BNHA | Behind The Mask

By bugsy878710

Y/n just wanted to have a fun exciting life. Will she find what she's always wanted? Or will she find what sh... More

1 | So You Had A Bad Day-
3 | There's Green In The Waters
4 | Maniac On The Loose!
5 | Spread The News Will Ya?
6 | So This Is U.A?
7 | So.......Like A Mechanic?
8 | Battle Training!
9 | Boom
10 | Rush Hour
11 | Starting Line
12 | The First Villain Attack
13 | Bye Bye Mr. BadGuy!
Bye Bye Mr. BadGuy!
Bed Rest
The Book
Competition, That's A Whole 'Nother Subject-
Depends, Will I go Splat! or Boom?
Saving The Damsel In Distress!
Prepare for Battle!
Let The Games Begin!
May The Odds Be Forever In Your Favor!
๐Ÿ’–THANK YOU FOR THE 200!๐Ÿ’–
Can You Even Keep Up With Me?
I Want Your Team!
Sure, Let's Go With That-
Lunch Brawl !
Why Don't You Cheer For Me?
A Lion's Pride
๐Ÿ’–Thanks For The 400! ๐Ÿ’–
Shake What Mama Gave Ya!
Keep The Ball Rolling!
A/n:
Purple + Green = Disaster
Thank you for ๐Ÿ’–600๐Ÿ’–
~Love interests for now~
Wtf is this?!
SHOCKING NEWS!
Close to you
Please don't panic!
Thank you for the 1k!๐Ÿ’•
Chapter 12 update!
Chapter 13 update!

2 | It's Pizza Time

5.3K 203 104
By bugsy878710

Y/n was a great Auntie. A lot younger than the initial mental image one gets when someone mentions their Aunt but sometimes that's a good thing.

If someone were to ask if there was anyone in the world Steven was closest to she'd be his response without hesitation.

He didn't have a dad but he had Y/n to help him through things that a dad should do. Like fighting off the monsters lurking under the bed, in the closet, and those too dark corners Steven dares not go in alone.

Let's see that Cucuy try and get him now.

He had a Mom. A mom who stay with him until he was two, leaving little Steven to join the police academy. She came back not too long ago but she's always busy so it really felt no different than when him and Y/n would face time her when she was free during her time away.

Grandma was going to a night school so she often sleeps during the day like a vampire hiding from the sun.

Suspicious.

Steven has yet to prove his theory.

Grandpa works at a junkyard. He buys and sells junk. Sometimes he gets to use his quirk and melt junk with his lava hands.

As for himself, Steven has just completed his first day of school yesterday. The grumpy teacher had them writing their names over and over again.

Everyone was busy now and that left Y/n to fill in their roles.

Steven was seated at the table eating a sandwich his Aunt made for him. She was buzzingly moving about the house gathering things the others need for the day then back into the kitchen to make everyone's lunches.

"N/n?"

Y/n hummed in response.

"What are you thinking about?" Steven's feet kicked the air lightly.

For a second she paused. It almost felt like he knew her mind was preoccupied with things completely unrelated to what she was currently doing. "Lots of things," She answered honestly. Y/n glanced at him. "What are you thinking about?" She repeated his question.

"Burritos." He answered without thinking.

"Burritos?" Y/n smiled confused as an airy laugh slip out.

"Burritos!" He repeated with laugh of his own. Smiling sure was contagious.

"We can make Burritos for dinner then." She promised. Y/n moved to the refrigerator to take out the meat they needed for dinner. Surly it will defrost by the time they come back.

~*~

Classes was just plain useless today. Considering everything was just review of last year.

Speaking of school, that conversation she overheard last night replayed itself in her head. Fact was she needed a job and bad. Y/n bought a newspaper to start her search. Even if she did get a job during her last year of junior high how can she expect to make enough money for a school like MIT?

Maybe if she busted her ass hard enough she'd be able to pay for the books. She scoffed at the thought.

'How more useless can you get? Books. Really? That all you can do?' Y/n scolded at herself. She opened the newspaper as she walked despite knowing it was risky since she would be blocking her vision but then again there was no one walking towards her.

Using a newspaper to find a job was a bit old fashion. Everyone knows you can look for jobs online now but y/n would much rather look in a newspaper where people can date back to rather than a website someone can potentially take down because it was a trap to lure a victim in.

'Maybe that's crossing a line but it's like dad said, as stupid as it sounds, I'd be rendered helpless if someone with a quirk attacked me.'

"The life of the quirkless." She bitterly commented aloud. "How ridiculous."

Another walker, who was too deep in thought snapped out of it after hearing that. It took the Greenette boy a second to realize that the voice wasn't in his head but of the very person he just bumped shoulders with unintentionally harsh. The realization came to him even faster after he saw the annoyed look she nursed on her face.

Grown used to similar reactions for much less he cowered back then started bowing in panic. "Ah! Sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't see where I was going! Andand-!"

Y/n fixed her now crunched newspaper. She can't exactly blame him for bumping into her when she wasn't paying that much attention either. She signed before giving him a once over. 'What a nervous wreak. You'd think he just bumped into a high class hero.'

"Yeah, yeah." She managed to agree with him without it sounding sarcastic. "It's fine, alright? I was caught up in something too so it's really no bother. Just look where you're going next time."

His face got even redder. Poor boy barely processing he's talking to a girl. No more words were able to leave his mouth after the realization.

"Okay then," Y/n folded her newspaper and placed it underneath her arm. "Have a good day?"

Y/n checked in with her parents to let them know she's going to be out a little longer than usual. Getting a job was a lot harder than she thought it would be. No one wanted a 14 year old without experience.

Then again, how the hell was she supposed to have experience if no one would give her the chance to gain it?

Y/n went through loads of options, as much as she could in a day, at least anyone that would take an instant interview without preparation. One of the last places time would permit her to go to was the pizza joint, a well known hang out spot for teenagers who lived in this area.

The door ringed it's little bell as she pushed it open. Y/n was hardly noticeable with the usual packed crowd the pizzeria had.

A guy was behind the counter was pissed to hear that sound. More people ordering. More people complaining. He brefiely looked up for the next costumer. A cute girl. "Welcome to Point Palace Pizza how can we-"

A cute girl? He immediately took a double take. "-help you?"

"I'm not here to order anything," Y/n clarified before moving on. She held up the fold newspaper and pointed to the ad. "I wanted to ask about the hiring?"

"You wanna work here? Like here here?" The cashier asked just to be sure. A job at a place like this wouldn't be uncommon for a teen to look for work but surly there were better places. Not that he would complain about having her as his co-worker.

"Boss!" He called out barely looking back. "This one's here for the ad!"

An older man came out from the back with an apron covered in flour and sauce. He didn't say anything at first. Just stared at her for a while making y/n look around uncomfortably.

"Waitress." His voice brought her attention back.

"What?"

"I don't know you so I can't trust you to be back here or the kitchen. As a waitress the people get to decide whether you stay or not." The boss justified.

"Okay? No yeah, that's understandable."

"Are you a student?"

"Yes, middle school- er- Junior high, 3rd year." Y/n straightened her posture, her voice wavering. "Assuming you're giving me the position. How soon will you let me start?"

"Now."

"Now?" Of course Y/n had thought a bit ahead when she'd finally get a job like planning out how she was going to manage everything. Starting right after she got a 'yes' was completely unexpected. And to start today?

The boss groaned at her response. "You wanted the job didn't you?"

"Well, yes-"

"We're understaffed right now so just go back there, find a uniform shirt that fits and start waitin'." He pointed towards the 'employee's only' door. "If you don't want the position get lost! We've wasted a lot of time and there are hungry customers out there waitin' for their meal."

Y/n bowed her head lightly and went straight to the door to change. The remaining of the day went surprisingly smoothly. She took the orders of those who were planing to stay and eat in and attended to the needs of the people who were in her 'area' to serve. Her cheeks were sore of all the forced smiles she had to give in order to bring a friendly face and an even more appealing tip.

Break. A 30 minute break to eat or do whatever needs to be done.

So she ran.

She ran as fast as her legs could take her. Not without gaining on going looks from those she passed. She was lucky a hero didn't stop her thinking she was in danger.

How messed up would it be if that scenario was true?

Y/n got home out of breath and dizzy. She stumbled into the kitchen before immediately starting to prep and cook the burritos she promised.

19 minutes.

Her heart kept pounding. It was practically in her throat as the time slipped away from her. "Fuckfuckfuck."

The knife cut through everything in a smooth rapid pace. The meat cooking already on the stove.

"Y/n?" Her father's voice made her jump, the knife slipped barely missing her finger.

"Shit!" She cursed. Her hands started to shake.

18 minutes.

His concered quickly turned stern. "Hey! Watch your mouth!"

"Sorry." She breathed out. Y/n moved on to the tortillas, heating the Comal first.

"What's going on with you? You don't stay out this late." Her dad watched her.

"Friends."

"What friends?" He questioned quickly. "Not once have you brought someone into this house, not since Michael at least. Granted you were 5 at the time. Do you know how concerning it is when your 5 year old brings a teenager home? We thought you ran away again like you do every time you-" He took a deeper breath. "You just leave sometimes and we worry- it's my job to worry."

Y/n glanced at him irritated. Going back and forth from setting the table to fixing the everything in burritos.

14 minutes.

"I got a job." She admits, shrugging it off like if it was no big deal.

"A job?" Her father was taken aback. "And who said you can get a job?"

"You, mom. You say it all the time." Another deep breath as she started to place any food that was ready onto the table.

"What? No we don't. When have we ever-"

"All the time dad. You guys say it all the time. Maybe not directly but you guys always say it." Her words shakes more. Will she be able to run back to work on time? "You know when I was your age I was workin'. That's how you both start off."

"Look if you wanted to work you could've just work with me at the yard."

"Too late, landed a job today." Y/n clapped her hands and went for her key. "I'm going to be late if I don't leave right now so you guys have to set the drinks."

"What? Y/n!" Her father tried to call out to her.

8 minutes.

"Don't wait up!" She slammed the door behind her and went out in another sprint.

"Thank you for choosing Point Palace Pizza today! Please come again soon!" Y/n waved with yet another smile. She was late. A couple of minutes late but it was forgiven after her Boss saw the state she was in. Said he'd let it slide this once. So she went back to work as a waitress.

"Kid!" The Boss popped out from the kitchen.

"L/n." She corrected.

"I need you on delivery!" He moved from view as soon as the order left his mouth. She moved quickly to the back to find him. "Over here!" Boss called from a door leading to the back of the building's alleyway where a dumpster and a very old scooter bike were claiming home. "We need a delivery guy."

"Delivery? What do you mean delivery? I'm a waitress, that was the job wasn't it?"

Yeah, Y/n's boss did not care the slightest bit.

"Get there on time. It's a 30 min guarantee but the money comes first or no pizza, you can keep the tips," He listed his rules for her task.

"Unfortunately there have been some occasions where some wise ass tries to sweet talk into getting a free pizza or a discount price- don't. I don't give two shits who the pizza is for, at the end of the day we're trying to get paid and they're trying to eat."

Y/n swears to this. Out of nowhere he pulls out a black hat with the joint's name in a fancy type and it's logo- a gold crown.

He throws in onto her head tugging it down to make sure it was on. Y/n's hands went up to adjust it as the boss left and came back with a few pizza boxes."The address is on the box."

For the rest of the evening Y/n made deliveries. Sure the orders were going well for the costumers but for Y/n? She couldn't catch her breath. Not only did she have to find new routes to get to their location on time but she had deal with some pretty weird people.

But all of them couldn't compare to the next and last delivery of the day.

A hero's agency.

Admittedly, that wasn't what had bothered Y/n, oh no, it was ordering 30 pizzas that did.

30 fresh out of the oven hot pizzas.

20 pizzas were able to fit in the scooter's pizza holder, the others Y/n had to balance on her lap in their own portable pizza bag.

At least the portable one had come with a strap. Otherwise she wouldn't be able to carry all of them at once.

Then there was the door. It was a pull door on the side she was on. She already couldn't see that well over the boxes. How was she going to reach? Y/n tried holding them all with one hand but as soon as she tried to get to the handle the pizzas started sliding.

"Nononono!" The pizza went upright and steady with the help of someone else's hand, confusing the pizza girl.

"Woah, that could have been a disaster!" The man laughed.

A small confused "Yeah," was all Y/n could manage. His voice was smooth, his honey eyes were easy, but the smug smile he gave, however alluring it was, was barely enough to put some of her pride back.

Noticing the change the pro hero, Hawks, raised his brows. "You obviously have your hands full. Let me help."

"Wait! You can't just-!" Any protest she tried to get out didn't go through. Hawks smiled brighter as he took a couple of pizza boxes himself before opening the door waiting for Y/n to walk in first.

"Aw c'mon, I'm the Pro here remember? It's kinda in the job description to help." Hawks just watches her amused as she seemed to be internally arguing with herself but decided to hurry up and deliver the order.

"Right.....Thanks?"

"Mmhm!" Hawks hummed, wanting to laugh at her hesitation.

The receptionist watched everything unfold through the glass doors. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to see a Pro Hero as successful and attractive as Hawks everyday and get nothing but a few seconds of his attention? Normally it wouldn't have been that big of deal because he does that with almost everyone so most assume he just has a small attention span.

Yet this girl, some random pizza girl managed to keep his eyes on her even when she isn't looking at him?

Maybe it's because there's almost no one else around.

"Hawks! Welcome back! You're just in time! Everyone is waiting to celebrate how far you've come!" The receptionist smiled gleefully at the hero, who only gave her a glance.

"Oh? Is that what's all this pizza's for?" Hawks sped up his walking to be side by side with the delivery girl.

A small polite smile but she kept looking forward. "I suppose, I just deliver sir."

"Sir?" He repeated with a laugh. "No need for formalities! Just Hawks is fine!"

"Please," Interrupted the reception once they both got to the desk. The money was at the ready. The faster the delivery is made the faster she'll leave, right? "I think it's respectful that someone....." She looked her over. "Like this young lady knows to respect her superiors."

Y/n puts down the pizzas and took the money. She stayed for a few seconds more and started counting the money slowly.

"Huh," The lady scoffed. "You don't trust I can count?"

Hawks set down the set of boxes and leaned on the desk, eyes following Y/n's movement. Clearly amused by how stubborn the girl presented herself.

"I don't trust anyone." Genuinely smiling Y/n place the money carefully in a side pouch the portable carrier had.

"Is that so?" Hawks mussed.

"Yes."

"So are all the delivery people this cute or is it just you?" Hawks asked casually, tilting his head to her to better view her smile. 'How cute.'

Y/n ignored him and went for the exit. "Thank you for choosing Point Palace Pizza. We reeeally hope you come back for more."

To the receptionist's displeasure, she watched her own Boss radiate in pure determination. The kind she sees him get when he's told he can't have something. The kind of look when he found something interesting. Finally Hawks turned to her, smiling in her direction. "Y'know, I think we should order pizza more often."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 45.4K 199
Started: September 14th, 2020 Ended: June 5th, 2021 These are just for fun, and I try to update every day! Mostly female/gender neutral reader Most o...
48.4K 1.9K 21
.ใƒปใ€‚.ใƒปใ‚œโœญใƒป.ใƒปโœซใƒปใ‚œใƒปใ€‚. โ›โ› ๐˜๐Ž๐”'๐‘๐„ ๐’๐”๐‚๐‡ ๐€ ๐’๐“๐‘๐€๐๐†๐„ ๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹.. โœโœ .ใƒปใ€‚.ใƒปใ‚œโœญใƒป.ใƒปโœซใƒปใ‚œใƒปใ€‚. : อ€ฬ—โž› ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ แด€ แด˜แด€ษชษดา“แดœสŸสŸส แดส™สŸษชแด ษชแดแดœs แด›แด‡แด‡ษด แด…แดแด‡sษด'แด› ส€แด‡แด€สŸษชแดขแด‡ สœ...
39.5K 1.4K 36
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ ๐——๐—ข ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ ๐—ช๐—”๐—ก๐—ง ๐—ง๐—ข ๐——๐—œ๐—˜? โž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“ โœฒ๏พŸ*๏ฝกโ‹† โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ‹†โœฉ*เณƒ:. ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ [y/n] is just trying to become a hero - not a dead meat. h...
98.6K 1.9K 6
[ ๐—ฉ๐—”๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฆ! ๐— ๐—ฌ ๐—›๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ข ๐—”๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐— ๐—œ๐—” ๐—ซ ๐—™๐—˜๐— ! ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฅ , ๐š’๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ, ๐šŒ๐š‘๐š˜๐š˜๐šœ๐šŽ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐šœ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐šข ] โ...