The Hidden One

By idksomethingnotlame

"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes bac... More

0. prologue and cast
1. the train ride
2. first day
3. moony's class
4. broom lessons
5. break-ins
6. private lessons
7. quidditch matches
8. getting the map
9. hogsmeade
10. awkward conversations
11. birthdays surprises
12. spilled secrets
13. fights and feuds
14. fear
15. coming home
16. the final match
17. anxieties
18. the reveal
19. the story
20. the rat
21. werewolves
22. important conversations
23. going home
24. summer
25. makeups
26. hospital visits
reunions
holding hands
water runs
dark marks
presents
adult conversations
back to school
first day
ferrets
arguments
new students
quidditch players and veelas
the goblet
cousins
saying goodbye
new home
daily prophet
fireplace conversations
the first task
house elves
dates
stupid boys
yule ball
awkwardness
baths
the second task
articles
hate mail
mr. crouch
practicing spells
visitors
the third task
the graveyard
revealed secrets
angry ministers
memorials
failed powers
mirror conversations
nightmares
windows
revealed truths
food fights
new information
tapestries
the trial
boggarts
punches
ministry interference
throwing books
biscuits
detentions
final detention
high inquisitor
hog's head
hurt owls
room of requirement
lifelong bans
giants
thesterals
snake bites
big surprises
girl fights
valentine's day
the quibbler
last meeting
fireworks
office break ins
giant brothers
OWLs
orbs
archways
prophecies
arrivals
letters
alive
the burrow
birthdays
pygmy puffs
broken noses
amortentia
tryouts
kittens
captains
new rooms
warnings
Christmas parties
Christmas eve
rings
poisoned mead
cracked skulls
horcruxes
Jealousy
Astronomy towers
broken backs
funerals
missions
missing ears
wills
polyjuice potion
engagements
engagement articles
planning
dungeons
doubt
godric's hollow
sick
promises
shell cottage
parents
dragons
ariana
diadems
nagini
elder wands
memorials (epilogue)
note from the author
sequel
a quick message
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter
bonus chapter

world cup

15.7K 595 786
By idksomethingnotlame

Rose and Hermione talked about what they had learned until the boys asked if they wanted to go buy souvenirs. They both agreed and came back a few hours later with empty pockets.

Sirius had slipped Rose a few extra galleons so she made sure to get presents for him, Remus and her mum. She was extra anxious about that present because she knew next to nothing about her mum, so she got her a matching necklace that glowed when the other person was thinking of you. For her dad, she got a bracelet that if you pressed the jewel on it and thought of a sentence, the sentence  would appear on the inside of the other bracelet. She thought it would be good to have if he stayed on the run for a long time and she needed to contact him quickly. For Moony she got a small, stuffed wolf toy and some hot chocolate mix, as she knew hot chocolate was his favorite drink.

Ron bought some stuff to support Ireland, but he also got a small figurine of Krum that walked around. Harry bought omnoculars for everyone, despite how expensive they were. Everyone promised to pay him back. Hermione bought some stuff for her family and then a small mood ring for Rose.

By the time they got back to the tent it was time to leave again. A booming voice announced that the cup was about to start so the large group joined the crowd and started walking to the stadium.

"Seats a hundred thousand," Mr. Weasley explained as he led the group up the many stairs. "A ministry task force of 500 have been working on it all year. There's a muggle repelling charm on it, obviously. If a muggle were to walk up to it, they would suddenly remember an appointment they have...bless them."

"Wait, so if Hermione wanted to bring her parents, she couldn't?" Rose asked. Mr. Weasley slowed down as he walked, thinking over the answer.

"I guess...not. But that's a question for someone else," Mr. Weasley finally answered. Rose looked at the ground, slightly troubled. Not all muggles were bad, and many would enjoy a game like quidditch.

"Prime seats! Top box, just keep going up as high as you can go, Arthur," A witch informed the group. The group continued to walk up the many sets of stairs until they reached the very top. Rose glanced around in shock, never having seen so many wizards in one place. The whole group filed into their seats and Rose quickly plopped down into hers, exhausted from the climb up and from healing her mum. She assumed that the bigger the thing she healed, the more tired she would be.

"Tired, are you?" Ron asked the girl, a teasing smile on his face.

"Oh, shut up. The things you make me go through! I don't-" Rose started.

"Even like quidditch!" The rest of the quartet, Ginny and the twins chorused together. Rose rolled her eyes.

"Dobby?" Harry suddenly asked. Rose turned around to see who he was looking at and saw a miserable looking house elf.

"Did sir just call me Dobby?" The house elf asked, looking at Harry between her fingers which were firmly planted in front of her eyes.

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were someone else," Harry apologized, starting to tun around. He sent a look to Hermione and Ron. Rose was once again reminded that she had joined the friendship late. Although she had been told much of what happened in the two years before she went to Hogwarts, she wasn't told everything. She had no idea who Dobby was or why he was so significant. Rose turned around in her seat and stared down at the crowd.

"But I know Dobby too, sir! My name is Winky! And you... you must be Harry Potter!" The house elf gasped. Rose could only imagine the blush on Harry's face.

"Yeah, that's me."

"Dobby talks about you all the time!"

"How is he? How's freedom suiting him?" Harry questioned. Rose was once again reminded of his hero complex as he asked this question. She could only guess that Harry set this house elf free.

"Oh...I is not sure you did the right thing setting Dobby free, sir. Freedom is going to his head...he can't get another position," Winky explained.

"Well, why not?" Harry asked.

"He is asking for... he is asking for payment!" Winky gasped.

"Payment? Why shouldn't he get paid?" Harry asked. Rose scoffed lightly at just how little effort he had actually made at joining the wizarding world.

"House elves are not paid, sir! I tell Dobby to get a house somewhere, to get rid of the idea of payment, but he doesn't listen," Winky replied.

"Well, Dobby deserves to have some fun," Harry reasoned.

"House elves do not have fun, sir. We just do what we're told. My master told me to save him his seat, so I am. Winky doesn't like heights, no she doesn't."

"Why did he send you up here if you dont like heights?" Harry questioned.

"Master needs me to save him a seat, Harry Potter. That is what I do. Winky is a good house elf," Winky replied. Judging by the fact that no other words were said, Rose assumed that she had decided to hide her eyes again and that ended the conversation.

"So that's a house elf? Kinda weird," Ron muttered.

"Dobby was weirder," Harry replied, but his attention was on someone else.

"Rose?" Harry whispered. The girl let out a small hum to tell him that she was listening but she fumbled with the omnocular in her lap. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine...I just sometimes remember that I wasn't here for two whole years and a lot happened then. I guess I just dont feel... like I'm supposed to be in this group. I feel like I'm intruding sometimes," Rose explained, so quiet that Harry had to lean in to hear her. She finally looked up at him and her breath got caught in her throat. His face was almost touching hers and his emerald eyes were looking at her with concern.

"You'll always be a part of our group. We're complete now because of you," Harry whispered. Rose nodded and then grabbed him in a hug. He quickly hugged her back, closing his eyes. Her hair, ironically, smelled like roses and he decided that that was his favorite smell in the whole world. The pair separated but Harry grabbed her hand, trying to make sure that she understood that he wanted her there. The pair commented on all the ads that were flashing up around the stadium at the box quickly became full.

Cornelius Fudge, the minister of magic, appeared and everyone rushed to shake his hand. Percy, who had been jumping up and down to shake people's hands, bowed so deeply that his glasses fell and broke. Fudge shook Harry's hand as if they were friends before looking over to Rose.

"Lyn Dylan, is it?" The minister asked. Rose nodded slowly, confused as to how he knew her name. He sent her a look that made it seem as if she was a problem. "Hmmm. It seems I need to have a conversation with you, Dumbledore and your...guardian at some point."

"Oh...ok. I'll write to my godfather as soon as possible," Rose replied, sending a look to Hermione who stared back with wide eyes.

"Thank you," Fudge replied, although his eyes and tone held no kindness. He turned to his side and beckoned another man forward.

"This is Harry Potter, you know. Defeated You-Know-Who...the scar..." Fudge pointed out to the man next to him. The man seemed to not speak any English, but when he saw the scar on Harry's forehead he started rambling in Blugarian. Fudge let out a sigh. "Knew we'd get there in the end. I'm no good with languages. I need Barty Crouch for that. His house elf is saving him a seat though, good.- Ah, Lucius!"

The quartet quickly turned their heads to see three people entering the box, Draco, his father and his mother. Rose let out a gasp and Harry whipped his head around to look at her.

"I just realized I'm related to them!" Rose whispered, disgust clear in her voice. Harry scrunched up his nose but turned back around.

"Ah, Fudge. How lovely to see you. Have you met my son, Draco, or my wife, Narcissa?" Lucius greeted the minister.

"How do you do? This is the Bulgarian minister. Couldn't pronounce his name if I tried, to tell you the truth. And he doesn't speak English so no worries! And I'm sure you know Arthur Weasley?" Fudge replied. Mr. Weasley and Lucius looked at each other and Rose remembered a story about them getting into a fist fight.

"Good lord, Arthur. What did you have to do to get seats in the top box? Surely your house isn't worth that much?" Lucius asked, quiet enough that Fudge couldn't hear. Mr. Weasley went red and Rose almost stood out of her seat to hex the man.

"Lucius gave a very charitable donation to St. Mungo's. He's here as my guest," Fudge told Mr. Weasley.

"How...how nice," Mr. Weasley said, struggling to say the words.

Lucius surveyed the people in the box. His eyes trailed over everyone until they got to Rose. He stared at her intently for a few seconds before sending her a sneer and continuing to look. When his eyes fell upon Hermione his sneer grew even deeper. He knew better than to say anything in front of the minister, so he excused himself and took his seat, his family following after him.

"Slimy gits," Ron muttered. Rose nodded and felt disgusted to even be related to them, even if it was distant. She'd have to remember to ask her dad just how distant it was.

"Everyone ready?" Ludo Bagman asked, bouncing into the top box. "Great! Let's begin!"

‐------------------‐------------------‐------------------‐------------

The quidditch match was just as boring as Rose thought it would be. The only good part was when the Veela and the leprechauns started to fight. Fred and George had been right about Ireland winning but Krum catching the snitch so they were able to double their money. Everyone had gotten leprechaun gold and Rose didn't have the heart to tell Ron that the gold would disappear.

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," Mr. Weasley warned the twins as they all walked back to the tents.

"No worries, Dad. We have big plans for this money," Fred replied. Mr. Weasley seemed to think about asking what the plans were but he refrained. The large group made their way to the tents quickly and changed into pajamas before meeting in the boys tent for some celebratory hot chocolate. The whole group sat around and talked until Ginny fell asleep and knocked over her drink. It was only then that Mr. Weasley told everyone to go to sleep. Unfortunately, the Irish fans were cheering so loudly that it was hard to go to sleep. The sound from outside the tent was almost deafening.

"Get up! Quickly!" Mr. Weasley shouted suddenly, only around 20 minutes after he told them to sleep. The three girls quickly got up and pulled on their shoes before rushing outside. It was absolute madness. Tents were on fire, everyone was screaming and there were men walking around in masks. Fear grabbed Rose's heart as she realized that they were death eaters. She quickly grabbed the hands of Hermione and Ginny and pulled them to where Mr. Weasley and the boys were standing. It was there that she noticed Mr. Roberts and his family were being forced up into the air by the death eaters.

"We're going to help the ministry!" Mr. Weasley yelled, motioning to himself, Bill, Charlie and Percy. "Fred, George, you're in charge. Take them into the woods and hide!"

Mr. Weasley ran off not long after and the twins quickly took charge, grabbing Ginny and motioning for the others to follow. However, it didnt take long before Ron let out a yell and the quartet stopped to make sure he was ok, losing the twins in the process.

"What happened? Ron? Oh, this is stupid -- lumos!" Hermione said, lighting up her wand. They were deep enough in the forest that they weren't being trampled by the crowd.

"Tripped over a tree root," Ron explained sheepishly. Harry helped him to stand up.

"With feet that size it'd be hard not to," A familiar voice drawled. The quartet looked over to glare at Draco, who was calmly leaning on a tree.

"With a head and ego that big it must be hard not to fall over," Rose sniped back. Draco glared at her and she stared back with just as much intensity. Draco seemed to give up after a few seconds.

"You should get her out of here," Draco said, nodding his head at Hermione.

"Yeah, and why's that?" Ron asked.

"Weasel, they're after muggles," Draco told the red head as if it was the most obvious thing ever. It kind of was the more Rose thought about it.

"Hermione is a witch," Harry pointed out, moving to block Hermione from Draco.

"It won't matter," Rose spoke up. "As much as it pains me to say this, Malfoy is right. We need to go."

Harry and Ron stared at Rose as if she had three heads.

"She's right. I'd go if I were you," Draco drawled, twirling his wand in between his fingers.

"How are you so calm? Are your parents wearing the masks, is that how?" Harry said, stepping close to Draco until Rose grasped his arm. Draco stepped away from the tree to move closer to the group.

"I wouldn't tell you if they were," Draco replied calmly, but Rose could see some fear in his eyes. Harry scoffed but allowed Rose to pull him away and Hermione pulled Ron away. When Harry seemed unsure of if it was a good idea to leave, Rose leaned up to his ear.

"Let's go. Something bad is going to happen and I'd rather be far away from him when it does."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 785 14
"Oh, boo who lover boy." "Fucking bastard!" "Dont talk about shaging my sister!" Life and death go hand in hand, without one the other does not exis...
14.7K 233 25
Alexa Lupin a mega-witch like her mother and werewolf like her father She was far stronger then any witch or wizard to have ever existed with her mot...
712K 21.7K 50
πš‚πš˜ πš–πšžπšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšœπšŠπš’πš’πš—πš "𝚞𝚜" 'π™²πšŠπšžπšœπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽπš—'𝚝 πš–πš’πš—πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†γ€€γ€€ qο½₯:...
7.9K 246 15
Where Harry James Potter hopelessly pines after a girl and won't stop asking her out. When history repeats itself and a certain arrogant boy with eme...