She belongs with me

De heavenlyxmoon

'I know you want this just as bad as I do,' he mumbles as his fingertips stroke against my cheek, towards my... Mais

She belongs with me
Prologue
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
on hold
47
48
49
Epilogue

4

5.8K 169 37
De heavenlyxmoon

{Caleb}

After I said goodbye to Isaac I take Olivia outside. I told him I'm sorry for leaving, but he said he understands. I didn't expect anything else from him. Isaac is one of the chillest persons I know. Besides, a few of our other friends were already on the way, so he can hang out with them.

I feel bad for Olivia. I reckon it's not easy, having a boyfriend in the hospital and parents who are constantly fighting. Especially on your birthday. Birthdays should be fun.

Olivia sighs as she looks at her phone.

'What is it?' I ask her.

'Nora wants me to throw a birthday party next week,' she explains.

'But?'

'But I don't know if I can,' she mumbles. 'It will be different without Liam.' So Liam must be her boyfriend. I have no idea who that is, but I guess I will find out someday.

'You shouldn't stop yourself from doing fun things because he's not around right now,' I tell Olivia. 'I know it sucks, not having him there, but it's your birthday.' Olivia bites her lip, taking in what I just said.

'Maybe you're right,' she says. We walk along each other as we make our way to the fair.

'How do you do that?' she asks suddenly.

'What?' I ask confused.

'Everything you say just makes sense,' Olivia tells me. 'It's weird, and kinda scary.' I laugh and shrug my shoulders.

'I'm just a very wise person,' I say and Olivia laughs.

'If I were throwing a party,' she begins. 'Would you come?'

'Yeah, sure,' I say. 'If you invited me.'

'Of course I'll invite you.' She puts her phone back in her pocket. 'And you can bring Camila as well.' I bite my lip and look away.

'I thought you didn't like her,' I mumble. I haven't told Olivia that Camila and I broke up. Maybe I should, but it's not like it's any of her business.

'Well, we're not exactly besties,' she admits. 'But she's your girlfriend.' I sigh. I should be honest with her. It's not like Camila and I will get back together.

'Actually, Camila and I broke up,' I murmur.

'Oh, shit, sorry,' Olivia says quickly. 'I didn't know.'

'It's fine,' I assure her.

'Did something happen between you?' Olivia asks after a moment of silence.

'Just the usual,' I shrug. 'She basically cheated on me, again.'

'Again?' Olivia asks confused.

'In the five months we've been together, she cheated six times on me,' I explain.

'Wow, why did you stay with her for so long?'

'Love makes you blind, I guess.' She nods, agreeing with me.

'But let's have some fun now,' I say to Olivia as I grab her arm and pull her with me to the fair.

Minutes later we're in line to go into the ferris wheel. It's already dark outside, so the view will be amazing. Olivia already has a cotton candy in her hands. That was the first thing she wanted to do: get one of those.

'What?' Olivia asks when she catches me staring at her and her cotton candy. 'I haven't had dinner, okay?' She pushes another piece in her mouth.

'We'll get you a hotdog after this,' I tell her.

When it's finally our turn I pay for the tickets and then we take a seat. Olivia is sitting across from me and when the wheel starts to move she begins to smile from excitement. Her blue eyes light up and I smile at the sight of it. I can tell why her boyfriend fell in love with her.

'You know,' Olivia says, looking at me. 'Camila is a bitch for letting you go. You deserve better than her.' I smile shortly and look over the fair. The lights are almost overwhelming. It's beautiful.

'I love the view up here,' Olivia admits. 'It's almost magical.'

'It is,' I agree.

Once we're back on the ground Olivia and I walk over to the hotdog stand. I buy two and give one to Olivia.

'Best birthday dinner ever,' Olivia says as she takes a huge bite. I laugh and shake my head. I'm sure she's had better birthday dinners. Mustard is covering Olivia's mouth when she has taken a bite. I grin and point to my own mouth.

'You have something here,' I tell her. She tries to wipe it away, but she fails.

'Is it gone?' she asks me after which I shake my head and take a step towards her.

'Let me help,' I say and I gently wipe the sauce away from the corner of her mouth. She looks me directly in the eyes and I have to use all my strength to contain myself from not staring at her ocean blue eyes. I clear my throat and take a step back again. I wipe my finger clean with a napkin and try not to look at her again. She's staring at me, I can tell. My heart is racing at this point and I don't even know why. It's no big deal.

After we've finished our hotdogs we're about to play skeeball when I hear a familiar voice.

'Caleb?' Olivia and I both look up to see Camila and her best friend standing there.

'Hey,' I greet her shortly.

'Well, you've moved on quickly,' Camila mumbles. I sigh and look at Olivia.

'I'll be right back,' I tell her and she nods before I walk over to my ex girlfriend and pull her with me.

'What is your problem?' I ask her once we're out of sight.

'My problem?' she hisses. 'We're not even done for a day and you're already dating another girl! I thought she had a boyfriend, though.'

'I'm not dating anyone,' I say. 'Olivia and I just came here as friends.'

'Yeah, right.' Camila rolls her eyes. 'And you really expect me to believe that? I saw how you looked at her.'

'I don't know what you saw,' I sigh. 'But you're wrong. I'm just trying to cheer Olivia up. It's her birthday and she didn't exactly have a nice one.' Camilas blue eyes start to water.

'Of course, you just had to play the nice guy,' she says. 'You know what? You're an asshole. At least I'm honest about what I do. You pretend to be nice, just to get in her pants. Well, good luck Caleb.' She shakes her head and walks away. I won't go after her. Why should I? This is the reason Camila and I will never work. She always assumes the worst of me.

I walk back to Olivia who's already playing skeeball.

'Hey,' she greets me as soon as she notices me. 'What happened? You look kinda upset.'

'I'm not,' I say. 'I'm just angry at Camila.'

'Do you wanna talk about it?' Olivia asks me and I shake my head.

'I don't want to think about her right now.' Olivia nods understandingly and hands me a ball. I smile and immediately throw it in the ring with 5000 points.

'You're really good at this,' Olivia compliments me.

'I know,' I say which makes her laugh. We play a few more rounds before we have enough points to get a stuffed animal.

'Here,' I say to Olivia as I hand her the large bear. 'For your birthday.' She smiles and takes it from me.

'Thank you,' she says.

'Did your parents get you something for your birthday?' I ask her as we stroll down the fair.

'Yeah, they got me a new phone,' she tells me. 'This one is kinda broken.' She holds up her phone which has a crack in the screen.

'I can see that,' I laugh.

'It's getting late,' Olivia says suddenly. 'It's already past midnight.'

'Well, time flies when you're having fun,' I say and she laughs.

'I am,' she says then. 'Thank you for bringing me here.'

'No problem,' I mumble. 'Let's go back to the pub.' She nods and we start to head back when my phone makes a sound. Sighing, I get my phone out of my pocket and see that Isaac texted me.

[12.15 AM]

Yo, I don't know where you are, but Camila is here. She doesn't seem alright. She's getting drunk at the bar with her friend.

[12.16 AM]

I'm on my way back now. I'll be there in 5 minutes.

'What is it?' Olivia asks me when I put my phone back in my pocket, clearly not amused.

'Camila is back at the pub, getting drunk,' I tell her. 'Isaac just texted me. She doesn't seem alright.'

'Maybe she's just heartbroken,' Olivia mumbles.

'She's the one who...' I start, but I can't finish that sentence. I won't let Olivia get involved in this. It is my shit, so I need to handle it myself. I don't want this whole thing to blow up. It's not okay what Camila did, not at all. But not everyone needs to know what exactly went down between us. It's fine they know that she cheated, she doesn't exactly care if people know, but she has a few other problems as well. And one of them is her drinking problem. Whenever she gets upset, she starts to drown herself in alcohol.

'It's okay,' Olivia assures me when she notices I won't speak about Camila. 'It's none of my business anyway.' I smile thankfully at her.

Once we're back at the pub Olivia stops me before I get the chance to go in.

'I'm going home now,' she says. 'Thank you for tonight. Because of you my birthday wasn't completely ruined.'

'I'm glad you had fun.'

'Oh, before I forget,' Olivia says. 'Can I get your number? Otherwise it would be hard to invite you to my party.' I nod and hand her my phone and she hands me hers. We quickly exchange numbers.

'Text me when you get home,' I say to her as I give her her phone back. 'There are a lot of freaks outside at this time.'

'I will,' she promises me. She gives me a quick hug. 'I'll see you around, I guess.' With those words she walks away from me, carrying the huge bear in her arms. It looks adorable really. I look at her until she's safe in her car. You never know which creep she comes across.

I sigh and bite my lip before I head inside, ready to confront whatever it happening in there.

(So what do you think of this book so far?)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

10.4K 144 44
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...
2.1M 83.5K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
Lethal Lust De Kit

Ficção Geral

241K 9.6K 40
[COMPLETED] Elijah and Jess had been unbreakable since high school, so it comes as no surprise to anyone when the young couple decides to tie-the-kno...