Be Mine? || Harry Styles

Від faithhood11

All Grace wanted to do was have a great senior year with her friends, Sammy and Liam. All Harry wanted to do... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 20

5.4K 118 2
Від faithhood11

Chapter 20

Grace's POV

"There is nothing to not like. You're perfect Harry."

Harry reached for my hand, kissing the back of it, but I could still tell that he was a little nervous. I knew that my dad would like Harry and I didn't fancy a nervous Harry. Something was a little unsettling about Harry being nervous.

"I...let's just go in."

I held his hand in mine as we walked through the threshold. I was excited, agitated, but excited. I wanted Harry to know all of my family and I wanted him to be comfortable around them. What I didn't expect was to see Liam as soon as I walked through the foyer. No. No. No. This cannot be happening right now. Liam's lips parted when he saw me and stepped closer. His eyes flicked between Harry and I before he stifled a laugh.

"Wow. I am so stupid." He muttered.

I bit my lip, knowing Liam was mad, and in front of my parents too. He must've come here looking for me.

"Liam I..."

"No. Don't even. You promised me. You promised me that you would stop seeing him. Just look at him Grace! How can you do this to me?"

"Liam...I...I have no excuse. I'm sorry."

"Do you even know what you said to me at that party? Huh?"

I looked over to my parents and they took the hint to escape to the kitchen. I gave them a small reassuring smile to let them know that I could handle this. Could I handle this?

"Liam you know I don't remember. I was drunk."

"You kept asking for him, calling out for him. You asked me if I was him and when I told you no you told me that 'I might as well leave then'".

I closed my eyes, rubbing my forehead to relieve the pain of a headache that was coming on.

"Grace, do you know how hard that was to hear?"

"Liam..."

Liam took a step closer, firmly grabbing my wrist.

"Don't touch her." I heard Harry's voice growl from behind me.

Liam pulled me behind him, shielding me with his body.

"Let's get one thing straight; you do not tell me what to do with my best friend. You've known her what? A month? I've known her since we were born. I'm not just going to let you come in and act like you have some weird freaking claim on her because you don't. Got it?"

Never in my life had I seen Liam like this and he had me temporarily at a loss for words. I couldn't speak.

"I'm not doing this in her parent's house. If you want to settle this outside, I'd be happy to oblige."

Harry was being calm, too calm and this fact shocked me even more. I was expecting him to throw a punch by now. Liam ignored Harry, turning to face me.

"Are you coming with me?"

"W-what?"

"Are you coming with your best friend? We need to talk. Please Gracie."

My heart ached at his pleading tone and for a split second I actually considered it. No Grace. You're with Harry now. Don't screw this up.

"I think I'll stay with my boyfriend. I think you should go Liam."

"What? Are you freaking kidding me?"

"You heard her." Harry said, keeping his voice low and even despite his hands clenched into tight fists.

"He's going to break your heart Grace."

"I'll take my chances."

My heart pounded as I watched Liam walk out the door. I jumped, startled as he slammed the front door closed behind him. I didn't know I was crying until Harry wiped away a fallen tear with his thumb. I didn't want to be so emotional but I couldn't help it. I felt like I'd just picked my boyfriend over my best friend and I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Why can't I have both?

"Tell me not to go after him Grace."

"What?"

"Tell me not to. I want to go find him and beat the sh...crap out of him right now for making you cry. Please don't cry."

"He didn't make me cry Harry! What I just did made me cry. I just lost my best friend."

"You didn't lose him. He'll come around."

"You don't know that! I hate this. I literally freaking hate him not being in my life. It totally sucks Harry!"

"I'm sorry."

I sighed, mentally slapping myself when I saw the hurt in his eyes. I reached out for him, wrapping my arm around his waist.

"Hey...it's not your fault. I love you Harry. I love you...only."

His eyes shot up to look at me, shock and confusion present.

"Harry, I love him... I do but it's so different from how I feel about you. It's a friendly way and with you...I just love you so much that I can't even think about anything else. It's like you're a disease that's incurable. I can't do anything but think about you...all the time."

"Grace...I love you so much. You have no idea how much."

"I think I do Mr. Styles."

I knew in this moment, I would do anything for this boy. He had my heart, all of it, and I really didn't think anything could change that. I just hoped and prayed that Liam wasn't right because I honestly didn't know what I would do if Harry hurt me.

.......

Three hours later, and Harry and my parents were still talking, occasionally laughing at something funny. I sat at my barstool watching Harry's every move, taking advantage of the opportunity to just stare at him. When my little brother snapped his fingers in front of my face, I jumped. I hadn't even heard him come down the stairs. I was shocked when he climbed up onto my lap. He'd always been an affectionate person but he was going through that pre-teen stage where he thought he was too cool for me. I was genuinely surprised by the gesture but I reveled in my joy, wrapping my arms around his waist and squeezing him tightly.

"I'm really happy for you Grace." My brother said, glancing up at me.

"Harry...come here." I called, watching him immediately turn around and smile before making his way over to us, Zander still sitting on my lap.

"Hey dude you must be Zander."

"Yeah I am. Hurt my sister and die."

I buried my face in my brother's back, trying to conceal my giggles. When I looked over Zander's shoulder, Harry looked at him with a stern and serious look but I could see the amusement in his eyes.

"Of course. I wouldn't expect anything less. I have a sister too man. I know exactly where you're coming from."

I smiled, pleased with Harry's response. The irony of this whole situation was just funny. My little brother was standing up for me, threatening my boyfriend while my older brother was upstairs chilling out.

"Hey you like video games Harry?"

I smiled. Zander was starting to sound more like himself now.

"Um...well...yeah but I really suck."

"Hey that's alright. Dude, you want to check out my new Madden game? Mom, can I bring my Madden game downstairs. Please. I want to show Harry."

"I don't care Zander." My mom said, leaning in to my father while planting a kiss on his cheek.

My parents were so gross but I guess I was lucky to grow up with parents who still loved and adored each other. I knew that not all kids had loving parents and I wished that weren't the case.

"Yes! I'll go get it!" Zander cheered, hopping off my lap and disappearing up the stairs.

I smiled at Harry, grabbing his hand and pulling his body close. We were almost the same height now that I was sitting on the bar stool. Harry cocked a brow when I tried to bring my lips to his.

"Baby you know I want to kiss you but....your parents."

"Harry, just look at them. They are the biggest suckers for love I've ever seen and trust me; they are way too wrapped up in each other to notice."

"I like them...your parents. I feel so much more relaxed than I thought I would be."

"I told you they would love you. I can tell that they adore you. You are so charming and...hey you are distracting me. Just kiss me."

Harry chuckled, bringing his lips to mine. As soon as our lips touched, we were pulled apart by Zander wedging his body in between us and holding his stupid game up for Harry to see.

"Okay stop sucking face so we can play!"

"Zander!" I scolded, smacking the back of his head.

Harry's POV

Wow. I loved Grace's family. Her parents seemed super chill and both of her brothers were cool. I found myself really relating to Zander though. As crazy as it was, I actually liked the kid. I knew what it was like to be protective of a big sister because I was a protective little brother myself. The only thing I didn't like about being here was not being able to make out with Grace. I wanted her back in my car, straddling my lap about now. I honestly didn't know how I could last without her touch. Just as these thoughts were running through my head, Grace climbed in my lap nuzzling my chest. My heart pounded just like it always did when I was around her. I smiled as she ran her fingertips over my chest. I laughed as her dainty fingers undid a couple of buttons on my shirt. I looked around for her parents as she snaked her hand around my neck, pulling my head around to face her.

"Chill out Harry. My parents went upstairs."

I swallowed and she nodded, a smile playing on her perfect lips. Zander was sitting on the floor, staring at the television while he played his game.

"Harry I never thought I would have to ask you to kiss me. Ever."

"Oh baby you don't." I whispered into her ear before my lips found hers.

Oh did I need this. I loved how Grace was kissing me, her tongue moving with mine. I could tell that she wanted me just as much as I wanted her. I had to be careful with her. I knew this. She was a virgin and I never ever wanted to pressure her into doing more than she was comfortable with despite my want to be inside her. I thought about being with her all the time now. I wanted to be her first and her last, never wanting to share this girl with anyone, especially Liam. Hell, I would flip out if anyone tried to get my girl. Anybody. I know one day she'll realize how much better she can do but for the time being, I hoped that she wouldn't. She'd assured me she wasn't going anywhere but my biggest fear was her leaving.

"I love you Harry."

"I love you too Grace...my Grace."

"Yes I'm yours. Always."

"You mean it?"

"Of course I mean it. I don't want anything to come between us and I worry about losing you just as much as you worry about losing me. I wish you could see that."

"I'm beginning to." I admitted, her words calming me and troubling me at the same time.

I didn't want her worrying about losing me but I also felt relief knowing that she was feeling the same way as me. If I was being honest; I was scared to death. I was afraid of this new relationship with her. Everything about it confused the crap out of me. I would definitely have to get used to considering not just my feelings but hers. I was so used to doing my own thing and not giving a shit about what other people thought. I honestly still didn't know if I had it in me to be everything she wanted but I would try for the rest of my life to give her all the things she longed for.

...............

After a couple more hours, Grace and I decided to go back to my house after my mum text me, inviting Grace to dinner. I drove to my house, holding Grace's hand in mine in between shifting gears. As I pulled in the drive, I turned to Grace, wanting to be close to her. I needed her in a way that I'd never needed anyone. I didn't realize how much I was missing out before Grace had entered my life. Maybe I wasn't even living. Maybe I should tell her about my dad's creepy note. I just didn't want to lose her and I didn't want to scare her either.

"Grace, I love you so much."

"Are you okay Harry. I feel like something is wrong."

"No I'm fine. It's just..."

I was cut off by my cell phone ringing, an unknown number flashing across the screen.

"Hold on just a second baby." I told her.

"Hello?" I picked up my phone.

"Well well well if it isn't my tough ass son."

I literally stilled, my whole body going numb.

"You better watch over your bitch of a mom and that sweet little number you call your girlfriend. What'd you do, pay her to be your girlfriend? God knows you couldn't hold onto a girl like that, tight little body and all."

What the fuck? How does he know my girl? I looked over at Grace then automatically locked the doors.

"See you around son."

Before I could respond or cuss him out, the line went dead. I pulled my phone away from my ear and just stared at it for a second. I couldn't even comprehend what happened just now. All I could do was lash out. I was used to getting pissed off and I felt like I needed to be angry. I threw my phone at the dash and saw Grace flinch out of the corner of my eye.

"Harry? What's wrong?"

I looked over to her and shook my head, my chest still heaving up and down.

"Grace, I have to tell you something."

She frowned and looked at me warily.

"What is it?"

"It's uh...my dad...he's watching us."

"What do you mean?"

"He wrote me a letter saying that he was watching and that he would see me soon. That was him on the phone. Grace, I don't know what to do."

"We have to take this to the police Harry. We have to." She said, looking around the neighborhood through the car windows.

I hated seeing her afraid. I never wanted her to be like this.

"Grace, come here baby. Please come here."

I held her so tight in my arms, never wanting to let go.

"Grace, if something happened to you, I would die. I don't know what I would...please let me be near you. You have to stay with me. Please don't ever leave me."

I knew I sounded mental and crazy obsessive but this was the only way I knew how to express my feelings and I did want her with me all the time. I needed her with me.

"Harry, you thought I would leave if I knew?"

I nodded, ashamed.

"Nothing is going to make me leave Harry. Please just have some faith in me. I love you so much but you can't be so crazy at times. We have to go to the police. You can't protect me all the time. You can't protect your family all the time. You're only one person Harry and this is sounding serious."

"I just don't know what he wants from me. Why is this happening?"

"I don't know Harry but we have to go to the police."

"Okay. We'll go write a statement tomorrow."

I pulled Grace into my chest, kissing her hair. I needed her safe no matter what. If it gets to that point, the point where I have to say goodbye, then so be it. She is not going to get hurt because of me and my fucked up world. I couldn't let that happen. I would rather never see her again than her get seriously hurt. That's just the way it is. As much as it hurts to admit, I would say goodbye if I had to.

"Grace, I want you to stay with me tonight."

The words were out of my mouth before I could even stop them.

"W-What?" she asked, surprised.

"I just..."

"You want me to stay with you? Like at your house?"

"Yeah...I just...I want you with me. Just for tonight."

"But your mom...my parents."

"My mum won't give a shit and...god I don't know what I was thinking."

"I could...um tell my parents that I'm staying with Sammy."

I sighed, shaking my head.

"I don't want to tell you to lie to your parents Grace."

"Well then I'll do it without you telling me to Harry."

"I just...with everything going on, I don't want anything to happen to you. I feel like you are going to go somewhere...I don't know. That is really stupid but I just really need you with me. I want to keep an eye out on you. I need you Grace. I love you so much and if something happened to y..."

"No. Stop Harry. I'm here and I'm with you to stay. Please just believe me Harry. I love you and I'm here. I'm here Harry."

I pulled her into my body, my heart pounding. The more I held her, the better I felt. Her words did something to me; they calmed me. I felt relieved by her declaration of love. Of course I know that she loves me but will she always want to be with someone who can't give her what she wants? I mean what about after high school? What about then? What happens when I move back to England? She wants to go to New York. Will she even still want me then? Fuck would that hurt if she didn't.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

171K 3.5K 24
Charlie Springs was always a good girl. She wasn't the normal rebellious teenager who went to parties and got drunk. She was the loner nerd who alway...
28K 470 32
He needs an assistant She needs a boss and a job He can be rude But sweet She is doesn't put up with his crap And he likes that
312K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
880K 40.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...