Family Matters

By SeekingAndromeda_

Ceres wasn't even born when she was taken away from her family who she now has no knowledge of. Her life with... More

Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Q & A
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Q & A #2
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Popularity Results
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
A Year With You
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Six
The End
More Family Matters
PART 2: Chapter One
PART 2: Chapter Two
PART 2: Chapter Three
PART 2: Chapter Four
PART 2: Chapter Five
PART 2: Chapter Six
PART 2: Chapter Seven
PART 2: Chapter Eight
PART 2: Chapter Nine
PART 2: Chapter Ten
PART 2: Chapter Eleven
New Book 😁

Chapter Fifty Five

11K 539 127
By SeekingAndromeda_

"This is just fucking pitiful" Max said as he looked at our brothers who were currently acting out of their wits.

"I seriously don't want to deal with this right now. It's two in the morning" Lucas muttered.

After the barbecue, Kade had suggested that he, Roman, Ares, and Lance go out somewhere. That somewhere I guess was a bar as the four were now hanging all over each other with flushed faces.

Roman was definitely holding on to himself better than the others but Kade and Ares were too far gone. What surprised me the most was that Lance seemed to be heavily affected as a dazed smile rested on his lips.

"I can't...what?...who said that?" Lance giggled a little as he continued to mutter incoherencies as he rested his hand on his forehead.

"What the...fuck are you...going on about?" Roman drawled out as he pushed Lance.

"Kade...stop tickling me!" Ares cried and Kade gave him a look.

"I'm nowhere near you..." Kade muttered with a shake of his head.

"And this is why the men of this household shouldn't be allowed to drink" Lucas said with a sigh.

"When the fuck did we get a puppy?" Lance asked as he looked at Bubble who was resting on the couch.

"That's not a puppy silly, it's a pillow" Kade said with a giggle and I quickly grabbed Bubble before he could clutch her to his chest and squeeze the life out of her.

I retreated to my sober brothers side where they were just watching the others with faces full of distaste.

"Let's just get this over with" Max heaved a sigh before walking over to Lance and Lucas followed going over to Roman.

"Keep an eye on them" Lucas said and I nodded.

As the two went to help the others to their rooms, I made sure to keep a careful watch over Kade and Ares as they somehow conversed with one another.

"And she was...really my ride or die, y'know?" Hiccups continued to escape from Kade as he talked.

"I guess she chose die" Ares said before giggling to himself and Kade had also began laughing.

Oh boy...

Thankfully, after a short while Max and Lucas had come back to get Kade and Ares.

"M-Maxi...you gon..na tuck me in...?" Kade asked as Max helped him up off the couch and Max gave an irritated look but said nothing as he all but dragged Kade up the stairs.

"Ares, are you talking to the wall...?" Lucas questioned as he saw Ares facing the wall and Ares turned to him.

"Listen here...I'm crazy but not crazy enough to...fucking talk to a wall" Ares was just about ready to pass out when Lucas had caught him.

Lucas just gave an irritated sigh before slinging Ares' arm around his shoulder and helping him up.

After making sure that the rest of my brothers were in their rooms safely, I headed back into my own room. I placed Bubble down on the floor and she took it upon herself to get comfy in the small bedded area I had laid down for her.

Crawling into my own bed, I grabbed my plush turtle before closing my eyes and letting a dreamless sleep take me.

~ Morning Time ~

Three of our brothers whom had gotten drunk the night before all sat in silence with their hands folded as Max and Lucas told them of how far gone they were.

Kade was still asleep upstairs. We had tried to wake him up to give him some medicine and water but he was basically dead and his bed was his coffin.

"I don't know how I let you guys talk me into that" Lance muttered.

"Us? You were the one wanting to have a drinking competition you light weight!" Ares exclaimed and Roman who was next to him winced are the sudden loud voice.

"Yeah but you were the one encouraging him" Roman said with a sigh and Ares blushed when hearing his actions from last night.

"Well I don't remember that, and if I don't remember it then it didn't happen" Ares said childishly as he crossed his arms.

Roman was about to say something but all of our attention was grabbed when the sound of a loud shriek entered our ears.

Then it was rushed footsteps so I turned and nearly screamed when seeing the disheveled appearance of Kade. He definitely looked worse for wear but the thing that stood out the most was the bright red zit on his forehead.

"Please tell me this thing on my head is not what I think it is!" Kade cried in a panic as he pointed to the zit on his forehead.

"Wow that thing is huge" Max said and Kade started stomping his feet on the ground like a child.

"This is not fucking acceptable! My flawless skin is blemished!!" Kade whined.

"It isn't that big" I said in hopes of soothing at least some of Kade's worries but I could tell my words fell on deaf ears as Kade continued to stare into his reflection with his mirror.

"You know, now that I think about it, you're always worried about your skin so I'm surprised you even wanted to go out drinking" Roman said.

"I planned on having one drink but then a certain someone decided they wanted to peer pressure me into a drinking contest!" Kade said and Lance raised an eyebrow.

"You were right on board with it, I don't understand why you're putting all the blame on me" Lance said as he looked at Kade unimpressed.

Kade just frowned before looking back into his mirror.

"And I'm out of my face masks, shit" Kade muttered. Kade's eyes flickered up to us and suddenly he was giving pleading eyes to us.

"Can one of you guys go to the store for me? I cannot let the public see me like this" Kade said.

"It isn't that big of a deal, Kade. You can hardly see that thing" Ares said and Kade frowned.

"Hardly means there's still a chance. If someone were to look close enough, I'd be ruined!" Kade replied and I just sighed.

Eventually Roman had given in and agreed despite probably still having a hangover and went out to go pick up some skin care products for Kade.

But unfortunately, Roman had picked up the wrong type (he thought any would be okay) and I had been dragged out to go with Kade to the mall.

"If you want something done right, you've gotta do it yourself" Kade muttered as he pulled his mask over his nose. He also had on his hat that covered his forehead and a pair of sunglasses.

Surely he was going to be hot with all that stuff on but I didn't question it. When we had gotten to the mall, we were being give several suspicious looks by many people and I just shook my head.

It took us a few minutes but we eventually made it into the store and I decided to stand a little ways away from Kade as I waited for him to get his products.

"Excuse me..." I turned my head and saw a woman who was looking at me worriedly.

"Yes?" I said and she lent down to whisper.

"Are you in need of help?" She asked and I just frowned at the woman. What was she talking about?

"What?" I asked and she pointed to Kade.

"I saw you come in with that man...did he kidnap you? I can help you, I'm a officer but I'm off duty" She said as she showed me her badge on her pants.

My eyes widened when I finally realized the misunderstanding that was going on and I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine, really" I said and she frowned.

"You don't have to-"

"Excuse me, what are you doing with my sister?" Kade said as he came back over to us with his basket full of skin care products.

Even though I couldn't see Kade's mouth, by the tone in his voice, I could tell that he was frowning.

The woman looked at Kade warily as she moved to stand in front of me.

"Your sister? Likely story" the woman said defensively and this time Kade took his shades off and pulled his face mask down to show his frown.

"Lady, you've got the wrong idea" Kade said and the woman shook her head.

"I don't think so" she said and this time, I decided to interfere since our small conversation was getting a lot of onlookers.

"Miss, I promise, he really is my brother. We're just here to buy some face masks because he has a pimple and is too embarrassed to go out like a normal person" I explained and Kade whined when hearing the last part.

"Don't say it like that!" Kade said.

The woman's eyes widened when she actually took a look at Kade's basket and I could tell she immediately regretted her mistake.

"O-Oh, I'm so sorry. I just..." she trailed off and her face was turning red out of embarrassment.

"It's okay. You were just trying to help" Kade said with a smile and suddenly the woman's face turned even redder at the sight of Kade's smiling face.

"I-I'm really sorry...and your acne doest show at all. Your skin is very beautiful" She said and Kade's eyes brightened at the sudden compliment.

"Oh, you're being too kind. The real menace is up here" Kade said as he pointed to his hat. The woman let out a giggle and I just watched the two converse with a bored expression.

"I'm Nadine. If you need any help at all, please don't be afraid to call me. Once again, I'm very sorry about the misunderstanding and I hope you two make it home safe" Nadine said as she handed Kade her card before heading off to continue her own shopping.

"Whew, I'm so glad that's over..." Kade said as he adjusted his mask and sunglasses back into their original places.

"Nadine, huh?" He muttered as he looked down at the card in his hand and I tilted my head at him.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked and Kade just nodded.

"Yeah, let's go"

~ Later That Week, Third P. O. V. ~

"Alright, what are we playing?" Ross asked.

The group of friends had gathered at Ceres' house to hang out. Ceres sat to the side quietly as she waited for her friends to choose the game that they wanted to play.

"How about Phase 10?" Hayden said and Diana frowned.

"N-O. That game is boring" she said and Ross smirked.

"It's only boring because you can't count to ten" Once Ross' crack was made, Diana had thrown one of the couch pillows at him and used another one to start hitting him with it very harshly.

"C'mon you two, you just got here and you're already fighting" Ceres said with a sigh as she watched them fight. After hearing Ceres' words, they had thankfully broken apart but still glared at each other every now and then.

"Let's just play Uno. Simple, right?" Hayden said grabbing the deck of cards from the pile in front of them.

Ceres was still a little iffy on how to play Uno but didn't complain as she allowed cards to be dealt to her. She just hoped that she could remember what her friends had taught her.

Thankfully, as the game went on, Ceres was able to successfully play somewhat correctly and she gave herself a pat on the back for it.

"Go ahead, I dare you" Ross said looking between himself and the cards that was being held in Diana's hand.

Ross wasn't really all too worried about anyone else. Hayden usually just lets everyone win, and Ceres was already sitting with twelve extra cards in her hands due to their little draw battle that Ross had started and unfortunately Ceres could not finish.

"Are you sure? Don't go crying to your mommy later" Diana said showing a mocking smirk. Ross cackled as if he were an evil mastermind about to commence an evil plan.

"Do it" He taunted.

"Can you go already? It's been two minutes and you still haven't put down" Hayden said frowning at the both of them.

"Draw four loser!" Diana said throwing the black colored draw four card out.

Ross smirked to himself.

"Your efforts are admirable but alas this king has to remind the peasant of their place" He said before throwing down another wild draw four card.

He furrowed his eyebrows when it was now Diana who had started laughing like the maniac and Ross paled when realizing that meant she most likely had another draw four in her hand.

The gods seemed to not be on his side this time around.

Ross frowned until a sudden realization hit him. He wasn't the one who needed to worry about picking up, it was Hayden. Ross smiled to himself and looked over to Hayden who was busy helping Ceres sort her cards.

"Hayden, are you picking up or do you have a draw four?" Ross asked sweetly.

He honestly hoped that Hayden didn't have another draw four card because he may or may not have seen (more like peeked into) Ceres' hand when she wasn't paying attention and the girl had two draw fours in her hand which would be bad for him.

He was not looking forward to picking up all those cards.

"You are seriously the most dramatic person ever" Hayden said rolling his eyes.

"It's to make the game more lively, duh. Now hurry up" Ross said. Hayden frowned but just kept his comments to himself.

Hayden quickly threw down a draw four and Ross let out a (totally not girly) shriek.

"And if I put this out, I don't have to draw?" Ceres asked and Hayden nodded. So, she put down the draw four she had and Diana chuckled at Ross' defeated expression.

"Time for you to pick up Ross" Diana said with a teasing grin as she threw out her last draw four.

"I don't wanna play anymore" Ross muttered and everyone just laughed at his sore loser behavior.

Ross turned his head and suddenly screamed before hiding behind Diana. The three of his friends, as well as Kade who was passing by, got startled by Ross' sudden outburst and looked at him as if he were crazy.

"What is that crap on your face?!" Ross exclaimed as he pointed at Kade's face. Kade huffed and glared at the boy.

"It's a relaxer. It's supposed to make you look young until you're at least sixty" Kade said and Ross frowned.

"Keep believing in stuff like that and you'll be covered in wrinkles before you're 30" Ross said and Kade's frown deepened.

"Rude little boy..." Kade muttered as he walked away from the friend group.

"Uh...why don't we play something else?" Ceres said in an attempt to change the topic and the friends all agreed before beginning to decide on their next game.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 304 26
Since forever it's always just been 13 year old Amelie and her Mum. They may not have been rich in money but they were rich in happiness and they wer...
Hidden By RA

General Fiction

34.1K 974 70
Valeriana has known nothing but neglect and abuse. Her mother took her from her father and brothers at the age of 3. Valeriana has no knowledge of he...
1.8M 45.7K 64
What happens when a mother and father get a divorce leaving their seven children heart broken and seperated from one another. When the father receive...
2.4M 51.5K 36
A socially awkward teenager with a love for weapons must work with her ex-family in order to solve the mystery of her mother's death. ** After the u...