The Hidden One

By idksomethingnotlame

"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes bac... More

0. prologue and cast
1. the train ride
2. first day
3. moony's class
4. broom lessons
5. break-ins
6. private lessons
7. quidditch matches
8. getting the map
9. hogsmeade
10. awkward conversations
11. birthdays surprises
12. spilled secrets
13. fights and feuds
14. fear
15. coming home
16. the final match
17. anxieties
18. the reveal
19. the story
20. the rat
21. werewolves
22. important conversations
23. going home
24. summer
25. makeups
26. hospital visits
reunions
holding hands
water runs
world cup
dark marks
presents
adult conversations
back to school
first day
ferrets
arguments
new students
quidditch players and veelas
the goblet
cousins
saying goodbye
new home
daily prophet
fireplace conversations
the first task
house elves
dates
stupid boys
yule ball
awkwardness
baths
the second task
articles
hate mail
mr. crouch
practicing spells
visitors
the third task
the graveyard
revealed secrets
angry ministers
memorials
failed powers
mirror conversations
nightmares
windows
revealed truths
food fights
new information
tapestries
boggarts
punches
ministry interference
throwing books
biscuits
detentions
final detention
high inquisitor
hog's head
hurt owls
room of requirement
lifelong bans
giants
thesterals
snake bites
big surprises
girl fights
valentine's day
the quibbler
last meeting
fireworks
office break ins
giant brothers
OWLs
orbs
archways
prophecies
arrivals
letters
alive
the burrow
birthdays
pygmy puffs
broken noses
amortentia
tryouts
kittens
captains
new rooms
warnings
Christmas parties
Christmas eve
rings
poisoned mead
cracked skulls
horcruxes
Jealousy
Astronomy towers
broken backs
funerals
missions
missing ears
wills
polyjuice potion
engagements
engagement articles
planning
dungeons
doubt
godric's hollow
sick
promises
shell cottage
parents
dragons
ariana
diadems
nagini
elder wands
memorials (epilogue)
note from the author
sequel
a quick message
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter
bonus chapter

the trial

13.5K 579 1.8K
By idksomethingnotlame

The next few days were filled with cleaning the house. Tonks had joined them one afternoon and helped them with a ghoul hiding in a toilet. Remus had been forced to fix the grandfather clock that sent out bolts all the time. He was not very happy when he was done. Mundungus had saved Ron from a set of robes that had tried to strangle him, making Mundungus much more likeable in Mrs. Weasley's eyes.

Hermione and Ron had started anxiously whispering about Harry's trial. Rose and Harry both couldn't stand it, meaning that they were spending much more time together. Rose had no more hard feelings towards Harry, and he was very glad.

"Harry, I've ironed your best clothes for tomorrow and you need to wash your hair tonight. A good first impression goes a long way," Mrs. Weasley informed him during dinner. Everyone stopped talking to look at them, and Rose grabbed Harry's hand under the table.

"How am I getting there?" Harry asked. Rose could tell that he was nervous, even though he was acting nonchalant.

"Arthur's going to be taking you to work with him," Mrs. Weasley answered.

"You can wait in my office until it's time to go," Mr. Weasley added. Harry nodded and looked to Sirius.

"Dumbledore doesn't think it's good for Sirius to go with you," Mrs. Weasley said when she saw Harry's glance.

"When did Dumbledore tell you that?" Harry asked.

"He came yesterday when you were in bed," Mrs. Weasley said. Sirius angrily stabbed a potato with a fork.

Dinner ended not long after and everyone went up to their rooms. Rose couldn't sleep, but she didn't want to bother her parents so she stayed in her room. It was 2 am when she heard footsteps outside her room. She got out of her bed and saw Harry walking in the hallway.

"Harry!" Rose whisper yelled. The boy jumped and quickly walked over to her door. "What are you doing up?"

"I can't sleep. I'm too nervous," Harry admitted. Rose grabbed his hand and started pulling him through the hallway. He followed her without question as she guided him to Regulus' room and opened the window.

"What are you doing?" Harry cried out when Rose stepped onto the roof. She rolled her eyes and gestured for him to follow, which he quickly did. The pair sat side by side and watched the stars.

"Can the muggles not see us?" Harry asked.

"Nope. Kinda strange to think about," Rose said.

"Yeah..." Harry mumbled. "Do you...do you think I'll be expelled?"

"Of course not. It was self defense," Rose quickly said.

"Yeah, but...you know what the Daily Prophet is saying. Everyone thinks I'm a liar," Harry replied. Rose grabbed his hand and forced him to look at her.

"They'll know you're not lying," Rose whispered. Harry and Rose stared into each others eyes.

"Your patronus is a doe," Harry whispered. It had bothered him for a while, because he knew what it might mean.

"It is," Rose said softly.

"Mine is a stag...and you heard what Voldemort said in the graveyard about soulmates...what does it mean?" Harry asked.

"I don't know...but I know that I'm happiest with I'm with you and we're not fighting," Rose admitted. Harry gave her a small smile and leaned in.

"Me too," Harry whispered. Their lips met once again and Rose placed her hand on his chest and he used his hand to pull her closer. The kiss was very awkward, as neither had had much practice. This kiss was longer and softer than the others, and both teens pulled away breathless.

"I really do care about you, Ro," Harry whispered, staring into her eyes.

"I really care about you, Har," Rose told him. She leaned up and connected their lips again, feeling warm and safe.

"If your dad find us..." Harry mumbled as he pulled away, but he leaned his forehead on hers.

"He wouldn't do anything," Rose mumbled.

"He 100% would."

Rose and Harry both jumped at Remus' voice. They quickly scrambled away from each other and refused to meet his eye.

"How long have you been there exactly?" Rose asked.

"Not long, but long enough to be scarred. Now get inside, it's 2:30 in the morning, it's cold and neither of you have jackets," Remus told them. Harry quickly climbed into the room and Rose followed, using Harry's hand to balance.

"Moony, my second father figure and favorite godfather?" Rose said as he guided the two teens back to their room.

"Yes?" Remus asked.

"Are you gonna tell my parents what you saw?" Rose whispered. Harry sent Remus a panicked look.

"Of course not," Remus said and Rose and Harry both let out a sigh. "I'm gonna tell the whole Order."

"You're no longer my favorite godfather," Rose mumbled.

"I'm gonna die," Harry whispered. Rose giggled and pushed his shoulder with hers.

"I won't let you," Rose told him.

"Oh, yeah, for sure telling everyone," Remus said. "Now go to sleep."

Rose and Harry watched as he stumbled into his room and closed the door.

"Want some hot chocolate?" Rose asked. Harry nodded and the two teens silently went down to the kitchens. Harry made the hot chocolate, as it was an official rule that Rose and Sirius weren't allowed to cook without an adult in the room.

"Thanks," Rose whispered when Harry gave her the hot chocolate.

"Wanna go to the sitting room? There's no way I'll be able to sleep," Harry said. Rose nodded and the pair went to the sitting room and sat on the couch. Rose put her feet in Harry's lap and he let out a snort when he saw her socks.

"Are those cinnamon buns?" Harry asked. Rose looked and nodded.

"They are. The house is always so cold that I've started wearing socks all the time. I stole these from my mum," Rose told him.

"What's it like...y'know...having a mum and dad?" Harry asked.

"Ummm...it was weird at first. It took me a while to get used to having them around and having someone other than Remus take care of me. But it's nice and comforting," Rose answered.

"That's...nice," Harry whispered.

"My parents will literally basically adopt you if you ask," Rose told him, sounding completely serious.

"I know, but...that would be weird," Harry said.

"Why?" Rose questioned, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Well...we have...y'know...kissed. And siblings don't do that," Harry stammered, sounding awkward. Rose let out a shudder.

"That's true," Rose said. The pair were silent for a moment as they drank their hot chocolate.

"Rose?" Harry asked. Rose let out a small hum as she took a sip. "What are we?"

Rose put down her empty cup and thought about the question. Harry put down his cup too as he anxiously waited for her response.

"What do you want for us to be?" Rose asked.

"I...I would like for us to be...Ummm...y'know...dating," Harry admitted. Rose blushed and she sat up and moved so that she was kneeling on the sofa in front of Harry and she grabbed his hands in hers.

"I would like that too," Rose told him. "I know I said I wasn't ready...but I am."

"Is it really that easy?" Harry asked, but Rose could hear the joking tone in his voice. He had a goofy smile on his face.

"It's really that easy," Rose whispered with a small smile on her face. She leaned forward and connected their lips and he quickly reciprocated the action. The kiss didn't last long because Rose had to yawn. Harry chuckled.

"Go to sleep," Harry told her.

"My bed is way too far away," Rose whined.

"Well...sleep here," Harry suggested, his cheeks pink. Rose nodded and Harry and Rose moved around until Rose was using Harry's chest as a pillow and his arm was around her waist.

"Goodnight, Ro," Harry whispered, feeling his eyelids grow heavy.

"Goodnight, Har," Rose whispered back. The pair were asleep within seconds, both having a nightmare free sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, no way in bloody hell!"

"Stop it! That's cute!"

"Can you shut up?" Rose groaned as she dug her face deeper into her pillow, which she quickly remembered was Harry when his arms tightened around her waist and Rose heard her mum let out a small aww.

"Can you get off my godson?" Sirius asked.

"What's goin on?" Harry murmured.

"What's going on is you letting go of my daughter," Sirius said, sounding slightly angry. Harry seemed to be too tired to care because he didn't move, and pulled Rose closer instead.

"Did you find him?" Rose heard Remus yell.

"Yeah, he's in here!" Marlene yelled back. Rose heard the door open and she knew her godfather entered the room.

"How are you two down here? I told you to go to your rooms three hours ago," Remus said. Rose mumbled an excuse into Harry's chest, but even she didn't know what she said.

"Wait, three hours ago?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah. I heard footsteps in the hallway and I followed them and I caught them snogging on the roof at 2:30 in the morning," Remus replied, and Rose knew he would be smirking. Rose quickly shot up, causing Harry to groan when she used his chest to push herself up.

"We were not snogging!" Rose said, suddenly wide awake. Harry sat up quickly too and his forehead hit Rose's.

"Ow!" Harry and Rose both cried out, rubbing their foreheads. Rose's pain quickly went away and she grabbed Harry's hand and watched as his pain went away too. He gave her a goofy smile and Rose suddenly forgot about the adults in the room.

"Good morning," Rose whispered, leaning forward and kissing his nose. Marlene let out an excited gasp and Sirius and Remus groaned.

"Nope! Not happening!" Sirius exclaimed. He forced his way in between Rose and Harry. Rose huffed but Harry looked very awkward.

"Yeah, I hate to break this cute moment up, but Harry needs to get ready for his trial," Remus said.

"Oh," Harry whispered, suddenly looking very sad.

"What time is it?" Rose asked.

"A little after 5:30," Remus responded. Rose nodded and stood up.

"You are coming with me," Marlene smiled and she quickly grabbed Rose's hand and guided her up the steps until she was in Rose's room. The two sat on the bed. "Spill everything."

"Well...we were on the roof and-and we were talking about our patronuses and then I was looking in his eyes and we leaned forward and kissed. And then we kissed again and stupid Remus interrupted us," Rose said with a huff.

"Yes, stupid Remus. What's your patronus?" Marlene asked, sounding excited.

"His is a stag...and mine is a doe," Rose whispered. Marlene let out a squeal.

"And then what?" Marlene asked.

"And then we went and made hot chocolate and we talked...and ummm...we're kinda dating now," Rose admitted. Marlene let out a scream of excitement and pulled Rose into a hug.

"And then you slept on his chest! How romantic!" Marlene sighed.

"Yeah..." Rose mumbled with a yawn.

"How about you go tell Harry good luck and then go to sleep?" Marlene suggested. Rose nodded and stood up. Marlene grabbed her in a hug.

"I'm happy for you, Rosie," Marlene whispered.

"I'm happy too," Rose admitted with a smile. Marlene let her go and nudged her to go find Harry. Luckily, Harry had just left the room, wearing a nice shirt and pair of jeans, his hair absolutely crazy.

"Hi," Harry whispered when he saw Rose. She mumbled it back and gave him a big hug, her head on his chest and his head leaning on hers.

"Everything is going to be ok," Rose assured him.

"I know," Harry whispered, but he sounded nervous.

"Harry?" Rose heard Mrs. Weasley yell.

"Looks like you gotta go," Rose mumbled.

"Yeah..."

"Good luck," Rose whispered. She stood on her tippy toes and gave Harry a short kiss.

"I'll see you soon," Harry mumbled. He squeezed Rose one more time and gave her another small kiss before walking down the steps. Rose slowly went back to her room and immediately walked into her mother's waiting arms.

"He's gonna be ok," Marlene said softly. Rose nodded and hoped that she was right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next few hours were tense. Despite how tired she was, Rose only slept for about 3 hours before waking up again. She ate a small breakfast before quickly rushing back up to her room, away from her father's eyes. She wasn't ready to have the whole relationship talk with him.

It was midday before Harry and Mr. Weasley arrived. When Rose heard the door open she ran down the steps. Harry grinned at her and nodded. Rose let out a happy squeal and jumped into his arms. He quickly spun her around, letting out happy laughs. Hurried footsteps announced the arrival of Ron and Hermione.

"I knew it! You always get off!" Ron yelled. Harry put down Rose and gave Ron a small hug too.

"They were bound to let you off. You didn't do anything," Hermione said. The quartet entered the kitchen, Harry and Rose holding hands.

"You all sound relieved, seeing as you knew they would let me off," Harry teased. The twins and Ginny were chanting 'he got off' repeatedly.

"Knock it off," Mr. Weasley snapped at them, but they kept chanting. "Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministy-"

Rose immediately froze upon hearing the name. She stopped walking and the smile fell off her face. Harry turned and gave her an inquisitive stare. She had started to shake and her heart was practically beating out of her chest.

"Hey, it's ok," Harry whispered. He guided her out into the hallway and entrapped her in a hug. She grabbed the front of his shirt and tried to calm her breathing.

"He hurt me, Har," Rose practically sobbed. She was fighting back tears.

"He'll never hurt you again," Harry promised. He kissed the top of her head and started slowly swaying her. The pair stayed that way for a few minutes as Rose calmed down before the door opened.

"Everything ok?"

Rose looked to see Remus looking at them with worry on his face. Rose nodded and stepped away from Harry to give her godfather a hug, which he quickly returned.

"He scares me," Rose whispered.

"I know," Remus whispered back. "Do you want to go join everyone in the kitchen or go somewhere else?"

"The kitchen," Rose whispered. Remus nodded and let her go. Rose reached back and grabbed Harry's hand. She took a deep breath and followed Remus back into the kitchen. Her mum and dad sent her a look and she shook her head as she sat down next to Harry, not letting go of his hand.

"We knew that Dumbledore would help you!" Ron exclaimed happily when he saw Harry. Ron shoved a big spoonful of mashed potatoes in his mouth and Harry and Rose started grabbing food too.

"Yeah, he swung it for me," Harry agreed, sneaking an extra chocolate chip cookie for Rose. "I just wish he would've talked to me. Or at least looked at me."

Harry suddenly grabbed his forehead and Rose reached up and grabbed his arm, only to pull her hand away with a hiss when the scar on her hand started to burn. Hermione was the only person to notice.

"What's happened?" Hermione asked.

"Scar..." Harry mumbled. "It's fine...happens every day now."

"Do you reckon Dumbledore will be able to come celebrate tonight?" Ron asked.

"I doubt it. He's a very busy man," Mrs. Weasley replied before screaming at the twins and Ginny, who were still chanting 'he got off'.

Rose massaged her scar, her mind racing as she thought about what the pain might be from.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Harry and Rose managed to avoid Sirius over the next few days. It wasn't that hard, as he would often spend more time with Buckbeak.

"Don't feel guilty, Harry," Hermione advised when Harry told her his worries that Sirius was upset with him. "You belong at Hogwarts, and Sirius knows it. I personally believe he's being a bit selfish."

"That's my dad, Hermione," Rose huffed as she scrubbed mold off the floor. "He's just lonely. He's stuck in the one place he hates the most."

"He'll still have company!" Hermione argued. "He has Marlene and the whole Order!"

"That's true, but this house holds so many bad memories. Having us here has helped, and now we're going to be leaving. Now drop it," Rose demanded. Hermione huffed but did as she was asked.

"Still not done?" Mrs. Weasley asked as she entered the room.

"We've cleaned up so much mold!" Ron told her.

"You said you wanted to help the Order, and you are," Mrs. Weasley reminded him, before passing through into another room.

"I feel like a house elf," Ron groaned. Hermione immediately started talking about SPEW.

"How long until they stop arguing?" Rose groaned to Harry.

"Long enough for me to do this," Harry grinned. He gave Rose a kiss and she smiled, leaning into his chest.

"When the bloody hell did that happen?!" Ron yelled. He and Hermione were staring at Rose and Harry in shock and they suddenly remembered that they hadn't told their friends. The only people who knew what was going on was Rose's parents and godfather.

"Umm...the morning of the trial at like, 3 am," Harry answered.

"And why weren't we told?" Hermione asked, obviously upset.

"So much has been happening, I guess we kinda...forgot," Rose admitted.

"Fred and George owe me five galleons!" Rom gasped and he quickly ran out of the room. Hermione followed him, looking very upset.

"Hermione hates me now," Rose sighed.

"She doesn't hate you. She's probably just upset that we haven't told them," Harry assured her.

"No, she hates me. She's never going to talk to me again and I'll be stuck only talking to you forever because Ron likes her so he'll follow her," Rose groaned.

"Is it really a problem to be stuck with me?" Harry asked, looking slightly offended.

"Of course not," Rose smiled and she started leaning in when the door slammed open and Sirius entered.

"Nope!" Sirius yelled. Rose rolled her eyes but stepped away from Harry to look at her dad. She noticed her mum behind her dad, looking embarrassed.

"Can I help you? I'm kinda in the middle of something," Rose said.

"We actually need to talk to you two," Marlene said. She guided them to one couch and she and Sirius sat on the one across from them. Sirius was glaring at Harry, who was looking everywhere but at the man.

"Since you two are together," Sirius said with a grimace and a shudder. Marlene hit his shoulder as the two teens blushed. "We have to set some rules. First, we're too young to be grandparents so don't do that. Ever."

Harry started coughing on his own spit as Marlene rolled her eyes. Rose blushed even more and tried to hide in the many pillows on the couch.

"Second, no kissing and being all cute here. We don't want to see it," Sirius continued.

"Anything else?" Rose squeaked out.

"Hmm...I think that's it. But I will inform you of any more," Sirius said.

"He forgot the main thing. We're happy for you but, Harry, if you hurt her we'll kill you," Marlene said. Harry nodded quickly and Rose quickly got up off the couch and ran out of the room, dragging Harry with her.

"We're never doing that again," Rose panted. Harry still looked frightened so she reached up and pecked his lips. His face broke out into a smile and Rose felt happier than she ever had been in her life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 785 14
"Oh, boo who lover boy." "Fucking bastard!" "Dont talk about shaging my sister!" Life and death go hand in hand, without one the other does not exis...
9.1K 284 27
"Y/n, could you please join us in the real world for a few moments?" She grumbles in complaint, "But my book is getting to the good bit." "And the g...
1.4K 10 23
[Re-Written] An unnerving Tri-Wizard Tournament. A Wizard-World-known celebrity in Hogwarts. And no time to daydream with a ghost from the past not...
2.1K 35 9
Just some fanfic and oneshots of the Marauders! Hope you enjoy, and please leave comments and constructive feedback! [All characters belong to JK Row...