π‚π‘πšπ¨π¬ 𝐑𝐒𝐬𝐒𝐧𝐠 β–· Sti...

By WrathfulDeity

π–πž 𝐑𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐒𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐰𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐒𝐧𝐠. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧π₯𝐲 𝐭𝐑𝐞 π›πžπ π’π§π§π’π§π  Riley... More

Act II
Trailer and Cast
Playlist
PART 5
1|not dead yet
2|really repetitive
3|the last airbender
4|time travel
5|karma
7|kill me now
8|temporary solution
9|the deadpool
10|great things
11|liar
12|not worth it
13|take responsibility
14|my everything
15|bad idea
16|in control
17|here to help
18|bonfire
19|melodramatic
20|no big deal
21|one day off
22|mexico
23|all for power
PART 6
24|the vision
25|senior scribe
26|suspicions
27|you trust everyone
28|on edge
29|unpleasantly surprised
30|chimera
31|back to eichen
32|dread doctors
33|he's dead
34|invasive species
35|he knows
36|hallucination
37|who's taking the bodies
38|believe me
39|the fallout
40|the first chimera
PART 7
41|find her
42|collateral damage
43|regret
44|try to be civil
45|my anchor
46|natural chimera
47|outright evil
48|foolproof plan
49|volatile
50|not that easy
51|getting the game cancelled
52|make a difference
53|success
54|sense of hope
55|allison saved us
PART 8
56|magic bullet
57|erased
58|back together
59|hearing voices
60|memories
61|elias stilinski
62|ride the lightning
63|pictures
64|meaningless
65|the jeep
66|ghost town
67|the jersey
68|mieczysΕ‚aw
69|chapters
70|i just need you
71|scott, stiles and riley
PART 9
72|back to beacon hills
73|the hard way
74|peace summit
75|exit wound
76|midnight
77|pull it together
78|decoys
79|no more
80|back to work
81|biology
82|merged
83|try again
84|another problem
85|final fight
Epilogue
Divine Move

6|make it work

1.9K 61 58
By WrathfulDeity

I really disliked that they didn't bring Isaac back in the show, so I'm changing things hahaha
These chapters have been much longer than I usually write, so I hope you guys are enjoying it

Working on some other projects on the side that I'm pretty excited for! Hopefully you guys will enjoy what I've got in store for both this story and what I'm working on.

Question of the Chapter - Which character do you think left the show too early?

----------

✧*:・゚Stiles・゚:*✧

"You know, it always surprises me to think how long you managed to keep all of this from your dad," Riley voiced from beside me.

"It just slipped out!" I snapped. "Can we move on?"
Riley and Scott had just been telling me that both Charlotte and Melissa had received calls from my dad about Mexico, and neither of them were all to happy about it.

They were both in trouble for lying because I had accidentally let slip that we had been in Mexico. To be fair, we'd been in worse situations then what had occurred in Mexico.

Looking past my girlfriend, I noticed that Scott looked pretty zoned out. "Hey, man, you okay? Is this about the team? You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?"

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team," he sighed. "He just told me to show up at tryouts today.

Riley reached over and placed a hand on his arm, "Coach would be an idiot not to keep you on. Even if you didn't get your grades up, he probably would have found a way. You know he loves you guys."

I shrugged as I spun my lacrosse stick in my hands, thinking about everything that had happened the previous day. "We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"

Scott nodded, "I texted him but he didn't get back to me."

When I noticed that Riley had stopped walked, I slowed to a stop also. She held a hand up in bewilderment, "Hold up. Are you telling me that you told this man that his psychotic sister is alive. . . over a text?"

"I didn't have the money to call France," he stumbled.

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House," I stated rather absentmindedly.

"Another notice?"

"Yeah, this one said, 'Final'."
I felt Riley's hand on my own, her fingers entwining with mine. Knowing she was still there elevated some of the stress, but not enough.

Riley's jaw clicked as she nodded, pushing her hair behind her ear, "I don't know about the MRI, but we're definitely feeling the Eichen House bills."

We all stood there just looking at each other, and I decided that I didn't want to keep standing there feeling sorry for myself when there were bigger things going on. There always was in Beacon Hills.
"Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We've got like one-hundred and seventeen million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not on of them."

"You should change that to one-hundred and seventeen million and one, because I think it just did," I heard Riley say. Noticing the shocked expression on Scott's face also, I turned to see what they were both looking at.

"Who the hell is that?"
Some of the new freshman players were already on the field practising, but the one that had everyone looking was the goalie. Every single ball that came his way, he managed to keep out of the net.
"Okay, maybe we should practice a little bit."

"Good luck," Riley smiled. I barely noticed her kiss me on the cheek as my eyes fell on someone on the other side of the field.

This person wasn't a freshmen, hell they weren't even new. "Is that Isaac Lahey?"

Riley noticeably stiffened beside me, and I saw her look over to Scott who shook his head. This wasn't coming as news to either of them.

"When were you going to tell me that Isaac was back?"

She pursed her lips, removing her hand from mine to scratch the back of her head, "Right now? I'm sorry, I only find out last night."

I bit back a reply as I huffed to myself, glaring at Scott for not giving me a heads up that my girlfriend's ex boyfriend was back in town.
"One-hundred and seventeen million and two," I mumbled as I walked out onto the field.

♧♤♢♡
✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

After tryouts Scott, Stiles and I headed to the locker rooms. I waited outside as they got changed, and then entered as soon as I was given the okay.

The goalie, whose name was apparently Liam, was finishing getting changed as the three of us approached him. I tried to feel out for whether or not he was supernatural, but I found myself unable to concentrate. I didn't expect Stiles to be happy to see Isaac, but no matter what I said, he was insecure about him being around.

I didn't blame him for that, I probably would feel the same way if he and Lydia had actually became something and he stayed friends with her. But there was nothing between Isaac and I, and I had known him too long to just cut him off. Plus, Stiles wasn't the sort of person to ask me to do that.

"Hey, Liam," Stiles said, interrupting my thoughts.

The boy turned around, eyes narrowed in confusion as he pulled his shirt down. He stared at me for a moment, probably finding the fact that there was a girl in the boy's locker room strange. I got that a lot.

"You want to explain what that was out there?"

The younger boy looked between all of us, before his eyes fell back on Stiles. "What do you mean?"

He scoffed a little. Was he trying to mess with me?
"That little display. Your little circus act."

"What circus act?"

"You caught every shot," Stiles laughed, lacking his usual edge that hinted he was joking.

"I was in goal," the boy answered, confusion painted across his face.

"Yeah, but nothing, not a single shot got past you."

"Yeah, I was the goalie," Liam repeated, not seeing how this wasn't sinking in. "You guys have played this game before?"

I was listening to his heart rate, and nothing seemed out of sorts so far. But, you could never tell; Scott lied to Derek just the other day and he didn't realise.

Scott was listening also, I could tell by the way he was watching the boy.
"You're a freshman, right?"

"Yeah."

"I haven't seen you around school before," I stated, measuring his tone.

"Yeah, I transferred from Devenford Prep."

Scott's eyes narrowed as he and I picked up on the same thing. The slight jump in his heart rate. He was lying.
"You transferred?" Scott pried.

"Yeah," Liam replied rather quietly.

"No, you got kicked out, didn't you?"

Liam looked even more confused as he stepped back slightly, looking at Scott. "All right. Look! Kicked out or transferred, what do you guys care? I came here to play lacrosse. The team could use a few good players, right?"

"No. No, we don't need any more good players," Stiles answered quickly, turning to me for support.

I shrugged, "I mean, maybe a few wouldn't hurt?"

Stiles took a sharp breath, facing Liam once more. "Okay, how'd you get this good? Have you always been this good? Or did it suddenly happen just once over night? Have you ever been out in the middle of the woods-"

Seeing where this was headed, I grabbed my boyfriend's hand and made him take a step back from the freshman. "Okay, I think that's enough of that."

Liam watched the interaction, the strange nature of it not lost on him.
"Look, I learned from my stepfather, all right? He made team captain when he was a sophomore. Like you," he told Scott.
"And yeah. . . I guess I'm just that good."

I choked back a laugh as the boy grabbed his things and left the locker room, leaving Stiles with an annoyed look on his face.

Scott on the other hand, didn't bother to hide his laugh as he watched Liam leave. "He wasn't lying that time."

♧♤♢♡

I had barely walked out of my next class when Stiles had grabbed me by the arm and began to drag me down the hallway. I struggled to put my books in my bag as he lead me along.

"Babe, seriously? I can walk by myself," I told him, trying to shake his grasp. He slid his hand down my arm until it met my hand.

He only stopped walking when we reached Kira and Scott in the hallway. Stiles didn't even stop to say hello before he informed us all that there had been an axe murder last night.

"An axe murderer?" Kira asked, doubting the story.

"A family-murdering axe murderer," my boyfriend clarified.

Scott hesitated for a moment, "I already heard about it."

"Wait. What? You did? How?"

"My mum called me. She knew we'd see it on the news."

"Scottie, this is the sort of stuff we expect you to tell us," I scolded.

Stiles shrugged, "Either way, now that we're all on the same page, let's go."

The werewolf shook his head, "Whoa, whoa. We've got Econ in five minutes."

Even I was shocked by Scott's response. He was usually all for stuff like this if it meant saving lives. But now, he was worried about missing Coach's class?

"All right," Stiles' eyes narrowed. "Did you forget the family-murdering axe murderer?"

"Did you forget that your dad's the sheriff? They want us to stay out of it."

"And when did you decide to start listening?" I scoffed.

Stiles was overly frustrated with our Alpha friend at this point, "Are you guys kidding me? There's a family-murdering axe murderer and we're not going to do anything about it?"

"Maybe we should just let the adults handle it," Kira suggested.

My brows furrowed in doubt, "And when was the last time they were able to do any of this without us?"

"Exactly!" Stiles exclaimed. Scott just let his mouth hang slightly open, not responding.
"So two of you, you just want to stay here, school, go to class."

Again, no response from Scott or Kira. Stiles looked to me, and I just shrugged. He glanced at Scott, shaking his head, "Never heard anything so irresponsible in my life. Let's go."

He grabbed my hand and dragged me away again. I just let it happen this time, not bothering to argue.

"See you at tryouts?" Scott asked as we walked away. Stiles just threw his free hand up in frustration.

♧♤♢♡

Come the end of the day, and it was time for the lacrosse tryouts. I wasn't really paying attention to the boys though, as Malia and I sat and listened to Kira.

Apparently, Scott had kissed her and then just left. This wouldn't have seemed like such a big deal, if it weren't for the fact that this had been their first kiss since their actual first kiss.

"I just. . . I don't understand," Kira said rather quickly. "I thought we had something, but now I'm starting to think it wasn't really anything at all."

"What do you want it to be?" Malia asked her.

She tightened her grip on the lacrosse stick in her hands as she turned to look down at Scott. "More."

"Well, he's crazy about you," I reassured her with a smile. "Scottie is just a bit. . . oblivious about this sort of stuff. I think he just doesn't want to risk rushing things like he's done before, and it's getting to his head."

The girl bit her lip in thought, nodding slowly.

Kira and I watched the boys during tryouts as Malia did her maths homework. She had been struggling recently, so Lydia had sort've been tutoring her in an attempt to help her catch up.

Watching the tryouts I wanted nothing more than to look away, but it was like a car crash; I couldn't.
Neither Stiles nor Scott had gotten one shot in the net. Isaac was doing well enough, but no one was doing better than Liam.

When Scott threw a ball that went metres above the actual net, that's when I had to cover my eyes.
"They need to pull their shit together, because this is becoming unbearable."

"Isn't the captain supposed to be one of the best players on the team? Or good?" Kira asked.

"No one likes a smart ass, Yukimura."

Coach changed the drill and put Scott and Stiles on defence. As each player tried their best to get past the boys to the net, they all got knocked back. Coach continued to cheer the boys on, but silence fell when Liam prepared for his go.

Picking up the ball, Liam ran forward. He manoeuvred around both boys with ease and scored within seconds, much to our disappointment. Liam returned to the back of the line, but not before Malia rose to her feet to claim that it was just luck.

"Do-over!" The werecoyote shouted.

"Sweetheart, there's no do-overs. This is a practice," Coach explained condescendingly.

"Ten bucks on Scott and Stiles," she countered confidently.

Coach pointed over to the girl, "I'll take that action. Hey! Get back in there, Liam."

"I feel like he can't legally do that," I said, more to myself than anything.

As the boys reset the play, everyone at the field was watching intently, waiting to see what would happen. Liam ran forward just like he had previously. He made his way past Stiles somewhat easily, but had less luck with Scott.

The werewolf scooped the freshman over his shoulder, knocking him to the ground harshly. The sound of his bone splintering made me wince, watching as the boy lay on the grass.

Coach ran over to his team, pointing at Scott and Stiles accusingly. "Don't move! Don't touch him!"

"I'm okay, Coach," Liam said, rather unconvincingly. "I'm all right."

He attempted to stand up, but just began screaming. Stiles and Scott got on either side of him. The two carried the freshman off of the field, hopefully on their way to the nurse's office.

Coach yelled at the remainder of the team to take a lap, before he picked up and lacrosse ball, turned, and threw it in frustration. He hadn't looked before pelting it, and it was flying straight towards Malia.

Thankfully, Kira's instincts kicked in, and she swung the lacrosse stick in her hand out just in time to stop the ball.

Coach seemed shocked for a moment, before it morphed into impressed. "Wow! Nice catch. Throw it back."

Kira stood up and did as she was told, throwing it right back to him. However, Coach hadn't been expecting the strength behind her throw. He dropped to the ground after the ball hit him square in the chest, crying out in pain.

"Oh, my God," Kira said, becoming aware that she had just injured one of our teachers.

Coach crawled to his knees, straining as he said, "Someone ask her if she's ever played lacrosse."

We were getting ready to leave the field, when I got the strangest feeling. It was like last time, like someone was watching me. But looking around, I saw no one. Even then, I couldn't shake the feeling.

♧♤♢♡

"What was all that about during the tryouts?" Isaac asked as we walked to the car park.

I sighed as I glanced at him, "Scott wants to try and do things without using his werewolf advantage. He thinks it's cheating. But apparently, he got a bit carried away at the end there."

He nodded as I unlocked my car, "I guess that makes sense. But, I don't see the point in having the skill if we don't use it. Besides, is it really cheating if we don't use it to its full extent?"

"Yes, Isaac, that is still technically cheating," I laughed.

Stiles and Scott were taking Liam to the hospital in Stiles' jeep, Malia had gone home to study, and Kira wanted to talk to Scott while he was still at the school.

I needed to go home and get started on homework also, and Isaac had asked for a ride home, which I saw no issue with.

"So, Stiles wasn't happy to see me then?" The Beta asked with a laugh as I began to drive out of the school.

Rolling my eyes, I focused on the road. "Oh, please. Of course he was, he was just a bit surprised at first. You're still a part of the Pack, Isaac."

"I'm glad," he said genuinely. "I promise, that's all I'm here for."

I knew what he meant. I knew that he thought Stiles was jealous, thinking that Isaac had come back for me. But it wasn't like that; Stiles wasn't like that, and neither was Isaac. Not anymore, at least.
Clearing my throat and tightening my grip on the wheel, I tried not to get stuck in the memories.

"That's good."

"With this whole axe murder thing though, it looks like I might have chosen a shit time to come home," he told me jokingly.

I rolled my eyes at the boy, "A guy with a little axe versus you and your claws and fangs? I think I know who would come out on top."

This made him chuckle, "Glad to see you still think so highly of me."

"And why wouldn't I?"

"I just. . . I feel like I still haven't made up for everything that I did after I was bitten. I mean, I was going to kill Lydia. And I definitely thought about killing Stiles a few times."

I finally pulled up at the McCall house, parking on the edge of the nature strip.
"Isaac, you've helped save us all, and you're on our side. Trust me, you could have done worse. Just promise me you still aren't thinking of killing Stiles?"

He smiled with a small laugh, "No guarantees." Leaning over he gave me a quick hug before opening the car door. "I'm just here for a Pack - a family. Thanks for the ride, I'll see you at school tomorrow?"

I nodded, before driving away. I trusted Isaac more than I ever think I did before. Which, I felt bad for thinking, but ever since he was bitten he really changed and it might have been for the better.

Arriving home, I found Charlotte already inside sitting on the couch and watching a movie. She looked over her shoulder as I walked in the room and threw me a smile. "Hey, how was school?"

"The usual," I answered as I slumped down beside her. "Work finish early today?"

She looked away sadly, nodding. "My hours just keep dropping. I think I'm going to have to look for a new job soon."

I scooted closer to her and rested my head on her shoulder. "We'll be okay. I'll get a job. We'll make it work."

"No, Riley, you need to focus on school. I'm supposed to be looking after you, okay?"

"Char, we're supposed to look after each other."

She put an arm around my, hugging me tight. "I just wish I was able to give you everything you need."

"You've given me everything and more, Char."
It made my heart crumble that she thought she wasn't able to provide for me. She was doing her best and that was all that mattered to me.

But I also didn't want her to give up journalism. It was a job she enjoyed and she shouldn't have to quit on my behalf.

We'd make it work; we always did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 110 9
"You know how much I hate that everybody just expects me to bounce back, Just like that" Daisy Young has always learned to survive on her...
39.3K 544 42
β—€ β—₯ In which a girl who almost have nothing left, meet a cute, sarcastic boy in the midd...
2.5K 109 17
[ BOOK 5 ] COMPLETE ❌ It's been three months since the dread doctors, the beast of Gévaudan, Theo, Katherine was busy, she's been focusing on schoo...