The Hidden One

By idksomethingnotlame

"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes bac... More

0. prologue and cast
1. the train ride
2. first day
3. moony's class
4. broom lessons
5. break-ins
6. private lessons
7. quidditch matches
8. getting the map
9. hogsmeade
10. awkward conversations
11. birthdays surprises
12. spilled secrets
13. fights and feuds
14. fear
15. coming home
16. the final match
17. anxieties
18. the reveal
19. the story
20. the rat
21. werewolves
22. important conversations
23. going home
24. summer
25. makeups
26. hospital visits
reunions
holding hands
water runs
world cup
dark marks
presents
adult conversations
back to school
first day
ferrets
arguments
new students
quidditch players and veelas
the goblet
cousins
saying goodbye
new home
daily prophet
fireplace conversations
the first task
house elves
dates
stupid boys
yule ball
awkwardness
baths
the second task
articles
hate mail
mr. crouch
practicing spells
visitors
the third task
the graveyard
revealed secrets
angry ministers
memorials
failed powers
mirror conversations
nightmares
windows
revealed truths
food fights
new information
tapestries
the trial
boggarts
punches
ministry interference
throwing books
biscuits
detentions
final detention
high inquisitor
hog's head
hurt owls
room of requirement
lifelong bans
giants
thesterals
big surprises
girl fights
valentine's day
the quibbler
last meeting
fireworks
office break ins
giant brothers
OWLs
orbs
archways
prophecies
arrivals
letters
alive
the burrow
birthdays
pygmy puffs
broken noses
amortentia
tryouts
kittens
captains
new rooms
warnings
Christmas parties
Christmas eve
rings
poisoned mead
cracked skulls
horcruxes
Jealousy
Astronomy towers
broken backs
funerals
missions
missing ears
wills
polyjuice potion
engagements
engagement articles
planning
dungeons
doubt
godric's hollow
sick
promises
shell cottage
parents
dragons
ariana
diadems
nagini
elder wands
memorials (epilogue)
note from the author
sequel
a quick message
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter
bonus chapter

snake bites

10.6K 471 1.2K
By idksomethingnotlame

"He's a stupid boy, Rose," Hermione said. Rose was sobbing in her bed as Hermione and Ginny sat around her. Lavender and Parvati were sitting on Hermione's bed across from Rose and comforting her too. The two girls might've had their differences with Rose, but they put the differences aside to help comfort the heartbroken girl.

"Plus, I'm sure it's all Cho's fault," Ginny said softly. Rose let out a hiccup as she sat up and ripped Harry's sweatshirt off of her. She stood up and grabbed all of Harry's stuff she could find before stomping down the stairs, Hermione and Ginny close behind.

"Rose!" Harry yelled, tear marks clear on his face. Rose glared at him, although it didn't look very threatening with how puffy her eyes were. She roughly shoved his belongings into his arms.

"Eat dung, Potter," Rose sneered before turning around and stomping back up to her bed, where she quickly laid down and cuddled Tillie, her stuffed wolf from Moony not far away.

"Are you sure you don't want to hear him out?" Lavender asked.

"I've never been more sure of anything in my whole life," Rose sniffled.

"What do you need?" Hermione asked gently, although she was very angry with Harry.

"I want to go back in time and never meet Harry," Rose sobbed into Tillie's back. The cat didn't seem to care. The four girls in the room shared concerned looks.

"Did he ever even actually love me?" Rose asked through her sobs. She quickly sat up and held Tillie like a baby. The cat quickly started to purr. "Was he just using me to make Cho jealous so he could-could date her?"

"Of course not," Ginny soothed.

"Anyone can see how much he adores you," Parvati added.

"Then why'd he kiss someone else?" Rose sobbed.

"I-I don't know. Maybe it was Mistletoe?" Lavender suggested. Rose shook her head no.

"You can kiss on the cheek to get out. We-we did that back in third year...and the last year, we-we-" Rose answered, cutting herself off as she remembered her first kiss with Harry.

"Well...he's just a stupid boy! If he's willing to let a beautiful and strong girl like yourself go, then he doesn't deserve you. He doesn't even deserve to eat your scraps," Lavender said firmly.

"You think so?" Rose whispered as she wiped her eyes.

"I know so," Lavender said.

"You're right," Rose decided. "...it doesn't make it hurt any less. Am I too ugly? Or maybe too fat? Or maybe I'm too troubled like Snape said, or maybe-"

"You are perfect," Hermione said before Rose could go off on a self deprecating tangent. "Harry was lucky to have you, but Lavender is right. If he's willing to let you go so easily, then he doesn't deserve you."

"You guys are the best," Rose said softly as she put Tillie down to hug Hermione and Ginny. She motioned for Lavender and Parvati to join and they quickly did.

"Thank you," Rose whispered when they all broke apart.

"No problem," Parvati responded with a soft smile.

"We'll all hex Harry tomorrow. How does that sound?" Ginny asked. Rose let out a small giggle.

"That sounds good."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Rose! Wake up!" Hermione hissed.

"Really?" Rose groaned as she opened her eyes. One look at Hermione's face made her shoot up in her bed.

"What is it?" Rose asked.

"You need to go to Dumbledore's office. Mcgonagall just said so," Hermione said.

"Do you know why?" Rose asked as she got out of bed and quickly put on a robe and shoes.

"No, but Ginny just left. Mcgonagall came and told us, but you took longer to wake up," Hermione explained. Rose let out a small curse as she jumped on one foot to put her shoe on.

"Are you coming?" Rose asked as she hurried over to the door.

"No, just you and Ginny," Hermione said, worry clear in her voice. Rose nodded and quickly ran to Dumbledore's office. The gargoyle opened the second it saw her and allowed Rose to run up the steps, skidding to a stop when she reached Dumbledore's office.

"What's going on?" Rose asked. The Weasley's were all there as well as Harry and Mcgonagall. Rose quickly rushed over and gave a shaking Ginny a hug. Rose purposefully ignored Harry.

"Your mother and Arthur Weasley were attacked while working for the Order and they are currently on the way to St. Mungo's. You are going to be going to Grimmauld Place where you will meet your father and eventually Molly, as well," Dumbledore explained. Rose's mouth went dry and she started to shake.

"I'll- I can- let me," Rose stammered, too scared to make a full sentence.

"They are already on the way to St. Mungo's. It would look much too suspicious if you were to heal them," Dumbledore said. Rose nodded but her head was spinning.

"How-how are we getting there?" Rose asked.

"A Portkey," Dumbledore answered. "The Floo network is being watched. We are waiting for Phineas Nigellus to report back...I wish to make sure the coast is clear before sending you-"

Dumbledore cut off suddenly as a flash of fire exploded in the middle of the room and a single golden bird feather fell to the ground.

"That is Fawkes' warning," Dumbledore explained. "She must know you're out of your beds...Minerva, go stop her. Tell her any story you can."

Professor Mcgonagall nodded and hurried out of the room as a man in a portrait returned.

"He says he'll be delighted," the man in the portrait said in a bored tone. "My great-great grandson always had an odd taste in house guests..."

"Come here then," Dumbledore instructed and everyone moved up to his desk and put a finger on a kettle. "One...two...three."

The group of teens landed harshly on the cold floor of Grimmauld Place.

"Back again, the blood traitor brats. Is it true their father's dying? The master's halfblood fiance dying...?"

"OUT!" Sirius roared and Kreacher quickly scurried off to another room. Sirius anxiously walked over and it was clear that he was stressed. "What's going on?"

"Ask Harry," Fred muttered as he stood up. Sirius furrowed his eyebrows as he helped Ginny stand up. Harry reached out his hand to help Rose up, but the girl slapped his hand so hard he let out a squeal.

"Nice one, Rose," Ginny complimented as she helped the girl stand.

"We're gonna talk about that later," Sirius said as he looked between Rose and Harry. "First, Harry, talk."

Rose buried her face in her father's chest as Harry told them about a vision he had. Harry told them that he had been in a dark hallway and had seen a snake attack Mr. Weasley and then Marlene. Rose noticed the look that Ron gave Harry, but she was too worried to care.

"Is mum here?" Fred asked once Harry was done talking.

"She probably doesn't even know what's happened yet," Sirius said, his voice tight with stress. "The important thing was to get you away before Umbridge could notice. I expect Dumbledore's letting Molly know right now."

"And Moony?" Rose whispered. Sirius used a shaky hair to smooth some of her curls.

"And Moony," Sirius assured her.

"We've got to go to St. Mungo's," Ginny announced. "Sirius, do you have any cloaks-?"

"Hang on, you can't go tearing off the St. Mungo's!" Sirius interrupted.

"Course we can!" Fred said. "He's our dad!"

"And it's my fiancee," Sirius snapped before taking a deep breath and responding a lot calmer. "How will you explain how you knew about your dad before even his wife?"

"What does that matter?" George asked angrily.

"It matters because we don't want to draw attention to the fact that Harry's having visions of something happening miles away!" Sirius said angrily. "Think of what the Ministry would do with that information!"

"Somebody else could've told us..." Ginny muttered when Fred and George didn't respond.

"Like who?" Sirius said softly. "Look, Arthur and Marls were injured while doing work for the Order, and the circumstances around it are fishy enough without you all knowing about it seconds after it happened. You could damage the Orders-"

"We don't care about the dumb Order!" Fred yelled.

"It's our dad!" George added.

"And it's my mum and I've had a pretty crappy day and I'm not in the mood, so shut UP!" Rose yelled, fighting back tears. Fred and George huffed but didn't say anything.

"Rosie is right, it's not the time to argue. Let's all just sit down and drink some butterbeer," Sirius said as he summoned the drink. Everyone sat down and when Rose saw that the only empty seat was next to Harry, she got a chair from the kitchen, ignoring the glances from her dad and Harry.

No one said anything as they drank their butterbeer. The atmosphere was tense, and Rose could see that her dad was anxious.

"Fawkes!" Sirius gasped when there was a burst of fire in midair. A scroll of parchment and a feather fell on the table. "That's not Dumbledore's writing...it must be from your mother-here."

"It says that Dad and Marlene are still alive and she's going to St. Mungo's now," George read.

"Still alive..." George muttered. "That makes it sound like...."

Rose let out a sob as she stood up.

"Rosie?" Sirius asked as he stood up too.

"I'm going to my room. Please don't follow," Rose cried as she ran up the steps and slammed open the door to her room. She quickly locked the door and started pacing as her breaths came out faster and faster. Rose stumbled and hit her hip against her bed. Rose climbed onto her bed and curled up as she continued to cry until she fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you really think that I loved you?" Harry laughed as he circled around Rose. They were standing on a cliff and Rose could hear the ocean slamming onto the rocks behind her.

"You said you did," Rose said shakily. Harry let out a cold, humorless laugh.

"Me love you?" Harry laughed as he sent Rose a cold grin. "I was using you to make Cho jealous. It's always been Cho. You were just a toy."

"That's-that's not true!" Rose tried to argue. Harry took a step closer to her and Rose took a step back, getting closer to the edge of the cliff.

"It is true. I never loved you. I blame for for Cedric," Harry said coldly.

"Everyone blames you."

Rose let out a sob as Cedric suddenly appeared and stepped closer to Rose.

"Cedric?" Rose gasped.

"Yeah, it's me. The boy you used to make Harry jealous. The boy you let die," Cedric sneered as he stepped closer. Rose was forced to step closer to the edge of the cliff.

"I-I didn't mean to!" Rose sobbed.

"You could've saved me. You could've saved him," Cedric said. Rose watched as the muggle man stepped forward.

"This is all your fault," the muggle man sneered.

"It's your fault that I kissed Cho," Harry grinned.

"And it's your fault we're dead," Cedric and the muggle man said at the same time. Rose screamed as their bodies started to decompose.

"Why haven't you saved us?" Marlene and Mr. Weasley asked at the same time as they suddenly appeared.

"This is all your fault..." Cedric smiled at Rose as he, Harry, Marlene, Mr. Weasley and the muggle man all stepped forward. Rose stepped back and the cliff beneath her collapsed, sending her towards the icy waters below.

"Rose! Merlin! Wake up!"

Rose gasped as she sat straight up, clutching her heart as tears ran down her face. Sirius stared at her with worry and exhaustion clear in his face.

"Dad," Rose sobbed and she grabbed him and cried into his chest. "It's my fault...it's all my fault."

"Rosie, what's your fault?" Sirius whispered.

"Everything," Rose sobbed.

"You haven't done anything," Sirius assured her. "And your mum will be very upset to hear you say that."

"What-what do you mean?" Rose sniffled as her dad wiped her eyes.

"I mean, Mrs. Weasley just stopped by and told us that Marls and Arthur are ok. You guys are going to go to St. Mungo's later to see them, and Marls will not like it if you're talking like that," Sirius said softly.

"Oh," Rose mumbled as she sat up. "When do we leave?"

"We have a few hours," Sirius said. "I came to get you for breakfast."

"Ok. Let me get dressed," Rose mumbled. Sirius nodded and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before leaving, pausing in the doorway to give her a worried look. Rose wore a pair of black jeans and an old shirt of her mum's that was some band named the Beatles.

"Rose!" Ginny gasped when Rose came downstairs. Ginny quickly tackled Rose in a hug that Rose returned with confusion. "We were so worried!"

"Why?" Rose asked as she sat at the table and put some eggs on her plate.

"You were screaming like a maniac," Ron snorted.

"Oh...I'm fine," Rose lied. "Where's the cheater?"

"Talking with your dad," Fred answered.

"We'll hex him for you," George offered.

"Thanks, Georgie," Rose said with a small smile.

"Have you officially broken up yet?" Ginny asked.

"I mean, not officially but I figure that after I caught him snogging another girl he can be smart enough to get the hint. Especially since I gave him back all his stuff," Rose said sadly as she pushed her eggs around on her plate.

"Did he say anything to you, Ron?" Ginny asked.

"He...he said that he was in too much shock. He didn't know what was happening and he didn't lean in, but he also didn't pull away. He said that he didn't kiss back, though," Ron admitted. Rose sucked in a deep breath and stood up as Sirius entered the room, looking slightly troubled.

"Everything ok?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah, I'm just...just not hungry," Rose lied as she pushed past her father and ran up to the roof in Regulus' room. She was about to climb through the window when she saw that somebody was already there.

"I swear to Merlin, get off of my place before I push you off the roof," Rose sneered when she saw that Harry was sitting on the roof. Harry quickly turned around and stumbled through the window.

"Ro, please let me explain," Harry pleaded. Rose took a step away from him and glared.

"Who kissed first?" Rose asked.

"We were under the mistletoe and I-"

"No, that wasn't the question," Rose interrupted in a dark tone. "And a kiss on the cheek works for mistletoe, so you have nothing in your defense. So, who kissed first?"

"We...Cho did, but I...I didn't pull away, I guess," Harry admitted.

"You guess?" Rose scoffed.

"I don't know what came over me! I realized what I was doing when she started crying but I-"

"Did you even try to pull away?" Rose asked softly, but anger was clear in her tone.

"No, not till...not till you saw us," Harry whispered. Rose scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Never look at me again, never talk to me again, and never touch me again. We're through," Rose sneered as she pushed past Harry to climb on the roof. Rose didn't turn around but she could hear that Harry stood where he was for a minute before leaving. Rose wiped away her tears but that didn't stop them from falling.

Rose didn't leave the roof until Ginny came and got her, telling her that it was time to go to St. Mungo's.

"There you are, Rose," Mrs. Weasley said when Rose came downstairs. Rose happily accepted her hug.

"Are you all right, dear?" Mrs. Weasley asked when she saw the tear tracks on Rose's face. Rose saw her dad glance at her suspiciously so she put a fake smile on her face.

"Just worried for mum and Mr. Weasley," Rose lied.

"Well, they're all right and they're going to be very happy to see you," Mrs. Weasley smiled at Rose, who nodded and quickly walked over to her father.

"Bye, dad," Rose mumbled.

"Bye, Rosie. Tell your mum I miss her," Sirius said sadly.

"I will," Rose promised.

"Let's go!"

Rose jumped when she heard the gruff voice of Mad-Eye Moody, but she quickly came to the conclusion that he and Tonks were going to be escorting them to the hospital.

Rose stayed as far away from Harry as she could, and she noticed that everyone except for the adults were doing the same thing too. Anytime Harry glanced back at Rose, one of the Weasley's would glare at him until he looked away. Rose was so focused on ignoring Harry, that she almost missed the entrance to St. Mungo's, but Ginny quickly grabbed her elbow and stopped her before she could keep walking into muggle London.

Rose couldn't help but watch Harry out of the corner of her eye as he looked at the hospital in shock. Ron, begrudgingly, answered Harry's questions, but he kept him answers short. Mrs. Weasley asked an annoyed healer for the room number and then guided the large group to the room.

"We'll wait outside," Tonks told Mrs. Weasley. "We don't want to overwhelm them."

"Oh, thank you," Mrs. Weasley smiled as she ushered her children inside. "Oh, Harry dear, you too."

There were only four patients in the ward including Mr. Weasley and Marlene.

"Mum," Rose gasped as she quickly walked over to her mum, who had loads of gauze around her left side.

"Hey, Rosie," Marlene whispered as she pet the bed on her right side. Rose quickly sat down. Her eyes started to water and her bottom lip trembled.

"Oh, baby," Marlene sighed as she pulled Rose down to her chest. Rose quickly turned to she was laying on her side and clutching her mother's right side. Marlene shared a confused look with Mrs. Weasley as the other woman closed the curtain to provide them with more privacy. Marlene waved her wand and cast a charm so that no one else could hear them.

"I'm ok, Rosie. I'm going to be perfectly fine. Mr. Weasley, too," Marlene said softly.

"I know," Rose whispered shakily.

"Then what's wrong?" Marlene asked as she ran her hand through Rose's curls.

"He kissed someone else," Rose said softly. Marlene stopped petting Rose's hair and tried to stand up. "What are you doing, mum?"

"Killing him," Marlene answered as she stood up and threw the curtain open. Harry looked at her with wide eyes as Mrs. Weasley gasped.

"Marlene, you don't need to be standing up!" Mrs. Weasley said, worry clear in her voice. Marlene ignored her and pointed at Harry.

"You have to tell Sirius what you did," Marlene said coldly as she pointed to Harry, who quickly nodded. Marlene glared at him before throwing the curtains closed again and getting back into bed with Rose.

"Thanks, mum," Rose whispered.

"Anytime," Marlene whispered back.

"Tell me what happened?" Rose asked.

"Sure," Marlene said. Rose fell asleep again to the sound of her mother telling her about a snake and Harry having to tell Mr. and Mrs. Weasley what he did to make everyone so upset with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 785 14
"Oh, boo who lover boy." "Fucking bastard!" "Dont talk about shaging my sister!" Life and death go hand in hand, without one the other does not exis...
93.2K 4.3K 200
Welcome welcome everyone to the Joke book. These Jokes are Harry Potter Jokes only. Trust me you haven't seen these ones before, I know everyone will...
142 0 33
This is a collection of Harry Potter One-shot Fanfics. I have used ChatGPT as a creative assistant in my efforts to learn more about the capabilities...
1.4K 10 23
[Re-Written] An unnerving Tri-Wizard Tournament. A Wizard-World-known celebrity in Hogwarts. And no time to daydream with a ghost from the past not...