.Elementals.

By ChrisWolfblood

(1ST BOOK OF CRYPTIC SERIES) Humans were weak and insignificant in the other races eyes. But somehow, they li... More

-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22:AN-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-36-
-37-
-38-
-39-
-40-
-41-
-42-
-43-
-44-
-45-
-46-
-47-
-48-
-49-
-50-
-51-
-52-
-53-
-54-
-55-
-56-
-57-
-58-
-59-
-60-
-61-
-62-
-63-
-64-
-65-
-66-
-67-
-68-
-69-
-70-
-71-
-72-
-73-
-74-
-75-
-76-
-77-
-78-
-79-
-80-
-81-
-82-
-83-
-84-
-85-
-86-
-87-
-88-
-89-
-90-
-91-
-92-
-93-
-94-
-95-
-96-
-97-
-98-
-99-
-100-

-35-

855 85 4
By ChrisWolfblood

"Highness please listen to-" Door slam. "Me..." I sighed, letting my head thump against the door, there was just no way of catching her without intruding on the barriers she put up and I just didn't want to force her. "Please Highness."

"Go away mage, I do not wish to speak with you."

"I.... Right" I walked off, this was my second try today.

I was still unsure of my feelings but if I didn't have the chance to get to understand them how will I be sure.

Or maybe I already know and this is why I am chasing her to explain?

Maybe I am worried for her safety?

Maybe I worry for her emotions?

I don't even know that anymore.

I avoided my fellow mages for the rest of the day, searching comfort in my tree friend, it would judge or treat me differently.

The song sang as its leaves rustled lulled me away to the land dreams.

"Ah love is a troublesome thing isn't it Mystery?" I yet again dreamed of this man with purple eyes, yet again sitting on the tree, yet again with my back to his front and him hugging me like an old friend would and I still didn't remember him.

"Very." I whispered. "Is the princess really our only chance against whatever comes?"

"Yes Mystery."

"It must be that void."

"Yes but be careful Mystery, now you too are a target."

"I know, a Shade got me but how can I fight an enemy I don't see?"

"Just prepare, he'll show himself when he thinks the time is right, stand strong until than and you'll get your answers."

"Not all those I would want tho."

"Ah yes, woman are complicated but there is something all love."

"And what would that be?"

"Flowers."

"You want me to go apologize to princess with flowers?"

"Not apologize but tell her the truth, trust me it will hurt no one more than you two to leave this up in the air like it is, you already know how you feel."

"I sure do..."

"You really do, were you really just fascinated by her training forms and intelligence when you spied her before officially meeting? Do you really feel just like a mage and her queen? Don't you see all she did to try to judge if you felt the same from your reactions?.... Wasn't there a challenge issued between you two?"

"To guess all my secrets."

"She wants to get to know you Mystery, not what image you portray and she is already in deep in the maze of defenses you set up then any other individual but the elm under us."

"What does that mean for me?"

"You aren't fighting against it.... Look deep in yourself and you'll have your answer, now wake up, the night is new and you have a princess to serenade."

"I'm not going to serenade--" I said but noticed I had woken up so I sighed and didn't finish the sentence, I'm not going to serenade her.... Or should I?.... Should I? I don't have much to lose.

I walked myself to right under her window and up the wall with the help of the vines.

She had her arms crossed and her face resting on them.

"Hey." I said really casually making her snap her head to me, eyes red. I brought out my hand, making a rose bloom from a seed, she took it without realizing in shock that I showed up here.

"Highness you can't keep avoiding m--" The shutters got slammed in my face and the vines let go off me.

I let out an almost whispered cried of pain from the shock with the ground, eyes closed and immobile in pain before coughing slightly as I caught my breath again.

Staring up after that I saw the princess peeking down through an open shutter again, worried until she noticed I opened my eyes again and closed the shutter before open it again and throwing the rose out.

I caught it and with a sigh made a seed from it again.

I lifted myself again with the vines, crouching in the air like the first time.

I sighed, not knowing what to say or do as I heard muffled sniffles because she knew I haven't left.

I can't get her to talk to me...

I guess serenading the princess it is.

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

I felt like I was talking to myself as I stared at the closed shutters.

For one so small
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here don't you cry

I resting my chin in my hand that was on my knee.

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

I heard shuffling on the inside.

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

I pulled myself straighter a bit, I wasn't the one to get red faced but this situation dusted my cheeks with pink.

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

I saw the lighting from the crystals in her room tell me she might be closer to me then before.

Oh, You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say

You'll be here in my heart
Always

I didn't really look at her as she opened her shutters, never having had to deal with this.

Don't listen to them

'Cause what do they know 
We need each other 

To have to hold
They'll see in time, I know

When I finally looked at her she was more surprised than me that I would resort to this to get her to acknowledge me.

When destiny calls you,
You must be strong,
I may not be with you
But you got to hold on,
They'll see in time I know
We'll show them together

She leaned against the window sill, arms crossed and resting on it as she watch me, I tried again and pulled out the rose seed.

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Believe me you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

I held it out between two fingers, held loosely, she hesitantly reached for it and grabbed it herself and consciously this time.

Yes, you'll be in my heart
No matter what they say,
You'll be here in my heart always
Always
Always

It was silent as I was done, me awkwardly looking away as I did just do this and I don't know what she did because I wasn't looking.

"Umm." I said awkwardly as this was all new to me and didn't know how to go on. "Can I come in?"

"Sure." She whispered, almost trying to hide behind the rose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

818 98 11
"Oh, Sas... It's not just your obedience that I want." She ran her hand down my face, softly gripping my chin. Her dark gaze burnt a trail to the red...
3M 127K 42
She was the type to stare herself in the mirror and see someone else stare back. Someone who was free and light, being able to spread her wings like...
31 0 10
For generations, the descendants of the Fae King have been receiving pieces of a prophecy. It has been foretold that a chosen one will come to save A...
3.3K 292 47
A Steampunk/ Gaslamp Fantasy Romance set in the industrial revolution era of a fictional world. Magic, mad science, multicultural ambiance, and polit...