Lost In Our Memories (Dramion...

By CristinaMiru1

After the Battle of Hogwarts Draco Malfoy left England. He's been traveling the world in order to gain field... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 16

2.1K 71 92
By CristinaMiru1

After the scene at the hospital, it seemed as though the ice broke between Hermione and Draco. They started calling each other by their first names and kept meeting frequently. Hermione soon started to see different sides of Draco Malfoy and she was beginning to enjoy his company very much.

They ate dinner together almost every other day, they would sit on the terrace and read or take long walks in the park. Crookshanks also adopted him as one of his family, purring and meowing whenever he would see Draco.

Even though Hermione could not remember how Draco used to be in school, she realized that it didn't matter so much to her because she liked him very much now. He was smart, caring and considerate and made her feel safe. She also found his curiosity very amusing.

That evening they were at Hermione's flat, just finishing a very delicious dinner. Draco helped her clean up, as two wands were always better than one. They then retreated on the couch, each on either side of Crookshanks who was curled up in his favorite spot. After petting the cat for a minute, Draco looked up and noticed the TV. He frowned at it, suddenly remembering that time when he saw Hermione crying while looking at it.

"Hermione, I've been meaning to ask you something." He said walking up and stopping in front of the TV.

"Hm, about what?" Hermione's voice came from the kitchen. She was making tea and wasn't paying too much attention to him.

"What is this bloody thing?" Draco said, probing the TV screen with his wand, looking at it apprehensively. "And what does it do? That day when I came bursting in here, you were crying your eyes out while watching this thing making lights and sounds. It also had moving pictures on it." He said, looking around the TV, trying to figure out how it worked.

"Oh that?" Hermione giggled, finally paying attention to Draco. She brought the tea into the sitting room and placed the mugs on the table. "That is a TV. You watch movies on it."

"Movies? What the heck is that?" Draco asked with a frown. He didn't like not knowing stuff and this muggle contraption was making him feel frustrated.

"Here, let me show you." Hermione chuckled. Seeing him look so frustrated because of muggle stuff somehow made her like him even more. "Look, you press this button here" she was showing him the remote, pressing the red button that turned the TV on. "and you just watch the screen." She finished, gesturing towards the big TV screen. Draco jumped at the sudden light and noises.

They spent a while, browsing the channels until Hermione changed it to the drama she and Ginny were watching. After a few minutes into the story, Draco let out a loud snort.

"What a stupid bloke! Why is he leaving like that for? He should have clung onto her, ask her to stay with him and protect her by staying by her side." Draco finished with a huff, crossing his arms in frustration.

Hermione let out a laugh, earning a frown from Draco who evidently thought she was laughing at him.

"Ginny said the same thing." She explained quickly, seeing his expression. That made him relax a bit and instead smiled at her amused look.

Suddenly, a thought entered his mind and made his smile falter.

You shouldn't be the one to say that, Draco Malfoy. You, who have done that and even worse to her. You shouldn't have the right to criticize. The voice in his head said bitterly.

Luckily, Hermione's attention had turned to something else and therefore she didn't notice his grim expression. Two owls had just stopped on the windowsill and were hooting softly. Hermione hurried to take the letter off the leg of her dark grey owl, while Draco came behind her and picked up the letter his chocolate colored owl was holding. They both stood there for a moment, reading their letters in silence. Suddenly, Hermione let out a soft gasp, making Draco's head snap up.

"What's wrong?" he asked quickly. "Who is it from?"

"It's from Harry." Hermione said, looking up at him. "He says the Ministry will hold a ball in order to celebrate the end of the Second Wizarding War. It will be hosted at Hogwarts next week."

Draco let a groan escape his lips.

Bloody hell! It has to be Hogwarts, of all places! He thought furiously, brushing his free hand through his hair.

"Are you alright?" Hermione asked, taken aback by his reaction. "Who is your letter from?" she asked, thinking it might have to do with the piece of parchment he had clutched in his hand.

"No one." He said hastily, trying to give her a small smile. "Everything is alright." And with that he wrapped the letter and placed it securely in his pocket.

He didn't know that Hermione managed to see the small emblem on the envelope. It was the Azkaban prison emblem. She decided not to press the matter further, thinking he would talk about it when he felt ready. That didn't stop the small tremor she felt when she thought about who might be writing to him from that horrible place. Hermione felt his hand on her shoulder and flinched slightly. He had been talking to her, but she was too absorbed in her thoughts to hear him.

"Hm, what did you say?" she asked blinking up at him.

"I was saying" he said slightly frustrated that she hadn't heard him the first time. "If you would like to go to the celebration ball with me next week?" he said, managing to smile.

"Oh, I would love to." She said, looking at him excitedly. "I'll write to Harry immediately and tell him we're going."

And with that she ran to her room, leaving Draco alone with Crookshanks.

***

The day of the ball came sooner than anyone expected. Draco felt very nervous as he put on a dark green suit, with a white shirt and green tie. His hair was styled but without being sleeked back. Because he was feeling anxious he kept pacing around the common room, mumbling stuff from time to time. Eventually Blaise got fed up with Draco's agitation and threw him out of the apartment, charming the door so he wouldn't be able to enter again.

Thus, Draco went to Hermione's place to pick her up a bit too early and had to wait for half an hour before she was finally ready. When she got out of her room, Draco felt the air leaving his lungs. She looked so beautiful in her off-the-shoulder red dress, the fabric hugging her body without revealing too much of her curves. She wore high heels and had managed to tame her hair into soft curls that framed her face naturally.

Hermione looked at him, positively radiating and he felt his throat tightening, his mouth and lips dry. He couldn't utter a word but hoped his expression would convey his feelings. His grey eyes looked like molten steel, hot and full of passion, as they took in her beauty. Even though he hadn't said a word, Hermione felt herself blush crimson under his steady gaze.

It was when she got closer to him that he noticed it, the thin scar she had on her right shoulder. He froze in place, his mind suddenly drowned in images and the sounds of a piercing scream. He closed his eyes for an instant, trying desperately to keep his head clear, to compose himself. Now was not the time to remember such things. His eyes snapped open and he took a deep breath. It all happened in an instant and because he recollected himself so quickly, Hermione didn't seem to notice.

She stopped in front of Draco and looked at his formal attire. There was no denying it, the man in front of her was breathtakingly handsome.

"Shall we?" Draco finally brought himself to say, stretching his arm towards her and giving her one of his trademark grins.

"Yes." She said smiling widely, gently placing her hand in the crook of his arm.

Thank you all for reading this story! Let there be a ball! ;) I hope you are all waiting eagerly for the ball scene. If so, stay tuned for the next chapter ;) Until then, have a wonderful day! <3

Bellow there's a funny fan made picture that will fit the first part of the chapter. Dedicated to missblack-rabbit ^_^ hope you'll find it as funny as I did

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 18 48
Started this on Ao3 **Please do not steal or copy** Hermione Granger returns back to Hogwarts to finish her last year. After everything that has happ...
3.8K 207 55
Y/N arrives at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry under the guise of a muggle-born student. Little does she know, she is the daughter of the...
shifted By <3

Fanfiction

115K 5K 79
a girl dreamt of attending hogwarts. one day she learns how to shift. shifting realities, to hogwarts. it's magical. it's everything she ever wanted...
21.2K 300 19
When Hermione discovers she is pregnant and it's been two weeks since the battle of Hogwarts she has suspicions of who the father is but doesn't know...