Whatever It Takes ~ larry mpr...

By bestwriterever8

[FINISHED 2017] Louis Tomlinson always wanted to have children. At the age of 29 and after years of failed re... More

Whatever it takes
1. Papa and Matty
2. It was all so unlike him
3. He'll be okay, right?
4. Choco ice cream it is
5. It's a very simple procedure
6. You two need to stop this nonsense
7. I can offer you another solution
8. It's a big boy kind of thing
9. Just wait and see
10. I'm on fire today!
11. He has his own style
12. Please don't bring it up again
13. How can that happen?
14. Patience is a virtue
15. Do whatever your heart tells you is right
16. You had a front row seat
17. I won't hesitate for even a second
18. There's no coming back from this
19. Why are you so stubborn?
20. Let's move on to the next problem
21. That's how it works
22. If you make a sudden move he's going to run away
23. Happy day!
24. Only time will tell
25. It's not a big deal
26. I'm trying
27. What's wrong with people lately?
28. Don't leave me
29. It will get better
30. What kind of reaction is that?
31. Shocking, huh?
32. No regrets
33. Don't make promises you can't keep
34. Home sweet home
35. No funny business
36. I'm bad at riddles
37. We never lost hope
38. Stop pretending
39. Don't lie to me
40. I'm sorry
41. It's only the truth
42. I'm more than ready
43. Can I ask you a question?
44. I hate your stupid eyes
45. Is this real?
46. It was inevitable
47. I'm always on your side
48. It was so real
49. Why are you so happy?
50. He looks older
51. Please believe it
52. You don't care about me
53. Where do I sign?
54. No needles
55. You want the truth?
56. I think it's time
57. I love you
58. It's not over yet
59. Stupid life
60. Can I leave?
61. The cherry on top of a messy life
62. I'm not going through this lunch without alcohol
63. What about what I want?
64. Be strong
65. Let's not go there
66. Take it or leave it
67. The best year of my life
68. I don't want to get your hopes up
69. You're everything I need
70. I'm always thinking about it
71. Happy anniversary
72. Forever
Epilogue
Not an update, just an announcement

Prologue

95.1K 2.6K 6.6K
By bestwriterever8

January 17, 2012

Louis was officially done with dating, he couldn't do it anymore.

Jordan had been the last guy he had dated, they had been going out for a couple of months, and that morning, when Louis tried to make things official with him, he said he didn't want a serious relationship and said that it was best if they didn't see each other any more.

Before Jordan it had been Kyle, and they had been dating for 6 months when Louis went to surprise him at his work and found him kissing an intern in his office. What happened after that wasn't pretty.

Gavin had come before Kyle, and Dominic before him, and Louis could never forget about Ryan, who came before Dominic, he had been a real asshole. The list went on and on, and every time things had gone south, because they had cheated or had commitment issues or because they were not that into Louis.

All of that was going through his head while he went through some details for one of the events he was planning, which was a 50th wedding anniversary.

"Louis, Niall was looking for you" one of the assistants said popping her head inside his office.

"I'll be right there" Louis answered.

He pulled his chair back and went to the other big office of the company, Niall's.

He didn't even bother knocking when he got there, Niall and him had been friends for years and they owned an event planning company together, which was called 'Clover'. They had opened it 5 years ago, with the help of Liam's trust-fund money, and it had become one of London't hottest event planning companies, people had to book them many months in advance of the actual event.

"Hey blondie, you wanted to talk to me?" Louis greeted when he walked in, while checking his phone.

"Yeah" Niall said.

Louis looked up and that's when Louis realized Niall had his kids with him in the office and his face lit up with a smile.

"Hey girls, come give me a hug".

"Uncle Lou" both girls shouted and ran to Louis to hug him.

Louis squatted and embraced both girls ir a bear hug. Violet was the oldest, she was 4 and Nora was 2. They both had blond hair and brown eyes, but their features were quite different, Violet had a lot of Niall in her, while little Nora looked a lot more like her other dad, Liam.

"You two have grown so much since the last time I saw you! You're giants now!" Louis teased them.

Nora gave him a little smile, she was kind of shy, the complete opposite of her sister.

"You're silly uncle Lou, you saw us the other day" Violet shook her head like she couldn't believe Louis's stupidity.

"I don't remember seeing you in ages" said Louis joking.

Nora frowned in confusion while Violet rolled her eyes at him, which made Louis laugh.

"I'm just joking Nori" Louis said giving her a kiss on the cheek and then doing the same with Violet "Go play while I talk to your papa".

They said okay and went back to play with their dolls that were laying on the floor where they had left them when they went to say hi to Louis.

"Why are the kids here?" Louis asked while he took Jace from Niall's arms and kissed his cheek.

"The nanny called in sick this morning so I had to bring them" Niall replied handing Louis his youngest child.

Louis sat down across from Niall with Jace facing him. He was such a cute baby, Louis just wanted to kiss his chubby cheeks all day long.

"So what's up?" Louis asked.

"I wanted to ask for your opinion on some things for Jace's birthday party, you know kids parties are not my thing" Niall said looking at some papers.

"Why don't we do an exchange? I organize this little munchkin the best birthday party in the world and you finish with the anniversary party I have to do, I'm not in the mood for it" Louis proposed.

"Deal" Niall said "I know you'll do a much better job with it than me".

"Did you hear that Jace? I'm doing your birthday party!" Louis cooed at the little boy in his lap "I can't believe you're turning one already, you're such a big boy".

Louis gave him another kiss and Jace just giggled, he was a very giggly baby.

"I know! He's my last baby and he's growing up too fast" Niall pouted.

"You can always have another one" Louis joked.

"I think three is more than enough, we had only planned for two, this little guy was quite the surprise" said Niall.

Louis knew this, Nora had only been 5 months when Niall found out he was pregnant for the third time, and he had threaten to cut Liam's balls off because of it. At the end it all turned out just fine, Jace was a really good baby and Niall and Liam were smitten by him since the first time they laid eyes on him.

"I want one" Louis said looking at the blue eyed boy in his arms who was babbling nonsense.

"You'll have one someday Lou" Niall said softly knowing how much his friend wanted a baby.

"At the rate I'm going I won't" Louis sighed.

"What happened with Jordan? I thought that was going well" questioned Niall.

"He dumped me this morning, said he didn't want a serious relationship" said Louis.

"I'm sorry Lou".

"I've been thinking about something..." Louis said while he bounced Jace in his lap.

"What's that?" Niall wondered.

"I've been thinking about having a baby on my own" Louis looked at his friend.

"Really?" Niall widened his eyes.

"Yeah. Ever since I can remember I've wanted to have kids and I'll be thirty this year Ni. I can't just keep waiting for the right person to come along, it may never happen".

"I think you're too young to be loosing faith in love, as far as you know, the right person could come along tomorrow" Niall argued.

"That's easy for you to say, you met your better half when you were 18" Louis rolled his eyes.

This was true, Niall met Liam at a party when he was 18, Liam was 20 back then, and they had been together ever since. They got married when Niall was 23 and by the time he was 25, they already had a baby.

Where did Louis fit in this picture? He went to the same University as Niall, and they had almost every class together, so they became friends right away. Louis was with Niall the night he met Liam, so he had known the other lad for more than 10 years, and they were very good friends.

"This is a big decision to make Lou, you should think about it some more" Niall said ignoring what Louis said.

"I didn't come up with the idea today, I've been thinking about if for months now. It just feel like it's what I need to do" Louis explained.

"It sounds like you already made up your mind" suggested Niall.

Louis looked at the little boy in his lap and imagined it being his and couldn't help the smile that crept into his lips.

"I guess I have" Louis acknowledged "I'm going to have a baby".

~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 12, 2012.

That Monday was the day Louis was hopefully going to get pregnant with his baby. A few days after he made the decision, he visited a sperm back and they gave him a bunch of information about the process of getting inseminated. It was quite an easy process actually; all he had to do was select a donor and then on the right day of the month, they were going to put that sperm inside of him and he hopefully was going to get pregnant.

When they gave him the catalog that listed all the donors Louis had been a little overwhelmed, it was really long and it was difficult to choose one. Every donor had a number, there were no names there, but there was a description of their physical appearances, their interests, and theirs and their families medical history.

In the end Louis had managed to bring it down to 5 candidates with the help of Niall and Liam. From those 5 he just chose one randomly, but they had one thing in common: green eyes. Louis didn't know why, but he loved green eyes, and he wanted his baby to have them.

He had an appointment at 10 A.M, so at 9.55 he was already there, not wanting to be late for what could be the day that changed his life forever.

"Hi" he said to the receptionist "I'm Louis Tomlinson, I have an appointment at 10".

"Take a seat, someone's going to call you in a little while" she said.

"Okay".

Louis was nervous, it was only natural, but he was absolutely sure that he was making the right decision.

"Louis Tomlinson?" a middle aged woman called.

Louis stood up and she told him to follow her. He was taken to a room that had a table with stirrups and was told to put a gown and sat on the table. He waited sitting there until the doctor Louis had met before, Dr. Forbes, walked inside followed by a nurse.

"Ready to get pregnant?" the doctor said.

"More than ready" Louis nodded.

"Okay, lay down and put your feet on the stirrups please" doctor Forbes told him.

Louis did as he was told and the doctor got situated between his legs.

"This syringe has the sperm you selected" the doctor said showing Louis a thing that didn't look quite as a normal syringe, it didn't have a normal needle "I'm going to put it inside of you, it's only going to take a few seconds, but then you'll have to stay with your legs up for half and our or so".

"Okay" Louis agreed, he had heard this explanation before.

As the doctor said, the procedure was done in a few seconds and then the doctor and the nurse left Louis in the room with his legs up.

It was done, there was no turning back now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 7, 2012

Louis was officially eight weeks pregnant that day. He didn't have a bump yet, but his tummy was looking a little pudgy lately.

He learned he was pregnant when he was less than 4 weeks along, and he cried of happiness for an hour in the office bathroom, with Niall by his side, because he was finally going to have the baby he had longed for.

Now, he was laying on the examination table for his first ever ultrasound, which Liam was going to do, seeing as he was his doctor (he was a OBGYN).

"This is going to be cold Lou" Liam said before he put a sticky gel on his belly.

"Just hurry up already, I want to know if the baby is really there" Louis said.

Liam laughed and stared to move the wand on Louis's lower abdomen and Louis looked eagerly to the image on the screen.

"There it is" Liam pointed at a spot on the screen.

"That's my baby?" Louis asked, his eyes flooded with tears.

"Yep, and this is your baby's heartbeat" Liam said and pressed a button on the machine.

"Wow" Louis whispered while he heard the rapid heartbeat "I'm really having a baby".

"Of course you are" Liam said to his friend "And a healthy baby by the looks of it".

Liam printed some pictures for Louis and then they sat down to have a talk about the pregnancy.

"I need to ask you something, but I want you to let me talk before you say no, because I'm sure that's what you're going to say" Louis told Liam.

"Okay...".

"I want to have the baby at home, let me finish" Louis said when he saw Liam's face "You know how my mum died when I was fourteen?"

"Yeah" Liam said softly.

"Well she had cancer, and she was in and out of the hospital for years until she died in a hospital bed, so now when I think about a hospital, all I can think about is death" Louis confessed "I don't want to have my baby in a place that reminds me of death".

"Lou, I get it, I promise I do. But having a baby at home is dangerous, something could go wrong and the baby or you could die without immediate medical attention" Liam explained.

"But you're a doctor, and you'll be there to deliver the baby and make sure he or she is safe" Louis argued.

"Yes, but I can't bring to your house all the medical equipment that could be needed" Liam still refused and then sighed "Maybe we could find a middle ground".

"What do you mean?" Louis asked.

"You could have the baby at a birthing center, it's a lot safer than having it at home, they don't look like hospitals, they have equipment and they are usually close to hospitals" Liam explained.

"Really?" asked Louis interested.

"Yeah, and you can bring with you all the stuff you want to be comfortable, it's a good option" Liam shrugged.

"Okay, I'll look into it" Louis nodded "But you will still deliver the baby, right?".

"Of course Lou" Liam smiled at him "I wouldn't have it any other way".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December 1, 2012.

Louis felt huge, he was 2 days away from his due date but he wanted the baby out already, he was too uncomfortable to have him or her inside for 2 more days. A couple of days ago, Liam had examined him and said that seeing as the baby had already dropped, Louis was going to go into labour any day now, but still there were no signs of the baby wanting to come out.

He was walking, more like waddling, around the flat, he had read that walking helped get things going but after walking for more than an hour he got tired, and sat down at in the rocking chair in the baby's nursery. He hadn't want to find out the gender of the baby, he wanted it to be a surprise, so he painted the walls a creamy yellow that he considered to be gender neutral. There was a dark wooden crib and changing table as well as a dresser filled with baby clothes and some shelves filled with toys and books.

"Why don't you want to get out baby? I want to meet you" Louis said.

He lifted his shirt and rubbed at the spots where the baby was pressing against. He looked down at his belly, his skin was impossible stretched and his belly button was out, he looked like he was going to explode any minute. He ran the tip of his index finger across the stretch marks that were covering his belly, they were not pretty, but Louis didn't care, his baby was worth having them.

He stood up and started walking again, and half an hour later he felt something wet between his legs and when he looked down he saw his joggers were soaked, which meant his water had finally broken, but still he hadn't felt any contractions.

"Thank god" he whispered.

He undressed and took a quick shower and while he was drying himself he felt a strong pain in his belly. He put his hands there, noticing how hard it had gotten, and took deep breaths until the pain was gone. He put on clothes and went to get his phone to call Liam.

"Hey Lou" Liam said when he picked up.

"My water broke" was all Louis said.

"We're going to be right there, don't freak out" Liam said.

"I'm not freaking out, I'm fine, I've only had one contraction and it wasn't that bad" Louis said while he looked through his bag and the baby bag to see that everything was there.

"That's good, just keep it that way" Liam instructed.

"Okay doctor" Louis said and hung up.

Ten minutes later Niall walked inside the flat while Louis was having another contraction. He went up to him and rubbed his back in small circles.

"Just breathe Lou, deep breaths" he whispered.

Louis did as he was told; this contraction had been a lot worse that before, and it was scary to think it was only going to get worse.

"It's over" Louis breathed out when it passed.

"Okay, let's go, Liam's going to meet us there, he went to drop off the kids at his mum's" Niall said and grabbed the two bags that Louis had next to him.

"I'm sorry for ruining your Saturday, I know how much both of you enjoy spending Saturday mornings with the kids" Louis said while they were driving there.

"Don't be stupid Lou, you haven't ruined anything, the kids love going to their granma's" Niall said.

When they finally got to the birthing center, Louis had had two more contractions, but he had managed through the pain. They got inside and he was settled in the room he had chose when he decided he was going to have the baby there, it was a nice room, it looked more like a hotel room than anything else, except for a couple of things that were set up for the birth. When he arranged it, he asked if he could deliver the baby with just Liam and Niall in the room, and they said no at first, the center required that at least one of their midwives attended the birth. After a lot on insisting Louis got Liam to convince them that it was okay, and they finally caved.

While he got settled he had a few more contractions and he had to hold on to Niall to be able to cope with them, his friend was an excellent birthing partner, he had even gone with him to classes. Niall helped him change into a big tshirt that reached to his thighs and then he laid down on the bed. A couple of minutes later Liam walked inside the room with a medical bag.

"How're you holding up Lou?" Liam asked.

"I've been better" Louis said "The kids are alright?".

"Yeah, Jace was a little clingy, but my mum gave him a cookie and he forgot about me" Liam laughed.

Louis laughed too, that kid was just like Niall when it came to food. But he didn't laugh long, because he felt another contraction coming and held his belly while he breathed through his nose to try to get past it, while Niall rubbed his back soothingly.

"How far apart are the contractions?" Liam asked.

"8 minutes" Niall answered looking at his phone.

"I'm going to wash my hands and then I'm going to check how far along you are, okay Lou?" Liam asked.

Louis didn't reply, he was in too much pain, this was way worse than Niall had told him it was, he couldn't believe he had done this 3 times. It was like his insides were getting shattered.

"Why didn't you tell me this hurts like a bitch?" Louis asked once the contraction was over.

Niall laughed lightly "I told you it hurts, you just chose not to believe me".

"Ready Lou?" Liam asked, he had a latex glove on one of his hands.

"Yeah go ahead" Louis said and opened up his legs, he was not shy.

"You're at four, that's really good, you're dialating quickly" Liam said after he had examined Louis.

"Good, I don't think I can do this for long" Louis complained.

The next two hours were filled with screams, cursing and crying, Louis had never been in more pain in his life. He was seriously regretting his decision of not having the baby at the hospital, he wanted an epidural, but he couldn't get it here, there was no anesthesiologist.

"You're doing so good Lou" Niall said while he wiped his sweaty forehead with a wet cloth.

Louis whined, his back was killing him and this contraction was the worse he had had so far.

"Motherfucker" Louis cursed.

When it passed he sighed in relief, but he wasn't going to be a lot of time to recover, the contractions were now coming every two minutes.

"I'm going to check you" Liam said and smiled after he did it "You're at nine! I'm going to set everything up, you'll be pushing in no time".

"Thank god" Louis breathed out "I needed this kid out yesterday".

"You're such a whiner Lou, you've been in labour for like 4 hours, I had to go through 20 when I had Violet" Niall said bitterly.

"Shut up blondie" Louis replied.

Another contraction came and Louis moaned and cried because of the pain. Half way through it, Louis felt an incredible amount of pressure and a sudden urge to push.

"Liam I need to push" he cried "Like now".

"Hold on for a minute" Liam said coming back to the bed "Just pant until the contraction passes".

Liam finished setting up and sat down between Louis's legs, just as the contraction faded.

"Niall hold one of his legs back, Louis you grab your other leg, and when you feel the next contraction, bare down and push as hard as you can" Liam instructed

Louis nodded just as another contraction started.

"I need to push, I need to..." Louis whined.

"Push Lou, do what your body tells you to do" Liam encouraged looking between Louis's legs.

Louis started to push as hard as he could.

He stopped for a second to breathe and then pushed down again. He pushed until the contraction ended and then relaxed a little.

"Oh shit this is worse than I thought it was going to be" Louis said trying to catch his breath.

"I know, but you did really good Lou, keep pushing like that and the baby will be out in no time" Liam smiled at him.

When another contraction started Louis pushed hard again, scrunching up his face while he did it. Then he pushed again and then again and again. Ten minutes later his face was red as a tomato, he was sweating like a pig and he was getting tired.

"Come on Lou, I can see the baby's head, push hard and it's going to start crowning" Liam encouraged.

"Fuck fuck fuck" Louis cursed when he pushed and started to feel the baby's head coming out, it burnt so bad he wanted to stop.

"I know this part hurts like a bitch, but you have keep pushing" Niall said as if he had read his mind, but it probably had something to do with him having gone through this three times.

The contraction passed and Louis stopped pushing, but he could feel the baby's head right there, it was so uncomfortable.

"The top of the head's out, baby's got lots of hair" Liam smiled at Louis.

"Yeah?" Louis smiled lazily between his ragged breaths.

"Yeah. On your next contraction give me a big push and the head will be out completely, okay?" Liam said.

Louis nodded and started pushing as hard as he could when the next contraction came and suddenly he felt the head pop out and he gasped.

"Well done mate, head's completely out" Liam encouraged while he did something between Louis's legs.

"What are you doing?" Louis asked trying to look between his legs.

"I'm making sure the cord isn't around the baby's neck, but it's not so we're good" explained Liam.

Louis started to push again when he felt a contraction, but he was barely doing it, he had no energy left.

"Louis you have to give me a stronger push than that" said Liam.

Louis tried to do it, but getting the shoulders out was proving to be too hard for him, he was too tired to keep pushing.

"I can't" Louis cried and stopped pushing "Just pull the baby out for me".

"I can't do that Louis, you need to push the baby out, so push" Liam ordered.

"No" Louis shook his head, he didn't want to do it anymore.

"Lou, you've been waiting for this moment your whole life, don't give up now, just a little more and you're going to be able to hold your baby in your arms" Niall said and moved his sweaty fringe away from his forehead "Come on push".

Louis nodded and started pushing with all his might, screaming in pain when he felt the first shoulder coming out and then the second one, and all the while Liam and Niall kept encouraging him to keep pushing. He gave another big push and a couple of seconds into it, he felt the baby slip out, and Louis feel back against the bed.

"Happy birthday little one" Liam said.

Louis looked up and he saw Liam was showing him a little crying baby and then he placed the baby on his chest. He didn't even hesitate and wrapped his arms around his child, and in that moment he felt his heart fill with an amont of love he never thought possible.

"Hi" he said between tears while he looked at his little baby "I've been waiting for you for so long, I'm your papa".

He kissed the baby's little head not giving a damn that it was covered in gunk and a little blood. He looked up at his friends who were smiling at him with eyes full of tears.

"Thank you" he whispered to them, because he never would've been able to do this without their help.

He focused again on the newborn and that's when he remembered he had no idea if it was a boy or a girl, so he lifted the baby up a bit and looked.

"So you're a boy, huh?" Louis smiled at him while more tears filled his eyes "I love you baby boy, you're my life now".

"Do you have a name for him?" asked Niall while he rubbed his thumb gently over the baby's head.

"Matthew James Tomlinson".

-----------------------------------------

A.N. So this is my new story! That was quite a long prologue but I felt all the information that was there was needed to start the story.

Chapter 1 will start when little Matthew is 2 years and a couple of months old, so I'll be skipping a few years!

Tell me what you thought about this! Do you like the story line? What do you think about Louis, Niall and Liam in this alternative universe? I know I haven't revealed much about what is going to happen, but I hope this was enough to get you excited about it!

I'll continue the story when this gets 40 votes or so, just so I know it's worth writing it.

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 7.7K 35
Harry is pregnant. Louis has cancer. Louis thinks they're in pretty deep shit. Harry's trying to be optimistic. Sure they're still in school, and Lou...
1.4M 51.7K 63
[FINISHED 2015] Louis met Harry on his first day of University and since then they became inseparable, they fell in love and everything was perfect. ...
144K 6.1K 16
Plot Idea by @louislovesharryyy28 Cover Background by @forbehs - Harry has been mute his entire life. He isn't physically unable to speak, he just ch...
1.2M 58.6K 85
[FINISHED 2019] Louis had always wanted to travel, so when he finished school, he and his best friend decided to take a backpacking summer trip throu...