Here We Are

By universebunny

"We don't need things like memories" ~~~~~ Being one of Inarizaki's Volleyball managers is tough, the countle... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Routines
Chapter 2: I'll work hard!
Chapter 3: Foxes
Chapter 4: You haven't changed
Chapter 5: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa
Chapter 6: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa Part 2
Chapter 7: Code Blue
Chapter 8: Tokyo Teams
Chapter 9: Sakusa Kiyoomi
Chapter 10: Itachiyama Volleyball Club
Chapter 11: Tomorrow
Chapter 12: Seize Your Moment
Chapter 13: Behold Today's Champions
Chapter 14: Winners and Losers
Chapter 15: Summer
Chapter 16: Second-Year Shenanigans
Chapter 17: In Due Time
Chapter 18: And So It Begins.
Chapter 19: Reprise
Chapter 20: Turn it Around
Chapter 21: Intense Force
Chapter 22: The struggles of the weak-willed
Chapter 23: The 'Talented'
Chapter 24: Rivals
Chapter 25: Simple, Pure Strength
Chapter 26: Until We Meet Again
Chapter 27: Consequences
Chapter 28: Atsumu and Y/N
Chapter 30: Rerun
Chapter 31: Love/Expectations
Chapter 32: Where Monsters Go
Chapter 33: Care
Chapter 34: Not Alone
Chapter 35: It'll soon be Spring
Chapter 36: Solitude
Chapter 37 - Finally Here; The Starting Point
Chapter 38: Challengers
Chapter 39: This is War
Chapter 40: Monster's Banquet
Chapter 41: Captain
Chapter 42: The Promised Place
Chapter 43: The Day of Change
Chapter 44: Those Who Have Lost
Chapter 45: Solace
Chapter 46: Our Spring Comes To An End
Chapter 47: Love
Chapter 48: Thank you, goodbye.
Chapter 49: Endings and Beginnings
Chapter 50: Rebirth
Chapter 51: Room to Grow
Chapter 52: Change
Chapter 53: Synergy
Chapter 54: Let The Games Begin
Chapter 55: Awkward
Chapter 56: Pushing Forward
Chapter 57: The Bonds We Make
Chapter 58: Preparations
Chapter 59: One Step Forward

Chapter 29: Through the Time

8.1K 455 581
By universebunny

Official_Inarizaki_VBC "Congratulations to our Setter Miya Atsumu for winning 'Best Setter' and 'Best Server' at Interhigh this year! #miyaatsumu #miyatwins #miyabrothers"
Tagged: @miya_tsumtsum

@miya_osamuu95 who?

@sunasunasuna who?

@Official_Inarizaki_VBC who?

@sunasunasuna @Official_Inarizaki_VBC wrong account Y/N

@Official_Inarizaki_VBC @sunasunasuna there are no mistakes.

@miracleboiii who?

@miya_tsumtsum who?

@gin_hitoshi Osamu?? Did you seriously go on Atsumu's account??

@miya_tsumtsum @gin_hitoshi who?

@sunasunasuna Fukurodani be jealous of this comment section

Atsumu groans as he continues scrolling through the comment section, apart from his lovely friends spamming the comments, an army of Suna stans have also infiltrated the post. They're all saying the same thing.

'who?'

Frustrated, he lets out a screech as he turns off his phone, huffing indignantly as he does his best to resist the urge to spam the group chat with complaints. Instead, he turns his phone back on and goes on Twitter.

Dual WINNER 🏆💪 | @miya_tsumtsum
"Suna stans scare me"

@sunastan23 hello TSUMTSUM

Letting out another screech, Atsumu throws his phone across the room in fear. He dives back into bed and attempts to suffocate himself with a pillow.

Walking into the room, Osamu is greeted by the view of his twin brother trying to die without actually dying. Instead of questioning him, Osamu turns around and walks right back out. Just another ordinary day in the Miya household.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

"Wow, that guy's a scrub."

"I know right, can't believe no one said anything."

"Actually, the whole team's filled with scrubs."

"We came here to watch the matches, not to trash talk the other teams." Y/N deadpans.

Having won the previous Hyogo Prefectural Qualifiers, Inarizaki is exempt from the Qualifying Rounds for Hyogo Qualifiers. Right now, over forty teams are split into 8 separate groups to compete, the winners of each group qualifies to play in the final round for Qualifiers for Spring High.

Or as Atsumu would put it, the losers of the last Hyogo Qualifiers are fighting each other for a chance to verse Inarizaki in the Final Round and lose again.

She doesn't know how they convinced her, but the twins managed to drag her out to watch the Qualifying Rounds with them. At least Ojiro is here to suffer with her.

"Can you twins shut up? You're being so rude!"

"Aran-kun, we're not bein' rude~ We're just bein' truthful!" Atsumu explains cheerfully as Osamu nods in agreement.

"Yeah Aran-kun, nothin' wrong with observing other teams and learning from them." Osamu pipes up as Y/N and Ojiro sweat drop.

"What's wrong with you two?! Osamu?! I thought you were gonna live a life of kindness??" Ojiro questions loudly in exasperation, attracting the attention of the other people in the audience. Hiding her face, Y/N pretends she doesn't know them.

It's bad enough that she's practically with three high school volleyball celebrities, they're all attention magnets, and they're being loud and rude? Y/N silently prays that they'll shut up soon.

"Can you three please shut up?" Y/N whispers as they all ignore her.

"The setter might not be the best, but still that was a damn good toss. Too bad the scrub didn't hit it properly." Atsumu shrugs in disinterest as he continues observing the match.

"Then compliment the setter rather than trash talkin' the other players!" Ojiro groans as he facepalms, coming with the twins was a bad idea.

"Hmm... Actually, 'Samu."

"What is it, 'Tsumu?"

"I like their uniform pattern, ours is kinda plain..."

"Now that you mention it, yeah it is. Should we ask the school to change our uniform?"

'They're not even paying attention to the game anymore... They're just discussing the team's uniform...' Y/N and Ojiro mentally deadpan, they're very close to reaching the end of their patience.

"I won't tell anyone if you beat 'em up." Y/N whispers to Ojiro as he sighs.

"I just want to stop sufferin'..." He mutters as he solemnly looks off into the distance. Y/N sighs at his dramatics as she gazes into the distance as well. The whole team's filled with drama queens.

Taking out her phone, Y/N takes a picture of the twins bickering over which patterns and colour schemes would look best on them, sighing as she sends it to a friend.

'Watchin' the Qualifying Rounds but these idiots are arguing about the uniforms... Is Tokyo much better?'

She instantly gets a response.

'Don't taint my phone with pictures of Miya, I can feel his germs through the screen. Although, Tokyo isn't much better. I have to deal with Komori.'

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

"Thank you for the match!" The Inarizaki team bows to their opponents as they start packing up from their practise match.

Now that school's started again, the team's been consistently training for Hyogo Prefectural Qualifiers for Spring High while also trying to balance their studies. Usually, third years would consider quitting whatever clubs they were in at this point, but the volleyball team's third years are so mature and responsible they're balancing their priorities very well.

In complete contrast, some of the second years are struggling to keep up with their studies, not that they necessarily care. Y/N sighs to herself as she helps the teams pack up, they'll have to hold group study sessions soon.

"Do you need help with that?"

Glancing behind her, Y/N smiles politely at the player of the opposing team. "Oh, it's fine, thank you for offering though."

"Are you sure? I can help." He smiles gesturing to the piles of towels and bibs she's holding. "I don't mind. I'm sure you can handle it, but it doesn't hurt to help."

"Oh... Um, I guess that's true... Thanks." She mumbles as he takes the towels.

"It's all good~ Man, your team is really great! I can really tell how much you guys must practise!" He cheerfully exclaims. "It kind of inspires me to work even harder, suddenly I feel like I'm too much of a slacker... Oh well."

"Yeah... the team really makes you wanna do your best, don't they?"

"Yep~ Especially your setter guy! I mean, when he's not insulting you to your face or glaring at you, when he's playing you can really tell he's really passionate." He laughs. "His dedication is amazing! And... uhh, hi?"

Noticing that he's distracted, Y/N glances behind them and sweat drops. Suna's casually standing behind them with his phone out, openly staring at them.

"Rintarou, what're you doin'." She deadpans.

Straightening up, Suna's back lets out multiple loud cracks as the two of them cringe. He just smiles innocently.

"Oh, don't worry, that's just the sound that comes out every time I accidentally get into a fist fight with someone."

"..." Y/N and the guy sweat drop as they stare at him.

"Anyway, don't mind me, pretend I'm not here." Suna smiles, gesturing for them to turn around. Sighing, Y/N silently tells him to leave them alone and stop bothering them. Rolling his eyes, he takes exactly three steps back as he continues openly staring.

"I'm so sorry 'bout him." Y/N sighs as she facepalms as the guy laughs.

"Nah it's fine! To be honest, I think he's pretty funny."

"...Right."

Y/N crosses her arms as she approaches Suna with a dead face, he mimics her stance perfectly.

"Threatening people I see."

"Getting distracted I see."

"What?" Y/N raises her eyebrow at this as Suna rolls his eyes.

"No distractions, you need to stay focused." Suna tuts as he shakes his head. "You and Sakusa are finally making progress and I want to keep it that way."

"..."

Y/N stares at Suna, completely unimpressed. She quickly turns away.

"Kita-senpai-!"

"Wait I was joking, don't tell on me!"

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Atsumu impatiently rocks back and forth in his seat, feeling restless from sitting for so long. Just as he opens his mouth to talk, Y/N shoots him a glare, successfully shutting him up once again.

With the Hyogo Prefectural Qualifiers for Spring High around the corner, Kita is adamant on making sure that all the members of volleyball club are keeping up with their studies. So the second years are doing their best to hold a group study session, which is proving to not be very successful.

Lifting his head, Suna slams it back into his textbook for the hundredth time, lifting it up again just to slam it down. Kagawa sweat drops at this, sighing under her breath as she goes to tell him off. Frantically, Y/N gestures for her to not say anything, but she doesn't notice.

"Suna-kun... yer shaking the table."

"Oh? So we're allowed to talk now?" Suna smirks as Atsumu perks up.

"Finally! Thanks Ginko-chan! I knew I could count on you!" Atsumu cheers. "Can we go yet?? We've been here for hours!"

"We've been here for 10 minutes." Ginjima deadpans.

"That's too long!" Atsumu whines dramatically as he slumps in his seat. "Seriously, do we hafta do this? I don't even needa study too hard 'coz my future doesn't need it!"

"That's assumin' the pro teams want you." Osamu drones.

"Oi! You can't assume the pro teams want you either!" Atsumu snaps back as Osamu rolls his eyes.

"Whatever."

"It pains me to say this, but I'm with Atsumu on this one." Suna sighs as Y/N gasps dramatically. "Shut up, can't we just go home already? I think I'd even rather extra volleyball practise than this..."

"Damn... this must be really painful for you then. If Suna-kun would rather exercise then that's really saying a lot." Kagawa mutters as everyone agrees.

Y/N sighs as she eyes the two of them. "I mean... technically I can't stop you from leaving..."

Atsumu and Suna perk up as they start packing their things, she gestures for them to stop.

"It's true, I can't stop you two from leaving. But... you can't stop me from callin' Kita-senpai to join us and study." She smirks, making them instantly freeze in their actions. "So I'd choose my actions wisely if I were you."

They quietly sit back in their seats as they glare at her, she just smiles innocently in response.

"I feel like yer keepin' us here against our will." Atsumu scowls, she just shrugs in disinterest.

"Not necessarily~ I mean, I gave you the option to leave if you wanted to, didn't I?" She smiles innocently as they continue glaring at her.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're really manipulative?"

"Only the people that get to know me~"

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

"Go straight home, no extra practise today, got it? Have a good meal, shower or do whatever you usually do, and go straight to bed, alrighty? Tomorrow's the big day so we needa be in tip-top shape! And this is a given, but don't be late! Dismissed!"

Y/N has a major sense of déjà vu as walks to her bus stop with Akagi, feeling weirdly nostalgic about the previous time she went home early the day before Qualifiers.

"You excited for Qualifiers tomorrow, Y/N-chan?" Akagi cheerfully asks.

"Yeah, I am." She smiles lightly. "The past month or so has really flown by, it's practically a blur to me."

"Yeah, I get that~ All that training and studying's really making me wanna have a breather, but playin' a few matches for Qualifiers is nice too I guess~"

Y/N rolls her eyes at this. "It won't be so nice when you're actually playin', Finals is a five set match as well, good luck."

"Oh? You seem confident that we're gonna make it to Finals~ Already assumin' we're gonna win and make it to Spring High?" Akagi asks as he laughs.

"What? D'ya think you're not gonna make it?"

"Don't turn this on me!" Akagi groans as she laughs at him. "Oh wait, a thought occurs, how'd that art convention application thing go for you?"

"Huh? Oh. I forgot about that to be honest." Y/N mumbles sheepishly.

"What?? How'd you forget?"

"It's been a while since I applied, they haven't gotten back to me so it slipped my mind." Y/N rolls her eyes. "It probably means I either didn't make it, or I didn't make it in the first round. I'll probs have to wait for the second and third round to see if I get in."

"Ohh I see..." Akagi nods along. "It's in Tokyo right?"

"Yeah, in December."

"Damn~ that's almost two months away... I'll be rooting for you!"

"Akagi-senpai, I needa get in first." She chuckles as he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah but still, I'm proud of you already! I know you'll get in!" He laughs cheerfully as she smiles. "So... have you told yer parents about your application yet?"

"...About that..."

"Oh boy."

After checking over her sports bags for the hundredth time, Y/N mentally considers rechecking them again, just in case she's forgotten something. Even after all her experience as a manager, she can never be too safe.

It's still early in the evening for her as she plops into her chair beside her desk, spinning around mindlessly as she tries to think of something to do. She could draw something, but the excitement of the upcoming matches makes it difficult for her to concentrate. Sighing to herself, she's about to go through her social media apps until she gets a notification.

'Are you free to talk right now?'

Y/N glances at her door, listening to make sure the rest of her family's occupied. Once she's certain that they're all busy, she responds.

'Yeah, I got time.'

Her phone starts ringing as she picks up.

"Calling so late, Sakusa? That's unusual for you."

"Think whatever you want. Qualifiers for Hyogo are tomorrow, right?" He asks, straight to the point as always.

"Yeah they are, you gonna wish good luck or something?"

"Your team doesn't require luck to win."

Y/N gasps dramatically at his words, she can almost imagine him rolling his eyes. "Sakusa... That's high praise comin' from you..."

"Suddenly, I want to retract my words." He deadpans.

"It's too late, I will remember this moment forever." She laughs under her breath. "Thanks though, your Qualifiers are happenin' kinda soon, right?"

"Our Final Round for Qualifiers are a few weeks away, mid-November, so I wouldn't consider them to be in the near future."

"Sounds pretty close to me." Y/N shrugs. "How's trainin' with yer team?"

"It's the same as usual, although probably not as exciting as whatever your team gets up to." He sighs. "Why are you asking? Trying to get inside information?"

"Wow, the accusations." Y/N snickers under her breath. "D'ya really think I'm that kind of person?"

"Anyone that's friends with Miya is immediately suspicious."

"Okay, that's fair."

Y/N gets up from her seat and plops onto her bed, sitting cross-legged as she hugs her fox plushie Ina-kyun. "So how's Komori-kun?"

"Am I so boring that you'd ask about my annoying cousin?"

"I still can't believe you're cousins... but no, aren't you two roommates? Is he not in the room with you right now?" Y/N asks curiously, in her mind, she can hear Suna whispering "oh my gosh they're roommatesss...!" But she decides to ignore it.

Sakusa sighs. "Komori said he needed to go run a few errands before I called you and hasn't returned since then. He will most likely come back soon, unfortunately."

"You don't sound excited at the prospect~"

"Perhaps I haven't properly displayed my utter joy." He mutters sarcastically as she laughs.

"Come on Sakusa! Komori-kun can't be that bad~ He-"

"I'm back~! Oh? You're on the phone? Talking to L/N-chan again?"

"Go away."

"This is my room too!"

"Put me on speaker, Sakusa! I wanna talk to Komori-kun too!" Y/N cheers as Sakusa groans.

"Do I have to?"

"Don't be like that Kiyoomi~ I want to talk to L/N-chan too! Put it on speaker!"

"Don't touch me-!"

"And from then on... Komori-kun was never seen again..." Y/N narrates as the phone turns on speaker.

"Very funny L/N-chan, Sakusa would never kill me!"

"Are'ya sure?"

"Of course! Right, Sakusa?" Komori asks.

There's an awkwardly long pause as they wait for Sakusa to say something. Komori chuckles nervously and takes a few steps away from him. "...Right, Sakusa...?"

"Of course not, my hands would get dirty." Sakusa deadpans as Komori sighs in relief.

Y/N thinks for a moment. "But technically... your hands wouldn't get dirty if you hired a hitman..."

"L/N-chan don't give him ideas." Komori says uneasily.

"No, I like where this is going. Keep talking, L/N."

"Oh come on! You'd never kill me! I'm your teammate!" Komori exclaims in exasperation as Y/N laughs at him. "Not just your teammate, I'm your cousin! We're family, remember??"

"Maybe he was so busy plotting your murder he forgot you were bound by blood." Y/N suggest cheerfully, smirking to herself. "Isn't that right, Sakusa?"

"Well, I have thought about killing him a few times." Sakusa admits as Komori gasps dramatically, taking a few more steps back as he tries to get away from Sakusa. "Relax, I'm not actually going to kill you."

"Yeah Komori-kun, why would he kill you? You're too useful." Y/N says cheerfully before she starts to chuckle ominously. "...For now."

"...I need to go to the toilet." Komori mutters as he quickly walks away from Sakusa. "Stop giving him ideas, L/N-chan! You better be talking about something else when I get back!"

"Hey Sakusa, d'ya know what usually happens in the bathroom in horror movies?"

"STOP IT!" Komori screeches as he slams the door.

Y/N laughs at Komori's expense. "Don'tcha think he ever gets tired of us ganging up on him? Maybe we should lay off a bit."

Sakusa pauses to think for a moment. "...How about we pretend we never discussed killing him?"

"Never discussed what?"

Smirking to himself, Sakusa shrugs. "No idea."

Y/N smiles subconsciously as Komori slams the door open, interrupting them. "I have returned."

"Welcome back, Komori-kun~ Sakusa and I were just talkin' 'bout Qualifiers~ You excited for yours?"

Komori pauses for a moment. "Yes... I am excited..." He says slowly, cautiously approaching Sakusa. "Why do you ask...?"

"Hm? No reason~ Just think it'd be a shame if you didn't get to go, since you're so excited and all." Y/N shrugs nonchalantly.

"A true shame." Sakusa nods along as Komori squints at him.

"...Are you guys threatening me...?"

"Whaddya talking about? We're just sayin' it'd be a shame. Would it not?" Y/N asks.

"It would..." Komori mutters hesitantly. "But I think my unease is justified... since you guys were talking about killing me earlier..."

"Since we were what?" Y/N asks, sounding confused. "Whaddya talking about, Komori-kun?"

"Don't play dumb with me! I won't be tricked this time!"

"Did you just call L/N dumb? You're so rude, Komori." Sakusa sighs as Komori groans.

"I didn't and you know it! You two are ganging up on me again, I know it!"

"Wow Komori-kun, you're so smart, you know so many things~" Y/N teases as he lets out a frustrated screech.

"Seriously? Can't you be on my side for once L/N-chan?? Sakusa's smart already, he doesn't need back up!"

"Wow, so you think I'm just back up, huh? Think I'm just a side person? A secondary? An extra?" Y/N fakes hurt as she sighs sadly.

"Okay, now you're just twisting my words." Komori deadpans as Sakusa smirks.

"Wow, now you're accusing me of such things. When will the bullying end?"

"YES. WHEN WILL THE BULLYING END??" Komori screeches, finally losing his cool as Y/N laughs at him.

"I'm just jokin' Komori-kun~" She chuckles. "Fine fine, I'll drop it now."

"Thank you!" He groans. "Seriously though, can't you partner up with me sometime? I feel like you have magic powers to win every argument, even if you're wrong..."

"Okay, first of all, I'm never wrong." She deadpans.

"Yeah yeah, what I mean is, we should partner up to bully Sakusa sometime! This guy never gets on the receiving end, what do you say?"

Sakusa scowls at him. "Absolutely not. Find your own partner."

"Oh my, seems like I'm popular." Y/N snickers. "Maybe I should update my rates and fees... how much money you offerin', Komori-kun?"

Komori sighs as he laughs, making her raise her eyebrow in confusion. "Wow, suddenly it all makes sense."

"What does?"

"How you're able to deal with managing the Inarizaki team so well. I bet they'd never win an argument with you, so they probably listen to you really well." Komori explains as she sighs tiredly.

"Well, they certainly hear me. I'm not so sure about listening..." She trails off, suddenly having war flashbacks.

"I wouldn't say she'd win against everyone." Sakusa suddenly says. "Isn't the captain really persuasive as well?"

"To argue with Kita-senpai is to ask for death." Y/N deadpans. "What kind of person would question a man who's never done anything wrong in his life?"

Komori sighs tiredly. "Do you guys have to rebut everything I say?"

"Where's the fun in agreeing?" Y/N responds as she smirks, she can practically imagine Komori facepalming.

"I have decided that refusing to answer you is the safest possible option." Komori deadpans. "Anyway, it's getting late so you should go to bed, you've got Qualifiers tomorrow so you don't want to be sleep deprived."

"It's not about what I want, it's about maintaining my lifestyle~" Y/N chimes as he groans.

"We have to go to bed too! So good night!"

"Tired already? How weak." Sakusa drones.

"Shut up, Kiyoomi!"

Y/N laughs at their antics. "Well, you two can go to bed now if ya want. I don't really have any incentive to sleep yet... Not really tired..."

Sakusa sighs at this, bringing the phone closer to him so she can hear him clearly. "If you don't sleep now, think about who you're disappointing."

Y/N frantically gets up to get ready for bed. "I would never wanna disappoint Kita-senpai."

"Exactly, sleep well, L/N. Do not worry about Qualifiers, your team is already highly skilled." Sakusa says as she smiles.

"Thanks Sakusa, you too. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah."

"...I feel like you guys are forgetting that I'm here too." 

~~~~~

I have returned! OuO Hope you enjoyed this chapter~ =w= it was fun to write~ OuO

I've been really busy lately with my art and online store but I'm always happy to find time to write this fic =w= I've been getting so many nice messages and comments and they really make me so happy :')) You guys have no idea how much your words mean to me :'))

Anyway~ the next few chapters will be a bit more fast paced because Qualifiers for Spring High isn't that important for the storyline =w= At least... the matches aren't... *chuckles ominously*

Thanks for reading once again! See you in the next chapter~ OuO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 7.5K 38
"I love you y/n;)" "Aw I love me too!<3" π™Žπ™π˜Όπ™π™π™Ž: completed IN WHICH, some of the members of the Inarizaki volleyball team fall for the pretty...
752 63 9
L/n Y/n, an ambitious student at Inarizaki high school wants to better her school by reviving the Corp club, but to actually make a change she gets h...
445K 21.7K 53
SUNA RINTAROU X (OC)READER Six players stand on each side of the court. Six players, one mind, one goal. While there is no force more powerful than...
183K 7.6K 14
Status: COMPLETE ~ ~ ~ A heart can be delicate, that's what (Y/N) wanted to believe. She is lonely, fragile, yet she's still a cheerful person. Life...