Chapter 16

After the scene at the hospital, it seemed as though the ice broke between Hermione and Draco. They started calling each other by their first names and kept meeting frequently. Hermione soon started to see different sides of Draco Malfoy and she was beginning to enjoy his company very much.

They ate dinner together almost every other day, they would sit on the terrace and read or take long walks in the park. Crookshanks also adopted him as one of his family, purring and meowing whenever he would see Draco.

Even though Hermione could not remember how Draco used to be in school, she realized that it didn't matter so much to her because she liked him very much now. He was smart, caring and considerate and made her feel safe. She also found his curiosity very amusing.

That evening they were at Hermione's flat, just finishing a very delicious dinner. Draco helped her clean up, as two wands were always better than one. They then retreated on the couch, each on either side of Crookshanks who was curled up in his favorite spot. After petting the cat for a minute, Draco looked up and noticed the TV. He frowned at it, suddenly remembering that time when he saw Hermione crying while looking at it.

"Hermione, I've been meaning to ask you something." He said walking up and stopping in front of the TV.

"Hm, about what?" Hermione's voice came from the kitchen. She was making tea and wasn't paying too much attention to him.

"What is this bloody thing?" Draco said, probing the TV screen with his wand, looking at it apprehensively. "And what does it do? That day when I came bursting in here, you were crying your eyes out while watching this thing making lights and sounds. It also had moving pictures on it." He said, looking around the TV, trying to figure out how it worked.

"Oh that?" Hermione giggled, finally paying attention to Draco. She brought the tea into the sitting room and placed the mugs on the table. "That is a TV. You watch movies on it."

"Movies? What the heck is that?" Draco asked with a frown. He didn't like not knowing stuff and this muggle contraption was making him feel frustrated.

"Here, let me show you." Hermione chuckled. Seeing him look so frustrated because of muggle stuff somehow made her like him even more. "Look, you press this button here" she was showing him the remote, pressing the red button that turned the TV on. "and you just watch the screen." She finished, gesturing towards the big TV screen. Draco jumped at the sudden light and noises.

They spent a while, browsing the channels until Hermione changed it to the drama she and Ginny were watching. After a few minutes into the story, Draco let out a loud snort.

"What a stupid bloke! Why is he leaving like that for? He should have clung onto her, ask her to stay with him and protect her by staying by her side." Draco finished with a huff, crossing his arms in frustration.

Hermione let out a laugh, earning a frown from Draco who evidently thought she was laughing at him.

"Ginny said the same thing." She explained quickly, seeing his expression. That made him relax a bit and instead smiled at her amused look.

Suddenly, a thought entered his mind and made his smile falter.

You shouldn't be the one to say that, Draco Malfoy. You, who have done that and even worse to her. You shouldn't have the right to criticize. The voice in his head said bitterly.

Luckily, Hermione's attention had turned to something else and therefore she didn't notice his grim expression. Two owls had just stopped on the windowsill and were hooting softly. Hermione hurried to take the letter off the leg of her dark grey owl, while Draco came behind her and picked up the letter his chocolate colored owl was holding. They both stood there for a moment, reading their letters in silence. Suddenly, Hermione let out a soft gasp, making Draco's head snap up.

Lost In Our Memories (Dramione story) [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara