Lost In Our Memories (Dramion...

By CristinaMiru1

After the Battle of Hogwarts Draco Malfoy left England. He's been traveling the world in order to gain field... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 31

1.7K 69 79
By CristinaMiru1

The next morning, Harry Potter was in for a big surprise. As soon as he got to work, he heard the Minister and the Head Auror wanted to talk to him.

"You are expected in the Minister's office, Mr. Potter. They are both waiting for you there." His assistant told him as soon as she saw him.

"What in Godric's name would they want with me so early in the morning?" Harry mumbled to himself, but went, nonetheless.

When he reached the Minister's office, he was surprised to see Ron waiting in front of the door.

"Blimey, Harry, you too?" Ron said in a whisper, his eyes flashing worriedly. "What do you think has happened?"

"I don't know." Harry whispered back and just then the door opened wide and a sturdy man beckoned them to enter.

"Ah, good morning, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley." The Minister said, flashing them a wide smile.

He was sitting at his huge mahogany desk, sheets of paper neatly placed in stacks in front of him. To his right, Head Auror Kingsley Shacklebolt was watching Harry and Ron intently.

"Good morning Minister." Harry and Ron said in unison. "Good morning, Mr. Shacklebolt." They added turning to look at the Head Auror. He simply nodded his head in reply.

"Now, I am sure you are wondering why I called you here so early in the morning." The Minister said seriously.

Harry and Ron both nodded without saying anything. They were indeed beyond curious and anxious to know the reason they have been both summoned there. It had to be serious if the Minister himself wanted to talk to them.

"The reason I called you here today is because I have decided we are going to attend Mrs. Malfoy's Halloween ball." The Minister finally said and after a short pause, in which Harry and Ron both gaped at him in shock, he added "I can imagine you are both very surprised. It has come to my attention that she wants to host a ball and I decided it is good manners to attend."

"Good manners?" Ron blurted out, eyes bulging out from shock. Harry on the other hand remained quiet.

"Yes, Mr. Weasley, good manners." The Minister said coolly. "The woman helped bring about Voldemort's demise by lying about Mr. Potter being dead. She deserves the courtesy." The Minister finished with a small huff. "Now, I expect you will all leave past quarrels behind and attend this event. If you would be so kind as to let Mrs. Granger know as well" the Minister addressed Harry with a small smile on his face. "She is taking the day off, so I couldn't tell her myself."

"Of course, Minister." Harry nodded.

"I've already discussed with the Head Auror and he will take care of the security details."

"There's no refusing it now." Harry said wearily as soon as he and Ron left the Minister's Office.

"How did he even find out?" Ron asked, a scowl plastered on his face.

It was clear he did not like the idea, to be forced to go and enjoy a ball at the Malfoy Manor. Harry could not blame him. It was the last thing he wanted, but part of him had to agree with the Minister. Narcissa helped him a great deal when she lied to Voldemort, and that meant he owed her.

"I don't know." Harry said shrugging. "Perhaps she sent him a personal invitation."

"Or perhaps she complained to him about you not accepting her invitation straight away." Ron grumbled. "Blasted Malfoys and their connections."

***

Meanwhile, Draco Malfoy was far from feeling the delights of such connections. He had received a note from his mother, letting him know the Minister himself will be attending the ball, therefore it was expected of him, Draco, to make an appearance.

Draco cursed under his breath and threw the note into the fire. He was at his flat, waiting for Blaise and Theo to arrive. He had promised them a catchup since they haven't seen each other in a month. That is, if you exclude Blaise patching Draco up, or Theo helping him with curse breaking.

"What are you so unhappy about, Malfoy?" Blaise said as soon as he appeared into the flat. Theo joined him a second later.

"Yeah, do tell us what has gotten you in such a sullen mood." Theo teased.

"Shut up, both of you." Draco grumbled, slouched into one of the armchairs in front of the fire.

"My my, someone is unhappy." Blaise said mockingly, taking a sit as well, soon followed by Theo who took the remaining armchair.

Draco glared at Blaise, who simply ignored him. With a wave of his wand he made three glasses and a bottle of firewiskey appear. When all three of them had a glass in one hand, Blaise continued his taunts.

"I'm serious, Malfoy. Why don't you end your misery and talk to her?" Blaise asked, taking a huge sip of firewiskey.

"That would be counterproductive." Draco said drily.

At that statement Blaise raised his eyebrows, while Theo chuckled into his glass.

"What makes you say that?" Blaise prompted, ignoring Draco's glare.

"I've been staying away from her for a month. What good would it do to ruin all that hard work?" Draco said with a grimace, taking a generous sip from his glass.

"Have you heard about the ball your mother is hosting?" Theo said, eying Draco intently.

"Yeah, she told me when I last saw her. And now she's told me that the Minister will be attending, and I have to go as well." Draco said, glaring into his glass.

"So that's why you're in such a mood. Well then, let me give you a piece of news. Your fair one, Hermione Granger, will be attending this ball on Halloween." Blaise said pleased with himself.

"How in Salazar's name do you know that?" Theo asked in surprise.

"Ginny Potter just told me."

"Since when do you talk to Ginny Potter, Blaise?" Draco asked, eyes narrowing.

"Since we each have a stupid friend that sighs and pines. I have a stupid ferret and she has an oblivious bookworm." Blaise said smirking.

"If you don't stop your blabber, I swear on Salazar's name I will curse you right now." Draco snapped, pulling out his wand.

"Alright, alright. Suit yourself." Blaise exclaimed defensively, raising one hand into the air.

At Blaise's words, Draco visibly relaxed. He was just about to raise the glass to his lips when Blaise's next sentence hit him like a punch.

"She's already going with someone else, so there is no need to feel pressured, Draco." Blaise said casually, but with a shrewd expression on his face.

Draco's hand stopped midair and a heavy silence fell over the room. Even Theo remained motionless, eyeing both his friends nervously.

"Who?" was all Draco asked in a quiet, strained voice.

"A bloke called McKinley I think she said. Yeah, Robert McKinley, newly transferred Auror." Blaise finished, waving his hand.

Draco did not reply. His face remained blank, void of all emotion, but Theo could see his jaw clenching and his fingers gripping the glass so tightly his knuckles went white.

After that, they spent their time talking about the progress of the investigation into the new Death Eaters case. They were all careful to avoid anything related to Hermione Granger or the ball.

Thank you all for reading this story! I hope you're curious how the ball will proceed in this circumstances ;) Is so, stay tuned for the next chapters. Until then, have a wonderful day! ^_^ <333
Bellow there's a funny imagine I found on internet with Blaise's teasing XD Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.9K 2K 38
A Dramione story. After the war, some students decided to return to Hogwarts for completing their education. Hermione Granger was one of them. Harry...
1.7K 103 32
We follow the story of a young witch named Y/N, who arrives at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry under the guise of a muggle-born student. L...
3.4K 18 48
Started this on Ao3 **Please do not steal or copy** Hermione Granger returns back to Hogwarts to finish her last year. After everything that has happ...
6.8K 163 21
A Dramione Fanfiction that takes place in 6th year. Hermione must learn to fly if she wants to get on with a career. Harry and Ron are too busy, and...