”

“No! It wasn’t bad at all. It was amazing, that’s why I’m telling you this.”

“Well why are you so nervous? What did he do?”

“I don’t know. He didn’t do anything. I just…wanted to tell you. I just needed someone to talk to about it and I couldn’t wait any longer to tell you.”

“I can’t believe you lost your v-card before me. I mean, that is like…wow.”

“I know. I never saw it coming either but Harry is just so amazing. He’s perfect.”

“Yeah…a real charmer that one.” She said sarcastically.

I knew she liked him. She just denied it. If I would have thought she actually didn’t like him, we would have had problems.

“Yeah and you’re the one who’s been on all these dates with guys and had all these boyfriends so I just wanted to talk to you. Wait, you and Calum haven’t?”

“Not yet and you would know if we had.” She said, blushing fiercely.

I smiled and looked at myself in the mirror.

“I know what you need.” Sammy said.

“What’s that?”

“A trip to Victoria’s Secret. I mean, Fruit of the Loom really isn’t going to cut it anymore Gracie.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Hey I have that one lace set.”

“Oh god. We’re going shopping tomorrow. No buts.”

I sighed but agreed anyway because; maybe I would need some new undergarments if Harry and I were going to be so…active. Sammy looped her arm through mine and we walked out of the bathroom.

“Hey Grace.” I heard Liam call.

I turned around and found him leaning up against the wall by the men’s bathroom.

“Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sure.” I said, telling Sammy I would meet her back at the table.

Sammy and Liam exchanged a look and he rolled his eyes. What was that about?

“What’s up Liam?”

He sighed and pulled me closer by my arm.

“Grace, does Harry know what we did while you two were broken up? I mean, does he know that we kissed?”

“No. Why do you ask? Did you tell him?” I panicked.

“No I didn’t tell him but he’s acting all buddy buddy with me. He told me that he wanted to start over with a clean slate between us. I knew he wouldn’t say that if he knew…”

“So what are you saying Liam?”

“Don’t you think he should know? I mean, I don’t want to be buddies with some guy when I kissed his girlfriend three days ago.”

“Liam, things happened between us. We kissed…more than once but Harry doesn’t need to know that.”

As soon as I’d finished, Liam’s eyes widened and his lips parted in shock. I squeezed my eyes shut before turning around. Harry stood there with dark eyes and clenched fists. He probably would have tackled Liam already if it wasn’t for the fact that I stood in between them.

“Harry…I…”

“You what?”

He looked so angry but I knew him well enough to know that he was more hurt than anything. The anger was just masking it. I expected him to yell at me, throw a punch at Liam, anything. But what I didn’t expect was for him to turn around, away from me.

“You can catch a ride with your new boyfriend.”

I sighed and followed him. When I reached for his arm, he pulled away from me, yanking away from my grip.

“Harry, this is silly.”

He ignored me and walked right out the doors, me still following him. No way was he going to leave me here. I knew him so much better than that.

“Harry.”

“What?” he said calmly, avoiding eye contact.

The wind was cold against my skin and I wrapped my arms around my body. Harry looked down and I knew that he noticed but he didn’t say anything.

“Harry, this isn’t even a big deal.”

He shook his head and looked at me with narrowed eyes.

“What happened? I want to know right now or I’ll walk away. You said things happened. What the fuck did you do with him? Did he touch you? Did you touch him? I swear to god if you fucked him, I’m done.”

“Harry! Don’t talk to me like that. We just kissed…a few times. That’s it. Nothing else. I didn’t touch him and he didn’t touch me Harry. We just kissed.”

“Just kissed? He had his fucking tongue in my girlfriend’s mouth and you’re acting as if it’s no big deal. You weren’t even going to tell me.”

“Harry, you knew I had kissed him before. Before we even broke up you knew that I had kissed him in the past.”

“That was before you were everything to me!”

“Harry, I love you.”

“Don’t fucking tell me that right now.”

“Harry, please let it go. It didn’t mean anyth…”

“Why didn’t you tell me!” he screamed so loud, making me flinch.

I was crying now. For some reason when he screamed, it scared me. It made me fear that we weren’t going to be okay, that Harry was going to walk away.

“While you were sucking faces with Liam, I was on a date feeling miserable, absolutely fucking miserable. When she tried to kiss me, I backed away. I backed away Grace and you didn’t!”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he said, this time his voice a whisper.

“I don’t know Harry. I didn’t want this to happen. I love you and if you leave me now, I won’t make it. Please don’t leave me again.”

“Get in the car.” Harry said quietly, his jaw clenched.

Even though he was still upset, he was letting me leave with him and for now, that was enough for me.

Harry’s POV

No matter how pissed I was at her, I wasn’t going to leave my girlfriend at a club with anyone. I only started to walk out of the club because I wanted to scare her. I was just going to go out to my car until I’d cooled off. At first, the worst went through my head. I thought maybe she slept with him. I didn’t mean what I said about leaving her. Even if she did sleep with him, I don’t think I could leave. I don’t think anything could make me leave at this point. My knuckles were white as I gripped the steering wheel. I was still mad and angry but mostly upset. I hated thinking about her kissing anyone that wasn’t me. I knew she’d kissed other guys but Liam was different. He got under my skin. He angered me.

“Harry, I know you are probably just going to ignore me but think about how I feel for a split second, would you? You’ve been with tons of girl, slept with tons of girls. How do you think that makes me feel? You’ve kept things from me about your family more than once. I’ve only ever kissed Liam and a couple of other guys. How can you be mad at me? We were broken up.”

I rammed my hand against the steering wheel and saw her flinch out of the corner of my eye.

“Don’t you dare turn this around on me. First of all, don’t mention my family. Second of all, I didn’t even know you when I slept with those girls. I didn’t even know you fucking existed. So excuse me if I think your point is stupid as fuck. I didn’t love a single one of those girls and you know exactly how I feel about Liam. You even told me that you loved him. I don’t give a shit that we were broken up. You pitted my own damn fear against me. You know how crazy he makes me and you did it anyway.”

“I didn’t know if we would get back together.”

“That is the biggest lie I’ve ever heard. You knew we’d crawl back to each other. We always do!”

“I’m sorry but how could I know that? You were so serious when you broke up with me Harry. That whole, ‘I hope you make it to New York someday.’ thing. I was scared and Liam was there! This has nothing to do with me kissing someone else. This is all about you and Liam and he’s not going anywhere! Yes I love him but as a friend Harry.”

I pulled off the road but didn’t look at her.

“He was there and I wasn’t.” I confirmed quietly feeling like absolute shit.

“Harry, you mean the world to me but you can’t keep talking to me how you do. You just can’t. I can’t take it.”

“I know.” I said quietly, starting up the engine and driving the rest of the way in silence.

As I pulled up into her drive, I felt like shit and didn’t want to leave things like this. I had done so many things to her, said so many things in the past and she was always so quick to forgive.

“I love you Harry.”

When I waited for a moment to respond, she started to climb out of the car. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back in, the door shutting beside of her.

“Wait a minute.”

“Harry, I’m sorry.”

“Me too and I love you.”

She let out a breath and I pulled her over to sit in my lap like she’d done so many times before.

“I’m such an ass sometimes.” I stated.

“It’s okay. This time, it was my fault.”

“No it wasn’t. I have no right to be upset with you but…I still am. I can’t help it but I’m sorry.”

She frowned and I began to think that I worded that all wrong.

“I mean, what I mean is, I’m just jealous of the relationship you and Liam have. He knows you so well and has for so long and you two have this carefree relationship that I just envy.”

“Harry, that’s silly.”

“I know.”

“You know more about me than anyone. Liam may know what kind of toothpaste I use and pointless stuff like that but you know the things that I never let anybody see. You know what makes me smile and how I…liked to be touched. You know how to love me the way I’ve always dreamed about. You know everything.”

“You mean that?”

She nodded and I pulled her in for a quick kiss.

“Speaking of being touched…” I smiled, grabbing her backside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
86.6K 28 16
When the world ends, there will be no warning. Whether or not you believe in God, or if you don't, it will come in with a crash of biblical proportio...
246K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...