She belongs with me

By heavenlyxmoon

'I know you want this just as bad as I do,' he mumbles as his fingertips stroke against my cheek, towards my... More

She belongs with me
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
on hold
47
48
49
Epilogue

8

4.4K 147 27
By heavenlyxmoon

{Olivia}

'Nora,' Isaac begins after we've finished eating. 'Would you like to go on a date with me?' Nora glances over to me and I nod heavily.

'Yeah, I'd like that,' she says to Isaac, smiling. Isaac smiles back and gets up.

'Come on then,' he says to her.

'We still have to pay,' Nora mumbles.

'I got you,' Caleb assures them. 'Now, go.' Nora and Isaac give him a thankful smile before they leave together.

'We'll split the bill,' I say to Caleb. 'You don't have to pay for everything.'

'It's fine, honestly,' Caleb says as he gets up. 'I won't let a woman pay, ever.' As he walks towards the cash register I shake my head. There are not many guys like that anymore. For me, it isn't necessary that a guy covers the bill, I can pay for my own food, but it's sweet when a boy pays for you. Caleb is such a gentleman. I like that about him. He always helps when needed. He even helped Camila the other time.

I don't understand why Camila treats him like shit. Caleb is so sweet and caring and she doesn't even appreciate it. She only "loves" him when she needs something from him.

'Camila responded to my text,' Caleb mumbles as he gets back.

'What did she say?' I ask him. Caleb sighs and hands me his phone.

[02.30 PM]

Fine, but you and I both know you'll come back to me. You always do. I love you Caleb and I know you love me too

'I can't believe her,' I hiss. 'She's such a...' I shake my head and shut my mouth. She isn't worth it.

'I know,' Caleb says and he takes a seat across from me.

'Are you gonna say something back?' I ask him, giving him his phone back. Caleb shrugs his shoulders and looks at the text again.

'I don't know what to say to her anymore,' he mumbles. 'Of course I still love her, I'm not over her in a few days, but I can't do this anymore. She keeps messing with my head and all the times I decided to take her back, to give her another chance, she cheated on me again or tells me I'm not good enough.' Tears are forming in his brown eyes and I feel my heart break. He doesn't deserve this.

'It sucks,' Caleb whispers. 'Knowing you'll never be good enough. I can never be the one for her. She will never find me good enough for her.'

'Caleb...' I take his hand in mine. 'Look at me.' He looks up, his eyes have turned red.

'You are good enough,' I tell him. 'Screw Camila for taking you for granted. You deserve so much better than her. There is a girl out there that can make you very happy, I promise.'

'I just want a normal relationship,' Caleb mumbles. 'I want to be with someone who makes everything seem easy.'

'Love isn't easy,' I say. 'Unfortunately. Every relationship has their issues. I mean, Liam and I had countless fights about his best friend.'

'Why?'

'I think she has feelings for him,' I tell him. 'So I don't really like it when she texts him and hangs out with him all the time.'

'Understandable,' Caleb shrugs. 'But do you trust him?'

'I do,' I sigh. 'Or, I did...' I think back at the event in the hospital. When Amy told me Liam is the one with feelings for her.

'What is it?'

'I saw his best friend, at the hospital today,' I mumble. 'And she told me that Liam had feelings for her before he got to know me. Liam always said to me there were no feelings involved with her, ever. So I don't know what to believe.'

'I won't jump to conclusions,' Caleb says. 'Some girls get crazy when they're jealous. I guess you'll just have to wait until Liam wakes up.'

'Yeah, I guess,' I mumble.

'Let's do something fun to take our minds off things,' Caleb says suddenly. I raise my eyebrow and give him a questioning look.

'Like what?' I ask him.

'There is a drive in theatre in town this evening,' he explains. 'I haven't been to a drive in movie in ages. It would be fun.'

'Okay,' I smile. Caleb's right. We have to think about something else than our relationships. And a drive in movie is the perfect distraction.

'I can borrow my dad's truck,' Caleb says. 'So I'll pick you up around eight.'

{Caleb}

When I'm back home I walk into the living room to see my parents sitting on the couch. My fathers arm is wrapped around my mother.

'Hey Caleb,' my parents greet me when they see me.

'Hey,' I greet them back before I walk to the kitchen to get myself a drink.

'Dad, can I borrow your truck tonight?' I ask him, sitting down on the other couch.

'Yeah, sure,' he says. 'What are you gonna do?'

'I'm going to a drive in movie with Olivia,' I tell him.

'Olivia?' he asks surprised. 'I thought you were dating Camila? She was staying the night the other day.'

'Camila and I broke up,' I sigh. 'For good this time.'

'Honey...' My mother gives me a sympathizing look. 'Are you okay?'

'I'm fine,' I say. 'Really. I'm done with her.'

'But Olivia, huh?' My father wiggles his eyebrows. 'Do you like her?'

'We're just friends,' I mumble, feeling my cheeks burn. Olivia could never like me in that way.

'If you say so,' my father smirks after which my mother gives him a little stump.

'Jack!' She shakes her head. 'Leave Caleb alone.'

'I'm just teasing,' my father laughs, placing a kiss on my mothers forehead. I'm glad my parents are still together, and in love. A lot of families don't have that. Olivia doesn't have that. I hope her parents can work it out, but Olivia herself doesn't have a lot of faith in it.

I get up from the couch and make my way upstairs to my room. I sigh as I let myself fall onto the bed.

My phone buzzes, so I grab it out of the pocket from my jeans and see that Camila sent me another text. I hadn't even replied to the other one.

[04.43 PM]

Caleb, please answer me. I'm sorry I said those things to you, okay? You are good enough for me and I love you. I don't want to lose you.

[04.44 PM]

Camila, I can't do this anymore. We're both better off without each other

[04.46 PM]

I can't control myself without you. You know how I can get with alcohol. Please Caleb, give me another chance. I promise I'll treat you like you deserve.

I bite my lip and close my eyes for a second. I don't want Camila to drown herself in alcohol. But it isn't my job to keep her away from it, is it? I sigh deeply and groan. She needs to be able to take care of herself. Maybe she should see a therapist or something. I can't be her babysitter anymore.

[04.48 PM]

I'm sorry Camila, but I just can't. Maybe you should seek professional help. I can't be the one who helps you with your drinking problem. I need to focus on myself for a while.

[04.50 PM]

You just want to be with Olivia. Just admit it already. You like her.

I shake my head and put my phone away. I won't respond to her if she starts talking like that. Why do girls always assume there is someone else when you break up with them? Olivia and I are just friends. She has a boyfriend, so we could never be together. Besides, I'm not ready to be in another relationship so fast after Camila. I still care for her, and I don't know if that's ever going to stop.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

830K 30.8K 26
YOU WILL HATE THIS BOOK! This story is NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS. KEEP YOUR HURTFUL AND HATEFUL COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. IT DOESN'T GO WHERE YOU THINK IT...
10.2K 144 44
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
2.9M 79.1K 48
When a downcast, introverted, and unmotivated twenty-eight-year-old hooks up with a stranger at a bar, the last thing she expected was to see him at...
2.1M 83.5K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...