Just Like Summer ( Jeon Jungk...

By taestuIip

The fateful summer of 2019 has brought two strangers to meet at the beach of the land of the rising sun. Jun... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64 - FINALE
EPILOGUE - Part 1
EPILOGUE - Part 2
EPILOGUE- FINALE
NOTICE : NEW BOOK

Chapter 37

1.3K 85 59
By taestuIip

Namjoon and Yoongi came over to Sara's house the next day, needing help from Hoseok regarding their current semester's project. They have been there since late evening, headed straight to her house after their last class of the day. Hoseok ordered some pizzas for dinner since none of them have the time to actually dine outside, worried they will not be able to finish their work before the deadline.

"Where is Yuna?", Hoseok bites into his second piece of pizza. "So weird she is not here"

"She is out with Jungkook. And Sunhee, her housemate", Namjoon replies casually, sipping his cold coke. "Was it Sunhee? The one with the long hair?"

"Yes, long hair, Sunhee", Yoongi nods.

"So, the short hair is your crush then", Namjoon added. "Geez, ask her out already"

"Yoongi likes Yuna's housemate?", Hoseok gasped as he turns to Yoongi. "Wait, why am I surprised..."

"Sunhee is the producer...right? She works at a radio station now, right?", Namjoon turns to Sara, his eyes looking into hers. "Right?"

Sara did not even hear Namjoon's question. In fact, her brain stopped processing  the moment she heard Sunhee's and Jungkook's name in the same sentence. Her mind has been recalling all instances of Sunhee and Jungkook, feeling odd about their relationship.

So if Jungkook is going out with Sunhee...who is baby?  Are they the same person?

Why is she even thinking about it ?

"Sara..."?

She feels a hand on her shoulder, startling her slightly as she turns to the person standing beside her.

"W-What?"

"You're spacing out", Yoongi laughs lowly, joining her at the table. "What's up?"

"Nothing", Sara shakes her head, gulping slowly trying to appear calm.

"Don't lie to me", Yoongi says again, his eyes looking at Namjoon and Hoseok sitting at the living room. "You're been very quiet these days"

"I am just...tired", she bites into her pizza. "It's my project submission week"

"You and your endless submission. Does political science students do nothing else except writing essays?", he squints his eyes at her. "All you do is write and write, I feel like your fingers are about to break sometimes"

"Well, what else can I do", she rolls his eyes at him, sighing as she chews her pizza lazily. "Both of you are busy too. We barely hang out these past few weeks"

"But you know I am here for you, right?", Yoongi meant what he said, giving hints that he is all ears. "Talk to me if things get hard, okay?"

-

"Wait, what?", Yuna almost choked on her ice coffee, coughing when she could not even swallow the drink in her mouth. "She was at your department?"

"Yes", Sunhee nods, handing a few tissues to her friend. "She saw me with Jungkook. And I am so glad her lecturer called her, if not she would have bumped into that ass"

"Sunhee, wait, hold on", Yuna pats her mouth dry quickly. "You knew about Yeonjun all along and you said nothing...?"

"Hey, I was being a good person and not meddling into her personal space", Sunhee pouts. "I got to know through Soobin, he was in my class remember? And he was also Yeonjun's classmate. We are working together in KBS now. That's how I got to know. I was just digging about it because I got curious about Yeonjun's sudden disappearance"

"But you said nothing to me...", Yuna sighs, massaging the side of her head. "So you knew his side of the story?"

"I do", Sunhee nods. "But I just don't want to meddle with this mess, you know?"

"But...?", Yuna nods, gesturing her to continue.

"Remember when I told you I saw Sara and Jungkook at the kitchen?", Sunhee curves a knowing smile as she recalls. "The obvious tension between them was way too heavy for me not to realize, despite me struggling to open my eyes. I could feel electricity in the air, sparking between one another"

"Damn, you're sharp as hell"

"So, it's true then", Sunhee raised both eyebrows. "They like each other?"

Yuna sighs as she nods. "They do. And it's...complicated"

"I may not know Sara that much but then...whatever feelings she has for Jungkook, it's more than just a mere attraction. The look in her eyes, that's something"

"Good lord Sunhee, why are you still single?", Yuna shakes her head in disbelief.

"That's because that slow ass Hoseok wouldn't bat an eye at me"

-

Sophie sighs as she checks the time, realizing it's almost 8 p.m. She would have been meeting Seokjin already if she did not get a call for an immediate flight few hours ago. It was too sudden thus she had to do a rain check on Seokjin. She feels guilty, too guilty that she couldn't meet him. That gentleman was so thoughtful to invite her to dinner, wanting to repay her genuine act of kindness.

But work just had to come in the way.

And here she is, waiting to board the flight she is assigned to. Decked in her freshly pressed uniform, hair neatly tucked into a bun and a full-face make up on. She is always the one so enthusiast whenever she has a flight but this time, she feels somehow reluctant. Maybe, she really was looking forward to her dinner with that handsome gentleman.

Erina :

Boarded?????

Sophie :

Waitingggg 😫

Erina :

Cant believe you chose work over that handsome man 🤨

Sophie :

DO I HAVE A CHOICE ANYWAY ITS WORK??? 😤😤😤😤

Erina :

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sophie :

I feel guilty🙂

Erina :

Why???

Sophie :

Because there is no flight to Seoul for the next 3 weeks. I need to make it up to him,

Erina :

Your schedule is changing again? 🤨

Sophie :

There is a switch. So I am heading to Narita for the next 4 weeks. Back and forth. I WANT TO STAY IN SEOUL LONGER

Erina :

Oh come on. I doubt it's because you miss the food here. Whats up girllll? This guy already catching your eyes???

Sophie :

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
I'll video call you once I've landed. Bye!

-

"Sunhee told me you saw Yeonjun again that day?"

Jungkook looks up from his thighs, heaving out a cold sigh as he takes another sip of his banana milk. He is glad Yuna has always been there for him whenever he feels so insecure about his feelings. She has been reminding him to take it slow and stop overthinking about everything.

Overthinking. Something he rarely does. But now, it feels it's a part of himself now.

He wants to clear his mind. He wants answers. He wants to know why Sara is avoiding him. If Yuna is right about Sara having feelings for him, then why is distancing herself from him? Shouldn't she come closer to him? Shouldn't she let him in?

He is afraid too. Suddenly too afraid and conscious of everything. Back then, whenever he had a slight misunderstanding with his friends, he would be the one to approach them and talk it out. In his previous relationship, he was not this afraid to straightens things up. He was never this afraid.

As if, he is too scared he might lose her if he does a slight mistake.

He does not want to lose Sara. He just could not think of her slipping away out of his sight. He wants her close to him.

"You know...", Yuna placed her phone on the table as she leans forward. "The instances of Sara finding you and Sunhee together...it's spicing things up"

Jungkook tilts his head to the side as he raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean....?"

"Well, the plan was to include you in our circle more often...but turns out Sunhee is suddenly in the picture and....", she grins sheepishly, eyes mischievous. "Sunhee is a plus point here"

"I am confused", truly, he is. "What are you saying?"

"We have your Baby, we have Sunhee", nodding as she drums her fingers on her legs. "Quite a dramatic love story, if you ask me"

"Yuna...?", he sighs slowly, still puzzled.

"Nevermind", she waves her hand. "Did Sunhee say anything about Yeonjun?"

Jungkook gulps as he rests on the chair, one hand clenched into a fist resting on the armrest. "She did. not much. But she told me the something"

"What thing?"

"She apologized at first, saying she has no rights to tell me anything. She respects Sara's privacy but...she made a point saying Yeonjun hurt her so bad in the past", he struggled to say the last sentence, the familiar feeling of irritation creeping on his skin. "Yeonjun...that guy—"

"He destroyed her", Yuna finished the sentence willingly, a look of disgust on her face. "2 years ago"

Jungkook had to breathe in and out slowly yet painfully. The thought of Yeonjun and whatever he had done to Sara triggered some type of resentment in him. He feels enraged just by thinking about all the possibilities. And he does not know is he is ready to find out what happened between them.

"Jungkook", Yuna sighs, observing him. "There is a reason why Sara is like this"

Yuna pauses, trying to find her voice again as the remembrance of two years ago begins to take a toll on her. As Sara's closest friend, the person she allowed to step into her personal space, Yuna could not even bear to recall the incident. The images of Sara's swollen empty pale face, sitting in the corner of her dark room looking lifeless with tears on her face—heartbreaking.

She remembers how hard it was for Sara, struggling to stand on her feet once again. It was such a time.

But then, looking at the guy sitting in front of her clueless, she knows she needs to tell him. Jungkook needs to know. He needs to know so that he can understand Sara. He deserves to know. He must know. As much as there is doubt, revealing the truth of what happened 2 years ago to him, Yuna trusts her intuition more.

"Yuna, you need to tell me the things I need to know", his voice sounds defeated but there's a hint of hopefulness. "I want to see her again"

"Tell me. Be honest with me. I don't want any filter", Yuna straightens her back, her face serious now. "What do you feel about Sara?"

The question. This question. The same question Taehyung has been asking him since day one. Since the day he couldn't not stop talking about the blonde-haired girl he met by the beach. The same question he has been asking himself since the day he first laid eyes on her.

This question. The cursed question on which, he could not find an answer.

But, maybe, he does have the answer now. Nevertheless, just like Taehyung said, admitting feelings is the hardest thing. People would rather pretend to not feel rather than admitting their hearts are aching. Such a painful truth, a hard pill to swallow.

"Jungkook?", Yuna calls him softly, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Are you oka—"

"Love"

"W-Wha—"

"Love", he says again. "I am in love with her. I love her. My feelings towards her is love. I love her"

~~~~~

NOTE

Hello everyone! Here is another update! Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 2.1K 72
❝For as long as I can remember my heart belonged to you.❞ A twenty-year-old boy gets his life turned upside down with an unexpected turnout. With his...
712 70 7
[FINISHED] Living in a tourist place, Jeongguk was used to seeing people coming ang going from the houses around his every summer. Until he came alon...
169K 4.9K 36
Mina Jung is an 18 year old girl studying abroad in Canada. When she was heading home to Korea to visit her family and celebrate her cousin Hoseok's...
274K 11.2K 48
Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok are typical celebrity couple everyone talks about. A cold CEO and a charming model complete each other perfectly. Or that...