Be Mine? || Harry Styles

By faithhood11

All Grace wanted to do was have a great senior year with her friends, Sammy and Liam. All Harry wanted to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 26

4K 112 4
By faithhood11

Chapter 26

Grace’s POV

I think I actually convinced him that I didn’t want anything to do with him even though that couldn’t be any further from the truth. I wanted him. I would easily give it up for him right now. I would let him do whatever he wanted to me if I could just feel him. I always loved tugging at his hair, getting a moan out of him. I’d do anything to be able to hear that right now.

What the hell? I’m losing my mind. I actually jumped about two feet in the air when my phone rang, the personalized ringtone letting me know that it was Austin. When I picked up the phone though, I heard Zander’s voice. Austin had given in this morning and let Zander go to work with him.

“Give me that phone.” I heard as there was a shuffling sound on the other end.

“Grace? You there?” Austin asked.

“Yeah I’m here. Do you need help at the restaurant?”

“No! No! You stay home and relax. I just wanted to let you know that tonight mom and dad want you to meet us here to have a dinner tonight…to congratulate you.”

“Um…we already went out to dinner.”

“I know but they…um want this to be like a small family thing so don’t invite Li…anyone.”

I pulled the phone away from my ear and just looked at it. Since when is Austin at a loss for words? I heard Zander talking to someone in the background but I couldn’t hear what he was saying. I got confused when Austin muttered a ‘shhh’.

“Um…I have to go Grace. Just stay at home and don’t come until six thirty. Okay? Love you.” He rushed, hanging up before I even got a chance to respond.

All I could think was ‘what the heck is going on?’

I was dressed and ready to go by six so to pass some time, I decided to call my mom and see if I could get anything out of her. Somebody had to tell me what was going on or I knew I was going to explode.

“Grace? You’re not coming yet are you?”

“No. Austin told me not to get there until six thirty so I’m waiting. Mom, what is going on?”

“Uh just a small family thing to celebrate you getting into NYU.”

“We already went out mom.”

“Oh I know honey but this is a planned event so it’s more…official and Tuff is cooking your favorite to eat. Anyway, you can go ahead and come.”

“You guys are acting really weird.”

“No we’re not. I have to go sweetie. See you in a minute.”

I shook my head and looked at my phone. I didn’t want to have another dinner. What if I just called him? Just once? What if I just tell him how I feel? It’ll make me feel better to just call him. I stood in my room slowly realizing how bad of an idea that was.

“God, do I love him.” I said to myself before getting my keys and purse.

………..

I didn’t understand this whole dinner thing. The restaurant doesn’t even close until eight thirty. Something is just not adding up. When I finally pulled into the lot, there were several cars parked. Is that gramps’ car? I wasn’t sure how many cars were around back so I parked in the front and threw my purse over my shoulder. I don’t know why but I’d chosen to dress up, settling on light yellow skinny jeans, black heals and a floral top that was ‘flowy’ but hugged my curves. I didn’t feel like wearing my oversized comfy sweatshirt anymore. It had gotten me through a lot these past few weeks but maybe it was time to throw in the towel and start dressing like a normal person again. He’s just a guy.

And your soul mate.

I shook my head, ridding myself of these thoughts as I opened the door to the restaurant but I shut it back when I noticed a note on the door.

Early closing? Special event?

After going in through the door, I stumbled back in the dark almost falling over. Why is it dark in here? I don’t understand.

“Surprise!”

I gasped, shocked as I saw everyone in my family, Sammy, and…

There he stood, his curls trimmed and his face lit up as soon as he saw me. I couldn’t believe he was here. I thought things would really be over between us after seeing him at the bookstore. Wait, why is he here? Did my parents invite him? I admired how nice he looked. He was wearing his dark purple button up shirt that I always told him I loved. It reminded me of one time when we made out in that stupid janitors closet. That was fun. His black jeans were tight and his Converse adorned his feet. God, what he was doing to me with those eyes. I lost sight of him as many people began to hug me. When I finally got a minute, I looked around the room and saw all of the decorations. There were balloons everywhere and a huge banner with ‘Congratulations Grace!’ on it.

As Sammy pulled me in the direction of Calum, I turned around to look at Harry. When I first walked in he had looked as if he was waiting on me to run into his arms but now, he looked down and his feet and away from my eyes. Maybe I did want to be in his arms. Oh god, of course I did.

“Grace I am so proud of you!” Sammy praised.

I smiled as my mother came up to me and hugged me.

“This was all Harry. He put all of this together Grace. I think he’s suffered enough. At least go thank him.” my mom whispered in my ear.

“He did all of this?”

She nodded and I looked over to find Harry in the exact same spot. What should I do and why am I so dang nervous?

“Go baby. You’ll regret it if you don’t.”

My mom was surprising me and I didn’t expect her to encourage me to make up with Harry. She had seen me crying at night, sometimes coming into my room and stroking my hair until sleep took over. Now she was asking me to see him again? I nodded anyway and slowly walked over to Harry. My heart was beating so fast and I swallowed the lump in my throat as I approached him.

“Hey.” I said.

“Grace I just want to say that it wasn’t fair of me to be so rude earlier. I was just upset and I didn’t even tell you how proud I am of you. NYU. You did it Grace and I am so happy for you.”

“You are?”

“Of course I am bab…Grace.”

Did he just almost call me baby? All of the sudden, I was overwhelmed with my emotions and I just wanted to throw my arms around him and press my lips to his. I wanted to cry and scream all at the same time.

“Why Harry? Why did you have to do it again? Why did you have to break up with…”

I trailed off as I looked at Harry’s face. He looked so terrified and scared. He looked like he was hurting so badly.

“I’m sorry. I just…when that g-gun was pointed to your head, I…I’m scared Grace. I’m so scared. If I lose you, I have nothing and I don’t know why but I have this need to protect you and I feel like if you’re with me…”

Before he finished, I started crying. He pulled me to the back of the room.

“No, no, no. Don’t cry baby.” He said, placing both large hands on either side of my face, his thumbs wiping away my tears.

This comforting gesture made me cry more for some reason.

“Grace…baby. Please don’t.”

I couldn’t stop once I started. I rested my head on his shoulder and let it all out as he snaked his arms around my waist.

“I love you.” I told him while cursing myself silently for being such an idiot.

I wasn’t even making him work for it but I didn’t care.

“Oh baby, I love you too. I love you so much.”

After a few moments, I pulled away from him, looking into those green eyes full of fear and regret.

“How can I just keep letting you in? I don’t know if I can keep doing this. How can I trust you?”

“I’ll do anything, anything you want Grace. I’ll move to New York with you. I’ll drop everything and go with you. We’ll get an apartment together and I’ll be with you all the time. We’ll order takeout and watch all of your favorite movies. I’ll remind you every day how much I love you. It will be perfect.”

“Harry, please don’t hurt me again. Please don’t.” I begged, my breath fanning his neck as I spoke.

Harry’s POV

Her mouth was blowing warm air on my neck, causing chill bumps to form on my skin. As she cried into my neck, I shed a couple of tears. I hadn’t cried since I was a little kid but I couldn’t help it. She was giving me everything I wanted even though she should’ve been yelling at me. I meant what I said about New York. These past few weeks have been absolute hell and I will gladly follow her wherever she wants to go as long as it means she’s mine again. Dammit I’ll follow her to China if she wants.

“Harry, please don’t hurt me again, Please don’t.” she said into the crook of my neck.

Oh baby if only you knew what I’d do for you.

“I won’t baby. I know I already said that but I mean it now. I didn’t know if I could even live a minute longer without you. This is the only thing I could think of to win you back and I’m also just so proud of you.”

“Harry, I hate you.”

I frowned and before I could respond, I felt her lips press a gentle kiss to my neck and then another. I closed my eyes, quickly pulling her through the kitchen and into the back office. I locked the door, needing to feel her lips. It had been too long, way, way too long. My hands lifted her up to the desk and I stood in between her legs as we kissed. I grabbed her arms, pulling them around my neck. She pulled away from my lips only to suck at the skin beneath my ear. I moaned her name as her hands slid under my shirt. I desperately wanted more but I knew that people would start to wonder where we were. When I mentioned this to Grace, she giggled before biting my bottom lip and forcefully sticking her tongue into my mouth. That was it, and I cupped her breast in my hand while deepening our kiss. She was breathless after about five minutes of making out and she hugged me while running her fingers through my curls. Damn, I loved it when she did that.

“Your hair looks sexy like this. It makes me want to…”

She trailed off and even though I couldn’t see her, I somehow knew she was blushing. As cute as that was, I really wanted her to finish that sentence.

“Makes you want to what?”

“Um…I think you know what.” She said sounding so fucking innocent.

“Hmm. Let me guess. Blow me? Or fuck me?”

“Harry!” she scolded slapping my shoulder hard.

“Ow.” I whined, dramatically holding my arm.

“Oh don’t be a baby.”

“You’re my baby.” I told her, kissing her forehead before we both returned to the party.

Grace got a butt load of gifts and I was so ready to give her my gift although I wasn’t sure if the gift was more for her or me. I wasn’t sure how she would feel about it but I didn’t have any expectations. I’d do whatever she wanted. I just couldn’t wait to get her alone. It had been far too long since we’d been together. Even If we just talked, that was okay. What the hell was I thinking when I pushed her away? There’s no safer place for her to be than with me dammit.

“Harry, you alright?”

“Oh yeah.” I answered, quickly snapping my head around to look at my beautiful girlfriend.

I’m absolutely great. I can’t stop thinking about being with you, claiming you as mine.

“I was just…thinking. I have something I want to talk to you about a little later.”

“Okay Harold. Just lemme eat some cake first.”

I smiled at how cute she could be, how cute she always was.

“You really should put some meat on those bones. You’ve lost weight.” I pointed out disapprovingly.

My jaw clenched when she didn’t respond and I felt anger for some reason.

“When I was kissing you, I felt your ribs poking out of your back and…I didn’t like that Grace.” I admitted in a low voice.

“I just…I haven’t been eating like I should since…”

“I know. I’m sorry.” I apologized hoping that tonight would make up for it.

After cake, I was ready to drag Grace out of the damn restaurant. I needed her and I wanted to tell her but a part of me believed that she would think this plan I’d concocted was crazy.

“Grace, are you ready?”

“Yes. Just let me say goodbye to my grandparents. Is there some reason why you’re in such a big rush?”

“Um…I’ll be waiting outside.”

I exchanged goodbyes with a few of Grace’s family members before waiting outside with Sammy.

“What’s gotten you so jittery?” my girlfriend’s best friend asked me.

I looked over to her knowing all along that she wasn’t so bad. We had always been cordial with one another because of Grace but I always felt like she didn’t approve of me or something. It’s not like we were friends. Grace had told me things about Sammy but I barely knew the girl.

“Well you might hate me even more if I tell you.”

“I’m pretty sure that’s not possible. I strongly, strongly dislike you.”

I nodded. I knew it, not that I care.

“You broke my best friend’s heart but…you make her happy so I guess you’re not so awful. Now go ahead and spill.”

This is so awkward to discuss with her best friend.

“I ugh…got us a hotel room.”

Sammy choked on nothing but air.

“What?”

“Yeah. Don’t worry, I actually asked her parents if she could stay at my place. They said yes but…of course they don’t know about the hotel.”

“Oh.” She said shaking her head in disbelief.

“Sam, you do know I would never ever pressure her…”

“Dude, I know. Fuck you’re weird.” She groaned, putting her hand up to silence me.

I actually laughed at her foul language. She was so unlike Grace. Grace thought ‘butt’ was a bad word.

“Do you think she’ll go with me?”

“She hasn’t seen you in a month and she’s so disgustingly in love with you. I’d bet money that she’s going to say yes. I don’t really understand her attraction to you but…hey, I’m not judging!”

I smiled, shaking my head. She was actually more like me than Grace was. Maybe that’s why I found her irritatingly annoying at times. But tonight, I was seeing a different side to Sammy.

“I’m just saying though, if you guys end up getting married and having children, they’re calling me Auntie Sam.”

“I see.” I muttered before Calum exited the restaurant with Grace.

Calum immediately wrapped an arm around Sammy and pulled her in close, whispering something into her ear that caused her cheeks to heat.

“Well we’re going to get going. Styles, you have to come hang soon and Grace, congratulations again!” he said, shaking my hand before annoyingly kissing Grace’s cheek.

I scowled at him and he let out a loud chuckle, mouthing ‘fucking chill’. I was relieved once they were gone. Please say yes. Please say yes.

“Okay, what is up with you? You are acting so weird.”

“No I’m not.” I argued.

“Um yes you are. Can you just stop being stubborn long enough to tell me?”

“Fine. I…I got us a hotel room, a suite actually.” I blurted out.

Grace stilled and her mouth fell open. I smirked as she began looking around the parking lot at the descending cars. I could practically see her wheels turning up in that pretty little head.

“You what? I don’t think I heard you right.”

“You did Grace.”

“Harry, my parents are here. I would get into so much trouble. You have no idea. They would probably disown me Harry!” she said completely serious, causing me to laugh.

“I asked them.”

“You asked them if you could take me to a hotel suite?”

“Well…no but I did ask them if you could stay at my place.”

“And they said yes?” she asked surprised.

“Yeah. I have my ways with the parentals Grace. So what’s going to happen is, I’m going to drive you to your house so that you can pick up all of your shit and then we’ll go.”

“What hotel?”

“The Hilton about twenty minutes from here.”

She let out a breath, the corners of her mouth turning up into a smile.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 39.2K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
75.4K 1.3K 15
𝑀𝑎𝑙𝑒/𝐹𝑒𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑒 𝑀𝑖𝑘𝑎𝑠𝑎 𝑥 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑆𝐻𝑂𝑇𝑆 A collection of Oneshots about Mikasa Ackerman! I'll do both female Mikasa and...
4.7K 173 13
shota aizawa and hizashi, adopt two boys and later in life adopt a little girl. will this family survive all the challenges that is thrown at them? w...