Break Down Your Walls

By writinggnerdd

"š˜”š˜³. š˜š˜°š˜­š˜­š˜¢š˜Æš˜„, š˜ŗš˜°š˜¶'š˜³š˜¦ š˜£š˜­š˜¶š˜“š˜©š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø." * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * š˜Šš˜°š˜®š˜±š˜­š˜¦š˜µļæ½... More

Author's Note
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[Epilogue]
Author's Final Note
~I'm Publishing A Novel~
~I Am Now Published~

[22]

15.4K 411 557
By writinggnerdd

~𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯~

*Tom's POV*

Can she really not hold a single drink. I let out a long sigh, rolling my eyes. "Are you feeling alright, darling?" I put back on my act, placing a hand on her back.

"I think so. I just am going to go use the toilets." She says, her words blurring together.

"I'll go with you." Miss Abigail states, grabbing onto Miss y/l/n's arm tightly. She looks at me for a second before stumbling towards the restroom.

If she can't hold down a drink, she shouldn't have had one especially not at a major event like this. Now she's going to ruin my whole plan. I can already see the headlines and captions: Tom Holland's new mystery girl gets wasted at her first public event!

"Don't blame her, mate. I think someone tampered with her drink." Haz stares down at Miss y/l/n's glass with narrowed eyes.

"And who in this room would want to drug a secretary?" I ask bitterly while also trying to understand the situation. If y/n was drugged, whoever messed with her, messed with me. Not because she means anything to me, but because she is supposed to be giving me a bit of freedom through our little act.

"Maybe the one that has been obsessed with her since he first saw her." He nods his head over toward a group of people talking and my eyes narrow in on Mr. Steven Lancaster. His eyes were wandering toward Miss y/n all night, but why would be drug her?

"If he has some fancy towards Miss y/l/n, why would he want to drug her?" I roll my eyes. That doesn't sound like a very smart way to get her attraction.

"To take advantage of her." Haz states plainly. My eyes widen slightly in shock at the thought, but I shake it away.

Haz picks up the glass, the ice slowly melting inside. He shakes it slightly, moving the ice out of the way. His eyes seem to catch something and he scoffs at whatever it is. "Tom." He says, shoving the glass in my face.

He motions his finger to something on the side of the glass and in the dim lighting, I try and see whatever it is he is pointing to. I turn the glass slightly and my other hand clenches into a fist. I see small white specs lining the glass that couldn't have been because the glass was dirty.

"Abby said Steven was the one who handed Y/n the drink. She didn't see him mess with it, but no one else touched the glass." Haz explains and I can feel my face grow red with anger.

My eyes search to find him again, this time he seems to be looking around for someone in particular and I know exactly who that is. I get up from the table, leaving Haz and his whispering questions behind.

I come up from behind Steven, tapping his shoulder lightly. "Looking for someone?" I ask as he turns around, his eyes widening in surprise at seeing me.

"Oh! Mr. Holland, I wasn't expecting to see you. And yes, I was actually looking for your secretary. I believe she left her purse at the bar." Does this man take me for a fool?

"Miss y/l/n's bag is at our table, which would explain why there is also no purse in your hands at the moment." I state plainly, crossing my arms in front of me.

A few eyes wonder in our direction and I don't want to cause a scene in front of everyone, so I put on a smile and place a hand on his shoulder. "May I speak to you outside?" I ask. He reluctantly nods his head, visibly swallowing in nervousness.

Once we get out of sight, I lose the fake smile and roll up my sleeves. "I know what you did."

"Did what?" He asks, trying to sound confident and innocent. All it takes is for me the clench my fists and step towards him quickly for him to flinch.

"If you lay a single finger on her, I swear." I threaten through gritted teeth.

"What would you do, Mr. Holland? She's just your secretary, right? Unless she's more than that. Then you would both have a lot to answer for." A small smirk forms on his lips and I narrow my eyes.

"I'd rip your agent from you. I wouldn't give you a reference. I will stop your pay. It would be very hard to try and find a job without my help. Hell, I got you the one that gave you that measly award tonight. So test me one more time and see how that ends up." His pupils shrink at that and I see his body relax in defeat.

"Find your own way home, sir. I don't want you anywhere near Miss y/l/n or myself. Grab your things and go celebrate somewhere else." I nod my head towards the exit door of the building. I can see the anger in his posture as he walks out of my sight.

Now I need to get Y/n out of here before she makes a fool out of us both. I head back into the reception hall and I look over towards the toilets to see Miss Abigail walking her over towards the table to sit down.

I quickly make my way over there, her laughing while leaning drowsily on her hand. "Mr. Holland, we should get her out of here." Miss Abigail states, looking towards the door.

Y/n's eyes meet mine and the widest smile forms across her cheeks. "Well, hello handsome." Her words slur together, but they are still clear and the sound of her ridiculousness makes my skin crawl.

"Let's get you home, darling." I say quietly, trying to keep up whatever act we have going now.

"Oh? You wanna go home? Let's go then." She pulls on my shirt to bring me closer to her, smelling the liquor on her lips. I try to keep a straight face, but who wouldn't be flustered by that?

"Yeah, come on." I take her hand in mine and wrap my suit jacket around her shoulders. "Tell the limo driver that Mister Lancaster, Miss y/l/n, and myself will not be joining you all in the ride back to the office."

"How are you going to get back?" Haz asks. "We could just leave early."

"We don't want to ruin the others' fun, do we?" I let out with a small roll of my eyes because it would have been easier to just leave early with them all. "We'll be getting a taxicab to the office and then I'll drive her to her home and she can ask a friend to drive her to her car when she is sober enough to drive."

"Alright, keep her safe, okay?" Haz's eyes are fixated on her, worry completely overrunning his figure. I simply nod my head before taking a better hold of her arm.

As we begin to exit the room, I casually wave to some other company owners and try to act like everything is normal. Y/n is surprisingly keeping up and isn't staggering off too much.

All of a sudden I feel her small finger tracing my jawline until she reaches the bottom of my chin. "What are you doing?" I ask, pulling away slightly.

"Admiring the sculpture." She lets out with a sigh and I wonder where all of this is coming from. Drugs don't make you say things you don't mean, they they make you say whatever comes to mind first.

I take us out through a side door to try and avoid any lingering paparazzi. We make it out to the street without getting seen and because this is a reception with alcohol being served, there are already many cabs waiting outside.

"Where are we going, Mister Hotty?" She asks with a small laugh as I help her into the cab. I don't answer her as I give the driver the address of the office building.

I look out the window, trying not to look back at Miss y/l/n. The ride goes by quite quickly other than her constant questions and sad attempts at drugged flirtation.

When we get to the office building, I drag her into my car and she stays mostly silent, but not before she says, "Woah. Of course you have a nice car like this. You're like Batman." I'm just glad Miss Abigail remembered her address, or else this would have been a lot harder.

About five minutes into the ride, I hear a loud yawn and then a soft tap on the window. I look over to see her head resting against the it, her eyes closed as she cuddles herself into my suit jacket.

I don't know why, but seeing her so relaxed makes my own body relax. I let out a soft sigh before placing a hand behind her seat, actually feeling happy. It isn't a front this time.

When we get to her flat's building, she is still completely out and I try nudging her to wake up, but she doesn't budge. Let me guess. She's dead.

I let out a long breath before resting one of my arms against the back of her shoulders while the other rests under her knees. I hoist her out of the car, her arms subconsciously wrapping around my neck.

Luckily she is light or else this could have been a lot more miserable. No questions are asked when I enter the building, though I do get a few second glances. I struggle to press the elevator buttons, but I manage while she still remains sound asleep.

I get her up to her level and I'm glad that Miss Abigail reminded me that her friend, Charlie, would be waiting for her so she could answer the door. I find her flat number and I fix Miss y/l/n's position before giving a hardy knock on the door.

I hear muffled movement from the other side before hearing locks being unlocked. Then I see a young woman's face, her eyes widened to the point where I think they might pop out.

"What the hell?" She lets out in a soft whisper.
~ ~ ~
Not gonna lie, it was hard writing in Tom's pov but I hope y'all enjoyed it haha!

I don't really know what to say here other than continue to comment and vote to let me know you're enjoying the story!

Thank you all so much for reading! I'll catch you in the next chapter <3

~Aidan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 31 24
"Are you going to keep in touch with him?" "I don't know. I don't think so though." "C'mon Y/N! Don't do this to the poor guy." "I know, I know. But...
3.5M 87.8K 122
this is an mcu peter parker imagines book! requests are closed as of 8/3/2021
75.6K 1K 22
#2 - tomhollandimagines 03/11/2020 Completed Story Tom Holland is a mobster leader, a ruthless cold blooded killer. He goes to form an allianc...
2.1K 178 21
"Life is your company, you're the ceo, hire and fire accordingly" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "I thought people apologized when they were an in...