Keep The Ball Rolling!

"The goal is simple! Get the ball to its center as fast as you can! But there's a catch!" Midnight paced around on her little stage as she stared her students down. "You're allowed to take out your opponents by popping their ball but if you go over maze's walls, you'll be disqualified!"

"So really it's about the last one standing if they're putting it like that, pop them all- you win. Go to the center- you win." Y/n concluded under her breath as she glance at the other contestants. If Bakugo explained what had happened in the games properly she wouldn't have to take a guess as to who they should take out first. 'But noooo, he decided it was better to take my time and brag about himself and how "stupid" I was acting.' Since Y/n decided to use only use gravity's quirk they don't really have any weapons. 'We'll have to make do with what we have, won't we?'

"WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY! GETTING ROLLING!"

All students complied, getting behind their never mentioned to be a bit heavy ball, rolling it into their own little entrance in the maze because it just wouldn't have made sense if they all entered the same pathway.

While Uraraka pushed from behind, y/n helped roll it from the side closer to the front. They didn't want to risk anyone popping their ball blindly. Uraraka looked around her nervously, mostly seeing the concrete walls before trying to make small talk. "It's kind of weird isn't it?"

"What is?"

"Us? Wearing cheerleading outfits? I still can't believe Kaminari and mineta manged to trick Momo of all people." It was a sad attempt on Uraraka's part to get a conversation started but she had to get the ball rolling somehow.

Y/n's eyes widen. She gave her a small nervous laugh with a smile along with it. "Yeeeeeah, we should get them back for that huh?"

'At this point if the girls do decide to do something about those two the best I can do is warn them in advance. I have no doubt they'd rat me out to save their own butts.....right?'

"or, you know. Maybe we can let them have this? This one time? I-I did have lots of fun?"

"Huh? Um, I'm still feeling iffy about letting them off but it was fun. You really surprised us with the real cheerleaders! Do you know them?"

Y/n saw some rocks left behind for cementos's quirk usage and started picking up as many as she can. With no pockets, she had to keep them in a closed fist while helping roll the ball forward with her other hand. "Oh, uh, yeah. I met them during a delivery... last night? Last night! Before the whole thing and uh," Usually, y/n was somewhat good at lying but lately it's been off, like with Midoriya. She was 10% sure it could have been the puppy look they both seem to have in their eyes. One lie and they'll whimper.

It could also be the fact that she's grown so attached to her puppy she's starting to project him onto others while he's not around. It's anyone's guess really.

"Dance show?" Uraraka suggests between giggles to which y/n added her own to blend in with her act. "Yeah! Oh man, was I bad?"

"You were amazing y/n-chan!"

Y/n accepted the undeserved praise. If her guilt wasn't in the way, she was sure all the attention could have built up her ego pretty high. They stopped in their tracks for a second after hearing pops in the distance, signaling the balls of other team going down one by one. It wasn't until they heard the noises getting closer that the girls went into a panic and picked up the pace.

BOING!

They were slammed into the closet wall after having reached a crossroad's opening. Y/n forced herself back on her feet about to return the attack, that was until she realized they didn't finish the job and ran off to what she could assume was the way to the center.