She belongs with me

By heavenlyxmoon

'I know you want this just as bad as I do,' he mumbles as his fingertips stroke against my cheek, towards my... More

She belongs with me
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
on hold
47
48
49
Epilogue

25

3.5K 135 12
By heavenlyxmoon

{Olivia}

'Hey,' I greet my best friend as I sit down at my usual spot next to her in class.

'Hey,' Nora greets me back, smiling.

'How did things go with Isaac?' I ask her, searching for the right books in my bag. I asked her yesterday, but she said she would tell me in person.

'We talked, a lot,' Nora tells me. 'And eventually I told him.'

'What did he say?'

'That he understands why I've been so closed off and that he was sorry for cutting things off with me.'

'So, you're okay now?' I ask for conformation. It sounds like they are but you never know.

'We're better than okay,' Nora says, smiling as she bites her lip in order to hide it. 'We're official'

'Oh my god, really?' I exclaim. 'That's great!' Nora nods and tucks a piece of her dark brown curls behind her ear.

'I still can't believe it,' she mumbles. 'I've known Isaac for quite some time now. Well, I knew who he was, but it never occurred once to me that maybe we could get together. Not until your party.'

'My party was the best,' I say, flipping my hair dramatically. I know that's not true, but we can pretend. It was a good one for Isaac and Nora. For Caleb, it was a mess.

'Have you talked to Liam?' Nora asks me and I shake my head.

'I'm thinking about going to him after school,' I say. 'But I should probably text him first to ask if that's okay.' I don't want to barge in there while he's sleeping or something. He has to rest a lot and I respect that.

'You have to let me know how it went, though,' Nora says as I grab my phone.

'Of course,' I mumble, clicking on Liams name.

[8.28 AM]

Hey, we need to talk. So can I come over after school?

[8.30 AM]

Yeah, sure. I'll see you then

I would lie if I said I'm not nervous. I don't know where his head is at. I don't know if he still wants to be with me or not. I hate that I might have to disappoint him, but there's something there with Caleb I can't ignore.

Later that day I'm standing in front of Liam's house, biting my lip as I stare at the doorbell. I feel like I can shit myself at any moment now, but I have to do this. I breathe deeply in and out and press the doorbell. The door opens seconds later and Astrid is standing in front of me.

'Hi, I came to see Liam,' I say to her.

'Yeah, he told me you would stop by,' Astrid says, stepping aside so I can walk in. 'Please, be careful around him. He hasn't exactly had an easy time.'

'I'm sorry that I hurt him,' I tell Astrid. 'I really loved him, but-'

'It's okay,' Astrid assures me, giving me a soft smile. 'You've always been good to him. Liam made a mistake. I just hoped he learned from it. Besides, you can't choose who you fall in love with. I just hope he makes you happy.'

'Thank you for understanding,' I say, smiling.

'Liam is in his room,' Astrid says before she walks away. I slowly walk up the stairs and stop in front of Liams door.

Here goes nothing...

I gently knock on the wood before I open the door, to find Liam lying in his bed.

'Hey,' I greet him. 'Can I come in?' He nods and watches me as I walk into his room, closing the door behind me. It feels like ages since I last came here. The last time I was in his room, we had a fight which didn't end well. Liam slowly sits up straight and I sit down on the bed.

'How are you?' I ask him.

'I'm alright,' he mumbles, shrugging his shoulders. 'It just sucks I can't go anywhere.' I nod understandingly.

'Olivia, just tell me what you wanted to say to me,' Liam says as I look around the room, avoiding eye contact.

'We've been in a relationship for two years,' I say to Liam, looking up at him. 'And it's been great, but I think it's time for something new. I have strong feelings for Caleb that I can't ignore, and then there's the fact that you cheated on me...'

'You know I'm sorry about that,' Liam says. 'I still love you Liv, I always have.' His blue eyes are full of regret and I feel guilty for what I'm about to say. I don't want to hurt him, I really don't, but there's no other way.

'I know,' I whisper. 'I just... Caleb and I...'

'I get that you want to see how things are with someone else,' Liam mumbles as he grabs my hand. 'But we've been together for two years. Do you know how all of this feels for me? I went after you after our fight because I felt bad, I wanted to make it up to you. And well, I ended up in the hospital, but everything I know is that we just had a stupid fight. And then I woke up, and expected you to come running into my arms, but you didn't. It hurt me Olivia. I don't know what went down between you and Caleb while I was in coma, but I know that we had something special.'

'We did,' I mumble, wiping the tears out of my eyes. 'But I would be lying to myself if I go further with you. Caleb has been there for me and I really started to like him.'

'Do you really wanna throw two years away because of a guy you just met?' Liam asks me. 'I bet he just wants to get in your pants.'

'He isn't like that,' I defend him as I pull my hand out of Liams grip. Liam looks at me for a moment before he laughs and shakes his head.

'Don't tell me you already hooked up with him,' he says. I stay quiet and look at the floor.

'Olivia, what the hell?' Liam hisses.

'Why is it such a big deal?' I mumble.

'Wow, he has really gotten into your head,' Liam says, shaking his head. 'Olivia, wake up. He doesn't give a shit about you. Do you know he slept with Amy?'

'What?' I feel my mouth drop open. He wouldn't... Would he?

'Amy told me,' Liam explains. 'Do you still think Caleb is the one?'

'I'll talk to him about it,' I say, trying not to let it get to my head. I need to focus on Liam right now.

'I don't want to be on bad terms with you,' I mumble. 'I care about you, Liam. You know that.'

'What do you expect?' Liam asks me. 'That we can still be friends? Because I can't, Olivia.'

'I don't know,' I whisper, lowering my gaze.

'I can't give up on us,' Liam admits, gently lifting my chin so I look at him. 'Olivia, I love you so much. How am I supposed to move on?' I sigh and close my eyes for a second. What the hell did I get myself into?

'You have to let me go,' I murmur, slowly pulling myself away from him. Liam shakes his head.

'I will fight for you,' he says. 'I'm not giving up on you that easily. I know there's still something there.'

'Liam, please,' I beg him, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. 'Don't make this any harder. I'm sure you can find a girl that's right for you.'

'You are!' Liam says, grabbing my hand. 'You proved that to me these last two years. You are the right girl for me and I am the right guy for you. I'll do anything for you. Hell, I'll even stop talking to Amy. Olivia, I want back what we had.' I shake my head and wipe the tears out of my eyes.

'I should leave,' I mumble, getting up from his bed. 'I'm so sorry about everything Liam. But it's time we both go our own way.'

'So that's it?' Liam says. 'You're just giving up on us? On everything we had?'

'I'm sorry,' I whisper.

'He's gonna break your heart,' he mumbles.

'Maybe,' I agree. 'But I have to give him a chance. I really care about him and I know he cares about me too.' Liam shakes his head, but doesn't say anything as I leave his room.

I thought talking to Liam would make me feel better, but I don't. If anything, I feel even worse. I feel guilty and broken.

When I get downstairs I decide to quickly say goodbye to Astrid. She has always been nice to me, so it would only be fair to thank her for everything.

'Hey, are you okay?' Astrid asks me as soon as she sees me. I shrug my shoulders and bite my lip.

'We're officially over,' I mumble and she gives me a compassionate look.

'I know it's hard,' she says. 'Especially when Liam is so determined to fight for you. But he'll get over it, eventually.'

'I just hope he'll find someone who's good for him,' I say.

'I'll make sure of that,' Astrid says. 'She needs to have my approval too.' We both laugh and Astrid pulls me in a hug.

'It's okay, Olivia,' she assures me. 'Not everything is gonna last.'

'Thank you for everything,' I say to her. 'You've been so nice to me.'

'Of course,' she says. 'I'll always be here for you. I can imagine how hard it is with your parents getting a divorce.'

'Thanks,' I smile as I pull back. This woman is literally an angel and I'm so grateful to have met her. I hope Liams next girlfriend will appreciate her. She deserved the world.

'I have to go now,' I say. 'My mother is probably waiting for me for dinner.' Astrid nods and gives me one last hug before I leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 144 44
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
8.8M 151K 36
(18+) "My mom is coming home any minute" I moan against his lips, my hands tugging up his shirt that covered his tone body "Ya sรจ" His deep, sexy v...
97.2K 2.2K 30
โœ“ COMPLETED โœ“ Started: 20th NOV 2020 Finished: 13th DEC 2020 EDITING! After the love of her life leaves her for good, Carlota Santiago has to strugg...
2.1M 56.4K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...