His Queen

By Alice_Wonderland36

The Kingdom of Asgard was in desperate need of a true leader. The former king let jealousy blind his judgment... More

His Queen
Prologue {part. 1}
Prologue {part.2}
Prologue {part. 3}
Land of Vinum {part.1}
Land of Vinum {part.2}
Home {part.1}
Home {part.2}
Training {part.1}
Training {part.2}
Raiders {part.1}
Raiders {part.2}
Raiders {part.3}
Conference {part.1}
Conference {part.2}
The Letter {part.1}
The Letter {part.2}
Preparation
Safe Travels {part.1}
Safe Travels {part.2}
Arrival {part.1}
Arrival {part.2}
The Ball {part.1}
The Ball {part.2}
The Ball {part.3}
Untold Secrets
The Meeting (unedited)
The Meeting {part 2}
Healing {part. 1-unedited}
Healing {part. 2-unedited}
Healing {part. 3-unedited}
Research
Practice {part. 1-unedited}
Not an Update
Practice {part.2-unedited}
Flower Fields {unedited}
Fiona
The Argument
The Argument {part.2-unedited}
Departure {part. 1-unedited}
Departure {part.2-unedited}
Bad News {unedited}
Captured {part 1-unedited}
Back Home {part.1-unedited}
Back Home {part. 2}
Back Home {part.3}
The Search
The Deal {unedited}
The Deal {part.2-unedited}
The Deal {part.3-unedited}
The Return {part.1-unedited}
The Return {part.2-unedited}
The Return {part.3-unedited}
The Promise {unedited}
Resolution {part.1-unedited}
Resolution {part.2-unedited}
Realization
The Battle
Recovery
Epilogue
End

Practice {part. 3-unedited}

2.7K 238 26
By Alice_Wonderland36

  "Would you like to tell me why you were crying?," Darius asked.

  "I'm not necessarily compelled to do so," I retorted. I quickly wiped away the rest of my tears and stepped back. "And so help me if you tell others that I have shed tears, I will lie and then send you to an early grave so you can't defend yourself," I said.

  He laughed one of those full belly laughs and nodded. "I won't tell a soul... your secret is safe with me," he promised.

  "Good...now we can get started," I said.

  In all honesty, I was dreading this specific lesson. Too many things could go wrong.

  "You never told me what my ability was," he said.

  "Oh—I didn't?," I asked. I know I didn't, I purposely didn't.

  "No...so I must ask, what is it?," he asked.

  "What is what?," I said faking cluelessness.

   He gave me a long hard look, which I returned with an innocent smile. "What are my abilities?," he asked slowly.

  "You possess an extremely rare and an extremely dangerous ability. You would go by many different names in Asgard, but the most commonly used is a Cupid. A descendant of one of Lady Diligitis; to be more specific, you're a descendant of her son. Her son has the abilities of lust and desire. And likewise your abilities mirror his. You have the ability to cause lust and desire within any individual you'd like," I explained.

"I thought you said that that type of magic was forbidden," he interrupted.

  "This is where things get both difficult and confusing. With your abilities, you're not falsifying feelings, you're creating new ones that are very much real. The spells your mother casted creates artificial feelings that can pass, your magic creates permanent feelings. The only people in Asgard that have your degree of abilities is both the Lord and Lady Diligitis. They would be better suited to teach you how to use your powers, but alas they are not here," I said.

  "So I can create emotions? How is that any different from Peter and Taylor's powers? They can both create emotions if I'm not mistaken," he asked.

  "This is the tricky part that I mentioned. Peter and Taylor influence emotions that already exist; by using the surrounding environment and other factors, they enhance existing feelings. You're entirely different, you're creating something that doesn't exist. We've had issues with Cupid's in the past, where they had to be detained, but generally speaking they are a peaceful bunch," I said.

  "Isn't that the same thing as Caspian's ability?," he asked.

  "Not exactly, with Caspian he can only incite desire and lust. You can create love, lust, and desire; which is significantly more powerful. Lust and desire can be temporary, but the love that you can create...it's forever," I explained.

He nodded his head in understanding and then spoke again. "Just curious...I can make someone desire me?," he asked.

  I gave him a pointed look, already knowing that this might not end well if he goes power crazy. "Yes, but you can also create desire between two people other than yourself," I said.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's get started," he exclaimed.

  "Just a moment...give me your hands," I requested.

  "Why?," he asked.

  "Oh for goodness sake," I sighed.

  I grabbed both of his hands without even thinking. The feeling was instant; it spread from the tips of my toes to the top of my head. The hairs on the back of my neck and arms raised in attention. A warm feeling swirled in the pits of my stomach and I didn't know whether to squirm or throw up. I looked at Darius with wide eyes and noticed things about him that weren't apparent before.

  Blue eyes that looked as though they were searching the very depths of my being. Long standing nose, that was slightly crooked towards the end. Light pink lips, that were flushed; whether from our touch or because it was cold, I could not tell. His hair was down today; brown and wavy all I wanted to do was run my fingers through them.

  On their own accord, my hands went to his cheeks and gently ran my thumb against it. I was met with the hairs of his beard, perfectly trimmed and aligned. My other hand still held his firmly.

  I knew that this wasn't magic...he didn't have the ability to manipulate me in that way. This feeling was entirely different; a bond that was designed before we even thoughts in our mothers head.

  His own hand moved to my cheek and caressed it, it was like a fire that ran through my body. I felt physically weak and there was nothing I could do about it.

  I gave him a small smile, which he gladly returned and then I spoke up.

  "When were you going to tell me that we were mates?," I asked.

  He visibly cringed and closed his eyes for a second. In that second, I found that I missed his gaze entirely too much. I stroked his cheek again, beckoning him to open those beautiful eyes of his.

  "I didn't want to alarm you," he said.

  His voice felt different as well; the bass-baritone resonated in the pits of my stomach, and rippled throughout the rest of my body. It was strange, I found that I was more aware about the affects he had on my body. And I'm assuming he was too, because a sly little grin grew on his face. And I found that when he looked at me that way, I no longer felt as bold as I normally was. I felt shy...bashful even.

  "When did you figure it out?," he asked.

  "I suspected something was up when you took me to the labyrinth. My thoughts were confirmed when you told me what a mate was, and all your brothers looked at you. You guys are painfully obvious," I mused.

  "So....what now?," he asked.

  I let go of his hands then and separated myself from him, I immediately wanted to go back to our original positions. But I couldn't think with him standing so close.

  "We act as we were until all of this blows over," I said gesturing to the air. "We still don't know who sent the attack, and if they know things about Asgard then we can only assume they know things about Afisa too. If they are aware of what happens when a mate dies, then already we are at a disadvantage. For the moment I need you to curtail your immense feelings and emotions for me," I joked.

  He pouted a little, not at all liking the idea; it was almost cute...the way he looked. But I shut that down quickly; if I wanted the both of us to be safe and continue this relationship, we'd need to act like nothings changed.

  "Anyway...we need to move on to our lesson. Give me your hands again, and no funny business," I warned.

  He raised his hands in mock surrender and sauntered over to me. He took both of my hands and looked into my eyes. There were those butterflies again creeping into my stomach, and he knew what he was doing. I let go of his hand and pulled a strand of his hair.

  "What did I just say?," I asked.

  "Okay—okay...I'm sorry," he said.

  We reconnected our hands and I told him to close his eyes. His mana emitted from his chest and I was surprised at the color. It was an extremely dark in hue, red even; if I were to compare it to something it would be akin to red wine. It's just my luck, the rarest ability in the House of Diligitis and he is the strongest. I curse Fiona's genes.

  "You are officially the strongest brother...how does it feel?," I asked.

  "Like every other day," he said nonchalantly. That cocky bastard.

  "We're gonna start off simple; you have the ability to create emotions within a person. More specifically love, desire, lust, and everything else of the denomination. So you're gonna practice on me...most magic doesn't work on royals. But since you are of such high pedigree, you might have a fighting chance," I said.

  "How do I do that?," he asked.

  "Nuh—uh, someone of your caliber shouldn't need my instructions. Figure it out, it'll be like breathing for you," I said smugly.

  I sat in front of him and waited for him to do something. I was fairly confident that he wouldn't be able to accomplish the task I've given him. It was more so for my benefit than his. I was just about to tell him that we can call it a day when I felt it.

  It was a simple warmth that nestled in the core of my feminine regions. I shifted ever so slightly into a more comfortable position. What started off as a small warmth, turned into what felt like heat emitted from a warm fire. A vibrating feeling rippled from the center of my core. I looked surprised at a smirking Darius, but he didn't stop his torment there.

  A chill ran up the base of my spine that ignited a heightened sense of pleasure within me. His smirk was now a full blown smile and I knew that it would only get worse. A strong feeling of desire ruptured within me and all I wanted to do was touch him. And have him touch me. I felt myself begin to sweat as I attempted assuage the feeling of want. Next thing I knew, I felt my hand reach out to him. But I wasn't going to let him win.

  I immediately reached for his hair and pulled hard. The feeling ceased and he was on his back laughing up a storm. I got up in a huff and walked to the bucket of water I kept from Hayden's lesson. I picked it and dumped it on the still laughing Darius. He instantly shot up from the ground in surprise, it was my turn to laugh uncontrollably.

  I didn't even notice when he reached for me until I felt him snatch me from my waist and pull me into his chest. My laughing ceased and all I could focus on was how much I wanted to kiss him. He must have understood the change in the atmosphere as well because I saw that he leaned forward. And oddly enough I found myself doing the same.

  Our lips brushed ever so slightly, but in that moment of contact I felt it. Electricity, that zapped it's way to every part of my body until all of my senses were awakened.

  We probably would have deepened the kiss had it not been for the knock on the door. The two of us separated and invited whoever was on the other side in. It was Finley here to announce that dinner had been served.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 1K 25
~Completed~ ~Editing~ "You will be here competing for The Prince's heart. You will have no other relationship and you will not deny him anything. Y...
Destiny By _marlaena_

Historical Fiction

503K 25.8K 41
Alaethia has spent a lifetime of luxury under her father's rule of the Persian Empire. When the city walls of her home are torn down by enemy clans s...
173K 4.6K 28
Aniya is just your average girl just trying to raise her son. She works as a stripper at a club named Diamond Dolls. What happens when a group of dev...