The Hidden One

By idksomethingnotlame

"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes bac... More

0. prologue and cast
1. the train ride
2. first day
3. moony's class
4. broom lessons
5. break-ins
6. private lessons
7. quidditch matches
8. getting the map
9. hogsmeade
10. awkward conversations
11. birthdays surprises
12. spilled secrets
13. fights and feuds
14. fear
15. coming home
16. the final match
17. anxieties
18. the reveal
19. the story
20. the rat
21. werewolves
22. important conversations
23. going home
24. summer
25. makeups
26. hospital visits
reunions
holding hands
water runs
world cup
dark marks
presents
adult conversations
back to school
first day
ferrets
arguments
new students
quidditch players and veelas
the goblet
cousins
saying goodbye
new home
daily prophet
fireplace conversations
the first task
house elves
dates
stupid boys
yule ball
awkwardness
baths
the second task
articles
hate mail
mr. crouch
practicing spells
visitors
the third task
the graveyard
revealed secrets
angry ministers
memorials
failed powers
mirror conversations
nightmares
windows
revealed truths
food fights
new information
tapestries
the trial
boggarts
punches
ministry interference
throwing books
biscuits
detentions
final detention
high inquisitor
hog's head
hurt owls
room of requirement
lifelong bans
giants
thesterals
snake bites
big surprises
girl fights
valentine's day
the quibbler
last meeting
fireworks
office break ins
giant brothers
OWLs
orbs
archways
prophecies
arrivals
letters
alive
the burrow
birthdays
pygmy puffs
broken noses
amortentia
tryouts
kittens
captains
new rooms
warnings
Christmas parties
Christmas eve
rings
poisoned mead
horcruxes
Jealousy
Astronomy towers
broken backs
funerals
missions
missing ears
wills
polyjuice potion
engagements
engagement articles
planning
dungeons
doubt
godric's hollow
sick
promises
shell cottage
parents
dragons
ariana
diadems
nagini
elder wands
memorials (epilogue)
note from the author
sequel
a quick message
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter
bonus chapter

cracked skulls

9.4K 405 520
By idksomethingnotlame

It took Rose a second to figure out where she was when she woke up. She had somehow ended up on the couch in her common room, and she could tell that not much time had passed since she had left the hospital wing. The clock on the wall showed that it was only 10:30 at night, so Rose hadn't been gone for more than an hour and a half. The weird thing was that Rose couldn't remember where she had gone.

"Rose?" Harry called as he entered the dark common room.

"I'm here," Rose said softly. Harry flicked his wand and the lights came on.

"How's Ron?" Rose asked.

"He has to stay in the hospital wing for a week and then he'll be fine," Harry said.

"Good," Rose said softly.

"Where'd you go?" Harry asked as he sat next to Rose.

"I'm...not sure," Rose admitted as she tried to remember where she had been.

"What do you mean you're not sure?" Harry questioned as he furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"I mean, I don't remember where I went. I remember leaving the hospital wing and then nothing," Rose explained.

"Do you feel okay?" Harry asked as he held a hand up to her forehead.

"I have a little bit of a headache but other than that I'm fine," Rose said.

"Weird..." Harry said, worry coating his tone.

"Maybe I'll remember in the morning," Rose said, trying to hide the anxiety she was feeling.

"Maybe," Harry said, feeling just as anxious as Rose did.

Rose decided to not stress about where she had been. The more important thing was Ron. Rose made sure to check on him at least once a day and she brought him lots of chocolate. Hermione was in the hospital wing the most out of everyone, as she no longer had to watch Rose with Harry.

Harry, however, was more focused on Draco. He would constantly watch the Maurader's Map to watch where Draco was, much to the annoyance of Rose. What annoyed Rose the most is that Draco, Blaise and Theo seemed to be avoiding her. They were rarely in their classes and tended to go to the Great Hall when they knew Rose wouldn't be there. She hadn't been able to talk to them in a long time, and it was making her worried.

Lavender was being annoying, as always. She was very upset when no one told her that Ron was in the hospital wing, but she eventually got to the point where she would ask questions about Ron all the time. When Harry told her to ask Ron the questions, Lavender told Harry that Ron was always asleep when she would come to visit, which shocked Harry and Rose because the boy was always awake when they came.

McLaggen was even worse than Lavender somehow. Since Ron was unable to play quidditch, Harry had let McLaggen take his place for the upcoming match against Hufflepuff. McLaggen would constantly come up and make suggestions to Harry. Rose was very tired of hearing Harry complain about the boy.

"Do I have to go?" Rose groaned as she got ready for the match.

"Yes," Harry said before he stood up from where he had been laying on her bed. "I'm gonna go talk to Ron and then make my way to the pitch. Hermione will walk you down."

"I'm getting really tired of being treated like a child," Rose said angrily.

"I know, but it's to keep you safe," Harry said. He gave a frowning Rose a kiss on the cheek before making his way to the hospital wing while Rose continued to get ready. Hermione came and got Rose about thirty minutes later and they made their way to the pitch to watch the game.

"I hope this doesn't last long," Rose said to Hermione over the loud cheers.

"I still can't believe how much you hate quidditch," Hermione said. "Everyone around you loves it."

"Moony didn't like it so I didn't grow up with it," Rose explained again. Hermione just shrugged and then screamed at the top of her lungs when the Gryffindor team made their way onto the pitch.

"Is that Luna commentating?" Rose asked with a laugh.

"I think so!" Hermione said. Luna wasn't doing a very good job commentating. She barely knew the names of the players, and she spent a majority of the time talking about clouds in the sky.

"Are they arguing?" Rose asked as she looked to McLaggen and Harry. They were no longer flying around and were instead just sitting on their brooms and yelling at each other.

"Of course they are," Hermione said with a sigh.

"Seventy-forty to Hufflepuff!" Professor Mcgonagall yelled into the microphone since Luna wasn't doing a good job telling the score.

"Why does he have a bat?" Hermione asked. Rose watched as Harry flew towards McLaggen, who was apparently trying to show one of the beaters how to do his job. Rose let out a shriek when McLaggen hit a bludger at Harry, hitting him right in the head. Harry quickly started falling to the ground, only slowed down by the two beaters who were barely able to catch him. Everyone moved out of the way as Rose ran down the quidditch steps, Hermione not far behind her. The other players all quickly landed, McLaggen yelling at the beater who was yelling back.

"Harry!" Rose called as she finally made her way to where he was laying on the ground.

"He's passed out," Dean said as he moved so Rose could see Harry, who was laying on the ground with cracked glasses.

"You're an idiot," Rose growled to McLaggen as she kneeled on the ground and grabbed Harry's head.

"Is it working?" Ginny asked anxiously as she squatted next to Rose.

"I think so," Rose said with a shrug.

"Move aside. I'm going to take him to the hospital wing just in case," Mcgonagall said as she reached them. Everyone moved aside as Mcgonagall got a stretcher and carried Harry back to the castle, Rose following anxiously. Ginny and Hermione followed them as well.

"He's going to be fine, right?" Hermione asked.

"Of course he is," Mcgonagall assured them as they entered the hospital wing.

"What is it this time?" Madam Pomfrey asked with a sigh as guided Harry to lay on the bed next to Ron.

"A cracked skull, I believe," Mcgonagall answered. "Miss. Black was able to heal him, but I'd feel a lot better if you would check him over as well."

"Of course," Madam Pomfrey said as she moved her wand. A model of Harry's skeleton flew up above the boy and Rose could easily see where Harry's skull was partially fixed.

"So, it's a cracked skull for sure?" Ginny asked.

"It sure is," Madam Pomfrey confirmed. "I'm going to give him a potion and wrap his head and he'll be fine."

"I can finish healing him," Rose offered.

"No, that's alright. You save your energy. Plus, if you healed everyone, you'd put me out of a job!" Madam Pomfrey teased. Rose blushed and curled into the seat next to Harry's bed with a yawn. Madam Pomfrey quickly did everything she could to help Harry before retreating back into her office, Mcgonagall doing the same.

"What happened to him?" Ron asked.

"McLaggen decided to take a beaters bat and he hit Harry with it," Hermione replied. Ron blushed a little and awkwardly avoided Hermione's eye and nodded in understanding.

"McLaggen better hope I don't kill him the next time I see him," Rose growled as she smoothed some of Harry's hair.

"I think the rest of the team will kill him first," Ginny said with a snort.

"Have you broken up with Dean yet?" Hermione asked Ginny.

"Yeah, a few days ago. He took it pretty well, too," Ginny said.

"Good. You're too young to date," Ron told her.

"I'm only a year younger than you," Ginny told him angrily. "And I'll have you know that I'm writing with Cedric."

Ron started stuttering in surprise as the girls smirked at him. He finally crossed his arms angrily and refused to look at them. The rest of the quidditch team, minus McLaggen, came and visited them, but Harry stayed asleep the whole time. Ginny and Hermione had to leave after an hour to do homework, so Rose and Ron talked until the doors were thrown open.

"My poor baby!" James cried as he burst into the hospital wing, Lily trailing behind him with embarrassment clear on her face.

"How is he doing?" Lily asked calmly, ignoring James who had very over dramatically thrown himself on Harry.

"He's fine. I think whatever potion Madam Pomfrey gave him has helped him sleep," Rose answered.

"There you two are," Madam Pomfrey said as she exited the office.

"Poppy!" James yelled as he stopped fake crying. He hugged the healer as Lily sent her a kind smile.

"How have you been?" Lily asked kindly.

"Good, good. I must say, once you left school the hospital wing was a lot calmer. And then Mr. Potter arrived," Madam Pomfrey said with a smile.

"Sorry," Harry groaned as he woke up. Rose almost fell out of her chair, not expecting him to be awake yet. Lily and James immediately made their way to his sides and smothered him in a hug.

"Keeps me young," Madam Pomfrey said.

"What happened?" Harry asked as Rose helped him sit up. His hand immediately went up to his heavily wrapped head as he winced slightly.

"Just a cracked skull," Madam Pomfrey said. Harry nodded and let the healer do what she needed, muttering a thanks as the healer gave him the all clear and then retreated back into her office.

"How much did we lose by?" Harry asked. Rose rolled her eyes at how obsessed he was with quidditch.

"Everyone blames McLaggen, not you," Ron said, avoiding the question.

"Ron," Harry said. Ron sighed and then grimaced.

"Final score was three hundred and twenty to sixty," Ron finally answered. James and Lily both cringed as Harry groaned.

"I'm killing McLaggen," Harry decided.

"Get in line," Rose muttered angrily.

"No killing anyone," Lily said firmly. Everyone looked like they were going to argue until Lily sent them a look, making them all mutter under their breath.

"Ginny said you barely got to the game on time," Ron said to Harry. "What happened?"

Harry sent a look to Rose and then his parents and they all immediately knew he had done something he shouldn't have done.

"I saw Malfoy," Harry answered. Rose frowned at him as Lily and James shared a look. "He was walking with two girls who looked as if they didn't want to be with him. I don't remember ever seeing them either."

"What have we told you about Draco?" Lily asked sharply.

"To not worry about him," Harry mumbled.

"Listen to us before it gets you in trouble," James warned.

"But I know he's up to something!" Harry argued.

"I don't care," Lily said. "You're going to listen to your parents or we'll ground you."

"Fine," Harry said, but everyone knew he was upset. Harry stayed upset until Madam Pomfrey told him he could leave. James and Lily walked Harry and Rose back to their common room and then left to go back home, making Harry promise to leave Draco alone before they left. Much to the annoyance of Rose, Harry immediately went into his room and closed the door.

"Fine. Be that way," Rose mumbled angrily as she scooped up Tillie and Sandwich. She placed them on the bed and then slammed her door shut and locked it, falling asleep telling her cats how upset she was with Harry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ron was able to leave the hospital wing on Monday morning. As the quartet was walking to the Great Hall, they bumped into a first year girl, making her break the scale she was holding.

"Sorry about that," Hermione apologized as she tapped the scale with her wand and fixed it. The first year girl didn't respond and hurried away instead, sending the quartet worried looks over her shoulder.

"That was odd," Rose said as she watched the girl hurry into the next corridor.

"Harry!" Luna yelled behind them. The quartet slowed and let Luna join them.

"Hi, Luna," everyone said. Luna smiled dreamily at them.

"This is for you," Luna said as she handed Harry a rolled up scroll.

"Oh, thanks," Harry said. Luna nodded and walked away, humming a tune under her breath.

"She's really grown on me, y'know," Ron said, only to freeze when Lavender appeared.

"Have fun," Rose sang as she, Harry and Hermione left Ron to deal with Lavender.

"When is your next meeting?" Rose asked as Harry unrolled the scroll.

"Tonight," Harry answered, trying to ignore Lavender and Ron arguing. Hermione looked smug for the rest of the day, and even helped Rose and Harry with their homework, basically finishing Harry's Herbology essay for him. Harry left to have his meeting with Dumbledore and Rose was able to talk with Hermione.

"You two seem kinda tense," Hermione noted, watching as Rose bit her lip as she watched Harry leave their common room. 

"What do you mean?" Rose asked in shock.

"You guys barely held hands all weekend and you haven't been acting as lovey-dovey as usual," Hermione said. "And you snapped at him today, and you never do that."

Rose absentmindedly picked up Tillie as she thought back on the weekend. They hadn't really talked one on one since the hospital wing, and Rose had snapped at Harry when he refused to look away from the Maurader's Map in an attempt to find Draco.

"He's just obsessed with Draco and proving that he's a Death Eater," Rose said. "It's like...he has no concrete evidence that Draco is a Death Eater, and he's not going to stop until he gets some. And the main reason Harry has this theory is because of Draco's last name...he seems to forget that Draco is my cousin and I have a bad family too."

"Harry knows you're not a Death Eater," Hermione said.

"I know, but if he gets angry enough, then what happens? Will he accuse me next?" Rose asked.

"Of course not, Rose," Hermione assured her. "Harry loves you."

"Harry is too focused on Draco and quidditch," Rose said with a shrug. "He doesn't tell me goodnight unless I say it first, he doesn't initiate anything. Why'd he give me the promise ring if he was just gonna act like I don't exist?"

"Rose, you should talk to him about this," Hermione said anxiously. "I don't think I can tell you what to do."

"Yeah...you're probably right," Rose mumbled. "I'm gonna go to sleep. You can stay if you want."

"You haven't finished your essay," Hermione told her.

"I don't care," Rose told her as she entered her room. Hermione was left to gape at Rose's closed door with worry. Rose heard Hermione leave not long after, and the door to the common room didn't open again until two hours later. Rose grabbed her wand as she opened her door, only for it to just be Harry.

"How was your meeting?" Rose asked. Harry jumped a little when he saw Rose.

"It was fine," Harry said shortly.

"Oh...that's good," Rose said. Harry just nodded as he ran his hand through his hair and paced the room.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Rose asked.

"No," Harry said.

"Ok...well, I'm gonna go to sleep then. I love you," Rose said.

"You too," Harry replied, not even looking at her. Rose slowly closed the door and laid back on her bed, cuddling Tillie and Sandwich as she tried not to cry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Harry continued to be distant to Rose for the next week. She would try to talk to him alone, but he would always get distracted or come up with an excuse to not talk to her. He was always looking at either the Maurader's Map or his Potions book. Rose decided to spend an afternoon with Hermione one day, and she was almost glad to get a break. As much as they loved each other, they were too young to be around each other all the time without a break.

Harry was also being rude to everyone else. Dumbledore had reminded Harry that he needed to get the memory from Slughorn, making Harry even more stressed. Hermione would try to help Harry come up with ideas to get the memory, and Harry would snap at her.

"Can you two shut up?" Rose finally snapped. The quartet was sitting in their common room doing homework. Harry and Hermione were once again arguing over the potions book and the memory.

"What's your problem?" Harry snapped back. She was tired of him talking only about the mission, and he was tired of not having any answers as to what to do.

"You're even more of an idiot than I thought if you don't know," Rose practically spat as she gathered up her work and went into her room, making sure to slam the door shut.

"Mate, you really are an idiot," Ron said.

"Yeah, thanks," Harry said sarcastically. Rose expected him to come knock on her door to comfort her, but Harry just continued to sit with Hermione and Ron, talking about Ron's spell check quill that wasn't working anymore, and the issues between Ron and Lavender. Rose groaned and ripped off her promise ring and threw it on the floor before sliding down onto the ground against her bed and grasping her hair.

Rose could faintly hear Kreacher and Dobby apparate into the common room, but her mind was racing too fast to wonder why they were there. Rose stayed sitting on the floor for the rest of the night, wondering what to do.

"Rose, you up?" Harry asked as he knocked on her door the next morning. Rose, who had barely gotten four hours of sleep, threw the door open and ignored Harry as she left the common room to go to the Great Hall.

"You can't be upset with me now!" Harry called after her. "Kreacher and Dobby have been watching Malfoy, and then know that he's been using the Room of Requirement for something and he's making Zabini and Nott turn into girls to watch the door. He's doing something bad, Rose."

"I don't care," Rose hissed as she turned around to look at Harry. "I don't care what he's doing because I know him a whole lot better than you ever will. Everyone has asked you to drop it, and you refuse to do so. So, I don't care."

Rose stomped away from a fuming Harry as she entered the Great Hall, sitting in between Hermione and Ginny so that there was no space for Harry to sit next to her. The boy stomped into the Great Hall a few moments later, looking just as upset as Rose did. Ron, Ginny and Hermione shared a look as Rose and Harry refused to look at each other.

"So...anyone we know in there?" Ron asked awkwardly as Hermione opened the newspaper.

"Mundungus got arrested for pretending to be an Inferius," Hermione said.

"Weird," Ginny said.

"I'm leaving," Harry said as he grabbed a muffin and stomped off.

"What's his problem?" Ron asked Rose.

"Ask him," Rose snapped before she grabbed her own muffin and stomped off.

"Rose! You're not supposed to leave by yourself!" Hermione called after her. Rose groaned and turned around.

"I don't care! I don't care about anything! You know what, I hope someone takes me cause I'll probably have more freedom with the Death Eaters than I have here!" Rose yelled, not caring that everyone was looking at her.

"Miss. Black?" Dumbledore asked softly as he stood in front of her. Rose hadn't even realized that he had left the staff table. "Let's go talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

720K 21.9K 50
πš‚πš˜ πš–πšžπšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšœπšŠπš’πš’πš—πš "𝚞𝚜" 'π™²πšŠπšžπšœπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽπš—'𝚝 πš–πš’πš—πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†γ€€γ€€ qο½₯:...
10.7K 328 28
"Y/n, could you please join us in the real world for a few moments?" She grumbles in complaint, "But my book is getting to the good bit." "And the g...
15.3K 248 25
Alexa Lupin a mega-witch like her mother and werewolf like her father She was far stronger then any witch or wizard to have ever existed with her mot...
91.2K 1.5K 91
In which the blindness of uncertainty became clear with the love of one's heart and love did conquer all fear. "It's so clear with you. Always" ...