Here We Are

By universebunny

"We don't need things like memories" ~~~~~ Being one of Inarizaki's Volleyball managers is tough, the countle... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Routines
Chapter 2: I'll work hard!
Chapter 3: Foxes
Chapter 4: You haven't changed
Chapter 5: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa
Chapter 6: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa Part 2
Chapter 7: Code Blue
Chapter 8: Tokyo Teams
Chapter 9: Sakusa Kiyoomi
Chapter 10: Itachiyama Volleyball Club
Chapter 11: Tomorrow
Chapter 12: Seize Your Moment
Chapter 13: Behold Today's Champions
Chapter 14: Winners and Losers
Chapter 15: Summer
Chapter 16: Second-Year Shenanigans
Chapter 17: In Due Time
Chapter 18: And So It Begins.
Chapter 20: Turn it Around
Chapter 21: Intense Force
Chapter 22: The struggles of the weak-willed
Chapter 23: The 'Talented'
Chapter 24: Rivals
Chapter 25: Simple, Pure Strength
Chapter 26: Until We Meet Again
Chapter 27: Consequences
Chapter 28: Atsumu and Y/N
Chapter 29: Through the Time
Chapter 30: Rerun
Chapter 31: Love/Expectations
Chapter 32: Where Monsters Go
Chapter 33: Care
Chapter 34: Not Alone
Chapter 35: It'll soon be Spring
Chapter 36: Solitude
Chapter 37 - Finally Here; The Starting Point
Chapter 38: Challengers
Chapter 39: This is War
Chapter 40: Monster's Banquet
Chapter 41: Captain
Chapter 42: The Promised Place
Chapter 43: The Day of Change
Chapter 44: Those Who Have Lost
Chapter 45: Solace
Chapter 46: Our Spring Comes To An End
Chapter 47: Love
Chapter 48: Thank you, goodbye.
Chapter 49: Endings and Beginnings
Chapter 50: Rebirth
Chapter 51: Room to Grow
Chapter 52: Change
Chapter 53: Synergy
Chapter 54: Let The Games Begin
Chapter 55: Awkward
Chapter 56: Pushing Forward
Chapter 57: The Bonds We Make
Chapter 58: Preparations
Chapter 59: One Step Forward

Chapter 19: Reprise

9.4K 398 442
By universebunny

Interhigh National Tournament
Day 2 – Second Round

"Aran!" "MIYA-SENPAI!!" "Suna!!!" "Gin!" "Atsumu!!"

The huge crowd of Inarizaki fans squeal with excitement as Inarizaki steps onto the court for their first game, waving around their fansigns excitedly as they cheer. Y/N watches the team from the bench with Coach Kurosu and Coach Oomi, smiling proudly at their confidence. It's her third time coming to nationals, but the excitement always stays.

Cameras, fans, players; Inarizaki has all eyes on them. They're the favourites to win, the Strongest Challengers.

"Miya Atsumu! Can we ask you a few questions??"

"Ojiro Aran! Congratulations on your win! Would you be able to speak with us??"

Suna and Osamu watch boredly as the interviewers and cameras swarm around Atsumu and Ojiro, thankful that they're not in their position.

"Those two are as popular as always." Y/N observes, scoffing when some people ask for pictures with Atsumu.

"Couldn't be me." Suna mutters, rolling his eyes as he takes out his phone.

"Excuse me! Suna Rintarou! Would you be okay with me asking you a few questions??"

"Huh?" Suna stares dumbfounded at the interviewer who excitedly holds out her microphone to him. "I uhh..."

He frantically glances at Y/N and Osamu, who helpfully smirk at him and give him thumbs up, internally laughing at his discomfort. They wave him off as they continue smirking smugly.

"Uhh... sure..." He mutters, scowling at them as he turns back to the interviewer.

"Looks like Suna's catchin' a few eyes." Ginjima comments as he joins them. "'Bout time too, I'm surprised he wasn't more popular last year."

"Yeah, I kinda predicted this though. I ordered more Suna fansigns to sell in our merch store and they're selling pretty well. Maybe I should post more of his pictures on our official accounts? We could market him more..." Y/N trails off, mentally calculating more ways to make bigger profits. Osamu and Ginjima sweat drop at this.

"...You scare me sometimes, N/N."

"Whatever. I think those girls over there wanna get a picture with you, don't let your fans down~"

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Interhigh National Tournament
Day 3 – Third Round & Quarterfinals

Y/N facepalms at the scene in front of her, she should have known. Ginjima sheepishly scratches the back of his head as he nervously chuckles, waving at her as she enters their room.

"...How long have they been wrestling for?"

"...20 minutes or somethin'." He mutters tiredly, sighing as he turns to watch the twins continue to wrestle over a pair of shorts.

"It's mine 'Tsumu! Stop tryna steal my clothes!"

"But I look better in it! I'm just gonna borrow it!"

"That's what you're meant to say after you've returned it first!"

Suna remains sound asleep in his bed as the twins continue fighting, yelling at each other as Y/N and Ginjima sweat drop at the spectacle.

"Why are they even fightin' over the shorts?" Y/N asks.

"Atsumu was gonna go for a jog this mornin', Osamu was gonna go with him but... I think you can guess the rest." Ginjima sighs, running a hand over his face.

Taking out her phone to check the time, Y/N shrugs. "I don't know how to tell them this but... they don't have time to go for a jog anymore."

Ginjima sighs again, opening his mouth to try telling them off, but he gets interrupted.

"What's goin' on here?"

Everyone freezes in place as Kita's voice cuts in, Y/N and Ginjima warily glance at him as they slowly back away, letting him have a clear view of the twins as they point at them. The twins sweat under his cold gaze and frantically glance at each other, robotically standing up straight after a few moments.

"Kita-san..." Atsumu starts sheepishly. "I was just returnin' 'Samu's shorts..."

Osamu nods as he avoids eye contact, not wanting to get involved.

"Is that so? Then why are you still holdin' them?"

"O-oh, right." Atsumu stutters, flinging the shorts into Osamu's face. It takes all of Osamu's will power to stop himself from strangling Atsumu right then and there, but he knows he shouldn't murder in front of Kita.

Kita pointedly looks at Osamu, his cold and judgemental gaze making him anxious.

"...Thanks 'Tsumu..." He mutters, inwardly groaning as he shoots a glare at Y/N, she smirks in amusement.

Kita turns to Y/N, instantly wiping the smirk off her face as she maintains a neutral expression. "Why isn't Suna awake yet?"

"I was gonna wake him up, but when I came in the twins were..." The twins frantically gesture for her to shut up, Atsumu shaking his head vigorously as he makes pleading motions. "...They were returnin' each other's clothes... I'm gonna wake him up now though."

"I see. Please do so quickly, we don't want to be late."

"Yes, Kita-senpai."

"And Miya Atsumu scores another service ace! Winning the game with Shiobara Tech in straight sets! Inarizaki advances to the Quarterfinals!"

"It seems like Inarizaki's one of the favourites to win this Interhigh, this is their third consecutive attendance, and they won third place at both the previous Interhigh and Spring High!"

"That's right! Not to mention, their second year Setter 'Miya Atsumu' has certainly caught many eyes, having been invited to the All-Japan Youth Training Camp last year. He is certainly in the running for the Best High School Setter Award."

"Not to mention the Best High School Server Award! He's been consistently racking up service ace after service ace! The other schools should look out for Miya Atsumu!"

"Seems like you're as popular as always." Y/N exclaims, observing his carefree smile. "You seem happy."

"Of course I am, N/N~" Atsumu chuckles, picking up his bag as they start heading out. "It's nice when your hard work starts gettin' recognition."

"Yeah that's great and all." Suna cuts in, squeezing in between the two of them as he drags his feet, slouching tiredly. "But honestly, I don't really care right now. I'm just suffering."

"And how's that any different from normal?" Osamu mutters, rolling his eyes.

"It's different because I'm already suffering, and I'm just going to keep suffering even more throughout the day." Suna groans, shoving his bags into Atsumu's arms as he sighs, glaring at the floor. "It's Day 3 Hell."

"You're so overdramatic." Y/N mutters.

"No I'm not, why don't you try playing two whole games in one day, huh?"

"That's not in my job description."

Their bickering gets cut short when they arrive at their intended destination, hearing the booming cheers.

"Shiratorizawa! Shiratorizawa!"

Atsumu skips ahead as he tries to get a better view. "Who's winnin' 'Samu? Who's winnin'? What's the score?"

"Why don't you use your eyes for once? Or do you not know how to read?" Osamu rolls his eyes as he joins him. "The scoreboard is literally right there."

The Inarizaki team observes the ongoing match in front of them, the winner will determine their opponents for Quarterfinals. From the looks of it, Shiratorizawa's going to win against Ohya Tech High in straight sets.

"Ushijima's playin' well." Atsumu observes, shrugging in disinterest as he sits down. "Am I the only one that's kinda bored every time I watch Shiratorizawa play?"

"You're not, but I suspect we have different reasons for boredom." Suna deadpans, begrudgingly taking a seat as he watches Tendou get another Block Kill.

"It's kinda just the same thing over and over when you watch 'em, y'know? Like, just Ushijima scorin' with the occasional others. It's boringggg!" He whines childishly. "Why can't they do complex plays for once? Or do some combo moves? Their players are skilled enough, they can pull it off."

"Oh? Trashy 'Tsumu acknowledgin' his opponents?" Osamu questions.

"Argh, I ain't! I said they're boring didn't I??"

"Yeah, but then you admitted that they're skilled." Suna points out.

"That probably makes it onto the very short list of 'Nicest Things Atsumu's Ever Said.'" Ginjima mutters.

"Oi, we're here to watch the match. You guys are versin' the winners y'know?" Y/N deadpans, sighing in exasperation.

"Yeah yeah, we're observin'." Atsumu waves her off. "We already know we're versin' Shiratorizawa next though."

"Well well well~ It appears that our next opponents are right in front of us~" Tendou chimes, coming closer as he observes them. "How exciting~!"

"Congratulations for winnin' the third round! We're lookin' forward to playin' ya." Coach Kurosu exclaims, smiling as he shakes Coach Washijou's hand.

"Yes, we are looking forward to it as well. It won't be like last time." Coach Washijou responds.

"Would be pretty disappointin' for ya if it was just a repeat of last time, wouldn't it?" Atsumu mocks, walking up to Shirabu who glares at him, not saying a word. "Aww why aren'tcha respondin' Kenjirou-kun?"

"Atsumu, leave Shirabu-kun alone." Y/N signs, pulling him back. "I'm so sorry 'bout him..."

"Why are we always apologisin' for 'Tsumu bein' a jerk?" Osamu mutters under his breath, glaring in distain at his brother.

"The real question is, why do we put up with him? I think we'd be partaking in environmental clean up if we got rid of him..." Suna trails off.

"Hahaha~ You're so funny Bendy Boy~" Tendou laughs, smiling down on Suna in attempts to intimidate him. "We're gonna crush you in Quarterfinals."

Suna just shrugs boredly. "We'll see."

"Rude as always." Tendou shakes his head, tut-tutting in disapproval. "Don't know why Y/N-chan puts up with you rude foxes~ You should've gone to Shiratorizawa!"

Y/N chuckles at this, rolling her eyes. "I think I'd rather not take a plane every mornin' just to get to and from school."

"We're a boarding school, Y/N-chan~ No need for transport."

"Oh boy, a school where I don't have to see the twins or my family? Where do I sign up?"

"Whoa whoa, hold it right there Gesu Mister." Suna scowls, stepping between them as he crosses his arms. "Don't go trying to steal our manager, you hear me? She's not going to Shiratorizawa, scumbag."

"Rintarou, he was just jokin-"

"If she's going to transfer anywhere, she's going to transfer to Itachiyama." He continues, pushing her away from Tendou as he maintains eye contact.

"What." Y/N deadpans, facepalming.

Inoue hides behind Kagawa as she nervously glances around at the players, fearing for her life as they continue berating each other. Kagawa just chuckles, patting her back as she smiles encouragingly. "Don't be so scared, this is just the routinely trash talk that takes place before the match."

"It's almost like trash talkin' is part of the sport now." Y/N mutters, sighing as she joins them, not wanting to be associated with the boys. "Maybe they should open up a new division, everyone that leaves the court in tears loses."

"Well, a lot of people cry when they lose so... technically that division already exists." Kagawa shrugs. "By the way, how was analysin' the matches last night? What games didja watch?"

"Just the usual, Shiratorizawa since I knew we'd most likely be versin' them today, and Mujinazaka and Itachiyama's games since they're the ones we needa look out for the most. But I'm plannin' on getting Kamomedai's recordings, I hear that they're doin' exceptionally well lately..."

"Damn, you never catch a break, d'ya?" Kagawa breathes out in exasperation. "Y'know, we could analyse them together if you wanna... I wouldn't mind helpin' you, y'know?"

Y/N smiles at this. "Thanks, I'll keep it in mind."

"Atsumu, I'd strongly advise you to take a nap right now..." Y/N mutters, eyeing him carefully as he waves her off.

"N/N, I'm fine. Just because almost everyone else is nappin', doesn't mean I needa as well."

"Atsumu... you're the only regular who isn't takin' a nap right now, I seriously think you should... Don't you wanna replenish your energy before the Shiratorizawa match?"

"I already said I'm fine." He rolls his eyes. "I ain't tired right now anyways. Plus, you're plannin' on lookin' around right? I'll go with you~"

Y/N sighs in exasperation, glancing at Osamu, Suna and Ginjima as they nap in their seats. "Argh whatever, don't say I didn't warn you."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Let's go!" He cheers, dragging her along as he looks around the stadium.

"You can stop draggin' me, y'know." She scowls, pulling her arm away as he grins at her.

"But we don't have a lot of time! I wanna look around too y'know!"

"Oh? And here I thought you just didn't want me to be lonely."

"Well... that too?"

"How convincing." She rolls her eyes, continuing down the corridor as he matches her pace. "Well then, what d'ya wanna check out? The t-shirts? Food stalls? Anyone playin' right now that you wanna watch?"

"Hmm... most of the schools I'm interested in aren't playin' at the moment, so how about we check out the volleyball merch first?" Atsumu suggests, ignoring the surrounding people that gape at them in awe as they pass by.

Y/N shrugs at this, also ignoring them. "Sure, why not."

Usually Y/N would be feeling anxious under the constant stares and judgement, but when she's with her closest friends, she feels safe.

"Found anythin' you want?"

"Nah, I'm just window shoppin' to be honest." Atsumu says, still looking around. "Nothin' I really wanna buy so yeah, what 'bout you?"

"Eh, nothin' much either. We still have time to kill so... D'ya wanna just walk around and talk?"

"Sounds borin', sure." He shrugs, leaving the t-shirt store with her.

"Y'know there's not much to do if you're not watchin' a match, you should've just stayed back and napped." Y/N scolds, rolling her eyes at his stubbornness.

"But then you'd be lonely~"

"I'm startin' to think bein' lonely is way better than bein' with you."

"Oi! Rude! I'm just makin' sure that no random dudes come to bother you-"

"Miya Atsumu." A booming voice stops them in their tracks as they turn around. Ushijima stands behind them with Semi, who waves at them casually. "I look forward to our match."

"Same." Atsumu shrugs, not really caring until Y/N jabs him in the side. "I mean I'm lookin' forward to it too!"

Y/N sighs at his rudeness before smiling at the two third years. "I know Coach said it before, but congratulations for makin' it to Quarterfinals, bein' a top 8 school's not an easy feat."

"I think you're forgetting that your team also made it to Quarterfinals." Semi laughs. "Congratulations to you too, by the way. Wakatoshi might not look like it, but he's really excited for our match."

"Of course he-"

"We're honoured." Y/N instantly cuts Atsumu off before he can say something rude. "And-"

"We don't plan on losin'." Atsumu declares, cutting her off as he smirks competitively. "So you better give it yer all."

Ushijima stares back at him. "We do not plan on losing either."

Y/N and Semi mentally facepalm at their competitiveness, sighing as they grab their arms and try dragging them away.

"I'll see you at the match, Miya, L/N." Semi calls, smiling sheepishly as he tries dragging Ushijima away.

"You too Ushijima-senpai, Semipa- Semi...senpai..." She trails off, glaring at Atsumu as he starts snickering. "Shut up, it's a tongue twister."

"Then just don't call him 'senpai', 'san' is fine y'know."

"Unlike some people, I like to be as polite as possible."

"Hmm... I wonder about that sometimes." Atsumu mutters.

"What?"

"Like, I get that you're polite and all, but sometimes I think you're too polite, y'know? It really puts distance between you and whoever you're talkin' too."

"Huh, I guess? Anyway, Itachiyama made it to Quarterfinals, they're versin' Fukurodani around the same time we're versin' Shiratorizawa." Y/N says, taking out the booklet as she points to their bracket. "They're playin' a little after us, so we can probably watch the end of their match."

"Ohh nice nice, that'd be a good game to watch. You were watchin' Itachiyama's first match last night, right?" Atsumu asks, looking at her curiously as they keep walking.

"Yeah I was, kinda sad I didn't get to watch it in person if I'm gonna be honest. Sakusa-san's serves near the end were so good..."

Atsumu scoffs at this. "My serves are better."

"You're so childish..." She mutters, rolling her eyes at him.

Just as Atsumu's about to respond, he halts in his steps as he looks around, recognising the area. Sighing as he facepalms, he turns to look at Y/N, who has the audacity to smile at him innocently.

"N/N... Why are we at the food court?"

"What?? I'm hungry!"

"And?"

"And what?"

"...What do you want from me?"

"Why d'ya assume I want somethin' from you?" She gasps dramatically as she fakes being hurt. "You think I'd take advantage of you? Just 'coz I saved you from Kita-senpai earlier today??"

Atsumu stares at her, completely unimpressed as she continues smiling innocently at him. He groans as he runs his hand through his hair, taking his wallet out reluctantly. "...I'll pay."

"Aww! Thanks Umu-chan~!"

"Shuddup. Don't call me that."

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Interhigh National Tournament
Day 3 – Third Round & Quarterfinals

Quarterfinals: Inarizaki – Shiratorizawa Match

The crowd cheers in excitement as the Inarizaki and Shiratorizawa teams enter the court, chanting for their favourite team as they wave around their fansigns.

Atsumu smirks as he looks at Shirabu and Goshiki tauntingly, making flashbacks of their previous practise match run through their minds as they scowl at him. They didn't come here to lose.

"Inarizaki and Shiratorizawa enter the court! Representing their prefectures, Hyogo and Miyagi! This is a much anticipated match for the Quarterfinals, with Inarizaki being the third seed, and Shiratorizawa being a top 8 school! I'm sure many people are looking forward to how this match will play out!"

"Indeed! On Shiratorizawa's side, they have their Ace and Captain, Ushijima Wakatoshi! Definitely a big name! He is an under 19 representative for Japan for the Youth World Championship! Certainly someone you would want to keep your eyes on! And on Inarizaki's side, they have their Ace, Ojiro Aran! With amazing power and technique, he can certainly give Ushijima a run for his money!"

"Commentators are annoyin'." Y/N mutters under her breath as they keep talking, making Osamu roll his eyes as he prepares for warmups.

"You find a lot of things annoyin', you just don't say it."

"Yeah, that's 'coz after dealing with your carbon copy, I don't think I have the right to complain 'bout anything." She sighs, dragging the volleyball cart over so they can begin their official drills.

"Understandable."

Quarterfinals: Inarizaki – Shiratorizawa Match – First Set
Inarizaki [00 – 00] Shiratorizawa

The cameras focus on the court as the fans wait in anticipation. It's finally the moment they've been waiting for.

"Alright, the match between the Hyogo Prefecture representative, Inarizaki High School, and the Miyagi Prefecture representative, Shiratorizawa Academy, is about to begin!"

The whistle blows to signal the start of the game as the crowd goes wild.

"Let's have a good game!"

"I don't really think I needa say much." Coach Kurosu says, smiling at his team. "Let's just get out there and win this game. We've beaten Shiratorizawa many times in the past, but don't let that get to your heads, our previous victories have nothin' to do with the game happenin' right now. So go out there and show them who Inarizaki is."

"Alright!"

Atsumu takes six steps from the end line as the Inarizaki band blasts their theme song, hyping up the crowd.

The referee blows his whistle as he signals for Atsumu's serve.

Slowly raising his fist in the air, Atsumu keeps his eyes trained to the ground as he silences the stadium. Everyone holds their breath in anticipation.

Taking a deep breath, Atsumu throws the volleyball into the air as he runs up for his spike serve, slamming his hand into it as it smashes between Goshiki and Shirabu.

The two Shiratorizawa members stare in shock as the ball bounces away.

Inarizaki [01 – 00] Shiratorizawa

FWEET! The crowd roars with excitement as they cheer for Inarizaki.

"Nice serve!" "ATSUMU!!!"

Atsumu smirks as he prepares for his second serve, silencing the crowd once again.

The Inarizaki and Shiratorizawa match has just begun. 

~~~~~

DUN DUN. DUN DUN DUN. SHIIIIIIRATORIZAWA! DUN DUN. DUN DUN DUN. SHIIIIIIIIRATORIZAWA!

Oh boy oh boy OuO Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa match next chapter OuO Hehehe I'm so excited~ :D Inarizaki and Shiratorizawa are actually my favourite teams XD I don't know if you could notice but yeah XD My favourite team was actually Shiratorizawa but then I started writing this fic and... welp. I guess I just love my fox boys too much now :'))

I actually haven't been feeling well for the past week :') Starting to feel the effects of burnout... which is really rare for me because I'm the kind that can work 13 hours a day on minimal sleep for extended periods of time and not feel exhausted :')) But recently I've just been burning out from overwork and neglection of health and I can feel the effects :')) I'm really trying to take care of myself better though, so don't worry about me~ =w=

(Also, this fic is not the problem XD It actually gives me a lot of joy and strength so don't feel bad about anything! I really love writing this and I'm so grateful so many of you enjoy it~ =w= I'm burntout because of the endless tasks I give myself, but ironically the only way for me to pick myself up out of burnout is to give myself even more tasks XD so welp)

Anywayyyy I was legit so happy when they finally released Sakusa's character profile! OuO He finally has a birthday omg 😭😭 He's so gorgeous, so tall, so amazing... I love him so much ;-; and the fact that his favourite food is pickled plums omg 😭 What a grandma 😭 XDD

Did I seriously sketch myself next to him the moment his character sheet was released??

Ya. Oh and Atsumu's there too I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wasn't going to draw my beauty spots or freckles, but Sakusa's got his beauty spots drawn sooo I decided to draw mine as well XD I have two beauty spots side-by-side on my left cheek just like Sakusa's forehead O3O and I've got the same two marks on my right arm O3O What does this mean?

We're soulmates obviously, it's Soulmate AU. Sorry guys, Sakusa's destined to be with me =w=

He's also born on the transition between Pisces and Aries, while I'm born on the transition between Scorpio and Sagittarius. In conclusion; we are soulmates. There's literally no other explanation.

Also, yes the heights are accurate XD I calculated XD Just be aware that they're not standing up straight, they're both slouching with their legs apart so ya. Sakusa's hips are literally at my waist, maybe even a bit higher :') I only make it up to his shoulders... He's so tall :')))

Removed Atsumu so you can see my height difference with Sakusa better because I legit can't get over it XDD

So ya! Thankyou for reading this chapter! OuO I hope you liked it~ It's more of a buildup to the next few chapters so yeah XD Please look forward to the next ones~ =w=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 192 23
Y/N Suna is twins with Rintaro. It's her first day of being a second year at Inarizaki High and she is one of the top three-setters in Japan. After b...
287K 7.4K 49
(F/N) Ginjima, the twin sister of Hitoshi Ginjima, is not like anyone else. She seems cold and distant, much like her twin. She's on the Inarizaki Hi...
432K 14.3K 49
[[COMPLETED]] (L/n) (Y/n), a third year from Aoba Johsai is also the manager for the Boys' Volleyball Club. Join her in their wacky and stupid advent...
2.1K 75 19
Suna x fem reader. "Holy shit! You're a chick?" In which Y/n had recently won her battle with cancer, but it left her body unrecognizable. When the p...