Family Matters

SeekingAndromeda_ द्वारा

Ceres wasn't even born when she was taken away from her family who she now has no knowledge of. Her life with... अधिक

Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Q & A
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Q & A #2
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Popularity Results
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
A Year With You
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
The End
More Family Matters
PART 2: Chapter One
PART 2: Chapter Two
PART 2: Chapter Three
PART 2: Chapter Four
PART 2: Chapter Five
PART 2: Chapter Six
PART 2: Chapter Seven
PART 2: Chapter Eight
PART 2: Chapter Nine
PART 2: Chapter Ten
PART 2: Chapter Eleven
New Book 😁

Chapter Eighteen

25.3K 913 149
SeekingAndromeda_ द्वारा

"Oh wow, wow, wow! Ceres, you look amazing!" Diana said upon seeing me for the first time since I've cut my hair. I blushed profusely at her energetic compliment but muttered a thanks to her.

A sense of warmth washed over me knowing that Diana liked it and I couldn't help but silently thank her as well. She had no idea how much it meant to me that she liked my haircut.

"What made you want to cut it?" Diana asked as we walked to the lockers. I tried not to let it show on my face that I didn't really want to answer that question.

"It was too long" I said simply. It wasn't the full truth but what comforted me was that it wasn't a lie.

She nodded and we both separated to go to our lockers. I struggled for a brief moment when trying to spin in the combination correctly, I was always bad at remembering which ways to turn the lock. Once I opened the locker, I was surprised to see something fall out of it.

I didn't keep loose papers in my locker since it looked untidy and I mainly just placed my books in there. I bent down to pick up what had fell out of my locker and to add on more to my surprise, it was an envelope with my name written on it in neat cursive.

The bell suddenly ringing made me forget about the envelope momentarily as I was now late for class. I quickly placed it in my bag before shutting my locker and heading to class.

I didn't get many chances to open the letter with me not wanting to open it during class, or when I was eating lunch so I had to wait until I got home to finally open it.

But even then, I was preoccupied with my brothers antics as per usual.

"Where the hell is Lucas?! I'm going to kill him!" Max yelled as he stormed into the living room holding his boot up the air. We all looked at him in confusion as he seethed in his spot.

"Why?" Lucas said as he peeked his head out from the kitchen, not really bothered by Max's enraged self.

"Why, you ask? I was getting ready to put my boots on and when I put one on, I got fucking stabbed!" He exclaimed.

Lucas frowned at Max before speaking.

"Maybe if you cleaned your room random things wouldn't be living in your shoes" Lucas said and Kade snickered while Max didn't seem to find Lucas' comment funny at all.

"It wasn't some random fucking thing you jackass, it's your stupid rock!" Max said as he turned his boot downwards and a rock fell out.

Lucas' eyes seemed to brighten with recognition as he picked up the rock and inspected it.

"Oh, I was looking for this everywhere. Thanks" Lucas said before putting the rock in his pocket and retreating back into the kitchen. Max just watched with his jaw dropped.

"Did he really just do that?" Max asked before following after Lucas, probably to continue his argument.

I swear these guys never stop fighting...

Deciding that I've seen enough, I headed up to my room and dropped my bag on my bed before taking out the letter.

I looked at my name in cursive and once again, my curiosity spiked. Who was this letter from? I don't know anyone other than Diana and while her handwriting is neat, I don't think she writes in cursive. Or feels the need to slip a letter into my locker when she could just talk to me.

I opened the envelope and read the letter that was inside.

'Dear, Ceres

Thank you for your help the other day. You were the first person to ever show such kindness to me, and you have no idea how much that means to me. That's all I wanted to tell you, sorry if I startled you by leaving this letter in your locker.

- From, H'

My mind drew up so many blanks as I tried thinking of anyone that I knew of with their name starting with the letter 'H'. I hardly paid any attention to the people around me in class so it was impossible for me to guess who this person is. Should I just throw it away?

That would be rude...but then again I don't know who this person is and I don't think they're expecting a letter back in return.

I frowned as I read the letter again. What did they mean by the other day? I don't really remember going out of my way to help someone, it was unlike me to do such a thing.

I let out a small sigh before just putting the letter back in the envelope and placed it in my desk drawer. I don't know, maybe I should throw it out but until I can come to a solid decision, I'll just leave it there for now.

After I did my homework, I headed downstairs in search of a snack, but as I was coming down I heard the sound of a thud and then Kade screaming.

"AAAH!!! WHAT IS THAT?!?! IS IT A CORPSE?!?!" I ran into the living room and saw Kade staring in horror at Roman, who was on the ground unmoving, with a pillow clenched in his hands for protection. Roman had deep bags under his eyes and his black hair that was normally very neat and tidy, was now a mess.

I heard footsteps rushing down the stairs and Ares appeared in just...a towel for some reason, with a baseball bat in hand. He looked around for any threats and when he saw that there was in fact no danger he lowered the bat with a frown.

"Kade, what the hell are you screaming for?" He asked and Kade pointed at Roman's still unmoving body.

He mouthed something to Ares which Ares was somehow able to understand and he just shook his head with an irritated sigh.

"No, you idiot, that isn't a corpse. It's just Roman" Ares said as if it were normal to see Roman in such a state. If it were, I had no idea.

Kade's eyes were wide for a moment as he processed Ares' words and I wondered how Kade was unable to recognize Roman. He didn't look so bad to the point where he couldn't be identified.

"Roman?! What happened?!" Kade asked frantically as he rushed over to Roman who was now practically withering away right in front of us.

"I can't believe it...I'm out here buck naked ready to fight and it's just this guy being dramatic as usual" Ares grumbled as he swung the baseball bat nonchalantly on his shoulder before heading back upstairs.

"Roman? Roman?! Speak to me!" Kade said as he clutched his younger brother in his arms. I watched the dramatic scene in front of me until my stomach growled.

I need food.

I walked away from the two and went into the kitchen. I grabbed the box of bagel bites out of the freezer and made myself a couple. After I finished making them, I grabbed a glass of juice and when I walked out of the kitchen Kade was still 'mourning' Roman.

I swear these people are so weird.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked as I placed my glass down on the table and took a bite out of one of my bagel bites, not minding that they were still really hot.

"He overworked himself again and I guess he fainted" Kade said as he proceeded to put one hand under Roman's shoulders and the other one under his knees and lifted him up.

I was a little speechless at the sight. Roman was a full grown adult, pretty tall, and no doubt really heavy yet Kade just lifted him up as if he were a feather.

"Sorry that you had to see me looking like such a mess" Kade said before giving me a small smile and heading up to put Roman in his room.

It was just then that Lance walked into the house. He looked at me confused when he saw me just standing there, bagel bite in hand, and jaw slightly agape.

"Ceres? What's wrong?" He asked as he took his coat off.

I snapped out of my daze and just shook my head.

"Nothing..." I said and Lance didn't seem to believe me but let me off for whatever reason.

It had been a while since I've last seen Lance around. Max says that there are times where he gets really busy and won't come home for a few days and spends all his time at the company. I couldn't imagine how stressful that must be for him.

"Welcome home..." I said and Lance looked at me surprised for a moment before letting out a small chuckle.

"Thanks" he said patting my head as he passed me on his way up to his room.

I picked up my glass of juice before also heading up to my own room, still a little perplexed at how strange all of my brothers were.

[A/N: so sorry for the short sucky chapter :/ I've been busy these past two days but I still wanted to update for you guys! Next chapter will be much longer and hopefully better! As always, thank you for reading❤️]

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Family Comes First CRAZY40429 द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

1M 31.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
Their Little Sunshine aries10 द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

661K 16.1K 32
•.¸♡ 𝑨 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒆 ♡¸.• °•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•° Kiara...
Lucent ads ¡¡ द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

175K 4K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
Runners Lbooks01 द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

8.5K 170 32
They balance each-other out. One the calm, the other the storm. Except when they don't. Except when she loses it and makes the place burn...literally...