The Hidden One

By idksomethingnotlame

"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes bac... More

0. prologue and cast
1. the train ride
2. first day
3. moony's class
4. broom lessons
5. break-ins
6. private lessons
7. quidditch matches
8. getting the map
9. hogsmeade
10. awkward conversations
11. birthdays surprises
12. spilled secrets
13. fights and feuds
14. fear
15. coming home
16. the final match
17. anxieties
18. the reveal
19. the story
20. the rat
21. werewolves
22. important conversations
23. going home
24. summer
25. makeups
26. hospital visits
reunions
holding hands
water runs
world cup
dark marks
presents
adult conversations
back to school
first day
ferrets
arguments
new students
quidditch players and veelas
the goblet
cousins
saying goodbye
new home
daily prophet
fireplace conversations
the first task
house elves
dates
stupid boys
yule ball
awkwardness
baths
the second task
articles
hate mail
mr. crouch
practicing spells
visitors
the third task
the graveyard
revealed secrets
memorials
failed powers
mirror conversations
nightmares
windows
revealed truths
food fights
new information
tapestries
the trial
boggarts
punches
ministry interference
throwing books
biscuits
detentions
final detention
high inquisitor
hog's head
hurt owls
room of requirement
lifelong bans
giants
thesterals
snake bites
big surprises
girl fights
valentine's day
the quibbler
last meeting
fireworks
office break ins
giant brothers
OWLs
orbs
archways
prophecies
arrivals
letters
alive
the burrow
birthdays
pygmy puffs
broken noses
amortentia
tryouts
kittens
captains
new rooms
warnings
Christmas parties
Christmas eve
rings
poisoned mead
cracked skulls
horcruxes
Jealousy
Astronomy towers
broken backs
funerals
missions
missing ears
wills
polyjuice potion
engagements
engagement articles
planning
dungeons
doubt
godric's hollow
sick
promises
shell cottage
parents
dragons
ariana
diadems
nagini
elder wands
memorials (epilogue)
note from the author
sequel
a quick message
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter
bonus chapter

angry ministers

13.1K 562 502
By idksomethingnotlame

Dumbledore made sure that Crouch Jr. was firmly trapped with ropes before standing up.

"Minerva, will you please stand guard here?" Dumbledore asked. Mcgonagall nodded and pointed her wand at the disgusting excuse for a man on the floor. Her hand didn't shake.

"Severus, please go get Madam Pomfrey and help her with Alastor Moody and tell her to help Winky as well. Then go find Cornelius Fudge and bring him here. He will want to question this man himself. Tell him I will be in the hospital wing in half an hours time," Dumbledore said. Snape nodded and exited the room.

"Harry? Rose?" Dumbledore said softly. The two teens stood and locked hands and followed after the elderly man. Rose didn't care if she used all her energy healing Harry, but based on his limp she doubted that she was doing much healing.

"We are going to my office. Sirius is waiting there," Dumbledore informed the two teens once they were almost to his office.

"Professor...where are Mr. and Mrs. Diggory?" Harry asked. Rose noted that a calm had coated his voice. Rose thought that if she could cry anymore she would, but it seemed as if she had no more tears in her body.

"They are with Professor Sprout," Dumbledore said. He had been so calm during the previous encounter, but Rose could hear the tremble in his voice. They walked the rest of the way in silence until they opened the door to Dumbledore's office.

"Rosie! Harry! Are you alright? I knew- what happened?" Sirius asked. Rose immediately collapsed in his chest and Sirius hugged her back before pulling Harry into the hug as well. Sirius let go out the teens and shakily guided them to the couch, sitting down with a teen on both sides. Rose curled into his side with her head on his shoulder. Dumbledore took the chair across from the couch.

"What happened?" Sirius asked again, but much softer than he had before. His hand started rubbing Rose's long hair. It was very tangled and covered in blood, sweat and tears.

Rose zoned out as Dumbledore told Sirius everything that Crouch Jr. had told him. At one point Fawkes had sat on Harry's leg and finished healing his injury.

"Why was my Rosie there?" Sirius finally asked once Dumbledore had stopped talking.

"Miss. Black, did Voldemort say anything?" Dumbledore asked as he looked to the girl. Rose took a shaky breath and sat up straight.

"He...he left me tied to the headstone when he let Harry go. He...said something about keeping me so I-I could work for him, or something like that..." Rose answered. She was so tired she didn't even know what she was saying.

"How did you get free?" Sirius questioned.

"The headstone broke...somehow...I think a spell from the duel...umm...a Death Eater grabbed me but she let me go when Harry started running. I-I had to stun her with her wand and then I left," Rose said.

"Do you know who it was?" Dumbledore said. Rose shook her head no but stopped when it caused her headache to increase. She leaned her head back on her father's shoulder as he gave her hand a squeeze.

The office was quiet for a moment before Dumbledore turned to Harry.

"I need to know what happened after you touched the Portkey," Dumbledore practically whispered.

"That can wait till morning," Sirius spoke up.

"If I thought that putting them in an enchanted sleep would help, then I would. But it is imperative that I know what happened now," Dumbledore said. Sirius nodded, but looked very unhappy.

Harry started explaining everything that happened and Rose would chime in every now and then. Sirius would let out a sound every now and then as if he was going to saysomething, but one look from Dumbledore kept him from speaking. He let out some tears when he heard that both Rose and Harry had been tortured with the Cruciatus curse, and he hugged them closer to his chest. Dumbledore only made a noise when Harry had told them about the cut Wormtail had made.

"He said my blood would make him stronger than ever. He can touch my face now..." Harry explained.

"Very well, he has gotten over that barrier...please continue," Dumbledore said.

Harry continued explaining until he got to his wand and Voldemort's connecting. Rose was unable to help either, as she had been too busy with the Death Eater so see what was happening.

"Why did the wands connect?" Sirius asked when he saw that his godson couldn't talk anymore.

"Priori Incantum," Dumbledore muttered.

"The reverse spell effect?" Sirius said.

"Exactly. Harry's wand and Voldemort's share the same core, a feather from the same Phoenix. This Phoenix, in fact," Dumbledore said, pointing to Fawkes, who was still perched on Harry's knee.

"My core comes from Fawkes?" Harry asked, amazement clear in his voice.

"Yes...Mr. Ollivander wrote to me the second you exited his shop...When a wand meets his brother, they will not work properly against each other. However, if they are engaged in a battle, one of the wands will be forced to show the past spells it has done, in reverse effect," Dumbledore explained.

"Which means...some form of Cedric must have reappeared," Dumbledore whispered. Harry nodded and Rose shoved her face in Sirius' chest as he continued to pet her hair.

"Diggory came back to life?" Sirius asked sharply.

"No spell can reawaken the dead, but a form of Mr. Diggory would have come out of the wand. A shadow, perhaps...am I correct, Harry?" Dumbledore said. Harry nodded.

"He...he spoke to me," Harry whispered. Rose started tracing the tattoos on her father's chest as Harry explained that versions of an old man, Bertha Jorkins and his parents had also spoken to him. Rose wanted to wrap him in a giant hug and never let go. Rose didn't even notice that Harry had stopped talking until he was standing.

"Rosie, we're going to the hospital wing," Sirius whispered.

"Are you leaving?" Rose whispered, staring at her father with wide eyes, rimmed with red.

"Of course not," Sirius assured the girl. She nodded and stood up shakily. Harry grabbed her hand as Sirius turned into a dog. Rose half expected him to force her hand away from Harry's, but Sirius acted as if he didn't even see their hands. They walked in silence to the hospital wing. Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Ron and Hermione were standing in a large circle in the middle of the room.

"Harry! Rose! Oh, goodness!" Mrs. Weasley cried as soon as the doors to the hospital wing opened. She started to rush towards them but Dumbledore held up a hand and she stopped. Rose could see her mother and godfather standing to the side, looking like normal again.

"Molly, they have been through a great deal tonight. They need to rest. If you would like to stay the night, you may. But no questions until they are comfortable answering," Dumbledore told the woman. She nodded and rounded on Bill, Ron and Hermione.

"Did you hear that? No questions!" Mrs. Weasley hissed at them. They all nodded quickly.

"Headmaster...if I may ask..." Madam Pomfrey said, staring at Sirius in dog form.

"The dog will be remaining with them," Dumbledore said. "I assure you, he is well trained. Harry, Rose- I will wait while you get into bed."

"I will be back here as soon as I have met with Fudge. I would like you to remain here until I can talk with the school tomorrow," Dumbledore told the two teens before leaving the hospital wing.

Madam Pomfrey guided Rose and Harry to hospital beds right next to each other, a piece of heavy piece of fabric that would separate them was open. Rose could see the real Mad-Eye Moody a few beds away.

"Is he ok?" Harry muttered.

"He will be," Madam Pomfrey said. She handed Rose and Harry some pajamas and then closed the piece of fabric so they would have privacy. Rose made sure Harry was fully dressed by whispering to him before opening the fabric. Their friends and family slowly approached them. Rose smiled slightly when she saw her mum petting her father's head.

"We're all right," Harry assured them. "Just tired."

Mrs. Weasley nodded and smiled at them tearfully. She started smoothing out Harry's blanket as Marlene came up to Rose.

"Hey, Rosie," Marlene whispered. "You want me to wash your hair real quick?"

"Yes, please," Rose whispered. Marlene sent her a teary smile and used her wand to quickly was Rose's hair.

"Want me to braid it?" Marlene offered. Rose nodded slightly and her mum helped her sit up and sat behind Rose as she braided her still wet hair. Remus came and sat down at the foot of the bed while Sirius, still in dog form, layed on the floor between Harry and Rose.

Remus didn't seem to know what to say, but neither did anyone else. Marlene finished braiding Rose's hair and gave her a small kiss on the forehead before pulling her feet under Rose's blanket and laying down. Rose put her head on her mum's shoulder.

"You two just need to drink this," Madam Pomfrey instructed as she exited her office, carrying two mugs. Rose and Harry nodded and drank a few sips. Rose had just handed the mug to her godfather to place on the table when she fell into a dreamless sleep, curling into her mother's side.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rose had never been so warm in her life. All she wanted to do was go back to sleep, but loud whispered prevented that from happening.

"They're going to wake them if they don't shut up!" Mrs. Weasley hissed angrily.

"What are they shouting about?" Rose heard Remus ask and she felt the bed move as he stood up. Rose slowly opened her eyes but couldn't make out anything clearly.

"That's Fudge's voice, isn't it?" Bill asked. "And Professor Mcgonagall...what are they arguing about?"

Rose could hear hurried footsteps coming towards the hospital wing. She turned her head and made eye contact with Harry as her eye sight started to clear.

"Regrettable, all the same, Minerva-" Fudge said loudly.

"You should have never brought it into the castle!" Mcgonagall was yelling. "Whe. Dumbledore hears-"

The doors to the hospital wing were flung open and Rose could feel her mum moving, gently placing Rose down on the bed before standing up. The adults all stood up and stood in front of the beds, Sirius still in dog form sitting in between Remus and Marlene. Harry and Rose both sat up and Harry put his glasses on. Rose silently got up and tip toed over to Harry's bed and he scooted over to make room for her.

"Where's Dumbledore?" Fudge demanded as he walked up to Mrs. Weasley.

"He's not here, minister," Mrs. Weasley said angrily. "This is a hospital wing and-"

"You two! What are you doing here?" Fudge gasped as he saw Remus and Marlene. Rose could see just enough of what was happening outside to see them stand up straighter.

"My daughter and Remus' goddaughter was almost killed tonight. What did you expect?" Marlene said, a coldness to her voice. Fudge glared but turned around quickly as the doors were flung open once more and Dumbledore entered.

"What is the meaning of this?" Dumbledore asked. "Minerva, you were asked to guard Barty Crouch Jr."

"There is no more need! He took care of that!" Mcgonagall angrily pointed to Fudge as red blotches showed up on her cheeks. Rose could tell that she was practically shaking with anger. Rose leaned her head on Harry's shoulder and he grasped her hand.

"When the minister heard that we caught the Death Eater responsible for tonight's events," Snape drawled. Rose noticed him for the first time and a sneer took over her face. "He brought a dementor for his personal safety...and when the dementor entered the room..."

"I told him you would not agree!" Mcgonagall told Dumbledore. "I told him you would never allow dementors to set foot in this castle but-"

"My dear woman," Fudge roared. "I am Minister of Magic! I decide what to do, and what protection I need when interviewing a potentially dangerous criminal!"

"The moment that thing entered the room, it...it swooped down on Crouch and..." Mcgonagall didn't have to finish her sentence for the whole room to know what happened. Rose tightened her grip on Harry's hand, knowing that her father almost had the Dementor's kiss performed on him.

"He is no loss! Think of all he has done!" Fudge defended himself.

"And now he cannot give testimony, Cornelius," Dumbledore said, his voice calm and even. "He cannot give testimony for why he killed those people."

"He was a lunatic!" Fudge laughed. "From what I was told, he insisted that he was acting on You-know-who's orders."

"He was acting on Voldemort's orders," Dumbledore told the minister. "The deaths were a way to help Voldemort return to his body, and they worked. Voldemort is back."

The room was silent as Fudge stared at Dumbledore as if he was crazy.

"That's crazy, Dumbledore..." Fudge said.

"Barty Crouch Jr. confessed to everything under the influence of Veritasium. He told us the plan, the plan which worked. Voldemort is back," Dumbledore said softly.

"You're a crazy man, Dumbledore. I have allowed you to do many things, but this...this is too much," Fudge said with a small smile.

"When Briar Rose and Harry touched the Triwizard cup, they were transported straight to Voldemort. They saw everything. I will explain it to you if you will follow me to my office," Dumbledore said. Fudge smiled, although it seemed fake.

"You are...willing...to take their word on this, Dumbledore?" Fudge asked. Sirius growles and stood up, baring his teeth at the minister. Rose saw Marlene hit him lightly on the head and he sat down, but didn't move his eyes from the minister.

"Certainly I believe them. I heard Crouch's confession and their confession and they all line up. It explains everything, including the disappearance of Bertha Jorkins," Dumbledore said. Rose could tell he was getting tired and annoyed by Fudge. The minister still had the fake smile on his face.

"You are prepared to believe that Lord Voldemort has returned on the words on a lunatic murderer, the daughter of another lunatic murderer, and a boy who...well..."

"You've been reading Rita Skeeter, minister," Harry said quietly as Roseet out a disbelieving laugh. All the adults jumped, not knowing that they were awake. Sirius growled slightly and quickly ran over and got in the bed in between Rose and Harry. Rose rolled her eyes but started petting the soft fur of her father's animagus form.

"And if I have?" Fudge asked. "I have discovered that you've been keeping things about the boy quiet. A Parselmouth? And collapsing in class-"

"Harry is as sane as you or I. Harry feels pain in his scar when Voldemort is nearby or is feeling particularly strong," Dumbledore said as he stepped closer to Fudge. Rose looked to the scar on her hand and made a mental note to ask about that.

"I've never heard of a scar hurting before..." Fudge said quietly.

"Look, we saw Voldemort coming back!" Harry yelled and he tried to get out of the bed. Mrs. Weasley gently pushed him back down. Harry started listing off names of Death Eaters and Fudge made excuses for all of them. Fudge then started bad mouthing Harry.

"Cedric Diggory died because of Voldemort, Fudge! He's dead!" Mcgonagall reminded Fudge when he said that Harry is untrustworthy.

"I see no eveidence to support that! What I do see is the daughter of a mass murderer who was caught in a love triangle! Tell me that she didn't kill Cedric Diggory!" Fudge yelled back. Everyone in the room let out yells and Sirius barked at the man.

"He was my best friend! I would never kill him-or anyone!" Rose yelled, trying to get out of the bed. Sirius knew what she was going to do and placed almost his whole body on her and her mother also came over to hold her back.

"Peter Pettigrew killed Mr. Diggory under the orders of Voldemort. Miss. Black had to watch her friend die. Voldemort is back, Cornelius. You have to believe me," Dumbledore said. "The first step is to remove the dementors from Azkaban-"

"Preposterous!" Fudge yelled. "Voldemort is not back! There is no need for that!"

"He is back. The next step is to send envoy to the giants-" Dumbledore continued.

"You're crazy! I will not be doing anything!" Fudge exclaimed.

"You are blinded by your love for your office-" Dumbledore started but Fudge interupted him.

"He can't be back..." Fudge whispered. Snape hurried forward and pulled up his sleeve. Rose could faintly see the Dark Mark etched into his skin.

"There," Snape growled. "All Death Eaters received this. It burned a few hours ago, calling us to the graveyard. Karkaroff felt it and ran away. Voldemort is back!"

"You're all crazy," Fudge muttered. "I will be back tomorrow, Dumbledore, to talk about the people you let into your school. I must return to the ministry."

Fudge started walking off before turning back around. He placed a large bag of gold next to Harry and Rose.

"Your winnings," Fudge snarled before walking out of the hospital wing. Dumbledore looked at the group around him.

"There is work to be done. I can rely on you, Molly?" Dumbledore said.

"Of course," Mrs. Weasley said, her voice shaky.

"Send a message to Arthur. We need to tell all those who will believe as soon as possible," Dumbledore said.

I'll go," Bill offered. Dumbledore nodded and gave him further instructions. Bill waved bye to everyone in the room and gave his mother a kiss on the cheek before hurrying away.

Dumbledore continued to give out orders as Sirius, still in dog form, jumped off the bed and stood next to Marlene. Rose and Harry scooted closer to each other again, both needing comfort.

"Sirius, if you will," Dumbledore said. Sirius stood as a man in a split second, causing Mrs. Weasley to scream and Snape to snarl.

"Mum, chill! He's ok!" Ron insisted.

"Severus, Sirius, please shake hands. We need no open hostility," Dumbledore demanded. The two men quickly shook hands, but the disgust on their faces made it clear that they wouldn't be getting Long anytime soon. Rose felt her eyes start to close as Dumbledore continued to give orders. Rose let out a yawn and cuddled into Harry's chest. The boy tentatively placed his arm over her shoulder.

"Sleep well, Ro. You deserve it," Harry whispered. Rose smiled faintly as sleep grasped her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! So, the past two chapters have both been around 3,000 words. Do you prefer the longer chapters or is it too much to read?

Thank you for reading and voting! Please dont stop lol

Also, big thanks for 10k reads!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 244 15
Where Harry James Potter hopelessly pines after a girl and won't stop asking her out. When history repeats itself and a certain arrogant boy with eme...
128 5 5
a harry x reader story
14.7K 233 25
Alexa Lupin a mega-witch like her mother and werewolf like her father She was far stronger then any witch or wizard to have ever existed with her mot...
195K 5K 44
It was in 1977 with the Marauders era when James Potter tried to get Lily-pa- I MEAN Lily Evans to go out with him but declined him saying she doesn'...