Disowned

By graphic-hawk

Anti's still dealing with the pain of his fellow Septic egos forcing him away from them. Did he deserve it? M... More

Estranged
Anxiety Build-Up
Arrival of the Septics
High Tensions
Late Night Drama
Friendly Competition
You Can't Get Rid Of Me
Haunting Memories
Those Intrusive Thoughts Again
Do Cookies Bring Enemies Together?
The Scene: Part 1
Just Barely
Chase's Punishment
Apologies and Pop-tarts
Sore and In Doubt
Act 2
Is It Not A Bit Odd?
Not Himself Today
What's Happening!?
Anti Deserved It. Didn't He?
The Other Side Of The House
Marvin the Magnificent Exorcist
The Real Actor
The Demon's New Toy
Sneaky Rat or Clever Snake?
What Deal?
Dying Flowers. Dying Souls.
Ego Swap
Secrets Exposed
Just Practice
Fight For Anti
Their Last Shot
Actor's Redemption
Search For the Cabin
Celine the Magnificent Seer
It's Not Looking Good
The Soul of a Broken Man
A Miracle
Epilogue
NEW BOOK- 'Understanding the Villain'
Darkiplier's Story

The Scene: Part 2

2.4K 148 289
By graphic-hawk

Trigger warning in this chapter. Trigger will be labeled.

Once they finally arrived to Ethan and Kat's apartment, they all were excited to get out of the car. The tension in the air too unbearable.

Mark, Sean, Amy and the rest of the crew seemed a little confused by their awkward motions but let it go.

"Come on. Let's see if he's ready" Mark led them up to Ethan's apartment and knocked on the door. It took a minute, but the Unus finally answered.

"Hey Mark, I-" He stopped, seeing everyone, "Mark, you said it would only be a few people"

Mark shrugged a little, "Uh yeah . . yeah, it is"

"This is almost twenty people, Mark"

"Ehehehh" Mark tried to laugh it off but Dark broke in instead.

"Yes, we know Mark can be incompetent sometimes but will you let us film here or not?"

Ethan sighed, "I guess. I-"

"Good!" Wilford barged inside, "Where's the bathroom!? I need to powder my wig!"

"What?"

"It's down the hall, Wil" Mark provided.

Ethan sighed, "Alright. Let's get this over with. You wanna do up your neck thing and make you extra scary?"

"Yeah, sure!"

While they had someone making the thick cut on his neck, a whine cut through them before they could talk and Spencer was seen across the room wagging his tail.

"Oh hey Spencer boi! Come here!" Ethan babied him, "Come say hi"

Anti was excited to see yet another dog again and bent his arm down to try and be the first to pet him, "Spencer! Come see me! You know me! Come love me!"

Dark snorted at Anti's futile attempt as Spencer padded up to Mark and Amy first, used to their presence most of all.

"Aw" Anti's heart cracked but Spencer sure enough came back to him, smelling Henry and Chica on him, wagging his tag happily as he then received an abundance of love from the Septic. The others weren't too inclined to love on the dog, too busy to make time for it.

Finally once his fake wound was finished, Anti got to REALLY love and pet the dog and Ethan smirked, "Why don't you visit more often, man? Spencer loves you, too"

Anti grinned, "I would but you and Mark are always busy with Unus Annus and I don't want to interrupt your guy's recording"

"Don't worry about it! Maybe some time you could join us in a video and pretend to be Sean since he had Marvin pretend to be you, huh? A little revenge?"

Anti's eyes lit up, "I like the way you think"

Sean cut in the conversation, "Uh excuse me, not going to ask my permission?"

"You didn't ask Anti's" Ethan quipped back at him.

Anti stood back up from loving Spencer, "It's fine. I'm over it. I just wanna get this stupid scene over with and go back home with a bowl of ice cream"

"Ah that sounds so good!"

"Right!?"

"No ice cream for you" Dark heard them, "You stole my cookies, remember? I haven't forgotten"

"Aw but Dark!"

"No buts!"

As the crew started setting up the cameras, Ethan snorted, "Man, he's really turned into a mom with you around, hasn't he?"

"You're telling me" Anti chuckled, "And so overprotective!"

"I heard that!"

"Good!"

Mark nudged Dark who was pouting a little now, "He's right"

"Shut up"

"Alright!" Sean brought everyone's attention to him, "This scene is just Chase and Anti for now. Chase, I want you to go over by the chair sitting and . . .contemplating. Ethan can you get his prop for me and make sure it's not loaded? Anti, come with me"

Anti was at a loss, but had his script out and followed him outside.

"Look, Sean, I know you want me to say this shit but I don't really understand the point. It just ends with a cut-off and this is my only scene, right?"

Sean crossed his arms with a smirk, "Forget the script, Anti"

His forehead creased in confusion, "W-wait. What? What do you mean forget the script? You had me reading it all morning!"

"I know, I know" Sean grinned, looking sheepish, "I just didn't want the others to suspect anything and in case they saw, it wouldn't matter"

Anti blinked, "I still don't understand"

Sean cautiously took his shoulder, "Look . . I know we've never really gotten along but . . . I really do feel bad for what happened between us. And I'm sorry for what I said the other day. You're right. I have no right to call you mine. You are your own person and I respect that. And I'm sorry for . . . for everything you've been through. You've hurt others. . . But I know why."

"Why . . .. " Anti wanted to yell at him but he just couldn't. His mood was somber. He could hear Sean's genuine apology, "Why do you think?" he wanted to hear him say it.

"Because I hurt you. I made you something you didn't want to be and I'm sorry. I took the community's theories and suggestions and just mashed them all together instead of thinking of what was best for you as an ego. As a person."

Anti felt his shoulders drop.

He had never heard Sean sound this way before. So . . . accepting of him.

"That's why I'm letting you have free control over the scene with Chase. Within reason, that is."

"W-wait . .. really?" he couldn't believe it!

"Y-you're giving me . . . control over it? I can . . I can say or do whatever I want!?" a smile grew on his face and Sean returned it.

"Yep! What do you think? Think you can handle it?"

Anti swallowed, thinking for a moment but nodded softly, "I think so. Yeah . .. . yeah, I got it" he shuffled a little, biting his lip slightly, "Thank you Sean"

His creator pat his shoulder, "No problem. Now let's go show everyone what you got!"

Anti glitched in excitement and nodded, dropping the script on the ground as Sean made his way back inside. Anti had a plan.

Meanwhile, Chase took the gun from Ethan, looking it over. It was just like the one he always kept at the back of his pants. Obviously Sean didn't know he had his real one with him or else he would have taken it away.

He stared at the prop gun and sighed deeply. He knew he wouldn't get the chance to use it but it comforted him to have the real thing with him as well.

He had read his part of the script and knew what was coming by what Anti had said. He was going with a monologue again and all he had to do was act scared and pissed off. Yell stupid obvious questions to him like 'what do you want from me?' 'who are you?'.

He didn't know why Sean was trying to keep that such a secret but he guessed he'd find out.

'If he tries anything, you know what you can do.'

Chase ran his fingers along the side of the prop gun, walking towards the chair he was supposed to sit at with a bottle of whiskey.

'God, I wish I could actually drink some of it'

He knew he was still a bit hung over but he could still taste that flavor in his mouth and he wanted more. Last night wasn't enough.

But he just sat down, ignoring Jackie who kept asking him to place nice with Anti. It was just fake.

Just fake.

He couldn't help but snarl at that.

What he did to his kids wasn't fake. They had to see a therapist and still the sound of static terrifies them. Kallie had told him over the phone the other night she didn't want him to hang up otherwise there would be static on the other end. Even the smallest of things hurt his kids and everyone was just so nice to Anti now as if he did nothing wrong.

Everything was just FINE now.

His head was starting to pound again, his headache throbbing. But he didn't want anyone to know, otherwise they'd cancel for the day and try a different scene with the others. He just wanted this over with.

Sean came back in but without Anti.

"Alright everyone! We're gonna get into place! Get ready!"

"Wait, where's Anti?" Dark asked.

"Don't worry about it. He's getting ready" Sean grinned, "Chase, we'll open up with you. Ready?"

The other Septic egos looked worried but watched as Chase placed the prop gun on the small table next to him by the whiskey, "Ready. Let's get this over with."

The whole set was quiet but Mark let Sean make the call since it was his egos, "Three, two . . .. one. . .. . Action!"

Chase sighed heavily. He looked at a picture of his 'family' and fresh tears ran down his face.

He wiped them away and poured himself a glass of whiskey before downing it. He grimaced at the flavor, realizing it wasn't actually whiskey but apple juice. They didn't trust him enough to let him have actual alcohol on set.

He poured another glass but right before he downed another, he stopped himself, slamming it back down on the small table.

"Dammit" he muttered to himself.

He stared at the gun on the table and bit his lip. He ripped his cap off his head and ran a hand through his hair, slouching in the chair, his head almost in between his knees.

He whined and grabbed the gun. Tears ran down his face some more as he checked it for bullets and closed the chamber once more.

He put the gun up to his head and sobbed a little.

"Chaaaaase~"

His back arched and goosebumps formed on his skin. Chase straightened up and looked around but there was no one there. Except for the crew, that is.

He gulped and looked around some more but there was silence.

He was ready to put the gun back up to his head when Ethan's TV turned on. Showing white noise and static. Chase's shoulders squared more a bit in anger but he tried to look convincing for the camera, surprised.

"The fuck?" he stood up completely and looked around. He found the remote and turned off the TV.

Silence again.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Chase was confused but went over to answer it but he only got a few feet when the TV turned on again!

Chase was pissed but quickly stomped over to unplug the fucking thing.

'Like every other fooking trope in horror movies. The fook is he up to?'

"Chase!" it was right next to him and he jumped but when he turned, nothing was there.

"The fuck!!?" he shouted again, "Who's there!? What do you want!?"

There were his lines. Now was the scare and monologue, right?

Silence.

Chase clenched his fists, actually pissed at himself for getting worked up when he KNEW what was happening.

"Show yourself!"

It wasn't his line but it worked good enough.

The TV turned on again and he was ready to punch the fucking thing and buy Ethan a new one. When he turned, however, there he was.

Looking just like his old self but without Sean's green hair. He had his hair up. Black eyes with bright green pupils. Sharp canines showing in his sadistic grin. His neck scar was covered in fake blood and a little make-up to make it look fresh. Glitches changing his stance here and there.

Chase took a step back, knowing that's what his character would do.

This was too real, though. The mad look in his eyes. Just like before.

"̵B̷r̷o̸d̵y̸ ̶.̷ ̸.̴ ̵.̴ ̷.̷" he grinned, "Been a while" he took a step forward, making Chase take another step back.

"What's wrong? You look . . . . w̵o̶r̵r̵i̷e̸d̶.̸ Afraid? So pathetic" he chuckled at him in that high pitched tone that drove him insane.

Chase wanted to snarl, he felt such unbelievable rage towards him. He looked just as he did before. Sounded just the same!

'He hasn't changed.'

Chase looked over to the prop gun and tried to jump towards it but Anti glitched in his way, "What's the matter? What you gonna do? E̶n̸d̴ ̶y̶o̴u̵r̶s̸e̵l̸f̴?̶ So weak and stupid." he laughed at him again, grinning strangely.

"What. . . do you want from me?"

"Don't you want them back?"

His interest perked.

This wasn't what he was supposed to say to him. It was supposed to be another monologue. What was he doing? But he was drawn into it.

"W-who?"

"Your family of course!" Anti glitched with a chuckle and suddenly, he had the gun in his hand, "̴U̷n̷l̵e̵s̵s̴ ̷y̴o̴u̴ ̸w̸a̷n̶t̷ ̴t̸o̶ ̴d̶i̸e̸ ̴a̶n̵d̵ ̸s̶e̶e̵ ̵t̶h̴e̵m̵ ̷i̵n̸ ̸h̷e̵l̸l̴ ̶l̶a̵t̷e̷r̸"̴

Chase swallowed, getting angrier by the second but tried his best to follow along. He could see Sean signaling him from the other side of the room to roll with it.

"What do you want from me? Where are they!?" he tried lunging at Anti but he just sparked, making him jump back to avoid getting shocked.

"Easy there, Chasey." he cooed, "̴M̴a̷n̴n̶e̴r̸s̵.̶ I'll tell you. If you . . . do something for me"

The lights flickers at Anti's dangerous grin. Appliances glitching with him. Chase was silent, memories flooding back into him. Anti had done this before. Did he know he was pissing him off? Did he WANT that?

"Do you want your family back or not, Brody? I can give them back to you. You just have to answer o̸n̴e̸ ̴q̶u̶e̶s̵t̸i̷o̶n̷ ̵f̶o̶r̴ ̴m̶e̷"̸ ̵he smiled, taking another step forward.

Chase didn't step back this time though. He was too trapped in the memories of before. For a moment, he forgot this was just a video.

Anti licked his lips, glitching again, "̷A̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̷u̸ ̵m̴y̴ ̸p̶u̸p̶p̵e̸t̴,̶ ̸d̸e̴a̵r̶ ̶B̶r̶o̶d̷y̴?̶"̴ he laughed in his face in a teasing tone.

Anti was just trying to act his role but Chase took it personally. He laughed and didn't see Chase swing at him, knocking him into the ground.

"You son of a bitch!"

He went to punch Anti in the face but Jackie grabbed him from behind, "Chase, stop it! Stop it now!"

"CUT!"

Sean rushed over to help Anti up off the ground. Chase was still trying to get out of Jackie's strong grasp but Sean waved his hand in front of his face, "Chase! Chase knock it off! Enough! It was just a scene, Chase!"

"Fuck you!" but he stopped struggling, glaring at Anti with death in his eyes, "You bastard, you KNEW that would piss me off! You knew it!"

Anti put his hands up defensively, "I'm sorry! I just thought that's what would happen in the scene!"

Chase shoved himself out of Jackie's arms, "That's not what you were supposed to do! You were supposed to fooking monologue like usual and be done with your fucking shite! What the fook were you doing!?"

"Chase, enough!" Sean stood in his way from attacking Anti again, "I told him he had free reign to do what he wanted."

"Y-you . . .. You what!?"

The others were just as surprised but Sean continued, "I told him to forget the script. I wanted him to have control over this scene. He's done enough monologues. I felt it was time for something a little different. Something more exciting"

"And you thought him talking about my family was 'exciting'!?"

Anti tried to get involved again, "Chase, I'm sorry! We can do something different. I won't mention your family again. I should have known it'd upset you. I'm sorry. It's my fault"

Chase had his fists ready to attack him again and he was breathing hard. But he contained himself.

"You went too far"

"I know. I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I promise" he looked genuine and Chase snuffed.

". . . . . . .Fine. Let's go again."

"You good?" Sean asked him, "Want to take a break first or?-"

"Let's go again" he said more firmly.

". . . Alright. . .. back to first positions, then. Anti, you ready to go again?"

He nodded and walked back outside with his arms crossed. Dark tried to say something to him but he just kept walking. Anti felt horrible. He really should have known better. It was his fault.

But the next time they tried the scene, it was almost just as bad. Chase was getting upset over the smallest of things. How he introduced himself. How he talked. What he said. How he used scare factors. He even tried carrying a prop knife and fake slashed his arm but Chase just argued that they didn't have enough fake blood to make another wound like the one on his neck. And if he was going to attack him with a knife, it might as well be across his neck!

Anti felt like nothing he did was good enough and they had to redo the scene over and over again much to everyone's annoyance.

But he didn't attack him again, which was better.

But it was cutting too close to lunch so they decided to take a break and start fresh again in an hour. Anti was super relieved and laid down on Ethan's couch after given permission and removing the fake wound from his neck as to not stain the furniture.

Most of the crew and egos went out to get food but Anti decided to hang back. He wanted to keep his mind fresh. He had to think of a way for his scene to work without pissing off Chase.

But unfortunately, the single father was there too. But they weren't alone together. Jackie, Henrik, the Jims and Google. Google had been very quiet for most of the time that day but Anti was used to it. He just loved to observe most times.

Dark promised to get him something for lunch and Anti was going to hold him to it. They were going to one of his favorite sandwich shops for lunch and Anti was REALLY in the mood for something with juicy meat and onions. It just sounded so good for some reason!

After a while of thinking to himself, he finally thought of something that could work but he thought it best to ask Chase first so he'd be prepared. He was back in that chair again using his phone and scrolling through something but Anti figured it would be fine to ask since Jackie and Google were there in case something happened.

Plus sometimes Henrik carried sedatives, right?

He carefully walked towards Chase, "Hey uh . . .Chase?"

The man breathed in a heavy sigh, "What?" he grumbled without looking at him.

"I uh . . I was wondering if I could. . . could talk to you about the scene? See if something else would be. . .okay?"

"What do you need me for? Sean trusts you, doesn't he?"

"Yeah but . . whatever I do. . . you never seem to . . agree with it. I just-"

"I'll never agree with anything you do" Chase growled.

Anti was confused, "Then . .. then how would we finish the scene?"

"Who the fuck cares? You'll do what you want anyway. Just like before. And you'll get rewarded. Fucking sickens me"

That hurt. Anti swallowed, "Look, I just want to finish this scene just as much as you do.. I just wanna go home"

"Oh really?" Chase finally stood up, his anger winning over. The whispers in his aching head getting louder and louder, "Well so do I. I want to leave this fooking country but no . .. I just HAD to get roped in to come here. And play a character I don't want to. With YOU. The man that MADE my life miserable."

Anti looked around but realized he was in trouble. Jackie looked to have gone to the bathroom and Henrik was outside on the phone. Google was charging in sleep mode during lunch and the Jims were no where to be seen. He had to try and deflate the situation himself.

"Look . . just calm down. It's just a video, Chase"

"Just a video" Chase smirked, "Funny. Apparently my whole life is just a video. Everything you've done to me. . . everyone knows. But do they care? Of course not. They love YOU and want MORE"

Anti took a step back, "Chase. . . . I know you're upset but-"

"You DESTROYED my fooking life, Anti!" he screamed at him, shoving him against a nearby wall, his hand around his throat, "You hurt my family! And they're GONE because of it! Stacey won't let me SEE the kids because of what YOU did! Who I'm forced to be associated with! And why should you get rewarded for that!? It's not fair! You've never even apologized for it!"

"I'm sorry!" Anti yelled back, "There, you happy!? I'm fooking sorry, Chase! I'm sorry for what I did! You're right! I was a monster back then but I'm different now, I promise!"

"Your word means nothing to me! You may be a Septic but you are worthless! Replaceable! You're a fucking disappointment and Sean only gave you a scene because he felt sorry for you and to look better in front of Mark!"

"I know that! Don't you think I know that!?" Anti had tears running down his face but Chase kept him in place, pressing harder against his throat, a fist at the ready to beat him.

"But you all hurt me, too!" Anti shouted at him, "When I was first created, NONE of you wanted anything to do with me! You all thought me a mistake then!"

"Don't you dare warp this, you bastard! You tried to-"

"I did NOTHING to you all! You all abandoned me! Left me alone without any reason why! I wanted revenge! Why should any of you get to be happy and not me!? Huh!? It wasn't fair! THAT wasn't fair!"

"That's not what happened!"

"How would you know?! You were too busy getting drunk every day to think straight!"

Chase reached his hand back to punch him but Anti shouted, "You all disowned me from the beginning without knowing me! It hurt! And I wanted to hurt you all back! But I know that was wrong, now, Chase! I shouldn't have hurt you . . .. . I was hurting. And I shouldn't have. . ..I brought your family into it. And I'm SORRY."

Tears were running down both of their faces. They were both breathing heavily in the adrenaline but they both stayed stock still, waiting for the other.

'Is he really sorry? Is he telling the truth? It was us, first?' he thought to himself, 'How would I not know that though? Wouldn't I know that?'

'He's lying to you.'

'But he doesn't look like he's lying'

'He's a good actor. You know deep down he's lying. He was smiling when he did what he did'

'He was happy with himself' Chase agreed, 'He. . . .laughed'

Trigger warning

He remembered seeing Sean's neck sliced open. Seeing Henrik getting choked. Jackie beaten and burned. Marvin trapped and restrained. Jameson hanging like a prized puppet. His wife and kids crying out and begging for help behind that TV screen, static ringing in his ears.

Anti's laughter, clearly enjoying their pain.

"Chase. . .. " Anti tried to get him to snap out of it, "Chase, I'm-"

It was so sudden.

Chase ripped his gun out from the back of his pants and pressed it against Anti's chest.

The shot rang out loudly and a ringing blared in both their ears.

Anti stared up at Chase in shock.

Pain in both of their eyes. Tears running down their faces in silence.

Anti's mouth hung open and he slowly looked down where Chase shot.

Blood started to seep through his shirt and he suddenly seized up, shivering and whimpered in fear.

Chase suddenly realized what just happened.

The voice in his head was gone. It got what it wanted. Chase never wanted this.

He gasped in realization, "A-anti?"

The glitch looked back up at him, blood pooling out of his mouth down his chin. He couldn't say anything.

Chase saw the fear in his eyes, though. The pain of what just happened. The . . .. acceptance?

Chase went down with Anti as he fell to the ground but the father held him, throwing the gun to the side, "Anti? . . .. . ANTI!!" he held his head to the side so he didn't choke on his blood.

But Anti's eyes started to close.

"No. . .no, no, no, no. What have I done. . .What have I done!? Fuck! No! NO! ANTI!!" Chase pressed his hand on the seeping wound, trying to stop the bleeding, "JACKIE! HENRIK! SOMEBODY HELP!!!"

Google woke up from his charging but he was too late.

Just then the door opened.

Dark was at the door with everyone else behind him.

They all froze at what they saw and Dark breathed in sharply, seeing his best friend on the floor bleeding out. He dropped everything he was holding.

"Anti?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 1K 24
All the egos seem to despise Anti, no matter how sorry he is. But the good doctor Henrik Von Schneeplestein seems to hate him more than everyone. Wha...
26.8K 2.1K 29
Anti doesn't know what to do with his life, really. He doesn't know what he is anymore. He's always been the villain but he feels as if he could be m...
65.8K 3.6K 34
He doesn't remember much. He remembers waking up in a hospital, his head hurt and he was afraid. He can't remember his name or how he got there. Who...
70.4K 2.5K 36
Dark and Anti both have problems trying to fit in with the other egos. They are perceived as evil without given a chance to prove otherwise. Enjoy...