She belongs with me

By heavenlyxmoon

'I know you want this just as bad as I do,' he mumbles as his fingertips stroke against my cheek, towards my... More

She belongs with me
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
on hold
47
48
49
Epilogue

10

4.3K 142 63
By heavenlyxmoon

{Caleb}

After I've dropped Olivia off at home I drive back to my own house. My parents are away for the weekend since they're staying with some friends. When I park the truck in the driveway I see a girl sitting on the little stairs in front of my house, Camila. I raise my eyebrows and get out of the truck.

'Camila?' I ask confused and she looks up, her eyes red and her cheeks are wet from the tears. She's crying.

'Caleb,' she mumbles. 'I... I didn't know where else to go and I...' She sobs and more tears fall down her cheeks.

'What happened?' I ask her as I sit down next to her, but then I smell it, the alcohol. She's drunk again.

'I tried,' Camila cries. 'I really tried to stop drinking. But I... I can't, Caleb.' I bite my lip and close my eyes for a second. What am I supposed to do now? I can't just turn her down and send her away. I can't take her home since her parents will kill her.

'Cam, you need to seek help,' I slowly say, placing my hand on her thigh. 'You'll ruin yourself if you keep doing this.'

'I already did,' she mumbles. 'I fucked it up. You hate me, my parents will hate me when they find out. I have no one.'

'I don't hate you,' I sigh. 'But you hurt me Camila. You need to understand that.' She sighs and gets up.

'I'll leave,' she whispers and she wants to take a step, but she almost falls. I quickly catch her and get up as well.

'You can stay for the night,' I say to her. 'My parents aren't home. But promise me you'll seek professional help.' Camila nods and looks at me. Her green eyes are staring deeply into mine.

'Thanks,' she mumbles. I nod and quickly look away, leading Camila inside. I know I should just bring her home, but I just can't. I know how her parents can be. They'll get really mad when they find out Camila is drunk, again. I know I shouldn't feel responsible about her, but I can't help it. She's been part of my life for quite some time now, and I can't just turn my back on her. I can't pretend that I don't care about her anymore, that I don't have feelings for her anymore.

I help Camila up the stairs to my bedroom and gently lay her down on my bed.

'Caleb,' Camila murmurs. 'I'm sorry I hurt you.' I don't say anything and help her take off her shoes. What am I supposed to say? It's fine? Because it's not. I won't forget what she did to me.

Camila takes the rest of her clothes off, except for her underwear and I hand her one of my hoodies. Suddenly I remember that Olivia still has mine. I shrug my shoulders. She can keep it if she wants.

When Camila crawls underneath the sheets I get undressed as well and lie down next to her.

'God, I love your body,' Camila sighs, her fingertips trailing down the lines of my abs.

'Don't,' I mumble pushing her hand away. Camila looks up to me and bites her lip.

'We could have fun,' she says. 'Without a relationship. No feelings attached.' Is she serious right now?

'Camila, you know I can't do that,' I say to her. 'How am I supposed to move on from you if you keep doing this?'

'You don't have to move on,' she says. 'I like you and you like me. We could get back together.'

'You only like me because there is another girl who gets my attention,' I mumble.

'So you do like her.' Camila rolls back on her back and sighs. 'I knew it.'

'Stop it!' I hiss. 'Just stop. This is the reason we will never work. You always jump to conclusions. and assume the worst. I'm done, Camila.' I shake my head and sigh deeply.

'Tell me I'm wrong then,' Camila says. 'Tell me you don't have feelings for Olivia. All you think about is her. That's why you won't forgive me. She's gotten into your head.' I close my eyes for a few seconds to prevent myself from shouting at her.

'You have two options,' I then calmly say. 'You either shut your mouth and go to sleep, or I bring you to your parents.' Camila rolls her eyes and turns around so her back is facing me. She's pulling the covers more to her side, but I couldn't care less. I'll sleep without a blanket if I have to. I won't fall for her tricks anymore.

I grab my phone from the nightstand and see that Olivia texted me.

[12.23 AM]

Thank you for tonight. It was fun x

[12.55 AM]

No problem. Goodnight x

I put my phone away again and glance over at Camila for a second. Am I too hard for her? She has a drinking problem and all I do being rude to her. I sigh and slide towards her, slowly wrapping my arms around her body.

'I'm sorry,' I whisper, pressing a small kiss in her neck. Camila turns around and smiles softly.

'It's okay,' she mumbles, laying her head against my chest. I gently let my fingers glide through her brown hair. Camila looks up, her green eyes locking mine. Slowly she lets her lips touch mine, and I respond to her kiss for a moment, until her hand glides down towards my boxers.

'We shouldn't do this,' I murmur, pulling away from her.

'It's just sex,' Camila says, letting her fingers glide over the cotton fabric. I shake my head and push her hand away.

'Not to me.' Camila sighs and turns away from me.

What was I thinking? I shouldn't have kissed Camila. We broke up and it stays that way. I can't let my feelings for her speak anymore. Our break up is for the best, for everyone. I can't be involved in her life anymore, not in the way she wants me to.

I turn my back towards Camila and close my eyes, trying to get some sleep.

*****

{Olivia}

'I want to hear everything!' I say to Nora, holding my phone up close to my ear.

'Okay, so we went to the park and we had a little walk there,' Nora tells me. 'It was nothing special, but we got to talk a lot and he bought me ice cream.' I laugh and shake my head. Nora loves ice cream more than anything.

'And later that night we went to the drive in theatre,' she says then. 'Liv, he's so sweet. There aren't a lot of guys like him anymore.'

'But did you kiss?' I ask her. I have to know as het best friend.

'Yes,' she mumbles and I smile.

'I'm so happy for you!' I exclaim.

'Olivia, I think I'm catching feelings for him,' Nora sighs.

'Why are you sighing?' I ask. 'Catching feelings is a good thing!'

'I don't know,' she murmurs. 'I don't want to ruin it.'

'You won't,' I assure her. 'Isaac is a great guy, Caleb told me himself.'

'Yeah, about Caleb...' Nora begins. 'What is the thing with you two?'

'We're just friends,' I explain. 'We get along really well.'

'I can see that.' Nora laughs for a moment. 'But are you sure you are just friends?'

'Yes,' I sigh. 'I'm with Liam and he just got out of a relationship.'

'Yeah, but I can see the way you look at each other sometimes...'

'Nora!' I hiss. 'There is nothing going on between me and Caleb.'

'So you don't think he's handsome?' Nora mumbles. 'Not even a little bit?' I sigh and shake my head. Of course I think he is handsome, but that's not the point. Caleb and I can't be involved, not in that way.

'It doesn't matter what I think,' I say then. 'I'm still in a relationship with Liam and I won't let him go, I can't.'

'I hope he wakes up soon,' Nora murmurs. 'He can't miss our whole senior year.' I bite my lip and sit down on my bed.

'Nor, I... I don't think Liam will graduate with us,' I admit. 'When he wakes up, he'll need to recover. Hell, we don't even know if there's any other damage. He won't be attending school any time soon.' I wipe the upcoming tears out of my eyes and take a deep breath.

'It sucks though,' Nora softly says. 'We were supposed to graduate together. You, me, Liam and my future boyfriend.'

'I know,' I mumble. 'I wish I could do something for him. I visit him almost every day. I talk to him, hoping he can hear me. Nothing helps. He has to do it on his own.'

'Liam is a strong guy,' Nora says. 'He'll get through this. He won't leave this world without his diploma.' I laugh.

'You're right,' I agree with her. Liam is strong. He has worked so hard for everything he's achieved. He's captain of the basketball team and has straight A's on top of that. Not many people could do the same. I'm really proud of him.

'Oh, I have to go,' Nora suddenly says. 'My mom is yelling at me again that I have to help her with the groceries.'

'Well, be a good daughter then,' I chuckle before we both hang up.

I lie down on my bed and decide to scroll to my pictures. There are a lot of me and Liam. I smile as I look at them. He really means the world to me. Our relationship isn't perfect, but we'll find a way, we always do.

(I decided to work with a uploading schedule from now on. I have written my chapters up 'till 24, so I will post three times a week. On Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. So now you guys have more clarity on when I'll upload. I don't have an exact time or something. It wouldn't really be possible since I have readers from all over the world, meaning, different timezones. 

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter and don't forget to like and leave a comment, since I love reading comments x)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 4.4K 36
"I give you permission to take me to your bed in any position you want, slow or fast, hard or gentle, to never leave your bed side until you satisfie...
830K 30.8K 26
YOU WILL HATE THIS BOOK! This story is NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS. KEEP YOUR HURTFUL AND HATEFUL COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. IT DOESN'T GO WHERE YOU THINK IT...
8.8M 151K 36
(18+) "My mom is coming home any minute" I moan against his lips, my hands tugging up his shirt that covered his tone body "Ya sรจ" His deep, sexy v...
2.1M 83.5K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? โ™” Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...