The Hidden One

By idksomethingnotlame

"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes bac... More

0. prologue and cast
1. the train ride
2. first day
3. moony's class
4. broom lessons
5. break-ins
6. private lessons
7. quidditch matches
8. getting the map
9. hogsmeade
10. awkward conversations
11. birthdays surprises
12. spilled secrets
13. fights and feuds
14. fear
15. coming home
16. the final match
17. anxieties
18. the reveal
19. the story
20. the rat
21. werewolves
22. important conversations
23. going home
24. summer
25. makeups
26. hospital visits
reunions
holding hands
water runs
world cup
dark marks
presents
adult conversations
back to school
first day
ferrets
arguments
new students
quidditch players and veelas
the goblet
cousins
saying goodbye
new home
daily prophet
fireplace conversations
the first task
house elves
dates
stupid boys
yule ball
awkwardness
baths
the second task
articles
hate mail
mr. crouch
practicing spells
the third task
the graveyard
revealed secrets
angry ministers
memorials
failed powers
mirror conversations
nightmares
windows
revealed truths
food fights
new information
tapestries
the trial
boggarts
punches
ministry interference
throwing books
biscuits
detentions
final detention
high inquisitor
hog's head
hurt owls
room of requirement
lifelong bans
giants
thesterals
snake bites
big surprises
girl fights
valentine's day
the quibbler
last meeting
fireworks
office break ins
giant brothers
OWLs
orbs
archways
prophecies
arrivals
letters
alive
the burrow
birthdays
pygmy puffs
broken noses
amortentia
tryouts
kittens
captains
new rooms
warnings
Christmas parties
Christmas eve
rings
poisoned mead
cracked skulls
horcruxes
Jealousy
Astronomy towers
broken backs
funerals
missions
missing ears
wills
polyjuice potion
engagements
engagement articles
planning
dungeons
doubt
godric's hollow
sick
promises
shell cottage
parents
dragons
ariana
diadems
nagini
elder wands
memorials (epilogue)
note from the author
sequel
a quick message
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter
bonus chapter

visitors

10.5K 581 1.2K
By idksomethingnotlame

This story is #1 in Hogwarts, which is absolutely crazy. Thank you for getting me there and for supporting this story. I never thought I would get to #1 and here I am. Thank you!

June 24th finally came and brought with it lots of noise. The Gryffindor table was filled with screaming students and other students would wish Harry and Rose good luck. Random people sent them good luck cards as well, so one owl would leave the table just for another to appear.

Hermione opened the Daily Prophet and spit her pumpkin juice out.

"What?" Harry and Ron said at the same time as Rose snorted and passed her a napkin.

"That cow," Hermione hissed. "Not today."

"Rita Skeeter?" Rose guessed, grabbing a piece of toast.

"No..." Hermione tried to lie. Ron grabbed the paper and quickly skimmed the article.

"It's about me, isn't it?" Harry sighed.

"No..." Ron and Hermione said at the same time. Harry reached over to grab the paper when a voice distracted him.

"Hey Potter! How's your head? You sure you're not gonna pass out on us?" Pansy shrieked. Rose levitated a small bread roll and made it hit Pansy in the face. She let out a shriek as Rose turned around and smirked to herself.

"Let me see it," Harry demanded, but he sounded tired. Ron handed Harry the paper and he read it, Rose putting her chin on his shoulder so she could read again.

Skeeter had somehow found out about Harry's scar hurting during the Divination class. Pansy had somehow told Skeeter that Harry can speak Parseltongue. Skeeter made it seem like Harry was practicing the Dark Arts. Luckily, Rose hadn't been mentioned.

"Come off me a bit, hasn't she?" Harry said as he folded the paper. The Slytherins were still laughing at Harry so Rose flicked her wand. Crabbe and Goyle ran away from the table, antlers sprouting out of their head. Rose met the eye of Draco, who simply rolled his eyes at her.

"How did she know? We were at the top of a tower!" Ron said.

"I opened the window," Harry remembered.

"It's still too high up," Rose added and Hermione nodded.

"Hermione, you've been doing research, haven't you?" Harry asked.

"I have but-" Hermione suddenly stopped speaking and a dazed look came over her face. "I'll be right back."

Hermione raced off as Professor Mcgonagall approached Harry and Rose.

"Miss. Black, Mr. Potter, the champions are excused from all classes today," Mcgonagall informed them.

"But the task isn't until tonight!" Harry said, looking nervous.

"I'm aware. The champions families have been invited to watch the final task," Mcgonagall said. "Miss. Black, pay special attention to any people who approach you."

The elderly Professor walked off after that, leaving Rose and Harry shocked.

"She doesn't expect the Dursleys to show up, does she?" Harry gaped.

"Or the Malfoys?" Rose added.

"Dunno," Ron said as he stood up. "I'm late for Binns though. See you later."

Rose and Harry continued to eat their breakfast as the Great Hall slowly emptied. They watched as Cedric and Fleur entered the side chamber they had entered when their names came out of the goblet. Neither teen moved.

"Rose, Harry, what are you doing? They're waiting for you!" Cedric called out as he stuck his head out the door. Harry and Rose shared a confused look before walking over and entering the chamber.

Cedric's parents were just inside the door. Vikor was talking to his parents in the corner and Fleur was talking to her parents and younger sister. There were two other people standing together that Rose didn't recognize, a man and a woman.

"Surprise!"

Rose turned and saw Mrs. Weasley and Bill standing in front of the fireplace and beaming at Harry. Mrs. Weasley gathers Harry into a hug without even glancing in Rose's direction, causing the teen to frown.

"Don't worry about mum," Bill whispered to Rose as he gave her a high five. She blushed but nodded.

"Rose?" A voice whispered. Rose turned and saw two unfamiliar people approach her. She remembered Mcgonagall's words and gives them a tentative smile.

"Hi," Rose whispered back. The woman let out a sob and pulled Rose into a tight hug. Rose was about to pull away when she saw that the woman was wearing the necklace that Rose had given her, the same necklace that Rose was currently wearing. Rose pulled her head away and saw the man play with his watch and she instantly recognized it was Moony's watch.

"Mum?" Rose whispered. The woman nodded and Rose clutched her even tighter, squeezing her eyes shut to prevent any tears from leaking out.

"Oh, Rosie, we've missed you," Marlene cried. She let go of her daughter but Rose was quickly pulled into another hug. Remus wrapped his arms around his goddaughter and swayed them gently.

"Excuse me?" Mrs. Weasley said. Remus and Rose pulled away from their hug to look at the woman. She gave them a fake smile. "Who are you?"

"Ummm..." Marlene said. "We're some distant relatives of Marlene McKinnon, her mum. The ministry allowed us to come."

"Oh, how nice," Mrs. Weasley said tensely.

"Yes, I'm Claude White and this is my sister Claudia White," Remus said. Rose let out a small snort at the names they had chosen. Harry sent Rose a confused look and she shook her head no before mouthing I'll tell you later.

"Yes, and we actually have to talk to Rose in private, if you'll excuse us," Marlene said and she started guiding Rose to the door. Mrs. Weasley sent them another tense smile before turning back to Harry.

"Rose?" Cedric called out at Rose passed him. "Who is this?"

"Oh, this is my..." Rose trailed off.

"We're distant cousins of her mum," Remus quickly said.

"Oh..." Cedric said, but he looked unsure. "Umm...you know my dad. This is my mum."

"It's lovely to meet you," Rose smiled at them. Neither one returned the smile.

"So you're the girl that was caught cheating on my son," Cedric's mother sneered. Remus coughed on his own spit.

"Mum! I already told you that Rose and I have always been friends! Just friends! You know about Cho!" Cedric quickly told him mum. She just huffed and turned to Amos and started talking to him. Amos wouldn't even look at Rose. "Sorry about that, Rose."

"No, it's fine. Not your fault. I'll-I'll see you later," Rose told Cedric. He waved bye to her and Rose quickly exited the room, her mum and godfather following.

None of them started talking until they were out on the grounds and there was no one near.

"So, you guys look weird," Rose pointed m out.

"Dumbledore gave us Polyjuice Potion. We're some random muggle twins from a nearby town," Marlene explained.

"And the stupid names?" Rose asked.

"Those were my idea," Marlene said proudly. Rose giggled and allowed her mum to put her arm over her shoulder.

"Like, out of all the names you could choose you go with Claude and Claudia?" Rose giggled.

"Your dad and I always joked that we would name twins Claude and Claudia," Marlene explained, a fond smile on her face.

"Those poor twins that luckily don't exist,"  Remus spoke up. Marlene hit his arm.

"You know, once Dad is free I wouldn't mind being an older sister," Rose mentioned. Marlene gave her a smile.

"I wouldn't mind making you a big sister either," Marlene said softly.

"I'm sure Sirius would enjoy the collaboration," Remus chimed.

"Ew! Gross!" Marlene and Rose said at the same time. Both the adults looked to Rose with shock on their faces.

"No! You're too young to know about that!" Marlene gasped.

"I've failed! I've completely failed!" Remus fake cried.

"I'm 14, mum. And it's not like I've...y'know...done the...baby...making," Rose said, cringing at her choice of words. Her face grew red.

"Good. But have you...I don't know...kissed a boy?" Marlene inquired. Rose could see that she was joking, but there was also the look in Marlene's eyes that told Rose that she wanted to be the mum that Rose felt comfortable talking to about stuff like this.

"That's my own business that I'll tell you when Remus isn't here," Rose said with a smile. Marlene squealed and clapped.

"No! That means you have kissed a boy! I'll kill him!" Remus joked. Rose just shrugged but her face was also very red. The three fell into a comfortable silence

"So...how are you doing?" Remus asked a few minutes later, breaking the silence.

"I'm...I'm ok. Not looking forward to this summer, that's for sure. I miss you guys and dad a whole lot, but...I'm fine," Rose said with a sad sigh.

"We miss you," Remus assured Rose.

"We're gonna figure something out," Marlene added. Rose nodded quickly. "How're you feeling about tonight?"

"I'm feeling good. We're gonna be fine," Rose said. She wasn't lying either. She and Harry had been practicing for weeks and they were more prepared for this task than any of the other ones. "How have you been doing?"

"We've been ok. We can't send letters to anyone without the ministry reading them first. There's literally a ministry worker outside our house all the time. And it's obviously been hard to not see you and everything, but we're making it work," Remus answered.

The small family walked around the grounds for hours. At one point they passed by Harry with the Weasley's. Mrs. Wessley placed herself between Rose and Harry, and then refused to look at Rose when she smiled at the woman. Harry sent her a shrug to which Rose returned.

Once the lunch bell rang they went inside for lunch. Remus and Marlene got many strange stares, but they tried not to give them any attention. They all sat down at the Gryffindor table. Rose sat next to Harry, much to the displeasure of Mrs. Weasley.

"Mum-Bill!" Ron yelled as he sat down across from them. "What are you doing here?"

"Come to watch Harry in the last task!" Mrs. Weasley responded. Harry grabbed Rose's hand, knowing she would be upset by Mrs. Weasley ignoring her. "How was your exam?"

"Er-it was good. It was History of Magic and I forgot some names but I just made them up," Ron explained.

The rest of the Weasley children showed up a little later and Harry was finally able to whisper to Rose without Mrs. Weasley noticing.

"Who are they?" Harry whispered.

"My mum and Moony using Polyjuicd Potion," Rose whispered back. Harry gaped at them in shock and Remus sent him a small wave and smile as Marlene winked at him.

Hermione came half way through lunch, much to the joy of Rose. Hermione sent a confused look to the adults sitting next to Rose but she was smart enough not to say anything.

"Hello, Hermione," Mrs. Weasley said, her voice tense.

"Hello," Hermione said, the kind smile falling off her face.

"Mrs. Weasley," Harry suddenly spoke up. "You don't actually believe that Rita Skeeter article, do you? Hermione isn't my girlfriend."

"Oh, no! Of course I didn't!" Mrs. Weasley assured Harry before looking to Rose. Harry followed her eyes.

"And Rose isn't either," Harry told the woman.

"And the threats against my Ronniekins?" Mrs. Weasley asked. Rose knew it wasn't the time but she almost spit out the pumpkins juice in her mouth at the nickname. Ron kicked her under the table and Rose glared at him.

"She's never threatened me, mum," Ron sighed. "Well...she has, but not seriously. And I deserved it."

"You're threatening people now?" Remus asked. Rose glared at him.

"Of course not! Ron is being stupid. Right, Ron?" Rose asked. She turned to give Ron the kindest smile she could. He gulped.

"No, of course she doesn't. Rose is an angel of earth," Ron said quickly.

"Oh, of course she is," Mrs. Weasley said, finally giving Rose a real smile.

The large group walked around the grounds for the rest of the afternoon. Rose was able to tell Hermione and Ron who Claude and Claudia White actually are. Ron thought it was funny while Hermione was worried.

Dinner that night was a grand affair. Ludo Bagman and Cornelius Fudge were at the staff table. Harry and Rose didn't eat or join in the happy conversations. Instead, they linked their hands together. Rose put her head on Harry's shoulder and Harry put his head on hers.

"May I have your attention?" Dumbledore said, standing up. The Great Hall was silent immediately. "Ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes time I will be asking you to make your way to the quidditch pitch. Will the champions please follow Mr. Bagman out there now?"

Harry and Rose stood up, hearing well wishes and cheers from the Gryffindor table and their family. Remus and Marlene gave Rose a quick hug. As they passed by the Slytherin table Draco reached out and grabbed Rose's wrist. She turned to see him, Theo and Blaise all looking worried.

"Good luck," Draco whispered. Rose nodded and sent him a small, nervous smile before allowing Harry to guide her out of the Great Hall.

"Feeling all right, you two?" Mr. Bagman asked once they were on the steps leading out of the school.

"Yeah, we're ok," Harry responded. It was slightly true. He could feel Rose's hand shaking in his, but he also knew that they were prepared.

The champions all stared into the maze as the crowd entered the stadium. The stars had started to shine in the sky as the professors made their way to the champions.

"We are going to be patrolling the outside of the maze," Professor Mcgonagall informed the champions. "If you get into any difficulty and wish to be rescued, send up red sparks and we will come get you. Understand?"

The champions all nodded.

"Off you go then!" Mr. Bagman said happily.

Rose quickly left Harry's side and went to Cedric's as Mr. Bagman started explaining the task to the crowd.

"Be careful, Ced," Rose said. Cedric sent her a small smile and wrapped her in a hug that she quickly returned.

"I always am. You be careful too," Cedric responded. Rose pulled away as she could tell that Mr. Bagman was almost done speaking. She interlocked her hand with Harry but looked to Cedric.

"I love you, Ced. Good luck."

"I love you too, Rose. Good luck."

With that, Mr. Bagman blew his whistle and they entered the maze.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 241 15
Where Harry James Potter hopelessly pines after a girl and won't stop asking her out. When history repeats itself and a certain arrogant boy with eme...
93.2K 4.3K 200
Welcome welcome everyone to the Joke book. These Jokes are Harry Potter Jokes only. Trust me you haven't seen these ones before, I know everyone will...
17K 440 26
Florence has never had so much trouble going unnoticed. ★彡---------------------------- No update schedule, this is just for fun!
247K 3.7K 15
title says it all, hope you enjoy x