The Hidden One

By idksomethingnotlame

"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes bac... More

0. prologue and cast
1. the train ride
2. first day
3. moony's class
4. broom lessons
5. break-ins
6. private lessons
7. quidditch matches
8. getting the map
9. hogsmeade
10. awkward conversations
11. birthdays surprises
12. spilled secrets
13. fights and feuds
14. fear
15. coming home
16. the final match
17. anxieties
18. the reveal
19. the story
20. the rat
21. werewolves
22. important conversations
23. going home
24. summer
25. makeups
26. hospital visits
reunions
holding hands
water runs
world cup
dark marks
presents
adult conversations
back to school
first day
ferrets
arguments
new students
quidditch players and veelas
the goblet
cousins
saying goodbye
new home
daily prophet
fireplace conversations
the first task
house elves
dates
stupid boys
yule ball
awkwardness
baths
the second task
articles
hate mail
mr. crouch
practicing spells
visitors
the third task
the graveyard
revealed secrets
angry ministers
memorials
failed powers
mirror conversations
nightmares
windows
revealed truths
food fights
new information
tapestries
the trial
punches
ministry interference
throwing books
biscuits
detentions
final detention
high inquisitor
hog's head
hurt owls
room of requirement
lifelong bans
giants
thesterals
snake bites
big surprises
girl fights
valentine's day
the quibbler
last meeting
fireworks
office break ins
giant brothers
OWLs
orbs
archways
prophecies
arrivals
letters
alive
the burrow
birthdays
pygmy puffs
broken noses
amortentia
tryouts
kittens
captains
new rooms
warnings
Christmas parties
Christmas eve
rings
poisoned mead
cracked skulls
horcruxes
Jealousy
Astronomy towers
broken backs
funerals
missions
missing ears
wills
polyjuice potion
engagements
engagement articles
planning
dungeons
doubt
godric's hollow
sick
promises
shell cottage
parents
dragons
ariana
diadems
nagini
elder wands
memorials (epilogue)
note from the author
sequel
a quick message
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter
bonus chapter

boggarts

12.5K 510 999
By idksomethingnotlame

It was the last day of break before school started back when the book lists arrived. Hermione, who had quickly forgiven Rose about not telling her about her relationship, had brought Rose's letter to her room.

"I don't believe it," Hermione gasped.

"What?" Rose mumbled, too busy reading over the list to really care.

"I-I made prefect!" Hermione yelled. Rose gasped and looked and saw Hermione holding the prefect badge.

"Hermione! That's amazing!" Rose exclaimed. She wrapped Hermione in a tight hug as they jumped up and down.

"Oh! I bet Harry got it! Let's go check on the boys!" Hermione said. She was running out of the room before her sentence was even over. Rose walked as she didn't want to run.

"Did you get it?" Hermione panted. Rose finally reached the room as Hermione let out a shriek. Rose could see that Harry was holding a prefects badge, but the look on his face was sad. Fred and George were smirking as they stood in the middle of the room.

"I knew it!" Hermione exclaimed. "I knew it, Harry! Me too!"

"No!" Harry said quickly. He shoved the badge at Ron, who grabbed it quickly. "It's Ron, not me."

Hermione's jaw fell and Rose let out a little snort as she walked over to Harry and grabbed his hand, knowing that he wanted to he prefect and he was probably disappointed.

"Ron?" Hermione asked. "Are you...are you sure?"

"It's my name on the letter," Ron snapped.

"I...well...that's," Hermione stammered. "Wow...that's-"

"Unexpected," George finished Hermione's sentence for her.

"No!" Hermione quickly yelled, he cheeks turning red. "Ron's done...he's done loads...and..."

Mrs. Weasley entered the room, effectively ending Hermione's awkward ramblings. She was carrying a basket of laundry and she didn't pay attention to anyone in the room.

"Ginny said the booklists have finally arrived," Mrs. Weasley said as she started folding Ron's clothes. "If you'll give them to me, I'll go down to Diagon Alley today and buy everything...Ron, you'll need new pajamas. These are about six inches too short. What color could you like?"

"Get him red and gold to match his badge," George said, a wide smirk on his face.

"Match his what?" Mrs. Weasley asked, not really paying attention.

"His shiny new prefects badge," Fred answered. Mrs. Weasley shrieked and dropped the clothes she was holding in her hands as she turned to look at Ron, who sheepishly held up his badge.

"I don't believe it! How wonderful! My Ronniekins is a prefect! That's everyone in the family!" Mrs. Weasley yelled as she gave Ron a huge hug.

"What are Fred and I, next door neighbors?" George asked. Mrs. Weasley just waved him off and hugged Ron tighter, talking to herself about how proud she is.

"You know," Harry whispered into Rose's ear as she moved her so that she was standing with her back to his chest and their hands were interlocked over her stomach. "I'm almost glad I didn't get prefect just so I didn't have to deal with that."

"Me too, Har," Rose grinned. Harry gave her cheek a small kiss before resting his chin on her head.

"So," Mrs. Weasley said breathlessly as she finally let Ron go. "What will it be? We got Percy an owl, but you've already got one of those."

"What?" Ron asked. His cheeks were pink and he wouldn't meet anyone's eyes.

"A reward, of course!" Mrs. Weasley said fondly. "How about a new set of dress robes?"

"We already got him those," Fred said with a grimace as if seriously regretted that now.

"We could get you a new cauldron...or another rat, I know how much you likes Scabbers. Or-"

"Could I have a new broom?" Ron interrupted. Mrs. Weasley's face fell a little. "Not an expensive one! Just a new one, for a change."

"Of course," Mrs. Weasley sighed as she left the room, mumbling about how proud she was.

"Awww, Georgie, our little brother...a prefect!" Fred teased.

"I know...how sad," Fred replied.

"Shut up," Ron muttered.

"Or what?" Fred asked.

"Gonna put us in detention?" George asked with laugh.

"He just might if you're not careful!" Hermione yelled at the twins.

"Leave it," Ron hissed at her.

"We're gonna have to watch our backs with these two on our case..." George said with a smirk.

"Yeah, looks like our days as trouble makers are over," Fred laughed. The two apparated into their rooms but their laughter was still heard by the teens in Ron and Harry's room.

"Those two!" Hermione huffed. "Don't pay them any attention, Ron. They're just jealous!"

"Who's jealous?"

Rose jumped out of Harry's arms with a hand over her heart. Her parents had made it their life goal to make sure that Harry and Rose weren't alone. They would randomly sneak up on the two teens and laugh at their reaction. Sirius did it because he didn't want his daughter to date, while Marlene did it because she thought it was funny to see Rose's anger and Harry's embarrassment.

"How are you so sneaky?!" Rose asked.

"It's a talent," Marlene smirked. "So, your dad mentioned that you wanted a cat, and Dumbledore has allowed Remus and I to take you to a muggle store to get one."

Rose squealed and clapped her hands. She gave Harry a quick kiss and waved bye to Ron and Hermione before running out of the room, grabbing her mother's wrist to make sure she was following.

"Slow down!" Marlene yelled, amusement clear in her voice.

"Can't! I want a kitty!" Rose yelled back, skidding to a stop in front of the front door. She grinned up at her dad and godfather, who were both standing there and waiting.

"Remus, I can't tell. Do you think she's excited?" Sirius joked.

"I don't think so. Guess she doesn't get a cat," Remus shrugged. Rose narrowed her eyes.

"I'm getting a cat," Rose practically growled. Her dad just chuckled and wrapped her in a small hug.

"Be safe and get a good one," Sirius said.

"I will! Let's go!" Rose yelled and she opened the door and waited on the front porch as Sirius gave Marlene a small kiss and waved bye to Remus.

"Let's go get you a cat," Remus sighed as he exited the house. The two adults walked on each side of Rose and headed away from the house. Rose could see that they both had their hands in their pocket, seemingly holding their wand.

"So, how's tomorrow gonna go? You guys taking us to school," Rose asked. The adults shared a look.

"Well...you're gonna have to go by yourself. Not completely by yourself, of course. Marlene and Sirius are gonna take you, but you can't be seen with them. You're technically a missing child," Remus answered.

"You'll enter through the barrier and you'll have to act like you haven't seen anyone all summer. Your story is that you ran away and lived in muggle hotels the whole summer," Marlene added.

"That's...fun," Rose decided. She suddenly stopped and let out a huge gasp before checking for cars and running across the road, Marlene and Remus right behind her.

"Kitties!" Rose gasped as she opened the door to the per store.

"Her dad can turn into a dog and yet she gets excited about cats," Remus whispered to Marlene, who let out a snort.

"So, what type of cat do you want?" Marlene asked as she grabbed a basket. Rose handed her some items she had already picked out.

"A chonky one," Rose decided.

"A...chonky...one?" Remus asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes," Rose said with a firm nod. Remus and Marlene shared a confused look before continuing to follow Rose. Remus was constantly looking around to make sure that no one was watching them.

Rose walked around the store, sometimes stopping to pet a cat or a bunny. She would grab items she knew she needed and hold them out behind her until her mum or godfather grabbed it. It had been five minutes before Rose let out a loud gasp and practically ran across the store.

"This one," Rose breathed. It was a very large cat with grey fur and large eyes. The cat woke up when Rose came over and stretched before forcing its way into Rose's arms until it was being held like a baby. The cat was very heavy, but it was comforting. Rose could feel her heartbeat slow down and a tightness that had been in her chest all summer started to relax a little.

"Oh, I see you've found Stormy," an employee said as she walked over. Rose noticed Remus put his hand back in his pocket to hold his wand. "Stormy is about one year old and she was brought here a few weeks ago. The owners couldn't take care of her anymore so they brought her here."

"Stormy is a dumb name," Rose declared. Marlene snorted.

"What do you want then?" Marlene asked.

"Hmmm...Stupid Little Chonky Cat."

The adults were all silent as they stared at Rose in shock.

"Stupid...little...what?" Remus finally asked.

"Tillie for short," Rose told them.

"How is Tillie short for Stupid Little Chonky Cat?" Marlene asked.

"Because it's my cat and I said it is," Rose said, a bright smile in her face as Tillie started purring in her arms.

"Well, she seems very happy to be with you," the employee said with a smile. "Will you be paying now?"

Remus nodded and took the basket up to the counter as Marlene started petting the cat, her eyes moving around the store every once in a while.

"We're ready to go," Remus said as he walked back over, his arms filled with bags. Marlene grabbed some of the bags while Rose held Tillie like a baby.

"I'm gonna be a great mum," Rose declared as they walked down the street.

"You sure are," Marlene smiled. Remus didn't respond as he glanced over his shoulder. He suddenly pulled Rose and Marlene into an alley and apparated before they could say anything. Rose stumbled as she landed on the front step of Grimmauld. Tillie didn't even seem to notice the sudden change in location.

"What the bloody hell?" Marlene asked as she helped Rose balance.

"Someone was following us," Remus said simply as he threw the door to the house open. Marlene quickly ushered Rose inside as she and Remus threw down all the bags.

"Sirius!" Marlene yelled. Hurried footsteps announced his arrival as the portrait of his mother started screaming.

"What?" Sirius panted, his eyes wide with worry. He took one look at Marlene and Remus and turned to Rose. "Rosie, cute cat, very large. Go introduce it to Harry."

"But-" Rose tried to argue.

"Now," Sirius demanded. Rose huffed but did as she was told. She stomped up the steps and threw open Harry and Ron's door, scaring both of them. Harry quickly stood up from packing his trunk as Rose angrily sat on his bed.

"I'm gonna...go," Ron muttered and he quickly left the room, his trunk half packed.

Harry sat next to Rose as Tillie jumped out of her arms and started sniffing Harry. Tillie decided that Harry was good because she curled up in between Rose and Harry and went to sleep, purring the whole time.

"What happened?" Harry asked tentatively.

"We got Tillie and were leaving the store when Moony suddenly apparated us away and said that someone was following us. Then, Dad makes me come up here instead of knowing what's happening," Rose huffed.

"That sucks," Harry said as he started petting the cat. Rose mumbled a response and laid back on Harry's bed. Harry quickly did the same as Tillie moved to lay in between them.

"So...what's your cat's name?" Harry asked as he interlocked his fingers with Rose's.

"Stupid Little Chonky Cat," Rose said with a small smile. "Tillie for short."

"I like it," Harry said. Rose smiled at him and booped his nose.

"I like you," Rose whispered. Harry grinned at her and connected their lips.

"I like you more," Harry whispered.

"Not possible," Rose replied, leaning up and kissing Harry again. The boy pulled her closer and smiled against her lips.

"My eyes! Merlin! Someone help me!"

Rose and Harry broke apart and groaned when Ron came back into the room, stumbling around with his hands over his eyes. Rose sat up and threw a pillow at him.

"Ron! Go away!" Rose yelled.

"It's my room!" Ron yelled back, uncovering his eyes. His whole face was red.

"It's my house!" Rose reminded him. Ron seemed to hesitate for a moment.

"Fine. But I'm too young to be a godfather," Ron muttered. Rose and Harry both threw a pillow at him and he left the room quickly, angrily muttering about having to pack his trunk and being scarred for life.

"I can't wait until we're at Hogwarts," Rose mumbled as she laid back down, her head on Harry's chest as his arms wrapped around her stomach.

"Me too," Harry murmured back, kissing the top of Rose's head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Weasley returned at six that afternoon with all the school supplies and Ron's broom. Ron had immediately thrown open the wrapping and stared at it with amazement in his eyes.

"I thought we'd have a sit down dinner," Mrs. Weasley explained as everyone was called to the kitchen. There was a large banner congratulating Ron and Hermione. "Ron, your father and Bill are both on the way. I sent them owls and they are thrilled."

Fred rolled his eyes as Harry's grip tightened on Rose's hand. Rose leaned her head on his arm, knowing that he wanted the position.

Sirius, Marlene, Remus, Tonks and an auror named Kingsley Shackelbolt were also in the kitchen and Mad-Eye Moody entered soon after.

"Alastor, I'm so glad you're here," Mrs. Weasley said brightly. "Could you have a look in the writing desk in the drawing room and tell us what's in it? We think it's a boggart but we want to make sure."

Moody's fake eye moved and stared in the direction of the drawing room.

"Yeah...it's a boggart. Want me to go up there and get rid of it?" Moody asked.

"No, no, I'll do it myself," Mrs. Weasley assured him. "We're celebrating tonight. Ron has been made prefect! Fourth in the family!"

"Prefect, eh?" Moody asked as he looked to Ron. "Congratulations. Authority figures always attract trouble, but I'm sure Dumbledore knew what he was doing when he chose you."

Ron gulped at his words and his face looked scared.

"Wait!" Rose said suddenly. Most of the table looked at her as she looked to Moody. "You know what boggarts look like naturally, don't you?"

"I do," Moody confirmed.

"Well...what do they look like?" Rose asked.

"Get a magic eye and find out for yourself," Moody growled at her, but not in a rude way. Rose just shrugged and went back to playing with Tillie who was sitting in her lap. Mr. Weasley, Bill and Mundungus came not long after and dinner was served.

"I believe it's time to toast," Mr. Weasley said as he stood up and raised his glass. "To Ron and Hermione, new prefects!"

Everyone repeated after Mr. Weasley, causing Ron and Hermione to beam.

"I was never perfect myself," Tonks said, her hair long and red. "My head of house said I lacked certain qualities."

"Like what?" Ginny asked.

"The ability to behave myself," Tonks said, causing Ginny and Rose to laugh. Hermione looked as if she didn't know what to do so she took a large gulp of butterbeer and ended up choking.

"What about you, Sirius?" Ginny asked as she hit Hermione on the back.

"No one would make me prefect," Sirius said with a bark of laughter. "I spent too much time in detention with James. Remus was the prefect."

"I think Dumbledore hoped I would provide a good influence to my friends. Needless to say, I failed," Remus said with a grin. Rose smiled, remembering stories that she had been told.

"What about you, mum?" Rose asked. Remus, Sirius and Marlene all laughed.

"Marls was just as bad as we were but she was better at hiding it," Sirius laughed. Rose gasped at her mum in surprise. Marlene just took a sip of wine, a smirk on her face.

Dinner was loud, like always. Ron was telling anyone who would listen about his broom, Hermione was telling Remus about elf rights and how similar they are to werewolf rights, and Mrs. Weasley was trying to convince Bill to cut his hair. Mundungus was selling Fred and George some sort of product, but Rose was too busy playing with Tillie to care. The cat refused to leave Rose's side, even when the girl went to the bathroom.

Harry came back over to Rose after talking with Mad-Eye Moody and he looked very upset. Rose quickly stood up from the floor and let him lead her up the steps. They both hesitated when they heard crying.

"Hello?" Harry asked hesitantly. There was no answer so Harry and Rose searched for the sobbing.

They found Mrs. Weasley in the drawing room and Rose immediately stumbled back upon seeing a dead Ron on the ground. Rose's ears filled with a ringing and she couldn't hear anything. She watched as the body on the floor changed to each of the Weasley children until it turned into Harry. Rose let out a whimper as she stumbled back and fell against the wall, her legs not being able to hold herself up anymore. Rose held her chest as she struggled to breath and her head was swimming. Her vision was impaired by her tears and she couldn't see anything.

"Rose? Look at me!"

Rose tried to look at her mum but she couldn't. Rose let out another whimper and kicked away as someone tried to put their arms around her shoulders.

"Rosie, please," Marlene pleaded. Rose stood up to get away but swayed, falling into someone's arms as she passed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82K 3K 33
"Nothing was ever given to me. I've had to fight my way to survive. I was thrown to the wolves, yet I came back leading the pack. I'm as smart as the...
1.5M 54.1K 93
━━━ πŒπˆπ’π‚π‡πˆπ„π… | βπ—’π—ˆπ—Ž'𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍, 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 π—π—ˆ 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗆𝗒 π—…π–Ίπ—Œπ— 𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾 π–Ίπ—Œ 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗅?❞ β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬ *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧ *:ο½₯ο½₯゚...
14.7K 233 25
Alexa Lupin a mega-witch like her mother and werewolf like her father She was far stronger then any witch or wizard to have ever existed with her mot...
1.4K 10 23
[Re-Written] An unnerving Tri-Wizard Tournament. A Wizard-World-known celebrity in Hogwarts. And no time to daydream with a ghost from the past not...