The Hidden One

By idksomethingnotlame

"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes bac... More

0. prologue and cast
1. the train ride
2. first day
3. moony's class
4. broom lessons
5. break-ins
6. private lessons
7. quidditch matches
8. getting the map
9. hogsmeade
10. awkward conversations
11. birthdays surprises
12. spilled secrets
13. fights and feuds
14. fear
15. coming home
16. the final match
17. anxieties
18. the reveal
19. the story
20. the rat
21. werewolves
22. important conversations
23. going home
24. summer
25. makeups
26. hospital visits
reunions
holding hands
water runs
world cup
dark marks
presents
adult conversations
back to school
first day
ferrets
arguments
new students
quidditch players and veelas
the goblet
cousins
saying goodbye
new home
daily prophet
fireplace conversations
the first task
house elves
dates
stupid boys
yule ball
awkwardness
baths
the second task
articles
hate mail
mr. crouch
practicing spells
visitors
the third task
the graveyard
revealed secrets
angry ministers
memorials
failed powers
mirror conversations
nightmares
windows
revealed truths
food fights
new information
tapestries
the trial
boggarts
punches
ministry interference
throwing books
biscuits
detentions
final detention
high inquisitor
hog's head
hurt owls
room of requirement
lifelong bans
giants
thesterals
snake bites
big surprises
girl fights
valentine's day
the quibbler
last meeting
fireworks
office break ins
giant brothers
OWLs
orbs
archways
prophecies
letters
alive
the burrow
birthdays
pygmy puffs
broken noses
amortentia
tryouts
kittens
captains
new rooms
warnings
Christmas parties
Christmas eve
rings
poisoned mead
cracked skulls
horcruxes
Jealousy
Astronomy towers
broken backs
funerals
missions
missing ears
wills
polyjuice potion
engagements
engagement articles
planning
dungeons
doubt
godric's hollow
sick
promises
shell cottage
parents
dragons
ariana
diadems
nagini
elder wands
memorials (epilogue)
note from the author
sequel
a quick message
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter
bonus chapter

arrivals

12.9K 519 1.3K
By idksomethingnotlame

Hi! So, I've been struggling a little bit with motivation, so I've decided that I'm going to update the story when chapters get to 40 views. This way I have more time to write each chapter.

Also! Just a note: just because it isn't written, doesn't mean there's not any tensions or awkwardness between the characters. The adults are shielding Rose some, so while it may not be written, there are tensions. For example, Sirius and Regulus are not close yet, but they're acting amicably because they don't want Rose to see them argue. So keep that in mind. If you have any questions please comment! Thanks!

The next two weeks passed by quickly. Rose spent a lot of her time sleeping, but she was finally at the point where she wasn't completely exhausted all the time. Rose also helped her parents with the nursery and got to know James, Lily and Regulus more, as well as catch up with Cedric. Regulus spent a lot of time in his room, so Rose hadn't been able to get to know him as well. Dumbledore had also brought Rose her cat and all of her belongings.

"So...boy or girl?" Rose asked her parents. She was helping her dad put the crib together as her mum sat in a rocking chair and folded baby clothes. The rest of the room was already complete, the walls painted a light yellow and the furniture all white. The room was next to her parents, but the baby was going to sleep in their room for a while.

"We just want a healthy baby...but I want another girl," Sirius said with a smirk. Marlene threw a baby shoe at his head, causing him to fake glare at her. Tillie, who was laying next to Sirius, started playing with the laces on the shoe.

"I think it's a boy," Marlene told Rose.

"I think it's twins," Lily said as she brought them some water. "It was pretty surprising to be alive again, it was even more surprising to find out that your best friend is pregnant again and basically about to pop. And that she got old."

"I'm not about to pop," Marlene said with an eyeroll. "And I'm not old."

"Yes you are," James said as he entered the room as well. Marlene threw a baby shoe at him, causing him to fake cry. He made Lily kiss his head before he shooed Rose away and started building the crib with Sirius.

"That's not going to go well," Rose said as she watched the two men completely ignore the instructions.

"Miss. McKinnon?" Cedric said as he entered the room. "I have your vitamins for you."

"Oh, thank you, Cedric," Marlene said as she grabbed the vitamins from him. Cedric had quickly become a favorite in the house because of how helpful he was, but Rose knew he felt like he was a burden so he was trying to pay them back. "And, please, call me Marlene."

"Yes, ma'am," Cedric said as he joined James and Sirius, who were still struggling with the crib.

"So...what's it like to be alive again?" Rose asked Lily as she helped her mum fold the clothes.

"It's...weird," Lily admitted.

"It's weird to see color again. Where we were, there was only white most of the time," James added, cursing when he accidentally hit his thumb with a hammer. Marlene threw another shoe at his head, warning him not to cuss anymore.

"Yeah, it took me a while to get used to color. And noise. Sometimes I still get overwhelmed," Cedric said.

"That makes sense," Rose said before she turned to Lily. "Why didn't I bring you and James back when I died as a baby?"

"You were a baby. You couldn't," Lily said simply. Rose just nodded in understanding. It was weird to learn that she had died twice, but she couldn't imagine being dead for years.

"Whose owl is that?" James asked as he pointed to the window. Rose's breath got caught in her throat as she shakily stood up and let the owl in.

"Hey, Hedwig," Rose whispered shakily. The owl hooted softly and flew up to her shoulder. Rose untied the letter from her foot.

"That's Harry's, isn't it?" Lily asked quietly.

"Yeah," Rose whispered. "The letter...it's to me."

"How about you go to your room and read it?" Sirius suggested. Rose nodded and walked to her room, staring at the familiar writing the whole time. Hedwig didn't leave her shoulder.

Rose took a shaky breath before opening the letter. She noticed that the writing was messier than usual, as if Harry had been shaking the whole time. There were tear marks staining the paper as well, making some of the words run.

Hi Ro.

You won't ever read this. You're dead. Sirius is too. I don't know what to do. I want to reach out to your mum, but I don't know what I would say. I barely even know what I'm thinking. After you died, I went after Bellatrix and Voldemort came too. I almost died, and for a second I wished I did. Then I would be with you and Sirius, and maybe my parents too. But Dumbledore saved me.

He told me that I have a prophecy, just like you. I'm the Chosen One, or something like that. I'm also probably going to have to die. It's me or Voldemort. I almost wish it's me.

Everyone is sad. No one really knows what happened other than me and everyone wants me to tell them how it happened but I can't. Neville has told some people but he didn't actually see you die. I did. Lupin barely held me back from following after you. He was crying just as much as I was. I was able to escape from him and run after Bellatrix. I don't know what Lupin did after that. I haven't been able to write to him either. Hermione said that she heard from Tonks that he stayed in the room all night, but I'm not sure.

We're all okay, physically at least. Luna isn't as dreamy as usual. Ginny is quieter than usual. Neville jumps anytime anyone comes near him. Ron stares off into space all the time. I'll catch him turning to talk to you, but you're not there. Malfoy actually cried. And he yelled. He punched a wall and broke his hand. And you weren't there to heal it. His dad is in Azkaban too, but he's not even angry about that. He's angry about you. Nott and Zabini cried too. Their fathers were put in Azkaban too, but they aren't upset about it. They were the first to find out about you, actually. Them and Draco. They heard we were in the hospital wing and they came to check on you but you weren't there. Because you're dead.

Hermione is the worst. They took your bed away, apparently. Two days after. Hermione came down sobbing. She had to sleep in our dorm for a few nights. She's started sleeping in Ginny's dorm or in the common room when she gets a strong whiff of lavender and rose. She broke the Valentine's Day present I got you, because she would break down anytime she smelled it. She's been taking good care of Tillie and she's made sure that no one messed with your stuff. But she spent the night in Ginny's dorm last night because they took your stuff and Tillie. Said they gave it to your mum. Mcgonagall put a bed for Hermione in Ginny's dorm after Hermione begged her. She can't sleep where you used to. Even Lavender and Parvari cried when Dumbledore held a memorial for you. I hear they did, at least. I didn't go.

I haven't been going to many classes either, but no one seems to care. I'm just angry. All the time. I blame myself. I should've stopped you. I watched as you ran after Sirius, and I did nothing. Marlene lost a daughter and a fiance. Lupin lost a goddaughter and a friend, a brother. An unborn baby lost its dad and sister. All because of me. Everyone keeps telling me it wasn't my fault, but I don't believe them. I trashed my dorm a few nights ago. I had a dream that you were alive and then I woke up and saw your leather jacket. I don't even know how it got in my dorm, but it was there. And it smelled like you and it smelled like Sirius. And I lost it. I threw stuff, I smashed anything I could reach, I yelled, I cried. I actually caught my bed on fire, but Dean put it out before I could completely burn it. I only stopped when Ron forced me to. He held me as I cried. I should thank him, but I haven't talked to anyone in a while. It's probably not healthy. It's probably not healthy to keep your jacket either, but I kept it anyways. Your smell is starting to go away and I don't know what to do.

I don't know what to do.

I miss you. And Sirius. And I'm so mad at myself. Because I never stopped loving you and now I can't love you anymore because you're gone and it's all my fault. And it's my fault that we broke up too. And I don't know if you died angry at me. I don't know.

I don't know anything anymore.

But I know that I love you, Briar Rose Cassiopeia Black. I love your crazy hair. I love your grey eyes. I love your smile. I love how strong you are. I love how smart you are. I love everything about you.

But you're gone.

And I think a part of myself is gone too.

I don't know what to do, but I should probably stop writing this letter. I'm supposed to be in Transfiguration right now. I think I'm gonna go.

I will go. But I'll sit the farthest away from where we used to sit as I can. I should probably go now, class started thirty minutes ago.

It's not like you'll ever read this, but I'm gonna send Hedwig anyways. I don't know why. Maybe it'll help somehow.

I can't say bye to you. I can't.

I love you

Har

Rose was sobbing as she read the letter. Tillie came and jumped onto the bed with Rose, causing the girl to sob even more as she thought of Hermione.

Rose jumped up and ran to Regulus' room. She knocked on the door but there wasn't a reply, so she opened the door and ran over to the window, but it was already open.

"Rose? What's wrong?" Regulus asked as he stuck his head in the window.

"Can I join you?" Rose asked through her tears.

"Sure," Regulus said, sounding slightly awkward.

"What's wrong?" Regulus asked once Rose sat down next to him.

"Harry sent me a letter. And he's broken. And so are my friends," Rose told him. Regulus raised his arm to pat her shoulder, but Rose used the opportunity to grab his middle in a hug, crying into his chest.

"Oh...ok," Regulus mumbled as he awkwardly put his hand down, rubbing her back in what he hoped was a helpful way. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," Rose said, her tears calming down as she watched the sunset.

"It's not yours either," Regulus told her. Rose hummed as she watched the sunset, her tears slowly stopping.

"Why are you hiding up here?" Rose asked quietly.

"I'm not the most liked person in this house," Regulus said. "I was a Death Eater and before that I wasn't the nicest to Sirius or his friends."

"But you changed," Rose reminded him. "My dad said your tried to leave the Death Eaters so Voldemort had you killed."

Regulus didn't answer for a second.

"Yeah...Yeah, I tried to leave," Regulus said. "But I'd never go back to him. I don't have to impress my parents anymore."

"Good," Rose murmured as she moved so she was laying on the roof. The uncle and niece laid on the roof until the stars came out and the air grew cool.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Rose, wake up!"

"Do I have to?" Rose groaned. She opened her eyes and looked to her nightstand and saw that it was midnight. She had returned to her room at 11, so she was tired and cranky.

"God, you look like Marlene when she's woken up before she wants to," Lily told her.

"Yes. So let me sleep," Rose said.

"Can't. Your mum's water just broke," Lily said with a smile. Rose gasped and jumped out of her bed, suddenly wide awake.

"Why didn't you start with that?" Rose asked as she pulled on her shoes, knowing that the house was always cold.

"They're in their room," Lily informed her. Rose nodded and grabbed a scrunchie to tie up her hair. "Rose?"

"Yes, Lily?" Rose asked as she pulled on real clothes. She didn't know what to call Lily or James, so she had just called them their first names, like Harry did with Sirius.

"How...how's Harry?" Lily asked hesitantly. Rose glanced at Lily as she pulled her curly hair up into a ponytail. Lily looked tired. She looked like someone who was struggling, but didn't want others to know. Rose knew it must be hard, especially since she had a son that she didn't even know.

"He's...he's struggling. I mean, he's writing a letter to someone he thinks is dead," Rose finally answered.

"Yeah..." Lily muttered.

"Sirius! Get your butt in here before I kill you!" Marlene yelled, her voice somehow echoing throughout the house. Sirius stuck his head into Rose's room. His hair was pulled into a bun and his face was pale.

"Rose, your mum is asking for you. Lily, can you go get more towels?" Sirius said. Rose giggled a little and Sirius glared at her.

"Sure," Lily sighed.

"Lead me to mum," Rose said. Sirius turned around and squatted, allowing Rose to jump on his back. He took her to his room. Marlene, who was very sweaty, looked up and glared at him. Sirius quickly put Rose down on the bed next to Marlene.

"We're never doing this again," Marlene spat.

"I distinctly remember you saying that the first time," James said as he entered the room, eating a bag of chips.

"James, get out before I kill you," Marlene threatened. James quickly exited the room as Remus entered. He had been on an Order mission for the past few days, and he looked much more stressed than he had before he left.

"I'm here," Remus announced.

"What can we do?" Rose asked.

"Can you feed me ice chips?" Marlene asked. "I know that's weird, but it would help a lot."

"Sure," Rose said. Sirius quickly summoned a cup of ice chips as Lily entered the room, carrying at least ten towels.

"Where are you planning on actually pushing the baby out at?" Lily asked.

"I don't know!" Marlene yelled as she clutched her stomach in pain, letting out a hiss. Sirius quickly moved to sit behind her so that she could lean on his chest. Rose could see him wincing in pain as Marlene squeezed his hand.

"Probably the tub. We have it filled up already," Sirius answered once Marlene's contraction was over.

"Yeah, I'm leaving for that part," Rose announced as she handed her mum an ice chip.

"We need to check dilation," Remus said.

"Leaving for that too," Rose said as she left the bed.

"Can you go get your uncle? This is his niece or nephew, too," Remus said. Rose nodded and ran to Regulus' room and knocked loudly. Rose knocked for a whole minute before the door opened and her uncle glared down at her.

"Can I help you?" Regulus asked as he yawned.

"Mum's having her baby and Moony sent me to get you," Rose informed him. Regulus groaned and let out a few curse words as he closed the door on Rose's face. Rose stood there in shock for a few seconds before knocking again.

"Shut up!" Regulus yelled through the door.

"Are you always this rude?" Rose asked. Regulus opened the door, now properly dressed, and looked down at her.

"When you wake me up at almost 1 am, yes," Regulus told her as he started walking to his brother's new room.

"Why didn't you take a bigger room?" Rose asked as she walked next to him, struggling to keep up with his long strides. Regulus was easily over six feet while Rose had stopped growing at five feet.

"I like my room. It has a nice view," Regulus answered as he knocked on the door. Sirius yelled at him to enter so they did.

"How far dilated is she?" Regulus asked.

"Six centimeters already. Remus thinks she'll have the baby within the hour," Sirius answered. Regulus nodded and started asking Marlene questions as Rose went over to Lily, who was in the bathroom by the tub.

"Why is he taking over?" Rose asked.

"He was gonna be a healer and he had completed some of the training," Lily answered as she placed some towels on the ground around the tub.

"That makes sense," Rose said.

"Are you ready?" Lily asked with a smile. "You're about to become a big sister."

"I'm excited," Rose said as Remus entered the room.

"Rose, can you go make sure everything is good in the nursery? Tillie was in there earlier and I heard her knocking some things down," Remus said. Rose nodded and quickly hurried to the next room, letting out a laugh when she saw that Tillie was laying in the crib under the blankets.

"Silly Tillie," Rose murmered as she picked the cat up.

"I thought that was Tillie," Cedric said as he entered the room. "I saw her earlier but I wasn't sure."

"Yeah, this is Tillie," Rose confirmed as she picked up some stuffed animals that Tillie had knocked over. "She's very large, but only I can make fun of her."

"Got it," Cedric said as he observed the cat. Tillie was almost 30 pounds, but she seemed to have no health problems and she got around perfectly fine.

"How are you after hearing about Cho?" Rose asked. Cedric cleared his throat and looked at the floor.

"I'm fine. I was dead, Cho can do whatever she wants. I'm more upset that she knowingly made Harry cheat," Cedrix answered as he used his wand to fix a vase. Luckily, when everyone came back, they had their wands.

"Yeah...I think she's just struggling," Rose said. She heard her mum let out a loud scream. "So is my mum, apparently."

"You might want to stay in here," James said as he entered the nursery. "I just stopped by and they've moved Marlene to the tub already. Apparently the baby really wants out."

"Of course. The baby wants to meet me," Rose said with a smile as she sat down in the rocking chair, holding Tillie like a baby in her arms. The cat was purring loudly.

Cedric, James and Rose talked for over an hour as they waited to be called to meet the newest addition. Marlene had been yelling so loudly that James had put a charm on the room to keep them from hearing it.

"You can come now, but be quiet," Lily said as she poked her head in the room, a bright smile on her face. Rose gasped and put Tillie onto the ground. She rushed into her parents room and gasped again as she saw her mum holding a small baby.

"Hi," Rose whispered as she gently climbed onto the bed next to her mum. Her dad was looking out the window of the room, talking quietly to Remus.

"Hi, Rosie," Marlene whispered, exhaustion clear in her voice.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Rose asked softly.

"Well, this one is a boy," Marlene said as she smiled up at Sirius, who was approaching the bed.

"And this one is a girl," Sirius said as he climbed into the bed next to Rose, holding another baby in his arms. Rose let out a gasp.

"Twins?" Rose asked.

"Yep," Sirius confirmed, a small smile on his face as he adjusted the baby in his arms a little.

"Do you want to hold one?" Marlene asked. Rose quickly nodded and Marlene gently placed the baby in her arms into Rose's arms. Marlene moved Rose's arms a little to better support the baby. A flash went off and Rose saw that Remus had taken a picture. Regulus exited the bathroom, a disgusted look on his face. The look quickly fell when he saw the family, and was replaced by a smile. Lily, James and Cedric were standing by the door, also smiling. Lily was crying and James looked like he was holding back tears.

"What are their names?" Rose asked quietly. The baby in her arms yawned and opened its eyes to look at Rose. The baby had the same grey blue eyes as Marlene, but the curly black hair of Sirius.

"Well, the boy is Sebastian John Acrux Black and the girl is Arabella Vega Black," Marlene said.

"Still got star names, I see," Regulus said with a smile.

"Yeah. Rose's middle name is Cassiopeia, too," Sirius answered.

"I like them," Rose whispered.

"Want to hold Arabella?" Sirius asked. Rose nodded and let Marlene grab Sebastian from her arms as Sirius handed her the baby girl. Sebastian had been tiny, but Arabella was even tinier. Rose let out a gasp when the baby opened her eyes and grabbed Rose's thumb. The baby had Sirius' grey eyes, but Marlene's blonde hair.

"Hi. I'm your big sister, Rose. I'm gonna be your favorite person ever," Rose whispered. Arabella yawned and went back to sleep, still holding Rose's thumb.

"They love you already," Marlene told her.

"I know," Rose answered as she smiled at the baby in her arms. "I'm gonna call her Peanut cause she's so small. And he's gonna be Joey, cause he's small like a kangaroo joey."

"Good plan, I like the names. Don't know if I completely understand them, but I like them," Sirius smiled at her.

"Peanut and Joey," Rose smiled.

"How about we let your mum get some sleep?" Sirius suggested. Rose pouted for a second but she handed Sebastian to her dad and carefully climbed off the bed. She gave her mum a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodnight," Marlene whispered.

"Goodnight," Rose whispered back, leaving the room as Lily and James got to meet the babies. Rose fell on her bed, thinking about strange it was that two lives entered the world as one fell apart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132 5 5
a harry x reader story
393K 8K 28
Delaney Black. The daughter of non other than Sirius Black. This year she goes to Hogwarts and discovers things about her father, herself and her fam...
1.5K 10 25
[Re-Written] An unnerving Tri-Wizard Tournament. A Wizard-World-known celebrity in Hogwarts. And no time to daydream with a ghost from the past not...
721K 21.9K 50
πš‚πš˜ πš–πšžπšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšœπšŠπš’πš’πš—πš "𝚞𝚜" 'π™²πšŠπšžπšœπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽπš—'𝚝 πš–πš’πš—πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†γ€€γ€€ qο½₯:...