Whatever It Takes ~ larry mpr...

By bestwriterever8

[FINISHED 2017] Louis Tomlinson always wanted to have children. At the age of 29 and after years of failed re... More

Whatever it takes
Prologue
2. It was all so unlike him
3. He'll be okay, right?
4. Choco ice cream it is
5. It's a very simple procedure
6. You two need to stop this nonsense
7. I can offer you another solution
8. It's a big boy kind of thing
9. Just wait and see
10. I'm on fire today!
11. He has his own style
12. Please don't bring it up again
13. How can that happen?
14. Patience is a virtue
15. Do whatever your heart tells you is right
16. You had a front row seat
17. I won't hesitate for even a second
18. There's no coming back from this
19. Why are you so stubborn?
20. Let's move on to the next problem
21. That's how it works
22. If you make a sudden move he's going to run away
23. Happy day!
24. Only time will tell
25. It's not a big deal
26. I'm trying
27. What's wrong with people lately?
28. Don't leave me
29. It will get better
30. What kind of reaction is that?
31. Shocking, huh?
32. No regrets
33. Don't make promises you can't keep
34. Home sweet home
35. No funny business
36. I'm bad at riddles
37. We never lost hope
38. Stop pretending
39. Don't lie to me
40. I'm sorry
41. It's only the truth
42. I'm more than ready
43. Can I ask you a question?
44. I hate your stupid eyes
45. Is this real?
46. It was inevitable
47. I'm always on your side
48. It was so real
49. Why are you so happy?
50. He looks older
51. Please believe it
52. You don't care about me
53. Where do I sign?
54. No needles
55. You want the truth?
56. I think it's time
57. I love you
58. It's not over yet
59. Stupid life
60. Can I leave?
61. The cherry on top of a messy life
62. I'm not going through this lunch without alcohol
63. What about what I want?
64. Be strong
65. Let's not go there
66. Take it or leave it
67. The best year of my life
68. I don't want to get your hopes up
69. You're everything I need
70. I'm always thinking about it
71. Happy anniversary
72. Forever
Epilogue
Not an update, just an announcement

1. Papa and Matty

71.6K 2.5K 3.9K
By bestwriterever8

March, 2015

Louis awoke when he felt someone crawl inside the bed next to him, and then that same someone lifted his arm and cuddled against him. He opened his eyes and looked down and saw a little head resting on his chest.

Louis couldn't help but smile, ever since he changed his son's crib for a bed, he did this when he woke up before Louis, which was almost every day. He wasn't one of those kids who jumped on the bed to wake up their parents, he just got inside his bed and cuddled with his papa until he woke up.

Louis looked at the alarm clock on his nightstand, it was 7 A.M on the first free Sunday he'd had in months.

"Morning Matty" Louis said sleepily and kissed his head.

"Hi papa" Matty said looking up, he had the most beautiful green eyes in the world, and he had them wide open.

"You want to sleep a little more or you want breakfast?" Louis asked him hoping for the first.

"Bweaky!" Matty cheered.

Louis internally groaned, he wanted to sleep more, he got home late last night, there was a big wedding he had organized, and he had to be there to supervise everything.

"Okay let's go" he said and got out of the bed.

"Papa up!" Matty said standing on the bed and lifting his arms for Louis to carry him.

"You're getting a little big for this monkey" Louis said but picked him up and placed him on his hip.

"No, I papa's baby" Matty replied

"That you are" Louis said and poked his little nose "You want to go potty before breakfast?".

Louis checked his nappy from the outside, it seemed dry. Matty was pretty much potty trained already, but he still wore nappies at night to avoid accidents. During the day he was usually a good boy and he let Louis or his nanny know that he had to use the potty.

"Yes pwease" Matty answered nodding his head.

After that was done, Louis put Matty on his hip again and they went to the kitchen to have breakfast.

"What do you wanna eat today baby?" Louis asked his son.

"Mmm" Matty put on his thinking face, it was the cutest "Ewgs...no... Cheers!".

Cheers were cheerios, he loved them.

"Good choice Matty" Louis said while he walked inside the kitchen.

"Yay" Matty smiled.

Matty was a very happy boy, he was always smiling, showing his cute dimple on his right cheek.

"Okay, let's get you in your chair" Louis said walking to it.

"Nooo" Matty said wrapping his little arms on Louis's neck.

"Come on monkey, I won't be able to make you breakfast if you don't sit in your chair" Louis said trying to get his arms away from his neck.

Matty huffed but let Louis sit him down.

"Don't be grumpy" Louis said and tickled him a little until he giggled "That's better".

He grabbed the cheerios and put some in Matty's little cereal bowl, he poured plenty of milk and then he put the bowl in front of Matty.

"Thank papa" Matty said and picked up his little spoon and started eating away.

When Matty ate, his full attention was on his food, so as much as Louis tried to talk to him at breakfast, he didn't reply until he finished. So while Louis ate his own cereal, he just watched him, making sure he didn't make a mess, which rarely happened.

As far as Louis was concerned Matty was the cutest 2 year old that had ever existed; he had Louis's exact same skin color, and his caramel colored hair, and now that it was a little long, it was starting to curl around the ends. He also had Louis's nose and his ears, and he had pouty lips and chubby cheeks that Louis could kiss and pinch all day if he could. He was perfect.

"Done" Matty said when he finished his cheerios.

"Was it good monkey?" Louis asked.

Matty nodded eagerly and wiggled in his chair to get Louis to get him out of there.

"Go play in your room while I clean up here" Louis told him and placed him on the floor.

"Kay papa" he said and ran to his room.

Louis cleaned up the kitchen and then went to find Matty, he wanted to talk to him about something. He walked into his room and he saw his baby sitting at the little table that was set up in the corner of his room, he was drawing with his markers.

"We're drawing?" Louis asked him sitting on the other tiny chair that was there.

"Uh-huh" Matty replied.

He stopped using the red marker, put the lid on and then grabbed the blue one. Matty was like that, very neat, everytime he stopped using something he put it away, he didn't like messes, which was very strange for a two year old. He certainly hadn't inherited that from Louis.

"What are you drawing?".

"Papa and Matty" he replied concentrating in his drawing, his tongue was even sticking out on the side.

"Matty I want us to have a little chat about something" Louis was nervous about what he was going to ask his son "Can you stop drawing for a minute?"

"Kay" he said and put the lid on the blue marker, he was such a good little boy.

Matty looked up at Louis expectantly and Louis picked him up from his chair and walked with him to the bed and sat there with Matty on his lap.

"You know how Violet and Nora are sisters and Jace is their brother?" Louis asked.

Matty nodded eagerly "We go unc Ni house?".

"Not today Matty" Louis replied.

"Bu' wanna pway wif Jace" Matty pouted.

"Okay, maybe we'll go later" Louis gave in.

"Yay" Matty cheered.

Jace was his idol, Matty loved following him around and copying everything he did and he always wanted to play with him. Surprisingly, Jace really liked playing with Matty, even if he was almost two years older than him, he treated Matty like the little brother he didn't have but wanted.

"Okay but we're diverting the conversation" Louis said.

"Huh?" Matty scrunched up his little face in confusion.

Louis shook his head, he was probably confused because of the words he had used.

"Okay, so you know what brothers and sisters are, right?" Louis asked him.

"Yeah" Matty nodded.

"So my question is, what would you think about having a baby brother or sister?" Louis asked.

Matty frowned at Louis and shook his head.

This reaction was what he had been afraid of. Ever since Matty turned 2, three months ago, he had been thinking about having another baby, but he wasn't going to do it if Matty wasn't okay with it.

"You'd have someone to play with all the time" Louis pointed out.

"No" Matty shook his head again.

"Why not baby?" Louis asked him while he played with his soft hair.

"Papa mine" he said wrapping his little arms around Louis.

"But I'd still be yours monkey, the only difference is that there would be a baby" Louis said smiling at his son.

"I baby! You no wove me?" Matty asked and his bottom lip started to tremble and his eyes filled with tears.

"Of course I love you Matty, I'll always love you, and you're always going to be my baby" Louis gave him a big hug.

"Wove you papa" Matty sobbed.

"Monkey don't cry, it's okay, forget about what I said" Louis said "There won't be another baby if you don't want it".

"No baby?" he asked rubbing his left eye with his fist.

"No, unless you tell me it's okay" Louis said "So whenever you're ready to have a brother or sister you tell me, okay?"

Matty nodded and cuddled against Louis.

"You wanna keep drawing now?" Louis asked.

"No".

"You wanna cuddle with papa in his bed and watch a movie?"

"Yes pwease".

Louis stood up from Matty's bed with him in his arms, went to his room and he got in the bed with his son, covering them both with the bedspread and put on Nemo on Netflix, Matty loved that movie. Actually, Louis loved it too, he thought it represented his and Matty's life perfectly; it was just father and son against the world, and Louis, as Marlin, would to anything for his little Matty, even if it meant swimming the entire ocean to save him.

They both fell asleep at some point during the movie, and Louis only woke up when his phone rang.

"Hello?" he answered groggily without looking at the called i.d.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" someone with an Irish accent asked, Niall.

"Yeah, but it's alright, Matty and I fell asleep watching a movie" Louis said.

He looked next to him and saw Matty sleeping on his back, his mouth slightly open.

"Did he wake you up at 8?" Niall laughed.

"At 7" Louis sighed "What time is it now?".

"It's noon. That's why I was calling actually, do you want to come to mine for lunch? It's just me and the kids, Liam was called into the hospital" Niall explained.

"Didn't you have like two events today at lunch?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, but they were both kind of small and I left everything ready of Friday, so there was no need for me to go. I still sent sent Jesy and Sophia to supervise just in case".

"It's a good thing to be the boss, right?" Louis chuckled.

"The best" Niall agreed "So lunch?".

"Yeah sure, Matty was saying earlier that he wanted to play with Jace" said Louis "Should I bring anything?"

"Dessert? Maybe it could be ice cream from that new ice cream parlor around the corner of your flat? The kids have been pestering me about it since you took them there last week" Niall replied.

"Yeah sure" Louis agreed.

"Alright, see you soon" Niall said.

"Okay, Bye".

Louis stretched on the bed, and reluctantly got up, being careful not to wake up Matty, and he went yo the bathroom to take a shower.

"Monkey wake up" Louis whispered to his son after he was done getting ready.

"No papa" Matty groaned.

"Then I'll have to call uncle Niall and tell him we won't be going to his house for lunch" Louis said "Poor Jace will have to play footie alone".

Matty opened his green eyes and looked at Louis with horror.

"I up papa" Matty said quickly standing on the bed "We go now?".

Louis smiled at him, his eagerness was adorable.

"Let's get you out of your jammies and into clothes first, okay?" Louis proposed.

The little boy nodded and jumped of the bed and ran to his room, Louis following him.

"What do you want to wear Matty?" Louis asked while he took undies and socks for Matty from the dresser.

"Same papa pwease" he replied.

"Okay baby".

That was a frequent answer, Matty loved wearing similar clothes to Louis. So he went to the closet and took out a pair of little black jeans, a white tshirt that had a picture of Mickey Mouse in the front (Louis's was plain white, but it was almost the same thing), Matty's black vans that were exactly like his own and a gray jumper.

"Papa no that" Matty said, he had been standing next to Louis watching him as he took out the clothes.

"No what? This is just like what I'm wearing" Louis explained putting everything on the bed.

"You no wear jump-ah" Matty said following his father.

"I'm going to put mine on when we go out" Louis replied and started taking Matty's pajamas off "Arms up".

"Same colour?" the toddler wondered obeying Louis's instructions

"Yes baby, same colour" Louis nodded.

"Kay" Matty replied.

Louis finished getting Matty ready and they headed out, they went to pick up the ice cream first and then they drove to Niall and Liam's place. They lived in a very posh neighborhood, in a big house that had been Liam's parents wedding gift for them, because yes, they were filthy rich, Liam's father owned an insurance company that had presence all over Great Britain. When Niall first started dating Liam and he learned that particular detail about him, he was afraid they weren't going to like him, thinking they were going to be your typical snobbish and judgmental family. Liam told him not to worry, that they were okay with him being gay and that they wouldn't care that Niall didn't come from a wealthy family, and to Niall's surprise (and Louis's) he had been right, they were really nice people and they had welcomed Niall with open arms to the family.

Louis parked his car outside the big house, took Matty out of his chair and walked up to the door holding Matty's hand and rang the doorbell. Niall opened the door a couple of seconds later

"Hey Lou, come in" Niall said making room at the door "Hi Matty".

"Thanks's mate" Louis said walking in, Matty walked beside him still holding his hand "Say hi to uncle Ni monkey".

"Hi unc Ni" Matty said with a smile while Louis took off his jacket.

"Don't you look cute dressed just like your papa" Niall cooed at the little boy once the jacket was off.

Matty gave him a other smile, and then he ran inside the house like he owned the place.

"Sorry about him, I thought I'd taught him better manners" Louis shook his head and started to walk in the direction Matty went to.

"Hey leave him, this is like his second home, he knows where everything is and he probably went to find Jace" Niall brushed it off "Come to the kitchen with me, lunch's almost ready".

"Uhm... okay" Louis said following Niall into the kitchen "I brought the ice cream by the way. Matty insisted it had to be chocolate, I hope that's okay with everyone".

"It's perfect, you should put it in the freezer" Niall said while he checked the oven.

"Right" Louis replied and he did that "Do you want me to set the table?".

"No, I already did that, the plates are the only thing missing" Niall said "Just sit there and keep me company".

"Oki doki".

"So what's up with you? Met anyone at the wedding last night?" Niall asked while he took the plates from a cupboard.

"I was working, in case you forgot, so the answer is no" Louis rolled his eyes "Besides, I don't want to meet anyone, I've told you I'm done with dating".

"But Louis...".

"Ni I suck at relationships, I think that's been established throughout the years. What I'm good at, and what I love, is being a father" said Louis.

"If you meet someone you could have another baby" Niall suggested.

"I can have another baby without meeting anyone, that's how I did it the first time" Louis shrugged.

"You would do it like that a second time?" the blond wondered.

"Yeah, I actually already decided I want to have another one" Louis told his friend.

"Really? When did this happen?" Niall asked.

"Couple of months ago? I told Matty about it this morning, he didn't like the idea one bit, my poor baby thought I wanted to replace him".

"Are you sure Lou? Being a single father with two kids is going to be hard" said Niall.

"Yeah, but I think I can do it" Louis said confidently "And it won't be right away, I want Matty to be okay with having a sibling before I do anything, and considering the way he reacted today, it's not going to happen soon".

"I could get Jace to convince him, he keeps asking Liam and I for a brother" Niall said.

"That's an idea" Louis smiled "And by the way, you should just go ahead and have another one. You'll even things out, I've seen how the girls gang up on little Jace".

"Absolutely not, I'm done with that" Niall refused "And the girls don't gang up on Jace, and he has Matty anyway, he's like his little brother".

"It's not the same Ni, they don't see each other every day" Louis shook his head "If I were you I would have at least six kids already; you have a great husband who loves kids, a supporting family, this big house which still has empty rooms, not to mention a ton of money, there's nothing really stopping you".

"When did this conversation turn to me? We were talking about you, so let's go back to that" Niall proposed "Do you want to use the same sperm donor?".

"We're not done talking about your future babies" Louis said.

"Yes we are, because there won't be any future babies" Niall denied "So the donor?".

"We're going to revisit this subject in the future" Louis said pointing his finger at Niall "And to answer your question, yes, the same donor, I want my kids to be siblings on both sides".

"I think that's a good idea, that donor has good genes, Matty's a great kid".

"The greatest, but he's like that because of me" Louis replied with a smile.

"Sure, keep telling yourself that" Niall laughed and went to check the oven again.

"You're the worst best friend ever" Louis replied.

"Lunch's ready" Niall said ignoring Louis "I'll take the food to the table, can you get the kids to wash up?".

"They're in the play room?".

"That's where I left them".

Louis went to find the kids to said room which was in that same floor, near the living room. Niall had said it was supposed to be a study, but neither Liam nor Niall wanted to use it as a study, so they set it up as a play room. It was a pretty cool room, Louis would have loved to have that when he was growing up.

He got all four kids to the bathroom and helped then wash their hands and then took them to the table to have lunch. After they ate the lasagna Niall cooked, they had the chocolate ice cream Louis brought, which the kids devoured.

"Papa?".

It was Jace walking into the kitchen with Matty following, Niall and Louis had just finished putting everything away.

"Yes love?" Niall asked.

"We wanna play footie outside" Jace said.

Matty stood next to him nodding his head agreeing with Jace. He looked so cute Louis just had to pick him up and kiss his cheek, and Matty just let him.

"Okay go get your new football with Matty and uncle Louis, I'll go get a jacket for you" Niall replied and before Louis couple asked he added "I'll bring Matty's too, and the girls in case they want to go out too".

"You have a new football Jace?" Louis asked while they went to the playroom, Matty was still in his arms.

"Daddy got it yesterday" Jace said while he nodded eagerly.

"Is it cool?" Louis asked.

"Yeah" Jace said "It's big boy football".

When they reached the room Jace went to find the football and Louis went to where the girls were playing.

"Girls, we're going to play outside, you want to come?".

"Yeah" Nora said eagerly forgetting all about her barbie.

"Vi?" Louis asked the older girl.

"Okay" she said but didn't seem too into it.

Jace then came running back holding a real size football; Matty was probable going to have trouble kicking it, he was too little.

"Okay let's go" Louis said.

"Papa pway?" Matty asked.

"Of course monkey" Louis replied while they walked to the sliding doors that led to the backyard where Niall was waiting.

Louis put Matty down and put on his little jacket and when everyone else was ready they headed to the back of the backyard were Liam had set up little goals for Jace to play baby football.

"Payne's against Tomlinson's?" Niall proposed.

"That's not fair, there's four of you and two of us" Louis replied.

"I can play with you and Matty uncle Lou" Nora said in her little voice.

"Perfect Nori, come join the Tomlinson's" Louis squatted opening up his arms for her.

Louis saw Matty frowning from the corner of his eye when Nora came running to him and hugged him, he really didn't like to share Louis with anyone.

"Papa mine!" Matty said and tried to pull Nora away from Louis, but he fell down on his butt instead and of course that's when the tears started.

Louis let go of Nora, who run back to Niall looking a little upset, and he scooped a crying Matty from the ground.

"It's okay Matty, you're fine, there's no need to cry" Louis said in a soothing voice.

But the little boy kept crying while he hugged Louis's neck tightly.

"You guys start without us" Louis said to Niall and his three kids "I'm gonna take Matty inside for a couple of minutes".

Niall nodded and Louis walked back inside and sat down on a sofa in the living room with Matty. He cried for a while longer only saying 'papa' between sobs while Louis shushed him and rubbed his back.

"You're okay now monkey?" Louis asked when Matty finally stopped.

The little boy nodded lightly.

"Matty I know you're upset, but that doesn't change that what you did outside was wrong" Louis said.

Matty didn't reply, so Louis gently made him look up at him.

"Do you know what you did wrong Matty?" Louis tried asking.

Matty mumbled something, but all Lou got were the words "Nowi" which was Nori and "papa".

"You shouldn't have tried to pull Nora like that, we don't ever do that, she was just giving me a hug because she's a nice girl" Louis explained.

Matty nodded, but he was still pouting.

"And what do we say when we do something wrong?" Louis asked.

"Sowy" Matty said in a small voice.

"That's right" Louis said "So we're going to go out there and you're going to say you're sorry to Nora, okay?".

"No papa, go home" Matty answered.

"We can go home after you say sorry" Louis replied.

He went back outside while he carried Matty on his hip, the little boy had his face hidden on Louis's shoulder. Niall and the kids where playing with the football but stopped when they saw Louis coming back.

"Is he okay?" Niall asked.

"Yeah" Louis replied "And there's something he wants to say to Nora".

Nora looked up at Louis, her brown eyes big, but Matty didn't say anything.

"Matty say you're sorry baby" Louis whispered in his ear.

The boy reluctantly lifted his head and turned around so he was looking down at Nora.

" 'M sowy" he said to her and hid his face again.

"Good boy" Louis whispered and kissed his head.

"It's okay Matty, Nora's not mad at you" Niall said "Right love?".

"Right papa" Nora nodded.

Matty didn't say anything and Louis decided they should go, Matty was probably going to stay like that for a couple of hours. Louis thanked Niall for lunch and said goodbye to everyone. Jace pouted when he realized Matty was not going to stay to play any longer, but Louis told him he was bringing Matty soon so they could play.

Louis headed back inside the house, and he was passing through the living room when he ran into Liam and they greeted each other.

"What's wrong with Matty?" Liam asked after they said hello.

"He's a little upset, so we're going home" Louis said.

"Oh that's too bad" Liam said as he rubbed Matty's back "Where's everyone?".

"They are out back playing footie" Louis answered.

They talked for a few more minutes and after they said goodbye, Liam headed outside to greet his family, and Louis could't help but watch. The minute the kids saw him they ran to him yelling 'daddy' and Liam gave a big bear hug to each of them, and then went to say hi to Niall with Jace still in his arms. Liam gave him husband a kiss, and they looked like a perfect poster family.

Louis sighed, of course he would have wanted to have a family like that, but he had long accepted that that wasn't going to be his life. He was happy just being him and Matty, he didn't need anybody else for his life to be complete.

He hugged his son tightly to his chest.

"I love you Matty".

------------------------

A.N. Did you like this first chapter?

What did you think about Matty and his relationship with Louis? What about Louis wanting to have more kids the unconventional way? Thought's on everything what happened in Niall's house?

Thank you everyone for reading! I hope it was worth it, please vote and comment, I always appreciate feedback, specially at the beginning of a story.

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 3.7K 25
Harry was in a happy relationship and had his life set straight until he finds out he can get pregnant...when he actually ends up pregnant. Hit with...
98K 2.4K 15
Harry and Louis have been trying to have a baby for ages but they haven't been lucky yet. The doctors tell them IVF is the only way but when that doe...
1.9M 85.5K 75
[FINISHED 2017] Who would want to be in the spotlight? Certainly, Louis wouldn't. He cherished his private life, and didn't want anyone to know about...
15.1K 593 27
Louis was very vocal about his love for Harry Styles going to every concert and documenting it on his social media what happens when louis gets surpr...