Here We Are

Bởi universebunny

"We don't need things like memories" ~~~~~ Being one of Inarizaki's Volleyball managers is tough, the countle... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter 1: Routines
Chapter 2: I'll work hard!
Chapter 3: Foxes
Chapter 4: You haven't changed
Chapter 5: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa
Chapter 6: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa Part 2
Chapter 7: Code Blue
Chapter 8: Tokyo Teams
Chapter 9: Sakusa Kiyoomi
Chapter 10: Itachiyama Volleyball Club
Chapter 11: Tomorrow
Chapter 12: Seize Your Moment
Chapter 13: Behold Today's Champions
Chapter 14: Winners and Losers
Chapter 15: Summer
Chapter 16: Second-Year Shenanigans
Chapter 17: In Due Time
Chapter 18: And So It Begins.
Chapter 19: Reprise
Chapter 20: Turn it Around
Chapter 21: Intense Force
Chapter 22: The struggles of the weak-willed
Chapter 23: The 'Talented'
Chapter 24: Rivals
Chapter 25: Simple, Pure Strength
Chapter 27: Consequences
Chapter 28: Atsumu and Y/N
Chapter 29: Through the Time
Chapter 30: Rerun
Chapter 31: Love/Expectations
Chapter 32: Where Monsters Go
Chapter 33: Care
Chapter 34: Not Alone
Chapter 35: It'll soon be Spring
Chapter 36: Solitude
Chapter 37 - Finally Here; The Starting Point
Chapter 38: Challengers
Chapter 39: This is War
Chapter 40: Monster's Banquet
Chapter 41: Captain
Chapter 42: The Promised Place
Chapter 43: The Day of Change
Chapter 44: Those Who Have Lost
Chapter 45: Solace
Chapter 46: Our Spring Comes To An End
Chapter 47: Love
Chapter 48: Thank you, goodbye.
Chapter 49: Endings and Beginnings
Chapter 50: Rebirth
Chapter 51: Room to Grow
Chapter 52: Change
Chapter 53: Synergy
Chapter 54: Let The Games Begin
Chapter 55: Awkward
Chapter 56: Pushing Forward
Chapter 57: The Bonds We Make
Chapter 58: Preparations
Chapter 59: One Step Forward

Chapter 26: Until We Meet Again

7.6K 446 854
Bởi universebunny

A/N:  Pfft- why are you all so scared about what's going to happen in this chapter? :) You worried about angst? :) Do you really think I'm that kind of person? :)

Anyway, nice reminder that Ginjima was the last one to touch the ball before Inarizaki lost the match haha hope this made you smile 💖

Interhigh National Tournament
Day 5 – Finals

"C'mon L/N-chan! Quickly! We'll be able to see 'em clearly here!"

"Kagawa-chan don't run!"

Y/N speed walks after Kagawa and Inoue as they try to quickly get good seats for the Awards Ceremony, wanting to get a good view and take nice pictures of the team. Mumbling apologies, Y/N does her best to dodge the crowds as she tries to keep up with the other managers.

Finally making it to the main stadium, Y/N breathes out a sigh of relief for making it in time, glad she didn't miss anything. All 56 representative schools from across Japan are already lined up in the stadium waiting for the Awards Ceremony to commence.

"So this is the Awards Ceremony... Feels so surreal..." Inoue mutters, staring at the teams in awe. "Are they just gonna award the victors of the Boy's and Girl's division or is there more?"

"Ehh kind of." Y/N shrugs, taking a seat near the front. "They congratulate the victors first, then awards are given to the best 6 players, and 30 outstanding players and 2 outstanding liberos."

"Ohh yeah, I remember it from last year, it was crazy~" Kagawa laughs.

"Damn... I sure hope someone on our team gets somethin'..." Inoue says.

Y/N chuckles, smiling as she looks at her team, standing proudly in the stadium.

"I don't doubt 'em at all."

"And now, I present this award to the victors, Boy's Division. Tokyo Prefecture Representative, Itachiyama Academy. Concluding the National High School Volleyball Tournament, otherwise known as Interhigh Tournament, your team has emerged victorious. I present you this award in acknowledgement of your commendable performance."

The host hands the certificate over to Iizuna as he graciously bows and accepts, while Nagaoka accepts the trophy. Y/N watches as they award each of the Itachiyama's members a medal, smiling slightly for them. They deserve it afterall.

"To praise all teams for their wonderful performances, I'd like to ask the audience to give them another big round of applause."

The audience applauses loudly for all the teams as they stand proudly, some hardcore Inarizaki fans start chanting the team name over and over again as Y/N hides her face from the onlookers. Kagawa laughs at her as she pats her shoulder, joining in on the fanchants as Y/N tries her hardest to disappear. At least this encouraged the other team's fans to start chanting the names of other teams.

"We will now award the individual players of each division, awards are given to the best 6 players, and 30 outstanding players and 2 outstanding liberos. We will now announce the awards for the Girl's division."

"Oh boy, I'm startin' to get nervous now." Kagawa mutters as they watch the girls graciously accept their awards. "I'm not even a player and I'm nervous... I can't imagine how they're feelin' right now."

"Kagawa-san... don't say that... my heart is pounding with nerves right now." Inoue breathes out, clutching her bag as she watches with her eyes wide open, waiting for the Boy's awards.

"There's nothin' to be nervous about... We're the runner up school, a well-established powerhouse. Have some faith in the boys." Y/N says, smiling at them before turning back to the hosts.

"L/N-chan... you're so cool..." Kagawa breathes out as Inoue stares at her with sparkles in her eyes. Y/N sweat drops at this.

"Right... pay attention to the awards ceremony..." Y/N mutters, blushing slightly as she turns away. The other two girls laugh at this before turning back to the hosts as they begin announcing the awards for the Boy's division.

"Boy's division, Best Scorer, Sakusa Kiyoomi of Itachiyama Academy."

Everyone cheers as Sakusa walks up to accept his award, approaching the presenters with his head held high, exuding dignity and confidence.

Bowing as he accepts his award, Sakusa walks over to stand on the podium, facing the audience as they continue cheering for him.

"Ha, as expected." Kagawa laughs. "It's no surprise he scored the most points in the tournament."

"Ushijima-senpai would definitely be pretty close I think, but Sakusa-san played more games, so I guess it's understandable." Y/N agrees.

"Best Spiker, Kiryuu Wakatsu of Mujinazaka High School."

Kiryuu bows deeply as he walks up to accept his award, raising his hand in acknowledgement to the crowds as they cheer for him.

"What's the different between Best Scorer and Best Spiker?" Inoue asks, turning to her seniors in interest.

"Best Scorer is for the person that scores the most points across the board, whether it be a spike, block or serve. Meanwhile, Best Spiker is for the person that scores the most points with their spikes in comparison to their total number of attempts. So technically, even if you only play one game, it's still possible for you to win Best Spiker if your success rate is high enough." Y/N explains as Kiryuu walks onto the podium.

"Ohh I see!"

"Best Blocker, Hirugami Sachirou of Kamomedai High School."

"Who's that?" Inoue whispers as Hirugami walks up to receive his award, appearing relaxed and carefree as he smiles.

"The best high school blocker." Y/N helpfully responds.

"...Thanks."

"Best Server, Miya Atsumu of Inarizaki High School."

Y/N takes in a deep breath as she watches Atsumu walk up to the presenters to receive his award, pride welling up inside as she smiles slightly.

"T-that's Atsumu, right...?" She shakily asks, pointing to him as she stares, eyes wide. Atsumu smiles brightly as he accepts his award, Y/N feels herself getting lightheaded by the amount of happiness he's radiating.

"Who would've thought that you'd be the one to get emotional." Kagawa laughs, patting her shoulder as she takes out her phone to take pictures, not trusting that Y/N would be able to take any good ones with her hands shaking so much. "Yes, that's him. Damn, even I'm feelin' proud now."

"Miya-san won Best Server... Miya-san won Best Server... Miya-san won Best Server..." Inoue chants to herself quietly, staring in shock as Atsumu bows and walks onto the podium. "I know he's amazin'... and he won Best Server in Middle School... but I think I'm gonna faint."

"Guys, stop freakin' out." Kagawa sighs. "There's heaps more awards so don't get so emotional."

"D'ya think I wanna be emotional??" Y/N whispers as the presenters move on to the next award.

"Best Libero, Komori Motoya of Itachiyama Academy."

Komori smiles cheerfully as he walks up to receive his award, he waves at the audience as they cheer loudly for him, bowing as he accepts his award.

"As expected once again." Kagawa chuckles. "What do they even feed them at Itachiyama? The whole team's amazin' and they all look great too. Not fair."

"Lots of people say that about Inarizaki too y'know." Y/N chuckles.

"Ehh, true I guess."

"Best Setter, Miya Atsumu of Inarizaki High School."

"What." Y/N says.

Also slightly startled, Atsumu blinks in surprise before walking off the podium to accept the award, the audience applauses wildly in awe.

"Wow... whaddya know..." Kagawa breathes out, taking out her phone to take more pictures. "Damn... try not to think too hard, L/N-chan, you might hurt your head."

"Atsumu... got two awards..." Y/N mutters under her breath, looking distraught. "H-he won Best Server and Best Setter... I think I'm gonna cry."

"I-it's okay, L/N-senpai!" Inoue stutters out, taking out a pack of tissues as she holds it out to Y/N.

"I'm not proud of him, nope no way. Don't ever think I am, 'kay? Nope." Y/N says, shaking her head as she tries to compose herself. "T-that's just one of my best friends... gettin' the recognition he deserves..."

Y/N shakily lifts her head as she watches Atsumu walk back onto the podium, cradling his two awards as he smiles.

"She's not doin' a good job at convincin' us she's not proud." Kagawa whispers to Inoue as she chuckles. "We get it, L/N-chan, you can calm yourself before Atsumu-kun finds out and teases you."

"Right..." Y/N breathes out, doing her best to compose herself. "We can't have that."

"And now, presenting 30 outstanding players and 2 outstanding Liberos, Boy's division. Ushijima Wakatoshi of Shiratorizawa Academy. Bokuto Koutarou of Fukurodani Academy. Ojiro Aran of Inarizaki Academy. Hoshiumi Kourai of..."

"Wouldja look at that, Aran-san won as well~ Damn, this is such a good tournament for us." Kagawa laughs as she takes pictures. One by one, the 30 outstanding players walk up to receive their awards.

"Due to personal reasons, I think I'm gonna pass away." Y/N mutters, clutching her phone as she shakily tries to take pictures of Ojiro.

"I haven't been on the team for very long, but I feel so proud of them." Inoue smiles as she turns to her seniors, her bright smile blinding them as they squint at her. "I'm so honoured to be on the team with all of you!"

"Chika-chan..." Kagawa's eyes sparkle as she puts her phone away. "I'm so touched!"

"You guys are causin' a scene..." Y/N facepalms, but she can't stop smiling. "Argh, I'm feelin' emotions today, disgusting."

"N/N! Look! I got two awards!" Atsumu cheers, smiling widely as he shoves them in her face. "Hehe~ aren'tcha proud of me?"

'...What do I do in this situation.' Thinks as she scrunches up her face, squinting at Atsumu's blinding smile. "...Congrats, Atsumu."

"Thanks! I'm so happy!" He laughs, smiling proudly as he looks at his awards.

"Don't let it get to yer head." Osamu deadpans as Atsumu sticks his tongue out at him.

"Shuddup 'Samu! Yer just jealous 'coz I got two awards and you didn't get any!"

"And with a new ego boost, Atsumu proceeded to talk about how he was the only player to receive two awards, forgetting the concept of shutting up." Suna narrates in a monotone as everyone sighs.

Rolling his eyes, Atsumu huffs. "Shut it!"

"We're proud of ya, really." Ginjima says, smiling as he pats Atsumu on the back. "Can't believe I'm yer teammate to be honest."

"Gin, don't give him more ego boosts." Osamu mutters under his breath.

"S'cuse me 'Samu! But my ego perfectly matches my skills! I can talk the talk 'coz I got the skills to prove it!"

"Oh yeah? Prove it."

"...Huh?"

"Don't question him, N/N, 'Tsumu's not the brightest." Osamu sighs. "Anyway, I'm so ready to leave and go out to eat with the rest of the team. When we leaving?"

Y/N shrugs as she takes out her phone to check over her messages. "Ehh, I think we're stayin' for a bit longer 'coz of stuff the coaches needa do. So we got a bit of time left."

"That sucks. I'm goin' to the food court then." Osamu deadpans, already starting to head in that direction.

"Sounds great to me." Suna shrugs as he follows, Atsumu and Ginjima also follow behind.

Noticing that she's not following them, Ginjima turns around to look at Y/N. "Y/N? You comin'?"

Y/N looks at the bag of the teams bottles that she's currently holding, knowing that they're in dire need of washing. "...I think I'll go clean the bottles before we leave."

"Y'know you can just clean 'em when we get back, right? There's no rush." Atsumu says.

"Yes, but then they'll be disgustingly dirty and stinky. It's got your sweat all over it, and unlike Rintarou's sweat, it aint' holy water."

"D'ya want me to go with you? I can help." Ginjima offers but she shakes her head as she smiles.

"Nah, s'fine. You must be super hungry and exhausted from playin' today, you should go eat with the rest of 'em." Y/N says.

"...Alright, I'll buy you somethin' if I find anything I think you'd like."

"Hitoshi... you're so sweet." Y/N chuckles. "Thanks, I'll be back soon~"

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Y/N runs down the hallway as she tries to catch up with her team, having finished washing the bottles. She would have finished earlier if she wasn't so socially inept.

'Argh... why can't I just ask for directions like a normal person...!' She thinks to herself as she continues running, thankfully everyone moves out of her way to let her through. 'I needa stop wondering around... No one cares if I turn around to walk in the opposite direction!'

'...At least, I hope they don't.' Y/N sighs to herself as she continues running, easily getting pass the people in the hallway. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees some people point at her maroon jacket and whisper to each other, but she doesn't have time to worry about that.

She starts to pant slightly, already getting tired. 'Argh, I'm so unfit.'

Some more people point at her and whisper. "That's Inarizaki's manager...! I saw her on TV!"

'Ew, please erase your memory.' Y/N mentally scowls, slowing slightly as she continues running.

Suddenly, someone walks around the corner, getting in her way. Not even flinching, Y/N easily dodges the person, having trained reflexes from managing the Inarizaki Volleyball Club for so long.

"Soz'!" She apologises under her breath as she runs around them, not slowing as she gets past them.

"Wait!"

Skidding to a stop, Y/N pants quietly as she turns around to look at the person in question.

"Oh. Sakusa-san."

Sakusa looks at her curiously, most of his face covered by his facemask as he stands there. Y/N takes a few deep breaths to lessen her panting.

"Didja need anythin', Sakusa-san?"

"Not really." He says simply. "You shouldn't run in the hallway, it's dangerous."

"Yeah, soz', I just wanted to wash the boy's drink bottles before we went out to eat, otherwise they'd get really stinky." She says, starting to relax slightly from running earlier.

"I see."

They fall into an awkward silence as they continue staring at each other, not really knowing what to say. Racking her brain for something to say, Y/N finally thinks of something.

"Yeah... um, congrats on winnin' the finals, Sakusa-san, and for winnin' Best Scorer as well." She says after a moments silence.

"Thank you." He nods slightly. "Your team played well too."

"Thanks."

"Yeah."

Falling into another awkward silence, Y/N internally cringes at the tension. It's too bad that she's not too good at keeping a conversation.

"Anyway, I'm in a hurry so I needa get back, soz' I-"

"Would you like to exchange numbers?"

"H-huh?" Y/N asks dumbly, startled.

"Would you like to exchange numbers?" Sakusa repeats, still looking at her as she blinks in surprise. It's hard to decipher his expression when most of his face is covered. After a few seconds of not thinking, Y/N finally responds.

"...But don'tcha already have me on Instagram?" 'Oh my gosh I'm so stupid.' She thinks in distraught, mentally slapping herself multiple times. 'Why did I say that?? Oh no. Rintarou's gonna kill me.'

Quickly recovering from her stupidity, Y/N smiles sheepishly.

"I-I mean, yeah sure..."

Taking out her phone, Y/N tries to stop blushing from embarrassment, she can't help being dumb sometimes. Luckily for her, Sakusa isn't at all bothered, instead calmly taking out his phone as well. Knowing that he would most likely not want her to touch his phone, Y/N instead holds out her phone to show him her number, watching as he types it in himself.

Absentmindedly putting his number into her phone, Y/N still can't stop internally cringing at herself. After a few agonising moments, Y/N finally puts her phone away and smiles sheepishly.

"Anyway... I'll umm... I'll see ya 'round."

"Yeah." Sakusa nods, completely unfazed.

Y/N speed walks away, wanting to get back to the team so they can laugh at her stupidity and make her cringe more. Scrunching her face as she cringes, Y/N mentally slaps herself.

'So embarrassing...!'

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

"Oh my gosh you're so stupid."

"Shuddup!"

"He finally asked for your number and you say, 'But don'tcha already have me on Instagram'??" Suna asks again, losing his mind as the twins laugh uncontrollably in the background.

"I get it! I was bein' stupid!"

"You nearly blew it... I would've cried..." Suna mutters, holding his head in his hands.

"We exchanged numbers in the end anyway, so stop complaining." Y/N deadpans, returning back to her meal as she tries to eat in silence. Of course that'd be too much to ask.

Sighing to himself, Suna crosses his arms. "Thankfully. Nice cover."

"Wait, so you got Sakusa's number, right?" Atsumu asks, smirking mischievously as he turns to her.

"...Your face is tellin' me that it would be a bad idea to answer your question." She mutters, doing her best to ignore him.

"Text him now! Text him now!" Atsumu cheers enthusiastically, eyes sparkling as he reaches for her phone. Annoyed, she snatches it away from him, not letting him get it.

"No. Let me eat in peace."

"Suna!"

"Text him! Text him! Text him!" Suna and Atsumu chant in unison, quickly annoying the third years at the other table.

"Can you second years keep it down??" Ojiro complains.

"We can, but we won't!" Atsumu responds, before turning back to Y/N. "Text him!"

"No!"

"Why not?" Suna asks as he smirks, leaning back in his seat. "The more you refuse... the more suspicious you become..."

Y/N sighs at this. "You're talkin' to the master of manipulation here, you can't manipulate me into doin' what you want."

"But we can annoy you into it!" Atsumu cheers, trying to grab her phone. "C'mon! It's just a text!"

"I said no! Osamu! Control your brother!"

"No."

Atsumu gasps in delight. "See?? Even 'Samu's not stoppin' me!"

"Nah, he said 'no'. Like I've been sayin', so he's on my side." Y/N says matter of factly, glaring at Atsumu and Suna as she holds her phone tightly.

"Actually-"

"Shuddup, Osamu."

Ginjima, who's been quietly eating the whole time, sighs as he puts his chopsticks down, turning to them with dead eyes. "Are you guys gonna stop annoyin' Y/N anytime soon? She already said she's not gonna, so don't bother her anymore."

"See? Hitoshi's on my side." Y/N says.

"But Ginnnn~!" Atsumu whines. "It'll be fun! Please!"

"Yeah, come on Gin." Suna cuts in. "It'll be fun!"

Ginjima sighs at this. "I've been hangin' 'round you guys for too long now, I know you all have twisted versions of 'fun'."

"Lost cause." Suna mutters as he turns to whisper to Atsumu, they quietly conspire together as they watch the other second years. "What now?"

"Knowin' N/N, she ain't gonna give in anytime soon... maybe bribes?"

"That's true... she is easily convinced by bribes..." Suna mutters, thinking carefully. "Any ideas?"

"Nope."

"Helpful as always."

Y/N sighs to herself as the two boys continue to whisper about her right in front of her face, putting her bowl down as she looks at them with dead eyes. They probably can't think of anything good to bribe her with anyway.

Turning to them, they straighten up under her cold gaze as she stares at them.

"...Buy me some stationery from Loft." She mutters, watching as their eyes start sparkling in excitement.

"So you'll text him if we do??"

Already knowing that it's too late to back out, Y/N sighs. "Yes. Fine, whatever."

"Yes!!" Atsumu cheers as Suna gasps in delight, they excitedly turn to each other and high five before squeezing next to her. Osamu, noticing the commotion, subtly joins them. He wouldn't admit it, but he wants to be part of the drama too.

Sighing, Y/N takes out her phone. She'll probably regret this, but at least they're happy. The only cost is her dignity.

Typing out a simple 'Hi', Y/N's about to click send before Atsumu lets out a scandalised gasp as Suna snatches her phone away.

"Don't just say 'Hi'! You hafta say more than that!! Quick, Suna! type out somethin' better!" Atsumu commands.

"'I love you.'" Suna says as he types it out. "That sounds like a good conversation starter."

"Alright, that's too far." Atsumu deadpans as he takes the phone out of Suna's hands.

"Argh, fine! You two are so annoyin'!" She huffs, snatching her phone back as she starts typing out her own message.

'Hi, congratulations for winning again. I hope you made it back to your hotel safely.'

"Is this okay with you guys?" She deadpans, holding her phone out to them. Atsumu and Suna rub their chins in thought as they read over the message.

"Hmm... you can remove the congratulations part, he doesn't need that." Atsumu says as Suna laughs.

Looking over their shoulders, Osamu clears his throat, getting their attention. "I think it's pretty good, starts a conversation." They all stare at him blankly, not really knowing how to respond. He raises an eyebrow at this. "What?"

"Didn't think you'd be interested in this kind of stuff." Suna shrugs as he turns back to Y/N's phone. "Alright, send it."

Rolling her eyes, Y/N sends the text and puts her phone back in her pocket, going back to her food. Suna pouts at this, causing her to sigh. "What? D'ya really think he'd respond right awa-"

Buzz. Buzz.

"..."

Y/N ignores her phone as she continues eating, not making eye contact with the boys as they begin to have a meltdown.

"CHECK YOUR PHONE WOMAN!"

"He responded oh my gosh he responded."

"I wanna know what he said sO CHECK YOUR PHONE!"

"Geez! You guys are more excited than me!" Y/N huffs, taking her phone out.

'Thank you. I did.'

The four of them stare in silence at the message. Quietly, Y/N puts her phone back in her pocket and continues eating. Cue the next meltdown.

"THAT'S IT??"

"Message him back!"

"You're our only hope, N/N! Keep the conversation going!"

Y/N groans as she slams her head on the table. "I already texted him like you wanted! Is that not enough for you three??"

"NO!"

Y/N facepalms and takes a few deep breaths to try and calm herself, slowly turning to look at Ginjima. The only responsible second year is currently eating quietly at the corner of the table, doing an amazing job at ignoring the chaos around him. Sensing her gaze, he glances up at her and smiles, before turning back to his food and ignoring her.

"Hitoshi, please help." She whispers to him. Sighing, Ginjima takes his phone out and types something.

Buzz. Buzz.

"WAS THAT SAKUSA??" Atsumu questions enthusiastically as she takes out her phone.

'No. – Gin'

"..." The four second years stare at Ginjima's text in silence, not knowing how to react. After a few moments, Atsumu recovers.

"Alright, since this is a team effort now, let's devise what we should text Sakusa next."

"We? I thought it was meant to be me..." Y/N trails off, realising that they're not listening to her, and instead planning amongst themselves. Sighing to herself, she takes her phone out and messages him herself.

"No, that wouldn't work." Suna says.

"It could... Or maybe she should bring up volleyball?" Atsumu suggests.

"Not everyone wants to marry volleyball like you, 'Tsumu." Osamu deadpans.

The three of them continue to discuss the Sakusa Issue amongst themselves, not knowing that Y/N's in the middle of a conversation with him at the moment. After a few more minutes of conspiring, they finally come to a conclusion.

"Alright, N/N, ya needa- wait what are you doin'?"

"Hm? Talkin' to Sakusa-san." Y/N responds boredly as she glances up at them.

"WHAT?!"

They instantly rush over to look at her phone, wanting to know what they're talking about.

"Whaddya talkin' about??"

"Has he confessed yet?"

"This is more interestin' than the drama's 'Tsumu forces me to watch."

Rolling her eyes, Y/N facepalms. "We're just talkin' about school at the moment. Y'know, like normal people."

"Boring! Does he know you're single??" Atsumu asks.

"I'm pretty sure everyone knows." Y/N deadpans. "Or are you tryna hurt my feelings right now?"

"Tell him you like volleyball players." Osamu pipes up.

"No no, you two got it wrong." Suna says enthusiastically. "Tell him you like tall, dark haired, flexible guys. Then say 'like Suna Rintarou' in the next text, HAHHAHHAA-ACK! I was joking!"

"Take this seriously, Suna!" Atsumu groans. "This is a delicate process!"

"Wait a minute, I thought you didn't ship us together, Atsumu?" Y/N looks at him questioningly.

"Oh I don't, I'm just here for the drama." He shrugs. "Anyway, we need a game plan."

"No, we don't." Y/N deadpans.

"Yes, we do!" They insist. "Trust us!"

"What kind of idiot would trust a fox." She sighs, feeling her patience starting to run thin. "You three better knock it off before I get mad."

"Just trust us N/N!" Osamu insists, smiling innocently. "We'll build you guys, uh, good friendship."

Suna snorts at that. "Yeah, 'friendship'."

"I'm not givin' you guys my phone!"

Y/N silently sits next to Ginjima as she watches the other three second years use her phone to text Sakusa. At this point, she's starting to think that the three of them are interested in him. They've only had her phone for a few minutes, but she knows it's too long. They're probably ruining her life right now.

Glancing at her, Ginjima sighs. "...I'll help you."

She turns to him excitedly, eyes sparkling. "Really??"

"Yeah, I'll help you get your phone back and undo whatever damage the three idiots have done." He sighs, wondering if he'd ever get a break from the chaos of the second years.

Standing up, he wacks all three of them on the back of the head as he snatches Y/N's phone away. "Alright children, that's enough. Play time's over."

"But Gin! We were gettin' to the good part!" Atsumu whines.

"...What did you three do...?" Ginjima hesitantly asks, feeling incredibly concerned.

"Nothin' bad, don't worry." Osamu rolls his eyes. "We're not gonna ruin yer life you know."

"Your words do nothing to reassure me." Y/N deadpans, glaring at the three of them. "Hitoshi, make sure Miya, Miya and Suna don't move. I'll be back once the damage is undone."

Suddenly feeling even more concerned, Ginjima hesitantly nods as Y/N leaves to go to the bathroom.

Y/N's too scared to look through the texts, not knowing what she'd do if she saw something she didn't want to see.

'Should I just message him and tell him it was the three of them...? Or would calling be easier to explain??'

Currently having a mental breakdown in the bathroom, Y/N starts envisioning terrible scenarios that most definitely will not happen. Her thoughts get interrupted once her phone starts ringing.

'Sakusa Kiyoomi is calling...'

'Oh no.' She thinks in distraught. 'I'm doomed.'

As much as she wants to drown herself in her endless thoughts, she knows there's no point. Taking a deep breath, she accepts the call.

"Sakusa-"

"I'm sorry."

"Huh?"

"Komori took my phone earlier and was messaging you. I apologise for any misunderstandings he could have created or if he said anything that made you uncomfortable."

Y/N breathes out a sigh of relief, suddenly feeling lighter.

"Oh. That's good."

"How is that good?"

"'Coz the twins and Rintarou took my phone earlier and was messagin' you too." She explains, chuckling slightly at the comedic situation. "I was about to apologise, but you beat me to it."

"I see." Sakusa responds simply, sighing. "I'm glad that Komori's messages didn't cause you any trouble then."

Y/N lets out a laugh. "I'm glad the boys didn't cause you any issues either, I apologise for the trouble this whole ordeal caused you though."

"It's alright, you have nothing to apologise for."

Smiling, Y/N lets out a sigh. "Anyway, I'll leave you in peace now. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah." Sakusa responds simply. "I prefer calling over texting since I don't like touching things. So if you ever need to contact me for whatever reason, just call, it's easier for me."

"Alright, bye then, Sakusa-san."

"Goodbye."

Hanging up, Y/N sighs in relief as she holds her head in her hands, she's lucky that there was no crisis. Finally leaving the bathroom, Y/N gets curious enough to look at the messages the three idiots sent, opening them up to read.

"..."

"You three have five seconds to run." 

~~~~~

WE DID IT GUYS! WE'RE MAKING PROGRESS! I BLUSHED SO MANY TIMES JUST WRITING THIS OMG I'M FINE I SWEAR

S-so what did you guys think...? //v//

I've been planning and building up to the scenes in this chapter for so long omg XD It lowkey feels surreal now that we're finally making progress... I took this slow burn really seriously... XD

This chapter concludes the Interhigh arc~ =w= I feel like time flew by XD Interhigh was so intense and I spent a lot of time researching and writing all the chapters, but now we're moving onto the next arc already omg :'D and the next arc... what I have planned... oh boy :)

That being said, I know I force you guys to look at my art a lot but sorry not sorry O3O
So here's one of my recent artworks that I'm really proud of:

Anyway~ I have completed majority of my assignments now, and only have one left OuO It's the hardest and most intense one so I hope I'll survive welp, but I'm so glad to have finished all my others XD I was on the verge of burnout because I was so exhausted but thankfully I'm fine XD

Thankyou so much for reading! It's been a long(ish) journey so far, and now that Interhigh's over everything's starting to move into motion... just as I planned... >:D huehuehue~ See you in the next chapter! OuO

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

256K 7.5K 38
"I love you y/n;)" "Aw I love me too!<3" 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙏𝙐𝙎: completed IN WHICH, some of the members of the Inarizaki volleyball team fall for the pretty...
298K 9.1K 67
The Miya brothers became famous in high school. Almost everyone into high school volleyball had heard of their incredible combo. They were a pair to...
444K 21.7K 53
SUNA RINTAROU X (OC)READER Six players stand on each side of the court. Six players, one mind, one goal. While there is no force more powerful than...
136K 4K 28
[[COMPLETED]] Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you were the Miya twins' older sister AND Inarizaki's Boys' Volleyball Club's manager? ...