Here We Are

By universebunny

"We don't need things like memories" ~~~~~ Being one of Inarizaki's Volleyball managers is tough, the countle... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Routines
Chapter 2: I'll work hard!
Chapter 3: Foxes
Chapter 4: You haven't changed
Chapter 5: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa
Chapter 6: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa Part 2
Chapter 7: Code Blue
Chapter 8: Tokyo Teams
Chapter 9: Sakusa Kiyoomi
Chapter 10: Itachiyama Volleyball Club
Chapter 11: Tomorrow
Chapter 12: Seize Your Moment
Chapter 14: Winners and Losers
Chapter 15: Summer
Chapter 16: Second-Year Shenanigans
Chapter 17: In Due Time
Chapter 18: And So It Begins.
Chapter 19: Reprise
Chapter 20: Turn it Around
Chapter 21: Intense Force
Chapter 22: The struggles of the weak-willed
Chapter 23: The 'Talented'
Chapter 24: Rivals
Chapter 25: Simple, Pure Strength
Chapter 26: Until We Meet Again
Chapter 27: Consequences
Chapter 28: Atsumu and Y/N
Chapter 29: Through the Time
Chapter 30: Rerun
Chapter 31: Love/Expectations
Chapter 32: Where Monsters Go
Chapter 33: Care
Chapter 34: Not Alone
Chapter 35: It'll soon be Spring
Chapter 36: Solitude
Chapter 37 - Finally Here; The Starting Point
Chapter 38: Challengers
Chapter 39: This is War
Chapter 40: Monster's Banquet
Chapter 41: Captain
Chapter 42: The Promised Place
Chapter 43: The Day of Change
Chapter 44: Those Who Have Lost
Chapter 45: Solace
Chapter 46: Our Spring Comes To An End
Chapter 47: Love
Chapter 48: Thank you, goodbye.
Chapter 49: Endings and Beginnings
Chapter 50: Rebirth
Chapter 51: Room to Grow
Chapter 52: Change
Chapter 53: Synergy
Chapter 54: Let The Games Begin
Chapter 55: Awkward
Chapter 56: Pushing Forward
Chapter 57: The Bonds We Make
Chapter 58: Preparations
Chapter 59: One Step Forward

Chapter 13: Behold Today's Champions

10.9K 470 419
By universebunny

Hyogo Prefectural Qualifiers for Interhigh
Day 3

"Well well well, if it isn't the sneaky lil' foxes. Scoutin' out the Hyogo representatives?"

"Damn right, lookin' at the potential second Hyogo representative, if they even make it past semis." Atsumu retorts, smirking as he places a hand on his hip. (Atsumu, this isn't a modelling show-)

A vein pops out of the middle blocker's head as he smiles in irritation. He isn't going to let Atsumu trash talk his school like that. "Don't think you're so great just 'coz you've been doin' well lately... Nakiusagi's a powerhouse school too. Don't get too cocky."

"Oh? How long's it been since you've won against Inarizaki?" Atsumu questions, he smirks tauntingly at him. "Why're you still thinkin' 'bout the good-old days, huh? No point bein' an old champion if yer constantly in second place."

"Tch..."

"Afterall... second place is just the first loser."

Suna nudges Y/N in the side and gestures towards Atsumu, mentally telling her that it's her responsibility to get him to behave. She rolls her eyes in exasperation before sighing and heading over.

"Atsumu... stop pickin' fights with everyone." She mumbles, interrupting their glaring competition as they glance at her.

"Oh! L/N-chan! It's so nice to see you again!" Nakiusagi's middle blocker suddenly smiles brightly, eyes sparkling as he turns to her. "Didja watch any of my matches yesterday?? I got heaps of blocks!"

Atsumu snorts as he covers his mouth in attempts to hide his snickering, eyes darting back and forth between the two in amusement.

"Oh, sorry I missed it, I was fillin' up the bottles for my team. I'm sure you played well though." Y/N smiles apologetically, he doesn't notice her subtly side-eye Atsumu.

He deflates a little and pouts. "Aww... that's too bad... Be sure to watch me closely today!"

"Ah, right." She tilts her head to the side, keeping her apologetic smile. "Sorry but, who are you again?"

Unable to keep his snickering to himself, Atsumu grabs the middle blocker's shoulders and laughs right in his face.

"HAHAHAHA-!"

"Pfft- I can't believe you pretended you didn't know who he was again HAHAHA-!" Suna wheezes, slapping Ginjima's shoulder repeatedly as he laughs hysterically. Even the twins can't stop laughing.

"You should've seen his face! So embarrasin', I died." Atsumu snorts doubling over with laughter. Y/N and Ginjima just roll their eyes at them.

"Laughin' in his face was uncalled for, Atsumu. I'm pretty sure that was the most embarrasin' part."

"Pfft, no. I'm pretty sure I heard his heart shatter when you asked him who he was."

"Mmm, the sound was glorious." Y/N smirks, high-fiving Suna as he keeps laughing.

"I'm surrounded by terrible people..." Ginjima mumbles in despair, sighing as he facepalms. Just another day where he wishes he was a third year instead. "Was it really necessary to embarrass him like that?"

"Me?" She gasps in mock surprise, placing a hand on her heart. "Embarrass someone? I would never!"

"Yeah! How couldja accuse her like that? She'd never!"

"'Tsumu, you're the person she embarrasses the most."

"Don't mind."

Ginjima groans loudly as he physically tries to swat away their words, he's too tired for this. "Shouldn't we be focusin' on semi-finals?? Can I have a tiny break?? Please??"

"We are focusin', you just need to see the bigger picture." Y/N says, smiling innocently as she pats his shoulder. "Mind games start before the match begins. We're already winnin'."

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

"They're still winnin' in straight sets? At this point they'll get to Interhigh without ever droppin' a set!"

The Inarizaki team sits in the audience as they wait for the other semi-final match to finish. Looking at the scoreboard, they're probably going to verse Nakiusagi in the finals again.

Osamu munches on some onigiri he packed for the day as he watches the match with the rest of the team. Meanwhile, Atsumu watches the game intensely, analysing and criticising everything that's happening. Y/N's just glad there are no cameras nearby to hear his trashy commentating, that could be career ruining.

The sound of the whistle snaps Y/N out of her thoughts as she glances back down to the game. Seems like they're versing Nakiusagi afterall.

"There's gonna be a short break before finals, so you can all break off into your own groups for now. But make sure to come back before the match starts!" Coach Kurosu instructs, getting everyone's attention. "We already won a spot at Nationals, but I don't wanna see any of you slackin' in the final match, got it? Let's win the whole qualifiers in straight sets."

"Osamu... you'll get sick if you eat all that before the match..." Y/N sweat-drops as she watches Osamu hoard one of every snack in the vending machine, it's a relief that he's rich or else he'd probably be living on the streets at this point.

Osamu rolls his eyes as he stuffs the last of the snacks into his extra bag. "I'm not gonna eat it now. I'm savin' 'em for later, when I get hungry."

"Oh really? So you're sayin' you're not hungry now?"

"...I didn't say that."

Facepalming, Y/N holds out her hand, gesturing for him to give her the bag. Pretending he doesn't understand what she means, he places his hand in hers, smiling innocently at her unimpressed expression. "The bag, Osamu."

He rolls his eyes as he gives her the bag, huffing childishly as he stuffs his hands into his pockets. "You better give it back after..."

"Oh I will, you can trust me." Y/N reassures, smiling up at him. "Anyway, there's a 100 yen per minute fee for makin' me carry around your bag, each day your payment's late is an extra 500 yen, so make sure to pay up quickly~"

"Say sike right now."

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

"We're goin' on in fifteen minutes, go make any quick toilet breaks now if ya need."

Atsumu and Y/N sit next to each other as they meticulously go through some notes on Nakiusagi in her notebook, coming up with potential plays and looking for weaknesses they can exploit. Suna sweat-drops as he looks at their concentrated expressions, they're going to win anyway, so why bother?

"Mm... their defence and teamwork is great, I'd hafta admit, but those weak-ass attacks ain't got nothin' on us."

"Wow, so rude. No wonder why they all hate you."

"Pretty sure that's not the only reason..." Osamu mumbles from behind them, yawning tiredly. He just wants to play the game and go home.

"Matsumoto-san's an annoyin' blocker though." Y/N says, ignoring Osamu as she points out Nakiusagi's second year middle blocker from earlier. "You guys have so much beef with each other, honestly, I would've thought you'd have a rivalry with a setter rather than a middle blocker."

"Pfft, you remember who he is now?" Atsumu smirks, leaning back in his seat as he shrugs nonchalantly. "He's just annoyin'. Plus, Nakiusagi's setter's too cheerful, it's harder to trash talk 'im and ruin his mood."

"I'm always baffled by how disgustin' your personality is..."

"Let's have a good game!"

The Inarizaki and Nakiusagi teams shake hands with each other as they begin the finals. The crowd buzzes with excitement as they wave around their fan signs, while Inarizaki's fanbase is definitely vast in numbers, Nakiusagi has its fair share of fans.

"Go! Go! Let's go! Let's go! Ina High!"

"Go! Go! Go! Go! Naki-Nakiusagi!"

Finals: Nakiusagi – Inarizaki Match – First Set
Nakiusagi [00 – 00] Inarizaki

"Atsumu!!!" The fans cheer, squealing in delight as they watch him prepare to serve.

He clenches his fist, silencing the audience as he jumps.

BAM!

Atsumu slams the ball with insane speed and trajectory, almost painting the line beside Nakiusagi's ace Fujiwara.

Out.

Nakiusagi [01 – 00] Inarizaki

"Argh!! Dammit!!" Atsumu groans, yelling in frustration.

"Lame."

"Shuddup!"

The whole Inarizaki bench facepalms in exasperation. Atsumu needs to learn to control his excitement, but the serve was powerful enough to shock Nakiusagi.

"Lucky..." Their Libero mumbles, sighing as he tries to release the tension in his muscles. They can't play at their best if they're too nervous and tense.

"Let's... go!" The Nakiusagi cheer squad yells as their Captain and Setter serves, aiming his spike serve at Atsumu. As usual, he moves out of the way as Akagi receives it flawlessly.

"Alright!" Atsumu cheers, grinning widely as he positions to set the ball. "Aran!"

Ojiro slams his hand down on the volleyball with amazing force, catching their receivers off-guard as it bounces off the court.

Nakiusagi [01 – 01] Inarizaki

"Go! Go! Let's go! Let's go! Ina High!"

"Alright!" Atsumu and Ojiro yell, high fiving each other. The battle between the two powerhouse schools is just beginning.

"Nice block, Matsumoto!!"

Finals: Inarizaki – Nakiusagi Match – Second Set
Inarizaki [14 – 17] Nakiusagi

Atsumu grits his teeth in irritation as Matsumoto successfully guess-blocks his set, smirking down on him condescendingly.

"Argh... Sorry!" Ginjima groans.

"No, that was my bad!" Atsumu groans as well, he would have normally set to Suna, but Matsumoto's been getting more accurate as the second set continues. He doesn't want to admit it, but his setting is starting to get influenced by Nakiusagi's blockers.

"Should we sub in Kita-senpai?" Y/N questions, turning to Coach Kurosu who's deep in thought.

"...Not yet. We'll see how this plays out for now. If need be, we'll sub him in when it's Gin's serve."

"Go for it, Fujiwara!!" "Two blockers!"

Nakiusagi's ace jumps to spike the ball, pulling off a feint at the last second, successfully catching Inarizaki by surprise.

"Hnng-!" Atsumu and Akagi groan as they reach for the ball, Akagi being just a little short as it falls. They should have known they'd be pulling off random feints.

Inarizaki [14 – 18] Nakiusagi

"Give us another nice serve!"

Nakiusagi's Captain jumps for his third serve in a row, aiming near Ojiro who manages to get it up.

'Send it to Suna or 'Samu? Or should I go for Gin again?? Argh I'm overthinkin'!' Atsumu scrunches up his face as he jumps up to set.

"'Samu!"

Matsumoto grins as he successfully reads the set-up again, jumping in front of Osamu as he positions himself to block. He pulls off a feint.

"Huh??" Matsumoto groans as Atsumu gasps in delight.

Inarizaki [15 – 18] Nakiusagi

"Nice." Osamu and Suna high five as they move into positions for Atsumu's serve, covering the back of their heads for good measure.

'Tch... I'm annoyed but I ain't gonna mess up...' Atsumu scowls, rolling his eyes at them. Taking a deep breath, Atsumu's gaze hardens as he silences the crowd. It's his serve.

BAM!

"Fu-!"

It bounces beside Fujiwara before he can even position himself.

"...jiwara."

Inarizaki [16 – 18] Nakiusagi

"Nice serve! Nice serve! Atsumu! Give us another! Atsumu!"

Serving again, Atsumu aims near Fujiwara once again, but he's prepared this time, managing to get it up.

"Sorry! It's long!"

"Chance ball!" Ginjima calls, sending it to Atsumu so he can set.

"Suna!"

"Argh!" Matsumoto groans as Suna spikes around his block again, successfully avoiding his block and their Libero who was positioned to receive.

Inarizaki [17 – 18] Nakiusagi

"Nice kill! Rintarou! Rintarou!"

"It's okay." Suna smiles. "You're still a good blocker."

"Oi..." Osamu starts, glaring at Atsumu. "Don't mess up this serve."

"Huh?? As if I would! Whatcha tryna say??"

Inarizaki [17 – 19] Nakiusagi

Out.

"Argh! Dammit!" Atsumu groans. "Ya jinxed me 'Samu! This is all yer fault!"

'Don't blame Osamu for your mistakes...' The rest of the team deadpans, sighing in exasperation at him. They prepare for Nakiusagi's serve.

"Nice serve Mori-san!"

Mori smoothly sends over a float serve, catching Akagi by surprise with its trajectory.

"Argh!" He groans as it falls before he can get an overhand receive on it, bouncing on his chest as he tries to crouch a little lower. "Soz'! Cover!"

"Hnng!" Atsumu reaches for the ball, managing to get it up with his left hand. "Hit it over, Suna!"

Suna jumps up, hitting around Matsumoto's block once again.

"Bastard-!" Nakiusagi's Libero dives for the ball, getting it up in the last second. "Soz'! Mokkun!"

"Right." Mori covers and sends the ball to Matsumoto. "Matsu, last!"

"Okay!" Matsumoto jumps to spike the ball over, wincing when he realises that Suna's waiting for him, watching him closely. "Hnng-!"

In attempts to avoid his block, Matsumoto tries to hit to the side. Predicting this, Suna shifts his arms to block it.

"Mine!" Their Libero yells, getting it up in the last second. Seems like this is another long rally.

"Wacchan!" Their Captain calls, setting it to their Ace Fujiwara.

"Alright!" He yells, slamming it down on the other side of the court.

Inarizaki [17 – 20] Nakiusagi

"Nice kill Fujiwara-san!" "Nice Wacchan!"

"Don't mind, we'll get the next one!" Ojiro cheers, clapping his hands as they move back into position for Mori's next serve.

Mori smoothly sends over another float serve, it's long this time.

"Urg!" Akagi groans, twisting a little as it bounces off his shoulder.

"Nice one, Akagi!" Ojiro calls out, covering as he sends it to the net. "Last one's yours, Osamu!"

"One-touch!" Nakiusagi's blockers call out. "Cover! Cap'n!"

"Got it!" Nakiusagi's Captain calls, getting the first touch. "Acchan!"

"Right!" Their Libero calls, jumping before the attack line as he prepares to set the ball. "Cap'n!"

Their Captain runs up to spike the ball despite having gotten the first touch. Unfortunately for Nakiusagi, Inarizaki is completely unfazed, used to having their setter pull off random and unconventional moves out of nowhere.

The three second years in the front line quickly move into position to block his spike, taking the Captain by surprise.

"Hnng-!" Nakiusagi's Captain gets blocked.

Inarizaki [18 – 20] Nakiusagi

"Oh boy... they read our play...!"

"Sorry!" Their Libero apologises, groaning as he slaps his forehead.

"No no! Don't worry Acchan! We'll get 'em next time!"

"You sure about that...? They're subbin' their Cap'n in..." Mori mumbles, catching their attention.

"Huh??"

Member Substitution
Inarizaki High School
IN: #1 Kita Shinsuke
OUT: #5 Ginjima Hitoshi

Kita calmly steps onto the court, making the rest of his teammates freeze up in fear as they awkwardly avoid eye-contact with him.

"Atsumu." He starts, making him flinch. "Why're you rushin' your sets?"

"...I was tryna shake off the blockers and receivers since they're startin to read my-"

"Are their blockers really gettin' to you that badly? D'ya really think you'd accomplish anythin' by speedin' things up? There's no need to overthink your sets since that's obviously not doin' anythin' for you."

'EEEEEK!'

"Pfft- look at 'em. Quiverin' in fear every time Kita-senpai goes on." Y/N snickers, smirking at their scared expressions. "Weaklings."

"Haha, don't say that Y/N. Shinsuke's cold logic just terrifies 'em."

"NICE SERVE!" The Inarizaki team yells, slightly rigid in fear knowing Kita's right behind them. He aims for the gap between the Nakiusagi players.

"Argh- Soz' it's short!" Mori groans, getting it up.

"Wacchan!" Their Captain calls, setting to their Ace once again.

BAM!

'That felt good...!' He thinks as it bounces off of Atsumu's outstretched hand. Kita gracefully dives for the ball, keeping it in play.

"Atsumu!" "Right!"

Atsumu jumps up and tosses a quick set to Osamu, catching Nakiusagi off-guard.

Inarizaki [19 – 20] Nakiusagi

"Yuss!!" The twins cheer, making the crowd go wild with excitement.

"Go! Go! Let's go! Let's go! Ina High!"

Paying the crowd no mind, Kita waits for the sound of the whistle to signify his second serve, this time aiming for the edge beside Mori.

"Tch...!" Mori moves to the side and gets a solid receive.

"Nice receive!" Their Captain calls, jumping up to set.

Instead he dumps the ball, taking most of Inarizaki by surprise.

"Argh-!" Ojiro reaches behind for the ball, only for Kita to receive it and keep it in play. "Kita-!"

"Nice!" Atsumu calls, smiling as he sets to Suna. Using his torso, he spikes around the block once again.

Inarizaki [20 – 20] Nakiusagi

"Damn... they're tied now... Inarizaki's catchin' up super duper fast-!" The Nakiusagi reserve players wince as they watch the match. "Is coach gonna call a timeout...?"

"He's definitely thinkin' 'bout it... that's for sure..."

The Nakiusagi coach remains deep in thought, unsure if he should use their final timeout now or not, he figures he'd wait a little longer to see if they can break Inarizaki's momentum with the next point.

"Matsu!"

Matsumoto cringes as he tries to receive the ball, the net-in catching him off guard. "Soz'! Cover!"

"Mokkun! Last!" Their Libero calls, barely getting it up. Mori tries to spike it, but it gets caught in the net.

Inarizaki [21 – 20] Nakiusagi

Nakiusagi Tech
Second Timeout

Nakiusagi's coach wastes no time signalling for the timeout. They really need to break the momentum that Inarizaki's gained with Kita joining them on the court.

"I don't really think I needa say much, since y'all know what needs to be done. Take this time to rest a lil' and clear your mind. There's no reason to panic." He says, smiling at his team as they nod and wipe their sweat off.

"Argh... in our whole three years of bein' on this team, we haven't defeated Inarizaki even once." Their Libero complains, sighing as he headbutts his Captain's shoulder. "I'm startin' to think we're the problem."

"Acchan! Don't be negative!" Their Captain scolds, bonking him on the head as they start bickering. Mori and Fujiwara just sigh.

"You two are so immature..." They mumble, physically pulling them apart for safe measure.

"...It's true that our senpai's defeated Inarizaki before we came..." Fujiwara mutters.

"Wacchan??"

"Let me finish." Fujiwara rolls his eyes. "Why're you our Cap'n again?"

"What Fuji's tryna say is, yes, our senpai's beat them, but it doesn't really matter, right? Look at Inarizaki's banner. 'We don't need things like memories'. It applies for us too. So don't think 'bout the past, let's win with this team, let's win today." Mori encourages, not noticing that the first and second years are listening to his speech.

"Mori-san...!" 'SO COOL...!'

"Took the words right outta my mouth." Fujiwara grins, chest bumping Mori enthusiastically. He turns to the rest of the team and gives them thumbs up. "That banner behind us is ours for a reason, don't forget it!"

Once the timeout's over, they walk back onto the court. Walking past Matsumoto as he enters the court, Atsumu smirks at him tauntingly.

"Your team's banner's nice. Too bad it'll be ours today."

Matsumoto grits his teeth in agitation as he tries not to get too riled up. Taking a few steady breaths, he glances behind him to look at his school's banner.

'Behold Today's Champions'

He can't let these sneaky foxes get the better of his team.

FWEET! The whistle blows to signal for Kita's third serve. He easily sends it in the gap between the players again.

"Mine!" Mori calls getting it up in time.

"Matsu!" Their Captain calls, jumping to set for Matsumoto.

Ojiro and Osamu's eyes widen in surprise after they jump for the block, being taken off guard.

'Tch...' Suna scowls, running to the side as he jumps to block. 'One-person-time-difference-attack...!' He's just a little too late.

"YEA-ah?"

Kita successfully digs the ball and keeps it in play.

"ARE YA KIDDIN' ME?!?!" The Nakiusagi bench groans, facepalming in exasperation. Kita's just too reliable.

"Nice...!" Atsumu cheers swapping places with Osamu. "Super-body-and-soul-switch-time-delayed-spike!"

He spikes down the ball that Osamu set.

Inarizaki [22 – 20] Nakiusagi

"How the hell is he carefree enough to say that out-loud durin' a match...?" Y/N deadpans, facepalming as she watches Atsumu smirk tauntingly at Nakiusagi. "If they swapped souls, then why do I still feel like beatin' up Atsumu...?"

Somehow knowing that she's trash talking him, Atsumu turns and glares at her. "JUST LET ME LIVE, WOMAN!"

"...It's scary how well you second years know each other..." Coach Oomi mumbles, rubbing his temple in attempts to soothe the headache he's forming.

Y/N shrugs as she turns her attention back to the court, it's Kita's fourth serve now.

"Nice serve!"

Nakiusagi's Libero gets it this time, diving in front of their Captain as he gets it up. "Cap'n!"

"Right!" Their Libero quickly moves out of his way to clear his path as he tosses it to Fujiwara this time.

'Don't underestimate us...!' He grits his teeth, spiking with amazing strength.

"...!" The ball bounces off of Kita's arms and out of bounds, momentarily shocking the audience with it's loud sound.

Inarizaki [22 – 21] Nakiusagi

"Go! Go! Go! Go! Naki-Nakiusagi!"

"YEAHHH!!!" "Nice kill!" The Nakiusagi team cheers loudly as they huddle up.

"Argh... it annoys me when my opponents are so happy! Let's get 'em on the next one!" Atsumu complains, making his teammates roll their eyes at his terrible personality. But silently, they agree.

"Let's... go!" Matsumoto serves to Atsumu in attempts to make him get the first touch, knowing he probably wouldn't be able too break their formation much. The receivers in the back row are too good.

"Free ball~!" Atsumu taunts, smirking as he receives it. "Get it 'Samu!"

"Aran!" Osamu calls, tossing to Ojiro who jumps up to spike.

Having predicted this, the Nakiusagi blockers move up to block it. "One-touch!"

"Argh-!" Mori keeps it into play as he dives for it, it goes over the net. "Soz'!"

"Chance ball!" Osamu calls, before noticing that Atsumu's jumping for a spike. 'Tch...' He reluctantly sends a quick set to Atsumu.

Purposely aiming for Matsumoto, Atsumu spikes it down on him. The ball bounces off his arms and out of bounds.

Inarizaki [23 – 21] Nakiusagi

"Heh, even now, you still suck at receives, don'tcha?"

Matsumoto grits his teeth in annoyance, taking multiple deep breaths to try and calm himself.

"Don't mind, Matsu. The game ain't over yet." Mori encourages, patting him on the back as they prepare for Suna's serve.

'Behold Today's Champions'

It's not over yet.

"Oi Y/N, didja tell Atsumu to aim for their Middle Blocker like that?" Coach Oomi questions, knowing that it's something she'd do.

"Pfft, nah. Give Atsumu some credit wouldja? He's a genius. I was thinkin' about it earlier but... Atsumu probs thought of it wayyy before I did." Y/N chuckles, smiling proudly at her team. She can't help but feel happy watching them play, not that she'd ever admit it out loud.

"Hehe~ feels nice when a strong team crumbles before you~" Atsumu cheers, smiling widely as if he didn't say something terrible.

'So trashy...'

"Hey you, Suna." Kita's cold voice cuts in, making them all flinch. "Just now, I bet you were thinkin', "we've practically already won this match anyway, I can give them an easy serve since I'll just get rotated off if they end up making the point." Right?"

'Kita-san's scarily accurate mind-reading ability still terrifies me...' "...Geh."

"You're one of Inarizaki's core players when it comes to attacks, if you have such an important role, make sure you live up to it and perform to the best of your abilities."

"Yes, Cap'n..." He mumbles, Atsumu and Osamu snicker behind him as he gets told off, glad that they're not on the receiving end.

"Nice serve!"

Suna watches the referee as he waits for the exact moment the whistle tweets.

FWEET! He instantly sends it over, catching Nakiusagi off guard with his timing once again.

'So annoyin'...!' Their Libero grits his teeth as he dives for it. "Soz'!"

The ball goes over the net towards Osamu. He jumps up and spikes it down instantly, catching everyone off guard.

"ARGH-!" Nakiusagi's Captain dives for the ball as he barely keeps it in play. "Acchan!"

"Right!" Their Libero jumps before the attack line, preparing to set. "Mokkun!"

Mori jumps for a back attack, hitting it over as he tries to aim away from Kita, he's too hyper-focused on him. Akagi quickly digs the ball, perfectly sending it to a good position for Atsumu.

"Atsumu!"

"Right!" Atsumu jumps up.

And he dumps the ball.

"Son of a-!"

The ball falls on Nakiusagi's side of the court as they attempt to dive for it, they're too slow.

Inarizaki [24 – 21] Nakiusagi
Set Point

"A dump?? Now of all times???" The Nakiusagi Coach groans as he facepalms, who's he kidding? It's Inarizaki, he should have seen it coming.

"Aww yeah!" Atsumu cheers, high fiving Akagi as they beam brightly. Kita chuckles at this, Atsumu always catches everyone off guard.

"Finish it off with a service ace, Suna." Osamu says, turning to him with a blank expression.

"I'm not your brother." Suna mutters, rolling his eyes as he moves back into position for his serve.

Once again, he serves on the whistle.

'I'm a step too slow-!' Nakiusagi's Libero winces as he dives for the ball, it's going over the net.

Seeing the opportunity, Oomimi uses his height to jump up and hits the ball down on the first touch, catching Naikusagi by surprise.

"Hnng-!" Fujiwara reaches for the ball as it drops, managing to get it up.

"Nice one, Wacchan!" Their Captain calls, running up to set the ball. "Mokkun!"

"Knng-!" Akagi winces, getting the powerful spike up. "Atsumu!"

Atsumu glances at Osamu as he runs up to toss the ball, noticing this gesture, the Nakiusagi blockers start heading towards him, only for Atsumu to toss to Ojiro.

Ojiro spikes it down with incredible force, silencing the crowd.

'Behold Today's Champions' 

~~~~~

Dun dun DUNNN!!!!!

Thankyou so much for waiting patiently~ I would have finished this earlier but I'm currently in intense drawing mode XD Basically, as an artist I draw consistently throughout the year, but every few months I have this reallyyyy intense drawing mode where I draw three super big drawings :')) I'm actually really proud of the one I just completed so I'm forcing you all to look at it:

Just imagine this to be the kind of thing Y/N draws when she should be sleeping O3O

Anyway~ Thanks for reading the chapter! If you didn't know, Hyogo gets to send 2 schools to Interhigh every year, that's why both Inarizaki and Nakiusagi can go! (Only one school gets to go to Spring Tournament though) And also, bonus Japanese High School Volleyball knowledge;
In Haikyuu, there are 2 prefectural tournaments (Qualifiers), and 2 National tournaments (Interhigh and Spring Tournament)
But in real life, there are 2 prefectural tournaments (Qualifiers), 2 Regional tournaments (in Inarizaki's case, Kansai Region), and 3 National tournaments (Interhigh, Nationals, and Spring Tournament)
(Yes I've researched very thoroughly)
I was seriously thinking about adding the 3 tournaments into this fic that Furudate didn't include in Haikyuu, but I ended up deciding not to XD It'll probably confuse a lot of people and slow down a lot of the development :')) So ya! :D

Anywaysss~ Thanks for reading! I'm still in intensive drawing mode so I'm not sure how quickly the next few chapters will come out, but please look forward to them! OuO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

432K 14.3K 49
[[COMPLETED]] (L/n) (Y/n), a third year from Aoba Johsai is also the manager for the Boys' Volleyball Club. Join her in their wacky and stupid advent...
378K 12.5K 29
ใ€Ž ใ€ โ†ณ you are a new student at inarizaki and join the boys volleyball club as the manager. after struggling with friends from your old school, you gi...
265K 6.2K 29
( Suna X Reader) There is a school combination camp that is happening in Inarizaki Students are combining in classes and sport activities together t...
287K 7.4K 49
(F/N) Ginjima, the twin sister of Hitoshi Ginjima, is not like anyone else. She seems cold and distant, much like her twin. She's on the Inarizaki Hi...