A Place With No Name (revampe...

By conceited_nae

"How do you expect me to live a life that's not worth living?" (Early Dangerous era-HIStory era) Rewritten:... More

Cast/Disclaimer
Cast -- 2
Prelude
.1
.2
.3
.4
.5
.6
.7
.8
.9
.10
.11
.12
.13
.14
.15
.16
.17
.18
.19
.20
.21
.22
.23
.24
.25
.26
.27
.28
.29
.30
.31
.32
.33
.34
.35
.36
.37
.38
.39
.41
.42
.43
.44
.45
.46
.47
.48
.49
.50
.51
.52
.53
.54
.55
.56
.57
.58
.59
.60
.61
.62
.63
.64
.65
.66
.67
.68
- Honesty Hour(Before We Continue With The Story) 1.
.69
.70
.71
.72
.73
.74
.75
.76
MJBFA's ❀❀❀
.77
.78
.79
.80
.81
.82
A.N; A lil constructive criticism for my soul ❀.
.83
.84
.85
.86
.87
.88
.89
.90
.
.91
.92
.93
.94
.95
.96
.97
.98
.99
.100
.101
.102
.103
.104
.105
.106
.107
.108
.109
.110
She's alive (& well I think πŸ˜‰)
.111
.112
.113
.114
.115
new year , new me πŸ’‹ (please read & be informed 🀨)
.116
.117
.118
Publicly Service Announcement (last one before the books ends, I promise)
.119
.120
.121
.122
.123
.124
.125
Entertainment Weekly
.126
.127
.128
.129
.130
.131
.132
.133
.134
.135
Ana's Diary
.136
.137
.138
.139
.140
.141

.40

800 47 23
By conceited_nae

- no quote inserted

--

Chicago, Illinois

Michael Jackson -- April 11th, 1992
Location: 17 E Monroe St; The Palmer House, a Hilton Hotel

Chicago was really a beautiful place. I wouldn't mind visiting again.

We've arrived in Chicago two days ago during the nighttime. I rented out the whole presidential suite's floor, along with the floor below that for my team, and for Heavy D — who was featured on the song — and Kriss Kross — a rap duo who would be making an appearance in the video.

Jam was next on my song's selection list of upcoming short films/music videos. We would be shooting the footage in an abandoned warehouse. Michael Jordan was the star of the film. He would be teaching me how to play basketball, and in return, I would be teaching him some of my signature dance moves.

I could picture this film so clearly, and I loved what we came up with.

As a bonus, Michael would be surprising me with something that he said that I would love. I had no idea what it was, but I'm sure he won't disappoint.

This was going to be a great film, I'm sure of it.

Karen and I sat on the sofa of the suite, channel surfing and looking on the menu to see what we wanted to eat. I was stuck between eating a delicious taco, or just having some ice water. I was never really the man with a huge appetite. Even a small sip of orange juice could make me full. Not only that, but I had to keep my figure. But that wasn't really a problem — dancing would whip me back in shape everytime.

I sighed softly, ultimately choosing not to eat this time. "What are you going to eat, Karen?"

"There's nothing to watch," she sighed. "just the same old thing. Um, what do they have?"

"Uhhh." I looked down the list of various foods again. "They have a lot, I'll tell you that."

Karen laughed and stood up, walking towards me, and sat on the arm of the sofa. "Do they have cheeseburgers and milkshakes."

"Mhm."

"What kinds?"

"Vanilla, chocolate..." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Banana? Who ever thought of that?"

"Just order me a cheeseburger, no onions or lettuce, and a vanilla milkshake with sprinkles." Karen laughed at my facial expression. "Are you going to eat anything?"

I shook my head softly. "No."

"You're not hungry?" She frowned when I shook my head again. "Oh no, Michael —"

"I don't want to talk about this, Karen." I interrupted, turning away.

"But you —"

"Karen, please," my tone was firm. With a sigh, she nodded and looked down.

"Okay."

The atmosphere filled with a not so foreign kind of tension between us.

On more than one occasion, there have been times where I just wasn't hungry. No matter how much I longed for a good meal, my stomach would let me eat. So I never forced, I'd just continue the day. Often times at work, I'd never eat what was available, and that made Karen concerned. We'd have a small disagreement about why I never eat. This time it was no different.

There was nothing with me, I just wasn't hungry. Will I be tomorrow? Maybe. We'd just have to see.

I quietly ordered the food under her name and we watched whatever was on the television in a complete silence. I wasn't angry at all, just a little agitated. I understood her concerns about my health, but I was fine.

I promise I was fine.

When the food arrived, I tipped the bellhop. For once, there was someone who was very professional and treated me like an actual human being, not Michael Jackson the pop star.

"Thank you, sir. Enjoy your meal." He smiled gratefully, grabbing his cart.

"No, thank you. Very, very much."

After he left, I closed the door gently and headed to the bedroom. Karen silently ate her food, stealing glances every now and then. From the door, I had a view of the kitchen table area.

I laid on the plus duvet covers, looking at the ceiling. Only the sounds of nearby traffic, gentle whispers from outside of the suite, and Karen's not to soft chewing, could be heard.

Before I knew it, my eyelids started to flutter, as a peaceful sleep was creeping upon me. Usually I'd fight it, but I let it take over me.

I was out like a light in the next millisecond.

I was awake a few hours later due to the sounds of the phone ringing. My eyes snapped open, and my hand clamped down on the phone, picking it up and putting it to my ear.

"H — Hello?" My voice was drowsy and full of sleep.

"Michael!"

"Oh, God." I sighed, slowly sitting up and sitting against the headboard. Karen was gone, most likely in her suite. "Kidada, what do you want? It's nighttime, and I was finally getting some sleep."

I winced as she talked loudly on the phone. She had the nerve to be so loud at this time? "I'm so sorry! I just had to call you because Rashida and I managed to kidnap someone!"

Now that me fully awake and alert. "You kidnapped someone? Do you know what that'll do to Quincy's image!?"

"Not that kind of kidnap, silly!" Kidada laughed loudly. And I heard Rashida's little giggle too. But there was someone else laughing, that I could recognize. "Listen." Then, I could hear the phone being passed off. The most beautiful and angelic voice filled my ears, making a full smile adorn my face. "Michael!"

"Ana." I sighed in relief. "I miss you."

"I miss you too. How's Chicago treating you?"

"I really don't know. I haven't been out to see," I giggled slightly. She started to laugh again as well, making me beam in excitement.

I was going to call Ana until another few days or so, because I wanted her to have a chance to talk to Michael Jordan on the phone. But this was okay, too. I'd just have to call her back.

"Oh, you have to go out! Have some fun!"

"We were supposed to go out today, but I fell asleep," I replied. "I have a surprise for you."

"For me? What is it?" She asked. "My friend says hi."

I giggled. "Hello. And I can't tell you. You'll see when the time comes."

"Okay."

"Can I talk to you again soon?"

"Always, Michael."

My cheeks burned. "O — Okay."

"Kidada told me you were sleeping, so I'll let you get back to it." I knew she was smiling as she talked. "Sweet dreams."

"Good night, Ana. Try not to fall for Kidada's tricks," I started to laugh a little. "She's a bad girl."

"I won't, I promise."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Before she hung up, I could hear her friend say, "Was that really Michael Jackson!?" And it made me laugh.

I went back to sleep, feeling slightly better about everything.

———

Santa Monica, California

Annalisa Green -- April 9th, 1992
Location: Santa Monica Beach

There was always a time for everything, a plan for something. You have to plan in order for things to be done right and in a timely fashion. Because you can't afford to fuck things up.

Me, I felt that it was time to tell Semaij about Michael. Semaij first, because she would take the news slightly better than Aunt Jolene. The moment his name would slip out of my mouth, Aunt Jolene would pass out.

Semaij is my very best friend. She should have known as soon as it happened. But I had to process and take it in myself.

I still couldn't believe that I met him. Not only that, but I like him, and he likes me. He kisses me. And that he's become one of my best friends. In Aunt Jolene's point of view, that is every woman's dream.

And I would be considered lucky to have experience what it's like to know him.

I met Semaij at another one of our favorite beaches in the Los Angeles area. Santa Monica. Most times we'd never go there because it was always crowded. Venice Beach was as close to peace as we were going to get.

We both sat on the trunk of my car, looking out into the sky in somewhat of a silence. I was trying to coach myself on how to tell her. I just wanted to spit it out, but my words were getting stuck in my throat.

And she started to grow tired of the silence, so she spoke. "Ana, the suspense is killing me." I started to laugh. "I'll never get tired of seeing you smile, Ana. I feel like a proud mother."

"Oh, shut up." She giggled.

"Tell me!" She urged.

"Okay, okay!" I held my hands out. Taking a deep breath, I said it quickly. "ImetMichaelJackson."

"....... Hold on, back it up, pickup truck," Semaij frowned, turning towards me. "Did you just say, that you met Michael Jackson?"

I nodded, feeling nervous. Wow, a new emotion. "And you didn't freaking tell me!? Wow, Ana!"

"I'm sorry! I wanted to, but I didn't know how you were going to take it!" I moved away when she started to slap my arm.

"I was going to be happy! You met a celebrity!" She beamed. "Now did you get his autograph?"

"Um," I started, looking away again. "I have.... his number," I mumbled.

For a second, I thought she didn't hear me, until she screamed and hit my shoulder again. "Okay, ow."

"You fucking have his number! How!?" Semaij grabbed my shoulders, beginning to shake me. Still an excited smile was on her face. "You better have been using it!"

"I have! Now stop yelling!" I grabbed her arms. "People are looking," I whispered.

We both looked around, seeing people nearby glancing at us. Semaij blew out a soft breath.

"Okay, sorry. But you have to tell me every - fucking - thing, today." Her smile came back.

Still feeling those eyes on me, I nodded and hopped down from the car. "I will, as we ride. I'm starting to get jittery from all of these people looking at me, and I don't want to have a panic attack." I held up my keys, walking around to the driver's side.

Semaij quickly followed suit. "Okay, yeah, let's go."

We quickly got inside of my car and drove off. I was feeling slightly better about things now.

Semaij knew about Michael, now I could breathe a little better.

Next, was figuring out how to tell Aunt Jolene and Uncle Harry.

Oh, Aunt Jolene is gonna beat my ass for not telling her.

Pray for me.

———

Day 41!!!!

I'm using my data to update & it fucking sucks.😭 I hate using my data.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 😊

See you later. 💞

- nae 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 2.3K 64
{ Highest Ranking tags: #2 mjfam #2 TheKingOfPop, #3 alcapone} β€’ Won Best Alternative Universe FanFic in the 2020 MJFA'S BOOK ONE: He pounds his fi...
6.1K 333 8
|| 2022 MJFAs FINALIST ; BEST SHORT STORY || 𝑨 𝑴𝑰π‘ͺ𝑯𝑨𝑬𝑳 𝑱𝑨π‘ͺ𝑲𝑺𝑢𝑡 𝑹𝑢𝑴𝑨𝑡π‘ͺ𝑬 𝑺𝑯𝑢𝑹𝑻 𝑺𝑻𝑢𝑹𝒀 π’•π’‰π’“π’Šπ’π’π’†π’“ 𝒆𝒓𝒂 **MATURE C...
10.1K 386 20
"It's me. I'm broken." // For Michael Jackson, life hasn't been all that it seemed-although, it was pictured that way. An upcoming album, a beautiful...
14.3K 466 24
Kayla has already been through enough turmoil in her life. She has a beautiful home, a job and she's married but that's just it..Nobody knew what hap...