like magic™ (1)

By jazminebrightxx

LIKE MAGIC "Works like magic" BASED ON SEASON 3 AND 4 OF TEEN WOLF | STILES STILINSKI X OC | SLOWBURN | ©Jaz... More

LIKE MAGIC
act one. this might hurt
One. how mature
Two. we are family
Three. works like magic
Four. poetic
Five. fireflies
Six. manly emotions
Seven. dead baby day
Eight. bus ride from hell
Nine. stitch him up
Ten. Glen capri
Twelve. Currents
Thirteen. True alpha
Fourteen. Daddy issues
Fifteen. The girl who knew too much.
Sixteen. No rest for the wicked
Seventeen. Parent or guardian
Eighteen. Did you forget?
Nineteen. You held your breath
Twenty. What if you don't come back?
Twenty one. Little witch
act two. lose your mind
Twenty two. I should close the door
Twenty three. Still milking that?
Twenty four. Its a dream
Twenty five. Malia Tate
Twenty six. Mischief night
Twenty seven. Village of the damned
Twenty eight. Cause I trust you
Twenty nine. I'd do it for you too
Thirty. Unsolved cases.
Thirty one. Sense and sensibility
Thirty two. Moment of realisation
Thirty three. Possession or Obsession
Thirty four. The truth will be the death of me
Thirty five. Words unspoken
Thirty six. Where your darkest fears come for you
Thirty seven. Sealing my faith.
Thirty eight. Celestine
Thirty nine. Live or die
Forty. The divine move.
act three. can't go back
Forty-one. the deal
Forty-two. you underestimate yourself
Forty-three. Total sociopath
Forth four. i wouldn't leave you
Forty-five. why'd you drop the glass, katie?
forty six. team captain
forty seven. stalker much?
forty eight. werewitch
forty nine. Change will come
Fifty. nobody to save me
Fifty one. Closer to doomsday
Fifty two. intuition kills
Fifty three. Failed
Fifty four. How could you?
Fifty five. Collateral

Eleven. You're not a nobody

2.3K 67 38
By jazminebrightxx

l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l
Chapter eleven
Season 3 episode 6
"Motel California"
Part two

KAITLIN had sent a quick text to Stiles, knowing she should tell him about the new things she and the girls had uncovered.

Now, he and Kodin were in the room with them, they had explained what Lydia heard and about the new numbers.

"The last time I saw Scott act like that was during the full moon" Alison explained.

"Yeah, I know he was definitely off with me too. But actually it was Boyd who was really off. I watched him put his fist through the vending machine" Stiles added, stood by the bathroom door.

"See, it is the motel" Lydia looked to the two girls "so, either we get out of here right now or" she pulls open a drawer, pulling out a bible "or someone needs to learn to do an exorcism ASAP" the three all simultaneously look at the twins who sat on Kaitlin's bed.

Kaitlin shrugged her shoulders "sounds easy enough" Stiles raised his eyebrows "really?"

"No. We're not doing an exorcism. Plus that's only two, who's the other three suicides?" Kaitlin states, sitting up from her position.

"Okay, what if it's not just the motel?" Stiles continued on with his theory. "The number in the office went up by five right?"

"What like five sacrifices?"

"That doesn't make sense, the sacrifices go in three's, why would two more be added" Kodin wondered aloud, Stiles hesitates. Glancing at the twins.

"What if it's not just the werewolves, maybe whoever the Darach is, is trying to get whatever or whoever could stop it out of the way" his eyes go to the twins, who raise their eyebrows, glancing at eachother. Stiles gives Kodin a look and the boy realizes what he meant.

"How could we stop it?"

"Have you been hallucinating lately?" Lydia questions, Stiles theory making sense "oh, more than usual?" Kaitlin sarcastically replies. When the room goes quiet she looks to her twin

"Kody, seriously?"

"Kate" he looks at Stiles, the boy nods for him to go on. "What if it's dad?" Kaitlin eyes her twin, tilting her head to the side "what?"

"I know he's been visiting, he wants something, he wanted to know about Scott what if he's behind it all?" Kaitlins stands, running a hands over her face.

"What other explanation do you have for him being here?!"

"I don't know!" She snaps, her brother stops, clenching his jaw "I never really questioned it, I guess" she sighs. Lydia, Alison and Stiles give her a sympathetic look.

"So..?"

"Yeah, maybe you're right. But, I feel fine" she turns from Stiles to her twin "do you?"

"Yeah" Kodin looks to his friends. "Maybe we were meant to come here" Stiles voice cracks at the realization.

"Exactly! So can we get the hell out of here now?" Lydia snaps, her heart racing. "Please?"

"Wait, hang on" Kodin stands up, grabbing the Bible from Lydia "let me see this" he rummages through the pages. Pulling out an old newspaper article

"28 year old man hangs himself at the infamous glen Capri" He lays the newspaper cutout on the bed, rummaging through the rest of the Bible, eventually shaking it on the bed, a bunch of newspaper cutouts falling out.

The five quickly read through the articles, all suicides from the motel.

"No, no. Look at these two. They both mention room 217" Lydia points to two articles. "These are probably all the suicides that happened in this room"

Kaitlin steps back, her heart rate increasing. She looks at her friends "so, if every room has a bible..."

"There could be articles in all the rooms" Alison finishes, her eyes meeting Kaitlin's, the brunette looked tired.

"That's...that's a beautiful thing. Most places leave a mint under the pillow. This one leaves a record of all the horrible deaths that occurred" Stiles humor hadn't diminished. Kaitlin had come to notice that in times of distress his sarcasm never really died.

"What if the one next door has the one about the couple?" Lydia continued to worryingly stare at the papers, slowly moving to meet Kodin's gaze, who stood next to her.

Without another word, the five teens moved out of the room quickly, Stiles taking lead in a sprint out the door, the other four following behind. They get to the door of the room, Stiles attempts to open the door, failing, realizing it had been locked.

"No, that was not locked before" the girls shared a concerned look. Alison shook her head. "Forget it, we need to find Scott, Isaac and Boyd"

They move to run down the hall in an attempt to find their friends, but a low drilling is heard, stopping Stiles in his tracks. The three girls move back in front of the door.

"I'm not the only one who heard that, am i?" Lydia questioned.

"It sounds like someone turned the handsaw on" Alison realized.

Stiles quickly moves in between them, looking to Alison horrified "Handsaw?" When she nods he looks to Kaitlin "Handsaw?!"

The five quickly get the door open, busting into the room, Ethan comes into view.

The alpha was holding the handsaw above his head, lowering it to his abdomen. "Hey, no, Ethan, don't!"

Stiles lunges forward, wrestling with Ethan and the handsaw. Lydia pants next to her friends, quickly scanning the room, finding a power cord and quickly unplugging it.

Stiles seizes Ethan by the arms and manages to wrestle the still spinning saw out of his hands. Slamming to the floor, however, Stiles comes face-to-face with the blade, mere millimeters from its razor sharp teeth as it jerks to a stop.

Kaitlin grabs hold of him, pulling him away from the sharp blade. Undeterred, Ethan opens his hands, claws unsheathed

Kaitlin throws herself at Ethan, alongside Stiles, the two gripping Ethan's hands and prying then away from his stomach, trying to keep the alpha from literally gutting himself.

The twin yanks them back, all three tumbling to the floor. Ethan slams into the heater and sizzling is heard, something in his mind snaps, throwing himself on the floor away from the hot metal.

He looks at Stiles and Kaitlin, the two now stood beside the heater watching him. Ethan stands up. "What just happened?"

He runs out of the room, the five all moving to run after him "hey! Ethan"

***

Ethan hurried down the stairs to the first floor, buttoning up his shirt. The five teens quickly followed behind him, trying to get any kind of information out of him.

"Didn't you hear what I just said? I don't how I got there or what I was doing" Stiles rolled his eyes, stepping off the stairs

"Hey, you could be a little more
helpful, you know? We did just save your life." Ethan stops, a hand on the doorknob of his room, he turns and looks at the group

"You probably shouldn't have"  he hurried into his room. Kaitlin scrunches up her face, turning to the group.

"I can't be the only one starting to get sick of how cocky those twins are" she looks to her brother, the wizard gives her a look "we're not like that, right?" She whispers, Kodin nudges her, indicating that she shut up. She sighs.

"What now?"

"I'll find Scott" Alison states, stood on the stairs. "You guys grab Isaac and Boyd. The best thing we can do is get the hell out of this place." She jogs up the stairs, in search of her ex boyfriend.

The four left look at eachother. Lydia moves to follow up the stairs, feeling two gazes on her, she turns, Stiles and Kodin quickly averted their eyes. She sighs

"What? Why are you looking at me
like that?" Kaitlin looks at the two boys who share a glance

"Okay, I didn't want to say it. But
we've kind of been through something like this before. A lot like this." Stiles states, having had this conversation with the boys earlier.

"What do you mean? When?"

"Your birthday party. The night you
poisoned everyone with wolfsbane."

***

"Lydia, I'm sorry, okay look, I didn't mean that you're trying to kill people, okay? I just meant that maybe...maybe you're somehow involved in getting people to kill them selves, you know?" Stiles, Kaitlin and Kodin followed after Lydia, Stiles tried to explain his previous words. Kaitlin lightly taps Stiles on the arm, giving him a stern look.

"Which now that I say that out loud, it just sounds really terrible, so I'm just gonna stop talking" Lydia stops in her tracks, her eyes curious.

"Lydia?" Kaitlin steps forward, watching the girl as she looked around, as if she heard something.

"Do you hear that?" The three teens look to eachother, looking back at Lydia worryingly. When she heard something, lately it was never good.

"What?" Stiles looked around the motel, seeing that there was no one else around. Lydia lowered your her knees, getting closer to the drain in the ground. Kaitlin glances at her brother and best friend, the three sharing looks of confusion

"Lydia, what do you hear?"

"A baby crying" she leant over the drain, trying to hear whatever she could, better. "I hear...I hear water running" tears built in her eyes and a pit made its way into Kaitlin's stomach. Lydia's breathe picked up, and her heart rate quickened.

"Oh my god" she panicked "She's drowning the baby!" Stiles watched her dumbfounded, all he could hear was wind. She quickly stands, her hands shaking.

"Someone's drowning!"

***

Stiles bursts through the door of room 212, Kaitlin right behind him. Kodin took Lydia back to her room, the girl being way to shook up to help.

They noticed the bathroom door swung open, Boyd laid in the bath tub with a heavy safe on his chest. The two sprinted to the bath, Stiles rolling up his sleeves quickly.

He reaches his hand into the water, trying to drain the water out. "He blocked it, he blocked the drain with something I can't get it out"

"Shit, what...what do we do?" Kaitlin panicked, Boyd eyes were wide open under the water.

"Here" he grabs hold of the safe "help me" Kaitlin moves quickly, putting all her strength into lifting the safe, it moves slightly but not enough. "Please don't be dead, please don't be dead"

"How long can a werewolf stay under water?" She questioned, still trying to lift the safe "you think I know that?"

"Oh I'm sorry, you seem to know everything these days" Stiles glares at her, trying again to lift the safe, but ultimately failing, he stands up

"It's too heavy" he backs up, watching as Kaitlin gives up. He steps back, accidentally touching the wall heater, burning his skin.

"Ow!" He grunts, holding his arm and looking at the heater, Kaitlin looks at him, her heart still racing.

A light bulb goes off in Stiles head, he looks to the brunette, breathe less. "What?"

"The heater" he states, Kaitlin gives him a curious look "heater, Ethan came out of it when he touched the heater"

Kaitlin puts the pieces together, looking back at Boyd "it's heat. Fire we need something"

"Stiles, the guy is underwater!"

"Yeah, I'm aware of that!"

"Wait--the bus--on the bus there'll
be emergency road flares. They've got their own oxidizers. They can burn underwater."

Stiles eyes go wide, shaking his head "Are you serious?"

"Yes. Go!"

He quickly sprints out of the room, leaving Kaitlin to wait.

She stands, not wanting to stay in the bathroom. Backing out into the room. She tries to calm herself, after a few minutes she quiets, hand coming to her mouth to cover the sound of her own breathing. Hearing sounds of sniffling.

Slowly, Kaitlin kneels to look under the bed and gasps when she sees Isaac Curled up in a fetal position, he stares right back at her with wide terror-stricken eyes.

Kaitlin staggers back to her feet and spins around just as Stiles hurtles into the room.

He holds up two flares, determination in his eyes, he glances down at the floor where Kaitlin was just knelt, but chooses to ignore it.

"I got 'em" he throws one down onto the bed, fiddling with the one in his hands "what do I do? How do I do this?"

"Um, it's the cap, it's like a match, the caps like a match" Stiles twists the flare around and sees the coarse burgundy surface of the cap is indeed just like a match. He rubs it against the end of the flare, trying to light it.

"Stiles!"

"I'm trying!"

He continues to rub it against the flare. The flare ignites and Stiles rushes to shove it into the bathtub, burning Boyd.

The safe lifts forward as Boyd lurches out of the water, the safe drops back onto the floor of the bathroom. Kaitlin pulls Stiles away from the bath, making sure he wasn't hit by the heavy safe. Breathless, they look up from the safe to Boyd, who sits up from the water, his fangs neared and eyes yellow.

The beta stands from the bath, dripping wet with a solemn expression.

Kaitlin quickly grabs a towel, wrapping it around the beta, who gives the girl an appreciative smile. She taps at his shoulder, leaving him to sit in the bathroom, knowing he'd need a minute.

"Stiles" she whispers to the boy who's shirt was now soaked. He looks back at her, she points under the bed. "Isaac"

Stiles nods his head in understanding, grabbing the second flare and igniting it, he gets to his knees, lifting the blanket, revealing the scared boy under the bed.

"Hey Isaac, got something here for ya"

***

Kaitlin's mind was foggy, she'd agreed to stay with Isaac to calm him down, while Stiles found Lydia, Alison and Kodin and attempted to figure out what the hell was going on. She'd sat with him and talked, reminding him that it was okay, that she was here and he was safe.

Eventually the Beta fell asleep, which left Kaitlin to her own thoughts, the room was dimly lit, the tv on a low volume as some cartoon played. Her mind tried to make sense of their current predicament. Why the hell was everyone trying to kill themselves? She wondered, her brain working like a clock, ticking every second.

A cold breeze passed her, sending chills up her spine, goosebumps trailing up her fairly tanned skin. She rubs a hand absentmindedly up her arm. "Kaitlin" a low whisper is heard, making the witch jump, she glanced around the room, no sign of really anyone.

Her heart runs quite quickly now, but nonetheless, she shakes it off, deciding to leave Isaac and attempt to find her friends and brother. Kaitlin quietly stands from her chair, quickly leaving the room with the sleeping boy. Once she closes the door she sighs, her feet starting down the hallway.

Again, her mind went foggy, and the next thing she knew, she was on the roof, when she came to, the air left her lungs quickly, a gasp and yelp leaving her mouth. Her feet stood on the edge of glen Capri, one step and she'd be gone. She quickly jumped back. What the hell

She looked around, confused, how in the hell did she get up here.

"Are you gonna do it?"

Kaitlin turns quickly at the sound of a voice, her eyes widening when she sees the figure.

"Tyler?"

***

Stiles skidded to a stop, meeting up with Kodin, Scott, Lydia and Alison. "I can't find her, she wasn't in the room!" He panicked.

He'd just stopped his best friend from killing himself, when they realized there was still one more left, Kodin had reassured them he was fine, he wasn't feeling anything. So they had started the look for Kaitlin.

"She's not in our room either"

"I'm so stupid, I shouldn't of left her" Stiles panicked, Scott Laid a hand on his shoulder "we're gonna find her, okay?"

"Oh my god" everyone averted their attention to Lydia, who now had a terrified look in her eyes, staring up ahead. The four followed her gaze, their hearts stopping when they saw Kaitlin, sat on the edge of the roof of the motel.

"Stay quiet, if she hears us, she might jump" the five began to quickly and quietly make their way to the girl, hoping they'd make it.

On the roof, Kaitlin was staring at the stars, her older brother next to her.

"Typical Kaitlin, only ever caring about herself" Tyler and Kaitlin sat over the motel, their legs dangling down as Tyler spoke.

"you know, Isaac and Boyd nearly died tonight, and yet here you are, feeling sorry for yourself" Kaitlin shook her head, her eyes closed as a single tear fell "you're not real"

"Oh yeah, that's right." Tyler started, nodding his head. "I'm dead. You know, it's kind of your fault"

Kaitlin snapped her gaze to her brother, her eyes hard and her gaze furrowed "the hell did you just say" she grits out. But Tyler just stares ahead, a calm look on his face.

"Yeah, you know, dad hated you so much, that he left. Which meant mom could barely afford the medical bills and so, I didn't get the best care I needed, so I died." He stated, slowly. Each word hitting Kaitlin like a ton of bricks. But she kept stable.

"A series of unfortunate events, kind of like the domino effect, all starting when you where born"

"You know, it would just be better if you did it, jumped. You can't control it, you're dangerous. You know that, everyone knows that. The world would just be better without you"

This time, tears left Kaitlin's eyes, she turned to look at her feet. Seeing just how high up she really was. The good thoughts left her mind. Tyler's words echoing inside her brain
do it. Jump

Maybe he was right. She couldn't help Tyler, she doesn't know if she can help her friends. She had to sit and watch as people tried to kill her friends and couldn't do anything about it. Maybe she was useless. She couldn't control her magic, it was getting ahold of her, tears brimmed her eyes. She stood up, standing dangerously close to the ledge. She stared down, one wrong move and she'd be roadkill.

"Kaitlin!!" The image of her brother faded and her friends came into view, she looks at them, her eyes emotionless.

"Katie...just, step away from the ledge, please"

Kaitlin turns around, her feet still on the edge of the building, Lydia and Alison had tears in their eyes while Scott and Kodin just looked terrified.

Stiles was the one to step forward, slowly, trying to calm her down.

"What's the point?" She whispers, glancing at her brother. "I can't control it"

"Kaitlin, just...please"

"I'm useless, I can't help, because I'm afraid I'm gonna hurt someone"

Stiles shook his head "that's not true, okay? Without you, we never would have found Boyd and Cora, or saved Isaac and Boyd today, okay? You do a lot of things right, Katie, just come here"

Kaitlin's eyes filled with tears "I couldn't save him" her voice cracked as she looked at Stiles, he shook his head, tears starting to cloud his vision. "save who?"

"Tyler...I couldn't save my brother"

Kodin steps forward, his heart hammering in his chest. "Tyler wasn't your fault, kate"

"But I-"

"He was sick, he wasn't gonna get better, no matter what you think, or what dad tells you, there was nothing we could have done for him"

Stiles sneaks around Kodin, out of Kaitlin's eyesight, her eyes blurry with tears, he slowly makes his way over to her.

"Whatever you saw, wasn't real, Tyler's dead, Dads gone, okay and none of that is your fault" Kodin knew Kaitlin blamed herself for her fathers leave, she felt as though it was her who caused it, so there was a possibility that he was her hallucination

"Kaitlin, I don't know what I'd do without you, okay, I need you" he looks back at his friends "we all need you"

"So step away from the ledge"

Kaitlin shakes her head, Stiles springs into action, running at the girl, grabbing a hold of her and pulling her back, the pair fall to the ground, tears left her eyes as she laid beside him. Stiles wraps his arms around her, she shook from shock in his arms.

The four others watched as Stiles held Kaitlin, she stared ahead, her eyes wide and she gripped Stiles tightly, coming to.

"What...?" She looks at Stiles, the look he gave her telling her enough, she sighs, her body relaxing against his, he pulls her into a hug, relief filling the air.

****

Scott, Stiles, Kaitlin, Kodin, Lydia, Allison, Isaac and Boyd, all begin to wake up in the seats, clearly having spent the rest of the night on the bus.
All taking separate seats.

"I don't want to know. I really
don't. But, in case you missed the announcement, the Meet's canceled. We're headed home. Pack it in." Coach yelled, walking into the bus, glaring at the eight teens.

While the team quickly fills the bus, Scott looks up to see Ethan approach.
"I don't know what happened last
night, but I know you probably saved my life."

Stiles rolls his eyes from behind Scott
"Actually, I saved your life. But
doesn't matter really. Minor detail."

Ethan ignores the boy, going back to talking to Scott "So, I'm going to give you something... We're pretty sure Derek's still alive" Scott and Stiles share a look of surprise.

"But he killed one of ours. That
means one of two things can happen. Either he joins our pack--"

"And kills his own." Scott interjects

"Or Kali goes after him. And we kill
him. That's the way it works."

"Your little code of ethics is kind
of barbaric FYI."

Ethan gives a final nod and steps past Allison and Kaitlin's seat. Noticing something, Kaitlin stands.

"Coach, can I see your whistle for a
second?" She gets the attention of her friends, the five other teens watching her. Before he can respond, Kaitlin reaches for the whistle just below his neck. When she lifts it a stain of purple dust is revealed on his shirt.

"I want that back" As he turns, Kaitlin puts her hand over the whistle's air vent and gives it a short breath. With Stiles and the others watching, she turns her palm up to show a bit of purple dust. "Wolfsbane."

"Every time Coach blew the whistle
in the bus--Scott, Isaac, Boyd—"

"And me?" The others look at the witch puzzled "why did wolfsbane affect me?" She glances at her brother, who shrugs, dumbfounded

"That's how the Darach got into
their heads. That's how he did it."

Grabbing the whistle out of Kaitlin's hand, Stiles tosses it right out the open window. Then turns back to see Coach glaring at him.

"I'll buy you a new one."

***

JAZMINE SPEAKS
and that's motel California over and done with. This episode is one of my favs and I hope I did it justice, THANK YOU FOR 1k READS.
this book means so much to me, teen wolf means so much to me and I'm so glad you're liking it so far. Hope this was a nice and long chapter for you and don't forget to...

Vote
Comment
Share
Enjoy!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.2K 1.8K 14
teen wolf season two book two stiles stilinski x fem!oc completed © voidvaleska
98.1K 2.8K 46
★ ❪"You're my biggest weakness and strength."❫ ━━━━━━ by k.stilinski Season 3-4 Please don't copyright, it may suck but it is mine x Disclaimer; I do...
1.5K 86 9
"You know how much I hate that everybody just expects me to bounce back, Just like that" Daisy Young has always learned to survive on her...
86.1K 1.9K 24
❝When you reduce life to black and white you never see the rainbow.❞ She spend most of her life on the run for what she was. She was constantly on th...