The Enticing Proposal

Starrmazing

Mr. Billionaire makes a proposal of marriage to a beautiful baker woman. She is to be his wife in a loveless... Еще

The Enticing Proposal
Prologue: Chicken Bride
Chapter One - Eight Months Later
Chapter Two - Unexpected
Chapter Three - Lacking Respect
Chapter Four - Inconceivable Proposal
Chapter Five - Heavy Thoughts
Chapter Six - Agreement
Chapter Seven - Set In Motion
Chapter Eight - Contract
Chapter Nine - Trust
Chapter Ten - The Browns
Chapter Eleven - Media's Interest
Chapter Twelve - It's Happening
Chapter Thirteen - I Do
Chapter Fourteen - Next Step
Chapter Fifteen - Officially Home
Chapter Sixteen - Back In Action
Chapter Seventeen - Eyes Say Everything
Chapter Eighteen - The Ex-Fiancé
Chapter Nineteen - Crossing A Line
Chapter Twenty - Preparing For The Evening
Chapter Twenty-One - Trust & Plots
Chapter Twenty-Two - Passions
Chapter Twenty-Three - Happy
Chapter Twenty-Four - Crashing Quickly
Chapter Twenty-Five - The Cameras Don't Lie
Chapter Twenty-Six - It Hurts So Much
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Captured Heart
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Confessions & Explanations
Chapter Twenty-Nine - It's You and Me

Epilogue: One Year Later

7.1K 383 62
Starrmazing

—O N E Y E A R L A T E R—

"Hello, girls." Kira greeted happily, sliding inside the booth next to Sasha.

Today, she was called in to have lunch with Robyn, her obnoxious, lighthearted friend. She left out the detail that she'd invited Sasha, her sister-in-law, and Cassia, a former employee, and friend.

"About time we all had a sit down. I have a lot to get off my chest." Robyn whines playfully, waving her hands.

Kira chuckles. "Wait, let me guess. Is it Anthony?"

Robyn scoffs. "That man is unbelievable. I tried and he started getting cocky. Never have I ever met a man so full of himself."

The women around all laughed, causing Robyn to roll her eyes.

"He isn't that bad, Rob. It takes time to get used to him." Kira chuckled.

"Easy for you to say. Your practically his sister. Besides, it's enough knowing he's living in the same state as I." She smirks.

"Don't try to kill him." Cassia laughed.

Robyn shrugged. "As tempting as it is, I'll be on my best behavior when around him. But enough about me. I haven't seen my best friend in months. How are things going with you and Giovanni?"

A faint blush appeared on Kira's cheeks. A year strong and nothing but positivity sporting her marriage to Giovanni. Living with him in Phoenix was not as difficult as she thought it would be. She did worry about her mother's shop here and there but she knew it was being left in good hands while she was gone. She was still trying to find a way to manage it from afar.

"Perfect. Everything is perfect." Kira smiled dreamily. "I couldn't ask for anything better but..." Her voice trailed, gaining the attention of the girls she considered friends.

"But?" Cassie questioned, concerned.

Kira bit her lip, tapping the table nervously. "How do you tell the man you love with all your heart that things are going to change drastically in your marriage?"

They all frowned. Sasha touched Kira's shoulders, worried. "It depends on what it is. What's going on, Kira?"

"It's better if I just show you guys." Kira searched in her purse until she found what she was looking for.

It was a square piece of paper only to not be just paper. Sasha gasped when she saw the gray, black, and white image.

"No, way!" She screamed in excitement. So loud, she gained a few eyes.

"What?! What is it?" Robyn questioned at the same time as Cassia.

Once Kira turned the ultrasound photo around, they screamed happily. The nervous feeling Kira had, disappeared.

"Oh my God! You're pregnant?" Robyn said in disbelief but happy about the news.

"How many weeks?" Cassie questioned.

"Three weeks to be exact." Kira smiled.

Sasha squealed, side hugging Kira. "I can't believe I'm going to be an Auntie. Auntie Sasha. I love it."

"Auntie Rob sounds fantastic as well."

Cassie chuckled. "You guys are something."

"I'm glad you are all happy but I have yet to tell Giovanni." Kira sighed. "I just don't know how he'll react."

"My brother loves you, Kira. So much. I'm certain he will love the idea of becoming a father so soon. I'm so happy."

"We need to go big for the baby shower," Robyn announced, the women agreeing.

"Do you know the gender yet?"

Kira shook her head. "No. I want it to be a surprise though I will be happy with a boy or girl."

"I can't believe we're talking about this. I'm so happy!" Sasha smiled.

Kira laughed softly, glad that her friends were happy for her. All there was to do was tell Giovanni and the rest of the family about its a future family member.

She breathed, encouraging herself. She had the confidence to tell Giovanni tonight. He loved her just as much as she did him and showed it every day.

She could do this.

"Why can't I look again?" Kira smiled, her eyes hidden with a blindfold while Giovanni held her hand, guiding her somewhere.

"It's a surprise."

Kira chuckled. "Are we at least getting closer?"

Giovanni chuckled at her. "Yes, baby. Patience."

Moments passed by with steps and the sound of a door opening hit her ears along with the cold feeling of air conditioning. She could see the shadow of the lights turning on behind her blindfold. She felt him move to stand behind her and work on the covering over her eyes. Once removed, a loud burst made her jump.

"Surprise!"

Confetti and balloons were in the air. Kira glanced around and saw both hers and Giovanni's family and friends. She took note that they were standing in a completely new building. It was wider, more spacious. The longer Kira stared over the building, the more she came to realize that everything around looked exactly like the photos she found that day in Giovanni's office. The newer designs reminded her of her mother.

She gasped, turning back to stare at Giovanni who smiled down at her, searching her eyes.

"You...Is this my mother's bakery?"

"No, Kira. It's yours." Ben spoke up before Giovanni could respond, walking over to them.

Kira faced her father in shock. "Mine? But mom—"

"Would have wanted you to have it. This was her dream and now that you follow in her footsteps, on to better, everything is for you."

Tears pricked her eyes. "But, how...when..?"

"I made a few calls to get things sorted out," Giovanni said, waving to Ben. "Ben went with me and we discussed with some snobby people but eventually got what we wanted and more. This very building is yours, Kira. You own it."

"Are you serious? Tell me your serious." Tears slipped as everyone around her watched.

"I'm serious, baby. This is all yours."

A soft sob slipped past her lips as she jumped into her husband's arms, hugging him for dear life. She kissed him, adoring everything he has done for her
She couldn't as for anyone else. Once she pulled away, she hugs her father in appreciation.

She wiped her tears away, a smile on her face. This was the moment now. The moment to share her surprise.

"If I can have everyone's attention." She spoke while grabbing Giovanni's hand.

Everyone's eyes were on her. "I appreciate everything that has happened to me this past year and I couldn't ask for anything else. What my husband and father did for me today was something special and I know my mother is looking down on me, happy to see the woman that I've become." Kira looked to Giovanni, starting up at him with so much love.

"And I'm sure she'd be even happier to know that our family will be getting bigger."

Giovanni's brows furrowed together in confusion. Kira only smiled wider, motioning for a smiling Sasha. Sasha walked over with an envelope, handing it to Kira. Kira handed it to Giovanni for him to open.

"What is it?"

"You have to open it to find out." Kira's smile never fading.

She could feel everyone's eyes on them as Giovanni opened the envelope. He saw an image and a stick that read 'Clear Blue'. Once he pulled out the stick and his eyes met with the words 'positive', he couldn't help but look at her with wide eyes.

"You're pregnant?"

Kira nods. Giovanni was speechless for seconds but surprised her quickly when he brought her into his arms, kissing her with so much joy.

Gasps and awes echoed throughout the bakery, happy to share such a moment. Congratulations were passed around to them.

Giovanni pulled away, staring down at his wife. Soon to be the mother of his child.

"Your happy." Kira noticed. The nervousness she once felt was long gone.

"Of course I'm happy, Kira. How far are you?"

"Three weeks."

She could see his mind working back to the night that led up to her pregnancy. The moment he opened his mouth to speak on the subject, Kira's hand flew to cover it. A faint blush rising to her cheeks at just the thought of that night.

Giovanni chuckled, kissing her palm.

"I'm so excited for the both of you." Chelsea walked up to them, engulfing them in warm hugs. Ben standing right behind her.

"Can't believe I'm going to be a grandfather." Ben smiled, hugging his only daughter tight. "I'm so happy."

"I'm glad you are, dad."

Ben shook Giovanni's hand, going into deep conversation with him. Giovanni's parents greeted Kira with warm hugs and excitement with the future baby on the way.

"Do you know the gender?" Elaine, Kira's mother-in-law asked.

"No, I'm only three weeks. Besides, I want to be surprised."

Elaine reached for her stomach. "May I?"

Kira nods.

Elaine's hands rest on Kira's firm stomach, feeling around. Kira watched silently as Elaine smiled.

"This one is going to be a strong and healthy Brown."

Kira opened her mouth to question but Elaine stopped her with another embrace. Followed by Daniel, congratulating the baby and his excitement of being a grandfather.

The celebration continued, everything being light and filled with joy. The family was the main key to it all and Kira couldn't ask for anything better.

The car came to a stop outside the familiar spot. Kira inhaled sharply, her heart thumping wild. It's been a while since she last visited her mother but she was here now with great news and joy.

Giovanni looked her way from the driver's side. His eyes held patience and were not going to make any move unless she was ready. "You ready?"

Kira nods, grabbing hold of the rose in her lap before getting out. Giovanni rounded the car, linking arms with her while they walked in the grass.

Once she saw her mother's headstone, tears pricked her eyes. "Hey, mom."

Kira bent down, touching the headstone. "I know it's been a while but things have been changing constantly for me. I met someone and I know you would love him. He's a great man and I love him so much. He helped me save the bakery and I promise you that I will continue to care for it. To make it thrive for the better. I wish you were here with me. To meet the amazing man I now call my husband and the baby we're going to have." Tears fell over and Kira felt Giovanni bend down next to her, rubbing her back. "I miss you so much and I promise to visit you more. I promise. I love you." She placed the rose down in the center before standing up.

Giovanni held her while they stood there a bit longer. The soft breeze wrapped around them. Kira held on to Giovanni tighter and as he vowed to her, he'd always be by her side to comfort her.

"What do you want to have? Boy or Girl?" Kira questioned, sitting beside her husband on the couch in their temporary home in Las Vegas, resting her head on his chest.

Giovanni's fingers played in her loose curly hair, shrugging. "I will be happy with either. Strong and healthy. What about you?"

"I want it to be a surprise. Maybe we could have a baby reveal."

"Whatever you want is fine with me."

Kira looked up at him, happily. "I love you."

Giovanni smiled, leaning down and kissing her. "And I love you."

The love they share was a rarity to most but will always grow stronger with time. This was just the beginning of more happiness to come.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

A Cookie for the Big Boy Pearl Mae

Любовные романы

2.6M 91.2K 44
#DarmetirSeries BOOK I (Can be read separately) *** "Do that again." He growls. I close my eyes, tears are starting to form in my eyes. "Cry. Show me...
Innocent Heart Maahi Singh

Любовные романы

132K 4.6K 48
"Stop it, just stop it, " he growled furiously at me, studying in disappointment "How many lies you are going to feed me now, after all, you have his...
His Mail Order Bride Simply Anjay

Любовные романы

260K 11.9K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...
1.2M 7.2K 9
#𝟒 ▪ 𝐆𝐮𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬. ❝I hate you,❞ I hissed, pushing him away to create some desperately needed distance between us. He smirked and my...