Not Alone | Blaine Anderson

By crystalskys

Kurt was into performing. Poppy was into sport. Growing up, it had always been as simple as that for Kurt Hu... More

Introduction
Loser Like Me
Without You
Teenage Dream
Dream A Little Dream of Me
Marry You
Hallelujah
Dancing On My Own
Fearless
Need You Now
Close to You
Silly Love Songs
Don't You Want Me
Bring Me Home
Candyman
Not Alone
Who Says
The Chain
Love You Like a Love Song
Don't Rain on my Parade
Every Single Night
It's Not Unusual
Maria
Take Care of Yourself
Opening Night
I Kissed a Girl
Sectionals
Let it Snow
Ain't Nobody
Beat It
Smooth Criminal
Count on Me
We are Golden
Sweet Child 'O Mine
Anything for Love
Pressure
I Have Nothing
It's Always A Good Time
Edge of Glory
Don't Dream It's Over
Part Two
The Scientist
Fight for this Love
The Boy Is Mine
You're the One that I Want
Drops of Jupiter
I Still Believe
Wannabe
Not Even Zefron
I Dreamed a Dream
Fruity Voodoo Powers
Signed, Sealed, Delivered
Isn't She Lovely
Treasure
Poppy in the Sky with Diamonds
Wide Awake
On Our Way
Tell Her About It
You're My Best Friend
Be My Baby
Hold On
Midnight at Dalton
Rule the World
Long Live
Raise Your Glass
Defying Gravity
We Are Young
Don't Stop Believin'
Time of Your Life
Part Three
Welcome to New York
You Know You Love Me
You Make Me Feel So Young
All For You
She's Electric
Green Light
Everything Has Changed
Story of My Life
Never Enough
Broadway, Here I Come
Part Four
Call It What You Want
Let Me Be Your Star
It's Nice To Have A Friend
Back To December
Still Hurting
It Must Have Been Love
You Were Never Mine
Transitioning
Something I Need
Dancing in the Moonlight
Can't Help Falling In Love
All About You
Old Familiar Place
Changes
Rise
Thank You For The Music
A Christmas Surprise
The Luckiest
Epilogue
A Christmas Gift...
#1
#2

All You Need Is Love

2.1K 70 17
By crystalskys

Chapter Fifty-Two - All You Need Is Love

"I can't believe it's Beatles week!" I exclaimed as I walked out of the choir room with Blaine, arm in arm. "Finally we get some British appreciation up in here!"

Blaine chuckled, "Saying that, I think I have the perfect idea for our prom theme." I nudged Blaine, indicating for him to continue, "British Invasion, inspired by both the Beatles and my British-speaking girlfriend."

"I appreciate the acknowledgement that this is purely an accent, as much as I would love to be British, I feel like I'm living a lie a little," I joked, "But I love it, especially as we can link the music in nicely, as well as serving British snacks."

"Speaking of snacks, me and Kurt have prepared a little goodbye picnic," Blaine winked.

I rolled my eyes, "Kurt isn't leaving until the weekend."

"I know," he noted, "I just thought it'll be nice for all of us to hang around with him last one time, just us three, and, we can perform the number we prepared."

"So that's why we randomly started preparing it," I laughed, "why is this all such a surprise?"

"Am I not allowed to surprise you from time to time?" Blaine teased, grabbing my hand as we walked up the steps and joined Kurt.

"I'm really gonna miss you two in New York," Kurt sighed as we finished all of the food, "I mean besides the constant 'coupleness', you're a lot more relaxing than Rachel and Santana."

I giggled, "Our little threesome will be reunited again in New York, but you'll have Freddie so we can all be lovey-dovey then."

"Speaking of Freddie, do you maybe think you could pick him up from the airport?" Kurt suddenly asked.

"Doesn't he have some fancy chauffeur to do that?" I joked I had only just started driving again and I didn't fancy the drive to Colombus and back.

Kurt rolled his eyes, "I need you to drive him to Dalton."

"I would but I'm helping Kurt prepare, best man duties," Blaine nodded proudly.

I gasped, "W-what? What happened to our agreement that we'd be each other's maid of honours?"

Kurt shook his head, "You're both my best man and maid of honour, since you're a couple I think that's allowed."

"I wouldn't let just anyone share the position, though I think I'll make an exception for you," I said to Blaine.

"An exception?" He teased, nudging me playfully giggling before bringing his arm around for me, pulling me into him and kissing me on the cheek.

"How are you feeling about it?" I asked Kurt, he had spent the last week panicking though he had seemed worryingly calm this week.

He nodded, "Good, ready, happy."

I smiled, "I'm happy for you, it's going to go perfectly."

"And because we're so very happy for you," Blaine winked, beginning to readjust himself to get up, "Me and Pops planned a little something for you, an engagement present, shall we say?"

"Uh, no, no, no, no, no," Kurt protested, "there is no way I'm sitting down and watching the two of you sing to me anymore." He got himself, "Which is why I prepared something for you two, an engagement present to myself."

I rolled my eyes and laughed, Blaine, sitting back down and chuckling with me. Kurt winked, before blowing a whistle and a band beginning to play.

KURT
I was alone, I took a ride
I didn't know what I would find there
Another road where maybe I
Could see another kind of mind there

POPPY
Ooo, then I suddenly see you
Ooo, did I tell you I need you?
Every single day of my life

BLAINE
You didn't run, you didn't lie
You know I wanted just to hold you
And had you gone, you knew in time
We'd meet again for I had told you

POPPY (KURT)
(Uh!) You were meant to be near me
(Uh!) And I want you to hear me

KURT, POPPY & BLAINE
Say we'll be together every day
Got to get you into my life

POPPY & BLAINE
What can I do, what can I be?
When I'm with you I want to stay there
If I'm true I'll never leave
And if I do I know the way there

KURT
Uh! Then I suddenly see you
Uh! Did I tell you I need you?

KURT, POPPY & BLAINE
Every single day of my life
Got to get you into my life

POPPY
Got to get you into my life

KURT
I was alone, I took a ride
I didn't know what I would find there

BLAINE
Another road where maybe I
Could see another kind of mind there

POPPY
And suddenly I see you

BLAINE
Did I tell you I need you?
Oh!

KURT, POPPY & BLAINE
I got to get you into my life

We all hugged as we finished on top of the table, I was going to miss my brother.

I had snuck out of school during my study hall to go to the mall. It was the only time I knew I could sneak off and find Blaine a birthday present, and at a time where I couldn't be with him anyway. I had been browsing a card shop when I saw a familiar face, and I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Freddie?" I said, putting down the card I was looking at and walking out of the shop, his face looked as alarmed as mine was.

"P-poppy how are you?" He was panicked, frenzied, somewhat scared. What was going on?

"What are you doing here? I didn't think you were meant to come until Friday, I was picking you up from the airport-" I trailed off, at least this meant I didn't have the drive.

Then things took an expected turn when another familiar face approached, he had been looking down at his phone, "Nope Freddie, there's not a single Dunkin Donuts anywhere in this mall, it says on- Poppy."

"Do you want to explain to me what is going on Kurt?" I questioned, incredibly confused. Clearly, these two had been together, so what was going on with the proposal?

"W-well, Freddie kind of came back a bit earlier and y' know," Kurt awkwardly said, and he wasn't rambling for once so I was incredibly suspicious.

"When did he come back?"

Kurt took a deep breath, "Last week after Regionals?"

"Why didn't you tell me? And why did you literally ask me to pick up Freddie from the airport tomorrow and drive him to Dalton when you knew he was already here?" I asked I couldn't give any explanation in my mind, then I looked at both of their hands, they had both been wearing engagement rings. "W-wait, you've already proposed, then what about-?"

"You can't tell Blaine or anyone for that matter that you know anything," was all Kurt said, still being vague.

"Why not Blaine? Does Blaine know? Why has he been-" And then it clicked, everything Kurt had said a few weeks back and then how Blaine had been acting and all the wedding talk. "Oh."

Kurt grabbed my hand and squeezed it, frowning, "Blaine really wanted this to be a big surprise and he's put in so much work, just please, act like you don't know."

I didn't know what to say, no words could even begin to form. Blaine really was gonna ask me to marry him. "Are you two engaged then?"

Freddie smiled, "I beat him to asking the question again, luckily because of that we both got rings."

"What are we going to do though? With the whole me picking up Freddie thing?"

Kurt thought for a moment, "We'll change it, I'll get Dad to tell you you're going to visit relatives or something that evening and then take you to Dalton."

"Sounds good enough," I sighed, "It's going to be impossible me seeing Blaine though for the next few days."

"Do you know how hard it was for me to keep this a secret? I'm the worst at keeping my mouth shut, let's be real," Kurt chuckled.

"I'm so happy for you two though," I smiled, bringing them both into a hug. Now I had to think about what I was going to say to Blaine when he proposed to me.

It was somewhat relieving knowing what was happening, as every look, I was getting from the Glee Club suddenly made sense. All of Blaine's mysterious absences along with other Glee members were justified, and I felt somewhat smug at how I secretly knew everything.

Friday finally came around, and I knew that evening what was happening. Dad had already mentioned that we were 'meeting Kurt' out our second cousin or something's house that night and Blaine had already conveniently cancelled our Friday night date plans for his own family commitments. It was all coming together so nicely, and I think I enjoyed knowing everything more than the surprise of it all.

We were all sitting in Glee for that final lesson of the week, "Okay, guys, week one of our Beatles fest has been epic. I think we've really unpacked what made the Fab Four such an instant sensation, but now I want to turn to their oft-ignored middle period."

Tina swiftly placed her hand up, "Mr Schue, would you say that the early Beatles looked out for each other even when they didn't want to be looked out for?" She stood up and walked to the front, and I knew an intervention was about to happen and I prayed it wasn't going to be anything to do with Blaine's intentions for this night. Trust Tina to ruin a proposal.

Instead, Artie whispered, "Oh, God, no." Under his breath.

"Uh if I understand your question, Tina, yes, the early Beatles always had each other's backs."

"In that case, I'm sorry, Artie, but this is for your own good," Tina announced, Artie shaking his head as she turned around to face the class. "Everyone, Kitty and Artie are dating, but Kitty's making Artie hide it because she's embarrassed by him, and I think that's emotional abuse. Artie is a great guy, and he deserves to be loved openly and proudly and without conditions."

"For once we agree," Kitty sighed, "It's true, Arthur and I are dating."

"So that's what Artie is short for," I whispered to Blaine.

"We are?" Artie questioned, somewhat in shock, "Officially?"

"And for the record - and not that it's anyone's business, especially not yours, Tina Cohen-Agitator, I did want to keep it hush-hush," Kitty revealed.

"Because you were ashamed," Tina spat back.

"Yes, Memoirs of a Lame Geisha," Kitty stood up, "because I occupy a certain place in the McKinley hierarchy, and you all, with an exception of Poppy probably because she's head cheerleader, occupy a different, lesser place in that hierarchy."

"I'm deputy head cheerleader," Blaine muttered, seeming somewhat offended.

"You're a guy," Kitty pointed out before resuming back to her point, "and before exploding said hierarchy by jumping up and down on Oprah's couch, declaring my undying love for someone who is, let's face it, not my usual body type. I wanted to be sure."

"Of what?" Marley asked.

Kitty sat down on the front step, Artie rolling over to her, "That I really, really liked him. And that I would be willing to risk not just my social standing but also getting hurt by letting him wheel into my heart. And even though I know he's getting ready to graduate and we're probably just as dommed as every other sad, broken, backwards relationship that's ever started in this Jesus-and love-forsaken choir room."

"Poppy and I will have a happy ending," Blaine insisted, grabbing my hand.

"Good job we started at Dalton then," I whispered to him, kissing his cheek.

"But I do like you, Artie," Kitty continued, "You make me laugh, and not just with those stupid Youtube fail videos you're always showing me. Look, asking you to keep our stuff private wasn't cool, and I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Kitty," Artie smiled, "But, um, as far as, like, updating my Facebook status?"

"Yes," she nodded, "we are officially, publicly, shockingly a thing." We all cheered as she placed a kiss on his lips.

*

"I know this isn't the usual way to Marissa's but apparently this is quicker, especially with Friday rush hour-" Dad began as we drove in the car.

I interrupted him, "Dad, I know you're driving me to my surprise proposal."

"Did Kurt finally spill, I would have made this a surprise for Kurt as well if I was Blaine he's awful at keeping stuff quiet," Dad shook his head.

I giggled, "Actually no, well, technically not. I kind of bumped into him and Freddie at the mall, they kinda had to fill me in."

"You okay? You look like I'm driving you to your execution." Dad asked I supposed I had been incredibly pale.

I sighed, "I don't know, I can't tell. When it was Finn and Rachel's engagement I got into a car crash after finding out and then Blaine got blinded, it wasn't a good week really. But, I don't know, I feel so guilty because of how against I was against theirs but-"

"Your mum and I met when we were 22," Dad began, "and I asked her to marry me sixth months in. We were just kids. Yeah, it was really hard at first, you know, you go in with all these fantasies about what your life together is gonna be like: nothing but laughing and dancing around in your underwear, cooking pasta, and sex. A lot of sex." He pulled up at Dalton, and I got out of the car.

I straightened out my dress I had been wearing, I had dressed up since I knew what was happening. It was a yellow summer dress, I knew it was one of Blaine's favourites.

"It's hard being married, though. It's hard enough being in your 20s."

"Do you wish you waited?" I asked Dad, my mind as conflicted as ever.

"Not one second more," Dad smiled, "I wish I'd met her ten years earlier. I didn't know then that I was only going to get so much time with her, you know? That she was gonna leave us so soon. I'd take 50 more years of late-night fights about, you know, me working late or the gas bill or her letting the milk go bad for just ten more minutes with her next to me. We only get a few days when you come down to it, Pops. You know that better than anyone. Look, totally being honest here? Blaine asked me what I thought about this and I gave him my opinion."

"Which was?" I asked.

Dad shook his head, "My opinion doesn't matter here. You're nearly eighteen, you're your own woman now. But giving you a choice means you gotta make one. So relax," he placed his hands on my shoulders, almost to hold me down, "hear what the guy has to say. I mean, all you gotta do is say yes, no, or maybe."

"Is there another option?" I panicked, giving my Dad the eyes. My undoubted nerve.

He chuckled, and then I heard the music. I knew Blaine had gone all out, and I wouldn't have expected any less. What scared me the most was knowing that as soon as I saw his face, I knew I couldn't say no, and perhaps that was the best way to let the decision be made.

I walked over to the terrace entrance of Dalton, where the band began to emerge from, the singing beginning as I walked up. The band had blocked my view initially, though almost on time for Blaine to start singing my eyes met him, those eyes and his glare the most comforting thing I had ever seen. I relaxed as his smooth, silky vocals began to sing to me. I felt ready.

BLAINE (NEW DIRECTIONS, THE WARBLERS, and VOCAL ADRENALINE)
(Love) There's nothing you can do that can't be done
(Love) Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
(Love) Nothing you can say, but you can learn
How to play the game

He had walked up to me, and I was knowing with his smug singing expression he was eating up how much I had been blushing and staring at him with loving eyes. I had never felt so much love for anyone, and I felt like it was about to explode out of me at any moment.

BLAINE with NEW DIRECTIONS, THE WARBLERS, and VOCAL ADRENALINE
It's easy

He began to walk back, ushering me to walk inside where Santana, Mercedes, Rachel, Kurt and Freddie all stood. I hugged each of them individually before getting to Kurt, who winked at me and grabbed my hand, leading me as we followed Blaine. The Warblers had been to the left of us singing, even Sebastian who playfully winked at me when I glanced over.

BLAINE (NEW DIRECTIONS, THE WARBLERS, and VOCAL ADRENALINE)
(Love) Nothing you can make that can't be made
(Love) No one you can save that can't be saved
(Love) Nothing you can do, but you can learn
How to be you in time
It's easy (Love)

As we walked into the next corridor, we had met the rest of the New Directions. Sam emerged first, and I let go of Kurt's hand and brought him into a tight squeeze. I felt the need to pour all of the love I was feeling into everyone, each hug becoming tighter as I saw more people. I even hugged Tina.

BLAINE with NEW DIRECTIONS, THE WARBLERS, and VOCAL ADRENALINE
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need

Now I was facing Blaine, him singing directly to me, only a metre apart again. A part of me wished this could have been over just so I could kiss his mouth that had currently been singing.

BLAINE (NEW DIRECTIONS, THE WARBLERS, and VOCAL ADRENALINE)
(Love) Nothing you can know that isn't known
(Love) Nothing you can see that isn't shown
(Love) There's nowhere you can be that isn't where
You're meant to be
It's easy

Before I could spend any more time staring into Blaine's eyes longingly as he sang, Kurt and Rachel had run over and grabbed each of my hands, bringing me towards a seperate room ahead of us where Vocal Adrenaline had been dancing. It was truly something, and I couldn't believe it had all been for me. I turned around briefly, wondering where Blaine had been. I could still hear his voice singing, though he had disappeared somewhere. His voice becoming more distant.

BLAINE with NEW DIRECTIONS, THE WARBLERS, and VOCAL ADRENALINE
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need
All you need is love
All you need is love, love

Before I could even process the dancing I was been led into another room, a room that in particular led to the infamous spiral staircase of Dalton Academy. It had felt like years since I had been there, but here I was. I remembered everything then of that second time. His eyes, my disguise and the way his hand grabbed mine. And here we were. Full circle.

BLAINE (NEW DIRECTIONS, THE WARBLERS, and VOCAL ADRENALINE)
Love is all you need (Love is all you need)

Rose petals had started to fall from above, and I felt my eyes begin to water as he walked back in, singing directly to me, his focus never shifting. I was overwhelmed with love, and I knew Blaine was feeling the same way. I thought, damn, if this is the proposal, what's the wedding gonna be like?

All of the New directions were being him, singing along, though I couldn't even begin to notice them. All my attention was on Blaine, my one true love.

BLAINE (NEW DIRECTIONS, THE WARBLERS, and VOCAL ADRENALINE)
He loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah (Love is all you need)

There were cheers as the song finished, but I could barely even begin to move my hands. Then again, I was certain my expression was enough.

"We met for the second time, right here, though I figured this was a little more romantic than the line at the Lima Bean," Blaine declared, soft laughter following his comment, "but I took this woman's hand for the first time and we ran down the hallway, and for those of you that know me know I'm not in the habit of taking people's hands I barely knew, especially when they're clearly a girl dressed as a boy and in a blazer from another school," there was a soft chuckle to his voice which warmed my heart, "I think that my soul knew something that my body and my mind didn't know yet. It knew that our hands were meant to hold each other, fearlessly and forever." I smiled, knowing he was referencing the time I had sung him Fearless when we were just going out. I began to softly cry, barely keeping myself together.

"Which is why it's never really felt like I've been getting to know you; it's always felt like I was remembering you from something," he took a step up, and even though he was still several steps below me, we had been the same height. "As if in every lifetime that you and I have ever lived, we have chosen to come back and find each other and fall in love all over again, over and over, for all eternity." He was on the step just below mine, just an inch taller than me. "And I just feel so lucky that I found you so soon in this lifetime, because all I want to do, all-all I've ever wanted to do, is spend my life loving you." I took a breath as I felt more tears fall down my cheek. I felt intoxicated, lightheaded and paralysed by love.

"So," then he got down on one knee, still staring lovingly up at my eyes, "Poppy Hummel, my amazing friend, my one true love," then he opened the box, and the moment was here. At that time I didn't even look at the ring and notice how it was the exact one I had always dreamed of. I was too focused on him, the man holding the ring and how much my heart ached for him, "will you marry me?"

I took a moment, I had to. I wanted to remember everything, the way he had looked at me and the graceful way the light from the ceiling fell onto his face. The blissful silence of the room, and how it felt like to be surrounded by everybody you loved. The way my soft, damp tears felt as the emotion leaked out of me carefully.

Then I began to nod, "Yes, oh god yes," as I reached and pulled him up to me, crashing my lips onto his, almost knocking the two of us of the stairs. I felt him chuckle into our kiss as he centred our weight, one of his hands naturally resting on the curve of my bum as he held me close to him, the other on my neck, reluctant to move away from the kiss.

The room flooded with cheers, Blaine only breaking away to grab the ring and to place it on my finger without any hesitation, his arm still wrapped around me. We kissed again afterwards, though this quickly fell into a hug. I knew I made the right decision, as no wrong decision could have ever made me feel the way I did in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71 1 1
After recently breaking things off with his high school sweetheart and now ex fiancé Blaine Anderson, Kurt Hummel decides to fly back home to Lima, O...
49.8K 871 25
Ryley Berry's junior year at McKinley has begun and it's going to be a good one this year. With the New Directions finished, Ryley doesn't really kn...
74.7K 1.8K 76
Bi!Blaine x Fem O/C | Samantha Fabray returns from her Boarding School in France, for her sophomore year back in Ohio. When she joins the Glee Club...
16.1K 410 31
Bi!Blaine x Fem O/C | the warbler falls for the warbler - || "god, gabs. you really are clueless." ----- season 2 -> season 6 ----- started: 4/1/23...