The Hidden One

By idksomethingnotlame

"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes bac... More

0. prologue and cast
1. the train ride
2. first day
3. moony's class
4. broom lessons
5. break-ins
6. private lessons
7. quidditch matches
8. getting the map
9. hogsmeade
10. awkward conversations
11. birthdays surprises
12. spilled secrets
13. fights and feuds
14. fear
15. coming home
16. the final match
17. anxieties
18. the reveal
19. the story
20. the rat
21. werewolves
22. important conversations
23. going home
24. summer
25. makeups
26. hospital visits
reunions
holding hands
water runs
world cup
dark marks
presents
adult conversations
back to school
first day
ferrets
arguments
new students
quidditch players and veelas
the goblet
cousins
saying goodbye
new home
daily prophet
fireplace conversations
the first task
house elves
dates
stupid boys
yule ball
awkwardness
baths
the second task
articles
hate mail
mr. crouch
practicing spells
visitors
the third task
the graveyard
revealed secrets
angry ministers
memorials
failed powers
mirror conversations
nightmares
windows
revealed truths
food fights
new information
tapestries
the trial
boggarts
punches
ministry interference
throwing books
biscuits
detentions
final detention
high inquisitor
hog's head
hurt owls
room of requirement
lifelong bans
giants
thesterals
snake bites
big surprises
girl fights
valentine's day
the quibbler
last meeting
fireworks
office break ins
giant brothers
OWLs
orbs
archways
prophecies
arrivals
letters
alive
the burrow
birthdays
pygmy puffs
broken noses
amortentia
tryouts
kittens
new rooms
warnings
Christmas parties
Christmas eve
rings
poisoned mead
cracked skulls
horcruxes
Jealousy
Astronomy towers
broken backs
funerals
missions
missing ears
wills
polyjuice potion
engagements
engagement articles
planning
dungeons
doubt
godric's hollow
sick
promises
shell cottage
parents
dragons
ariana
diadems
nagini
elder wands
memorials (epilogue)
note from the author
sequel
a quick message
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter
bonus chapter

captains

10.4K 429 884
By idksomethingnotlame

"You're an idiot."

"Yes, I know," Rose groaned as she sat up. Remus was sitting in a chair next to her while the twins were asleep on a bed next to her. Madam Pomfrey hurried out of her office, so Rose knew she was in the hospital wing at Hogwarts.

"How are you feeling?" Madam Pomfrey asked anxiously.

"I'm fine. I have a headache but that's it," Rose said. Madam Pomfrey told her to drink a potion and then she would be good to leave in an hour.

"How long have I been asleep?" Rose asked Remus as Madam Pomfrey hurried away.

"A few hours. You slept through the night," Remus answered.

"What are you doing here?" Rose asked as she accepted a glass of water from her godfather.

"Your parents were already gone on their mission by the time they heard what happened, so I was informed and now I'm here. The twins were with me when I heard so they came with. I apparated the second I heard. Your friends were here too, but Madam Pomfrey kicked them out so they could sleep," Remus answered.

"Thanks, Moony. I've missed you," Rose said.

"I've missed you too," Remus said with a small smile. Rose frowned as he winced, his smile causing a new scratch to open a little. Remus reached forward and grabbed a tissue.

"When was the full moon?" Rose asked softly as she grabbed the tissue from her godfather and started cleaning his scratch.

"Two days ago," Remus said. "And I've been with the werewolves, so it was hard."

"You've been with the werewolves?" Rose gasped as she threw the tissue away as the scratch stopped bleeding. "Why?"

"Dumbledore told me to," Remus said with a shrug as if it was no big deal. Rose frowned but her frown turned into a smile when Arabella let out a whine as she woke up. Rose shakily stood up and grabbed the baby before returning to her own bed and cradling the girl to her chest.

"What happened to Katie?" Rose asked.

"She got transferred to St. Mungo's not too long ago," Remus said with a sigh. "If you couldn't heal yourself then you would be there with her. We don't know who gave her the necklace, but we know it was supposed to go to Dumbledore. Harry thinks Draco did it."

"He's stupid," Rose murmered, but she knew that there was a possibility that Draco had done it.

"Draco was in detention with Mcgonagall, so there was no way it was him," Remus told her.

"Moony?" Rose asked. He let out a hum as he grabbed Sebastian, who was starting to wake up as well. "What...what would you say if I knew some people who needed help?"

"What type of help?" Remus asked slowly. Rose started playing with Arabella's hair so that she didn't have to look him in the eye.

"Like....like they're in a situation that they don't want to be in, and they need help out. And protection," Rose answered.

"Rose, do you know who did this?" Remus asked, his voice firm.

"No...but I have an idea," Rose admitted.

"Tell me who," Remus demanded.

"Promise that you'll help them," Rose said.

"Rose, I-"

"You're awake!" Hermione yelled, interrupting Remus, who furrowed his eyebrows but stepped away. Hermione tackled Rose in a hug, being careful to not hurt the baby on her chest.

"You look like you just gave birth. You're in a hospital holding a baby," Ron snorted as he sat in the chair Remus had previously occupied. Harry nervously sat next to Rose. Arabella reached out and grabbed his glasses off his face.

"Don't be stupid," Rose said with an eyeroll. Harry didn't even avert his eyes like he did the day before because he was so worried about her. The teens stayed for about an hour before it was time for the next class.

"We should go," Hermione sighed.

"No, you guys go," Harry mumbled.

"C'mon, mate, you don't want to miss class," Ron said, although he obviously didn't care.

"I want him to stay," Rose said softly. His hand hadn't left hers since he got there, and she didn't want it to.

"We'll just...go," Hermione said as she grabbed Arabella from Rose. Remus looked like he didn't want to, but he followed Hermione and Ron out of the hospital wing.

"If Ron mentions kids one more time, I'm gonna kill him," Rose joked. Harry let out a small laugh too.

"He knows just what to say to get under people's skins," Harry agreed. He sent her a smile that made her feel weak and she blushed, which made him smirk a little.

"I love you," Rose whispered as she moved to kiss him.

"I love you too," Harry said as he connected their lips. Madam Pomfrey let out an awkward cough so they separated with red cheeks. Harry laid down on the bed, and Rose laid next to him, using him as a pillow.

"It's kinda weird that our friends think we'll be together forever? And the way they talk about our....our future kids," Harry asked as he traced random patterns into Rose's back. "I mean, we haven't even been dating for a year and you're not even sixteen."

"Yeah, but I don't think our lives have ever not been weird," Rose said, her mind going to the prophecy. She knew that they were soulmates, so talking about kids and marriage with Harry didn't seem like that big of a deal. "We both have prophecies about us and our family life is crazy. It only makes sense that our relationship is weird too."

"Yeah...it doesn't even feel weird to talk to you about kids. It's like...like I know we'll be together forever," Harry said, sounding awkward. "That's stupid, I know, but-"

"It's not stupid," Rose interrupted. "I feel the same way."

Harry grinned and gave her a small kiss.

"When can you leave?" Harry asked.

"Umm...probably about thirty minutes," Rose answered. Harry nodded and started playing with her hair.

"I thought you were gonna die. You grabbed the necklace and then it threw you so far and so hard. And you stopped moving," Harry said. Rose groaned as she sat up and moved so she was straddling him. She grabbed his face in her hands and squeezed his cheeks together.

"I can't die, you idiot," Rose reminded him. Harry reached behind his head and grabbed the pillow, hitting Rose in the face with it. She grabbed her face in shock and Harry quickly sat up and pulled her into his chest, leaning his body back so they were laying down again. Rose moved so she was cuddled into his side.

"In the heat of the moment it can be hard to remember that," Harry said softly. Rose leaned up and gave his jaw a soft kiss before cuddling even closer to him.

"I'll never leave you," Rose promised. "I'll always be by your side."

"Always?"

"Always."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Remus had left not long after Rose was able to leave the hospital wing. He got a stern talking to by Rose, telling him to grow up and accept that he likes Tonks and she likes him. Remus promised to talk to Tonks, but Rose wasn't so sure he would actually have the conversation.

Tillie's kittens were doing really good. Sirius and Marlene had agreed to take one of them, and Tonks had as well. Ron had written to his parents, and they agreed to take one to keep the mice away. Lavender had fallen in love with one of the kittens, so she would be taking that one. Harry would be taking the last one, even though he didn't really want one. However, Rose sent him a pleading look and he immediately agreed. Since the kittens were so young, they lived in a large box in Rose's dorm with Tillie and Crookshanks constantly looking after them.

Harry had a lesson with Dumbledore that afternoon and he wasn't able to tell his friends about it until the next day when they were walking down to Herbology. Luckily for Rose, no one knew that she had touched the same necklace as Katie, so she didn't have to pretend to be hurt. Apparently, Mcgonagall had placed a small spell on Leanne to make her forget that Rose had been hurt, so she didn't have to worry about that either.

"So Voldemort grew up at an orphanage and Dumbledore was the one to get him to come to Hogwarts?" Rose asked, slipping on the wet grass a little. The brutal wind and snow had gone away for a while, and was replaced by a harsh mist. Harry slipped his arm around Rose's waist after she almost fell for the fifth time.

"Yep," Harry confirmed.

"It's a weird thought, the boy You-know-who," Ron said as they stood around their plant in the greenhouse. "I wonder why Dumbledore is showing you this stuff. It's interesting and all, but what's the point?"

"Dunno," Harry said as he messed with the gnarled Snargaluff stump. "He says it's all important and it'll help me survive."

"I think it's fascinating," Hermione said. "It makes sense, too. You have to know as much as possible about Voldemort to find his weakness."

"How was Slughorn's latest party?" Harry asked Hermione and Rose.

"It was kinda fun," Rose admitted. After many requests from Hermione, Rose had agreed to continue going to the suppers.

"He drones on about ex pupils the whole time, and he fawns on McLaggen because he's so well connected, but he gave us nice food and introduced us to Gwenog Jones," Hermione added.

"Gwenog Jones?" Ron gasped as his eyes went wide. "The captain of the Holyhead Harpies?"

"Yeah, but she was kinda full of herself," Rose said with a shrug.

"Enough chitchat!" Professor Sprout said briskly as she walked over to the quartet. "You're lagging behind! Neville already has his first pod!"

Neville had quite a few scratches on his face and arms, but he was proudly holding a green object the size of a grapefruit.

"We're starting now," Ron assured the porfessor. She nodded and turned away. "Should've used muffliato."

"No we shouldn't!" Hermione said angrily. Muffliato was another charm from Harry's potions book. This one made people hear a dull ringing, allowing for private conversations.

"I agree," Rose said. She was still upset that Harry had used the levicorpus spell on her, and the book made her slightly anxious. "Let's get to work."

The second they touched the stump it burst into life. Rose squealed as a vine grabbed her curly hair. Harry quickly cut the vine away as Ron and Hermione were able to make a hole in the vines. With a terrified squeal, Rose reached her hand in and grabbed the pod. The vines immediately retreated back.

"I'm never doing that again," Rose panted.

"Pass me a bowl," Hermione said. Harry passed her the bowl and Rose was able to drop the pulsing pod into it.

"Don't be squeamish, squeeze them out. They're best when they're fresh!" Professor Sprout called out.

"Anyway," Hermione said. "Slughorn is having a Christmas party and there's no say you'll be able to avoid it."

"He's asked us about your free evenings just so he could plan it," Rose said.

"And this is another party just for Slughorn's favorites?" Ron practically spat as he tried to squeeze the pod.

"Just for the Slug Club, yes," Hermione confirmed. The pod slipped away from Ron and hit a window. Harry hurried off to get it as Ron and Hermione started arguing.

"Arguing again," Rose huffed to Harry as they tried to squeeze the pod.

"We're allowed to bring guests and I was going to invite you!" Hermione told Ron. "But if you think it's that stupid then I won't bother!"

"What's up with them?" Harry whispered to Rose as Ron and Hermione continued arguing.

"She likes him," Rose whispered back.

"I think he likes her," Harry said. Rose let out a happy squeal, causing Harry to grin at her. Unfortunately, he had also been hitting the pod with a small hammer, and he missed and hit the bowl, causing it to shatter. Hermione and Ron finally stopped arguing.

"Hit it with something sharp," Hermione said, her cheeks red.

The rest of the lesson passed by quickly. They were able to get multiple pods and squeeze out the insides.

Since Katie was going to be in St. Mungo's for an unknown amount of time, Harry asked Dean to take her place in the quidditch team. Unfortunately, many people were upset at the choice, but Harry didn't care. Harry informed Rose that Dean worked really well with the team, and the major problem was Ron. He would get freaked out and yell at the team and when he caught Ginny and Dean snogging, he became even angrier. Ron even asked Harry if he thought Hermione had snogged Krum, to which Rose knew that the answer was yes. Overall, Ron was acting angry with the world.

"You ready?" Rose asked Harry. It was the morning of the first match, and he was paler than usual.

"I'm good," Harry said, although his voice was slightly shaky. Rose placed a gentle kiss to his jaw. She knew that he was nervous since this was his first game as captain.

"It's gonna be fine," Rose assured him. He smiled down at her and kissed her forehead.

"None of that!" A familiar voice said as a body shoved its way in between them.

"Dad!" Rose gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"Did you really think I would miss my godsons first game as captain?" Sirius said with a scoff as he threw his arms over Harry and Rose's shoulders. Rose frowned a little when she saw Lavender scoot farther away from her dad, but Rose had grown to not care much about Lavender.

"And Dumbledore let you come?" Harry asked happily.

"It took a lot of convincing," Marlene said as she sat next to Rose, having been slowed down by the twins. Rose happily reached out and cuddled a smiling Arabella to her chest.

"Yeah, we need your invisibility cloak again," Sirius said with a smirk. Harry's eyes went wide with excitement and happiness.

"They're here too?" Harry asked. Sirius nodded and Harry quickly ran off to get his cloak.

"So, touch any necklaces recently?" Marlene asked Rose, who quickly blushed.

"I'm fine," Rose said.

"Oh, Mr. And Mrs. Black!" Hermione gasped as she sat at the table.

"It's Sirius and Marlene, Hermione," Marlene said fondly. "You're practically family, there's no need to be formal."

Hermione blushed as Harry came back, Ron following not far behind. As always, Ron was not very happy.

"Cheer up, Ron!" Lavender called. "I know you'll be brilliant!"

Ron ignored Lavender as he sat down across from Sirius and Marlene, barely nodding in their direction.

"Dumbledore saw me in the hall and got the cloak," Harry said when he saw Sirius send him a questioning look. Sirius nodded happily and grabbed a chocolate chip muffin, only for Rose to slap his hand as he was grabbing the last one. Sirius pouted and grabbed a blueberry muffin instead.

"You want something to drink?" Harry asked Ron.

"Anything," Ron said glumly. Harry reached forward and grabbed some pumpkin juice. Rose watched as he glanced to make sure that Sirius and Marlene weren't watching as he took something out of his pocket and poured it into the glass before handing it to Ron.

"Don't drink that, Ron!" Hermione yelled.

"Why not?" Ron asked.

"You put something in that drink," Hermione said to Harry.

"Harry James Potter!" Marlene gasped.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Harry lied. Rose sneakily stuck her hand in his pocket and pulled out a sealed vial of Felix Felicis. Harry sent her a smirk as she put the vial back in his pocket, a proud smirk on her lips.

"Harry, did you put anything in his drink?" Sirius asked.

"Of course not," Harry said, but his voice made him seem like he was telling a lie. Ron glanced between his drink and Hermione before downing the drink in one go.

"Ron!" Hermione huffed angrily.

"Confunded anyone recently?" Harry asked Hermione, who blushed and stopped talking. Marlene was looking at Harry with narrowed eyes as Sirius smirked. He had seen that the vial was completely full.

"It's nearly time to start the game," Sirius said as he stood up. A first year squealed and dived under the table, causing Sirius to frown. Marlene handed him Sebastian, and Rose knew it was to make him look less frightening. While he looked healthy and kind, his tattoos were obvious and his eyes still held the ghosts of his past.

"Let's go," Marlene said, a frown on her face. Everyone except for Ron and Harry stood up.

"Good luck," Rose whispered to Harry as she leaned down and gave him a kiss, causing Sirius to start fake coughing, only to wheeze when Marlene hit him in the stomach.

"Thanks," Harry whispered back as he gave her another kiss. He gave a giggling Arabella a kiss on the cheek before Rose joined the group walking out to the pitch.

"So you guys are good again?" Sirius asked as Rose walked next to him.

"Yep," Rose said happily.

"There he is!" Sirius boomed as he ran up to a large stag. Many students were staring at the stag in confusion, but they quickly ran off when they saw Sirius run up to it. Marlene sighed and then stumbled back. Rose held back a laugh, knowing that her mum had run into Lily wearing the invisibility cloak.

Since James was in stag form, the large group was forced to sit at the bottom of the stands. Many students asked how they got a stag to behave so well, and Sirius made up the craziest lies he could.

"Where's Malfoy?" Hermione asked as the teams came out onto the field. Rose frowned and saw that he wasn't on the field.

"I don't know," Rose mumbled anxiously.

"Remus mentioned a friend of yours needs some help," Sirius whispered to Rose. "Could he be that friend?"

"I'd rather not talk here," Rose said. Sirius frowned a little but nodded. Within minutes, he was more focused on the quidditch game. Every time Gryffindor would score, James would make a happy grunt and start dancing, causing many students to laugh. Zacharias Smith was commentating, and Hermione had to hold Rose back at some points. The boy was being absolutely horrible things about Harry, and even James seemed upset. Ron was playing brilliantly, so Harry's plan had worked.

"He sees it!" Hermione gasped. Rose watched as Harry dived down and quickly shot past the Slytherin seeker and  caught the golden snitch. Cheers immediately filled the arena as Harry flew around with the snitch clasped in his hand.

"That's my boy!"

No one seemed to notice Ginny crashing into the commentators podium. They were too busy watching the stag turn into James Potter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 286 15
Where Harry James Potter hopelessly pines after a girl and won't stop asking her out. When history repeats itself and a certain arrogant boy with eme...
14.9K 234 25
Alexa Lupin a mega-witch like her mother and werewolf like her father She was far stronger then any witch or wizard to have ever existed with her mot...
196K 5.1K 44
It was in 1977 with the Marauders era when James Potter tried to get Lily-pa- I MEAN Lily Evans to go out with him but declined him saying she doesn'...
162 0 33
This is a collection of Harry Potter One-shot Fanfics. I have used ChatGPT as a creative assistant in my efforts to learn more about the capabilities...