AURORA

By peacybeau

I was always the odd one out, from my appearance to the bad luck always surrounding me and I never did compla... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
Not Happy
56
57
58
59

13

20.2K 617 45
By peacybeau

An hour max my ass, the meeting's been on for 3 hours and I was getting fustrated. The only reason I am not asleep is cause the main topic of the meeting is the merging of the two great packs so I had to stay awake.

"Now I would like to welcome the new arrivals, so if you know you joined us today please be on your feet", Alpha Stevens said.

I rolled my eyes, throughout the meeting, the elders of my pack were trying hard to impress the alpha of the Luna pack.

"Aurora you should get up" Kate nudged me.

"Sure thing", I looked round and when I saw no one else getting up I stood. I noted that there was a total of 15 arrivals including myself.

"Please introduce yourself and do tell us why you decided to join our packs", Rex's father said.

Scanning the crowd I felt relived that I would be the last to speak, I wasn't sure what to say when it gets to my turn.

Cora what do I say?

I think you should tell them the same thing you told Rex, Cora suggested

Which is?

Your presence is to avoid being rouge by finishing your study at a werewolf high school.

Ok then .

There was still three people before me, so I decided to study the people at the stage, I noticed Damien staring at me.

Dave nudged me softly, "it's your turn now".

"Am Aurora Knight and am here not to join the pack but get reacquainted so I don't become rouge".

The crowd seemed shocked, even the ranking officers. My father and Rex's dad were visibly tensed.

"If that's the case why did you leave and why come back now we're about to merge?",

Shrugging my shoulders indifferently I answered "Well I didn't know there would be an alliance between the packs and I left because I wasn't wanted. But am here so I can finish high school in my pack so I don't become a rouge".

I noticed alpha Stevens glaring at me so I sent a wink in his direction.

Alpha Miguel looked between alpha Stevens and I, "I would like to see you after this assembly young lady".

I nodded and sat down.

"Well that was intense" Neil commented.

"Yeah, first day and you're wanted in the alpha's office, girl you're something"

I shrugged my shoulders but I was curious as to why he wanted to see me.

"The official merging of the pack will be held in three months time, this is to enable us correlate and understand ourselves better and get our IDs. With that I say goodnight".

Alpha Miguel stood and left followed by the other elders.

After they all left I turned to Dave, "can you show me the alpha's office?"

"There will be no need for that, I'll take you there",

I turned and was shocked to see my other twin Damien, I raised my brows at him.

"I was assigned to escort you there", he said while shifting nervously.

I said my goodbyes to the others then turned to Damien, "Sure lead the way".

We walked in silence but I could tell Damien wanted to say something so I focused on my phone.

After a while we got to a door,  "well this is your stop", he gestured.

"Thanks", I knocked but before I could go in Damien stopped me

He rubbed his neck nervously, "I'll be here when you're done, I kinda wanna talk to you"

"There's nothing for us to discuss" with that I walked into the office.

The first thing I noticed were the occupants of the room, Alpha Miguel and Sofia, Rex's parents and mine.

Bowing slightly I spoke to alpha Miguel "you wanted to see me?"

"Yes please sit" he gestured to the chairs around.

Looking round, I sat on a single sofa that was close to the door.

"Now tell me why did you leave?"

"I wasn't wanted" I stated simply.

"No one said you weren't wanted Aurora" this came from my mother, who looked sad.

I looked at her, "really now Mrs Micheal, I didn't know I was loved"

"So why come back now?" Alpha Miguel asked again.

"The pack law states that one who turns 19 outside the pack or doesn't finish high school in a pack school would be considered a rouge".

"I'll be 19 by the end of the month, more like the beginning and almost done with high school, so I decided to come back but to leave after high school".

Alpha Stevens stared at me real hard "how can we be sure you're not here for something else?"

I scoffed, "and what would that be alpha. Not be rude but am not here for the pack rather myself. After high school I'll be leaving".

Alpha Miguel seemed genuinely shocked "do you have anyone to go to once you graduate high school?"

I felt tears prick my eyes at reminder of my loss, all because of them and yet here they are, acting like they care, I could feel my anger slowly rising.

And they'll pay, everyone of them, but we've got to make them accept us fully, Cora spoke softly

Yeah I know, it's hard to sit and not rip their throats.

Yes it is but we have to earn their trust, Cora replied.

Breathing deeply I shook my head and looked up, "no I don't, not anymore".

They seemed shocked and am guessing it's because of the tears in my eyes.

Luna Stevens came forward but I stopped her, "I don't want your sympathy Luna". She paused halfway across the room then went back to her seat.

"We're sorry for your loss, whoever it was", shockingly my parents looked real sad.

Alpha Stevens stood behind the desk, "am sorry for your loss which am guessing is recent. But I want you to stay here".

"I don't think that's a good idea for me" I spoke softly hitching my breath for effect, I wanted them to see me as helpless.

"I want you to give the pack a chance again, I guess you had fall out with your pack when you were younger but I can guarantee you that things will be different now that there's an alliance and whatever it is won't repeat itself again". Alpha Miguel stated.

I lowered my head and smirked

Well they're quite easy to convince

They sure are, Cora

Good thing then, they're in for it

Keeping my voice soft I looked up at him and smiled "thank you, but I'll have to think about it alpha".

"Sure, but I want your answer tomorrow morning. You're free to retire to your room"

I stood and muttered my goodnight and left.

Stepping outside I saw Damien still waiting, ignoring him I walked towards the elevator.

"Aurora please can we talk"

I turned to him, "don't you have a weak person to prey on enforcer Damien".

"Am not like that anymore Aurora, I've changed please let's talk".

I yawned loudly "your presence bores me. Goodnight" with that I stepped into the elevator.

Getting to my room I showered and laid on the bed,

So what do you think, Cora asked

We made progress and I like the idiot errand boy, although I still want to rip his vocal cords.

Cora howled in laughter, that would be nice but we can use him, he seems like a big gossip and maybe a good friend.

I nodded, yeah you're right about the gossip part but not the friend part.

What do you think about the meeting with the elders.

Am glad we made the alpha convince us to stay, this way we have enough time to plot carefully, plan's changed that they're gone.

Yeah, it has everything's changed now.

The sheets were quite dusty am pretty sure if dad Tyler knew I was laying on a dusty sheet he would deprive me off Skittles for a week but dad Vito would still sneak some to my room.

At that thought I felt the tears roll down. They were gone, they were really gone. Curling on my side I wept, in my head I could hear Cora whining softly.

I wanted to kill them all at this moment but I knew I needed to think with a clear head.

It was raining when the tears had died down, I recalled Celine's soft heartbeat and concentrated on it, the sound together with the platter of rain on my window lulled me to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330K 13.5K 87
In the Supernatural world lies the Werewolf world. And in the Werewolf world lie packs. Natalia was the omega of her pack with the blood of an alpha...
200K 6.1K 37
Book 1 - The Lotus Moon Series - Beta Lancaster Beta Taylor Lancaster was never supposed to take a mate, as a category three dangerous wolf, he was d...
2.4K 33 20
"I have a partner, you can't stay in the Power Axis pack." Alpha Oswald smirked "I think that's what rejection stands for." I retorted with a wince...
739 42 13
"I Alpha Jason Huntsman of the Blue Moon Pack reject you Esmeray Woodsmith of the Blue Moon pack as my mate." My knees feel weak and my whole body st...