Family First | *Rewrites in P...

By GraceIsHermione

*Rewrites in Progress* "Do not test me on my birthday, Jacob," I said, keeping my eyebrow raised as if to dar... More

Author's Note
Meet the Family
Meet The Rest
Aesthetics
Well, I'm No Princess
Butterflies Through My Stomach
Mi Dispiace
doggielover15
Make My Hair Pretty Again!
I Hate Hospitals
It's Not An Invitation
If Looks Could Kill
The Dinner with Spaghetti
The One Where Thomas Knows
Trust Is Everything
Tracking a Necklace
Buenas Noches
Landing In Sicilia
Nonna's Diary
Another Threat
I'll Miss You
The Outskirts of London
I Will Find You
The Date With A Sexy Hot Guy
Horny Teenagers
Be Mine?
Traitors And Apple Juice
The Little Girl
Periods and Irrationality
Charlie's Principessa
Clarissa Hartford
Meet the Russians
I'm Not Supposed To Be Alive
Albert Walker
A Moment Of Peace
Panic Attacks
The One With The Movie
How Did Astrid Arrive?
Four Seasons In One Day
Back To School
There's Always One
The Devils Arrive
Dresses Are Essential
The Mafia Ball - Part 1
The Mafia Ball - Part 2
The Real Villain
Evelyn Was Just The Spare
A Year Gone By
Reunited Once More
Singlet, Shorts and Thongs (the shoes you idiot)
The Duet
Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
Children Are Strange
The Final Author's Note
Bonus Chapter 1 - Grayson Breaks His Arm
Bonus Chapter 2 - Maggie Reconnects With Charlie
Bonus Chapter 3 - The Wedding
Bonus Chapter 4 - Lucy's Birth

Leaving For Italy

634 17 4
By GraceIsHermione

Anastasia's POV

The whole morning had gone by in a blur.

Papà had visited me with mamma, both of them hugging me and scolding me for going outside alone. My brothers had come in with Alex, all telling me how they would never leave my side again, and how much they loathed Quinn.

Carlotta and Julian walked in with Grayson, whose excuse for a second visit was to 'check my leg'. I knew he just wanted to see Carlotta.

Evelyn had gone home, and Uncle Roman was apparently passed out in one of the guest rooms. He didn't even know I was back. That didn't phase me.

I was currently watching Lucifer on Netflix. For the third time in my life. Tom Ellis could sweep me off my feet any time he wanted, and the latest season had left me in tears. I was in the middle of crying my heart out when my door opened to reveal Quinn. He was dressed in a black t shirt with ripped jeans, and upon seeing me cry, immediately ran over, obviously thinking the worst.

"What's wrong love?" he asked concerned, making me giggle. He cocked his eyebrow confused at my reaction.

I laughed even louder. 

"I'm crying over Lucifer," I cocked out in a mixture of tears and giggles, and he rolled his eyes, before taking a seat beside me.

"You know, I could be your Lucifer, detective," he whispered to me.

My stomach dropped.

This man... was amazing.

"You watch Lucifer!?" I asked excitedly, bouncing up and down on my bed. He laughed, and put his hands lightly on my shoulders to calm me down. Most people I talked to (well, realistically, my family) didn't watch the show, so often I was left to my own devices to fangirl over it.

"Course I do," he answered and my heart swelled.  A very noticeable blush crept up my cheeks, but before he could tease me over them, my mother yelled out to us all from the kitchen.

"Family meeting my spawn and other people's spawn!"

Quinn helped me out of my bed, and got my dressing gown from my bathroom to wrap me up. He bent down, motioning for me to climb onto his back, and I looped my arms around his neck, burying my head in the crook of his neck.

He smelt so nice. 

And I could get so used to this.

----

He carried me to the lounge, and placed me onto a couch, taking a seat in front of it. I propped a pillow up behind me, and Hazel lay opposite me, her slippered feet on top of mine. Uncle Roman walked in just waking from his sleep, and slumped onto a chair. 

I was surprised to see Rod and Gabby in the living room, and the girl waved to me with a quiet smile, before taking a seat in front of Hazel, quietly conversing with her as if they'd been best friends for years. 

My papà stood by the fireplace with my mamma, waiting until everyone was comfortable. He looked oddly stoic, and something in me told me that this was not going to be a great conversation.

"Family-" he addressed my siblings and I and Alex and Uncle Roman, "-and friends," he addressed Quinn, Rod, Gabby, Carlotta and Julian. "In light of recent events, I fear for everyone's safety."

My mother cleared her throat. "We have both decided it would be safe for us as a famiglia to temporarily move to Italy. We don't know who Vince has stationed here, or there, but moving to Italy is our best call at the moment."

"Mamma you can't be serious? What about school?" Hazel asked anxiously, her body starting to shake. Nathan pulled her into a hug, and she calmed down almost instantly, though her eyes were still wide as anxious thoughts plagued her mind. 

"What about Evelyn?" asked Jacob, and he ran his fingers through his hair standing up. Evelyn laced her fingers with his, calming him down immediately, but she too looked to my mamma with a questioning look. 

She was just as much in this family as we were. 

"Well Andrew will be coming along with us, and Jean will watch over the house, so it is up to Eve whether or not she wants to join us. Her mother has said she can join us," Mum said, looking towards the two.

"Can my sister and I come along?" Julian and Carlotta were seated on one of the arm chairs together, and Alexander also looked curious to the question. He looked a little more comfortable with them now after a short few hours sleep, but was still quite weary of them.

"Of course you can children, you are family. Family always comes first," my mother said with a warm look on her face. Alexander gave small smile, but it was as much as we had ever seen him smile. He was never the same after Aunt Danielle died, but we all think it was because Uncle Roman paid no attention to him.

"We leave tomorrow, with two jets, so pack your bags now, with whatever you need," my father ordered, dismissing us, and Quinn once again picked me up, taking me to my bedroom. He was eyed by all four of my brothers, until mamma whacked them up the side of their heads.

"Quinn, can you get my suitcase from my closet?" 

He nodded and brought out my trusty blue suitcase, it's travel stickers making it seem more of a rainbow than blue. I had been using that suitcase since I could remember, and it had served it's purpose well.

Someone knocked on my door, but before I could answer, my mamma walked in, and quickly shooed Quinn out, muttering something about 'girl time'.

She sat on the edge of my bed, and looked at me with slight concern, her blue eyes holding something behind them. She grabbed my pendant off my nightstand and ran over it with her fingers, gazing into it like it was a lost toy.

"I was ready for the news that I would never see you again, my sweet," she said softly, a single tear escaping her eye. She placed the pendant  back on my nightstand and scooted closer to me. "That boy has the same look in his eyes that your father had for me when we first met. It's rather sweet."

She smiled at me and cupped my cheek, running her thumb over it. I leant into her head, having had missed the time like this we used to spend together. When we had been younger, before the boys had joined the mafia, we had always spent our time cuddling up with our mamma.

"Don't ever lose that boy Anastasia, because I can see great things happening between the two of you. You not probably don't realise it now, because you just met, but he's fallen for you, child."

I blushed and she laughed. "And I think you have too."

I shook my head, and she just put her arms up in surrender, entering my closet and pulling some clothes out. As she folded, she hummed a lullaby I hadn't heard since I was a young girl, terrified my father wouldn't come home.

~flashback~

It was raining heavily, and everyone was in bed but me. My baby sister had just been tucked in, my mamma cooing at her to sleep. 

Charlie had been chasing me around the house all evening, with Grayson teaming up. I was only 5, but I was still the fastest in the house. I was curled up by the fireplace in my pink pyjamas, with Mr Tulip tucked under my arm.

My dad had been gone for hours, and I had made a promise to myself to stay up until he got home. Hours ticked by, seeming like days to a 5 year old child, and when the clock struck twelve, I started to cry. I was scared my father wouldn't come home, and my mamma heard my cries, sitting next to me and pulling me into her arms.

"Shush my sweet, he'll come home. He's just saving the world."

When I was little, my mum always said my dad was a superhero, who saved the world from bad people. When he came home with blood on his clothes, she said he had just defeated a bad guy.

My mamma rocked me in her arms, stroking my hair, and started to sing our song, the one she had been singing for me the moment I was placed in her arms.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I'll love you. Please don't take, my sunshine, away."

She sung it over and over, until the big doors opened to reveal my papà under his umbrella. I ran to him, jumping into his arms, and he swung me around, kissing my forehead. My mamma slowly walked over, and he pulled her into his arms.

"Did you save the world papà?" I asked, and he picked me up again, placing me onto his hip.

"Of course I did, principessa," he said smiling, and I hugged his neck as he carried me to my bedroom, tucking me into my tiara bed set. He switched off my light, and set on my star protector, which adorned my room with live footage of the stars twinkling in the night.

My father always came home.

~end of flashback~

My mother finished packing some clothes, leaving me to pack some personal items for myself. I had been to Italy three times, so I expected we would be staying in our family villa.

I couldn't wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.3K 835 39
✯❦⚕︎❦✯ His eyes shoot up as a mischievous glint highlights in them "How many inches do you want?" "At least 2 but if I get 6 I'm not complaining." I...
2M 53.4K 69
"It's funny that you are saying this because if one of us is jealous, then it's you. Or did you forget that you just pushed the man I was dancing wit...
Intoxicating By Nani🦋

General Fiction

276K 4.5K 48
Rosalina, 24 year old whose family was just killed by her abusive Fiancé, escapes to New York where she gets sent to live with old best friend and Ma...
392K 9.5K 53
𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨: ⸻ 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘴! ❝𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗛...