Lost (TIANA!!!)

By respectthebangs

In the midst of the unsettling calm that has settled on the Elvin CIties, Biana Vacker is snatched from the s... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Haunting Her Dreams
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
The Interrogation
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Escape
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Hideaway
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A Spark of Hope
Chapter 19

Chapter 12

935 18 109
By respectthebangs

Marella P.O.V  

Darkness. Dark, Dark, Dark. 

Silence. 

Cold.

Too Cold. 

It hurts. 

Hurts, hurts, hurts...... 

Dex P.O.V

I was laying in a hospital bed. The light was bright. The bed was uncomfortable. Those were the only three things that I was really capable of making sure of at the moment. I didn't even know what was real, or what was fake anymore. 

I stared up at the ceiling. That was a mistake, and now my eyes were hurting from the fluorescent lighting. 

I pushed myself up into a sitting position and blinked rapidly, trying to make sense of what I was seeing. I stared down at my fingers, flexing them around, trying to make sense of it. How did I get these scars? When was I ever in an area that would have allowed me to get burned? 

Thinking hard now, I turned around, and instantly I felt a sharp pain in back. Careful to not move anything, I turned my neck carefully and saw a large burn on my exposed back. What had I been doing? I racked my brain and tried to think of something, but my mind was blank. 

The door creaked open and there were five elves standing at the doorway, and one tall elf. The tall one had wild hair and a strange doctor coat that looked like it had some sort of weird animals on it. 

"Dex! Marella!"  cried one with blond hair and... wait. Brown eyes? She ran up and hugged me. "Dex, are you okay?!" 

I stared at the girl, racking my brain to think of a time I've ever seen somebody like this before. I couldn't think of anything, and so I gently pushed her away from me. 

She looked hurt for a second, but then she turned stared wildly at the man behind her. "Elwin!" she said. (so that was his name.) "You said that after they washed the memories, they could replace them!" 

The man (Elwin) contorted his face into one that signaled bad news. "Sophie..." he said slowly. "After they Washed him to stop the mind breaking, they gave him back all his memories of function like walking and his ability first, but... they couldn't give him back his personal things." 

Everyone in the group of five sucked in a breath at the same time. They stared wildly at each other and all rushed over to me. I tried to take in what had just been said. I couldn't have been washed! I was...I was... Who was I? I closed my eyes and thought hard and when I couldn't think of anything I opened them and stared at the five others carefully, trying to take them all in. They looked so different, but I knew they were elves because of the blue eyes, except that weird girl with the brown ones. 

There was a tall boy with strikingly teal eyes (where had I seen those before?) and chestnut brown that looked like it had seen too much hair gel for life. The boy standing beside him was blond, and his hair was also extremely styled, and he was about the same height as me. His ice blue eyes looked worried, and one of his hands was on the back of the girl with brown eyes, comforting her. There was another boy, this one with pure black hair and jagged bangs with strange silver dyed tips. Seriously, what was up with these guys and hair styling? His eyes were silvery-blue and he had the strange look of an emo. His eyes looked like they were drilling holes in my skull. Definitely a Shade. I looked away, as his eyes were making me uncomfortable. 

One of the girls was decently tall, and looked very similar to the Bangs Boy. They looked so similar. Were they twins? Twins were considered bad in the Lost Cites. She also had dyed silver tips and long black hair. They also had the same eyes. However, the girl looked a lot sweeter than the boy, and she had a look about her that made you think of the typical nice girl. The last person was the girl who hugged me. I was slightly wary of her, as she had those weird brown eyes. She was blond, and pretty short.  

Who were these people? What caused these burns of my back? When did this happen? Where did this happen? Why was I here? 

The blond girl leaned over me. "You should rest a little," she said. "We have to check on Marella, and then we'll come back to you. Don't worry, we'll explain everything. I promise. You'll remember again." 

As they turned away, the black haired girl with the silver tips stifled a sound that sounded like she was going to cry. Her twin rubbed her back, as they turned away from me. I strained my neck to see who was this Marella girl that they were heading over to. She was in a pile of blankets and pillows on the bed opposite me. She looked unconscious. I studied her, and winced. If I thought my burns were bad, hers were terrible. They covered her whole body, and made her almost look black and burned. 

Everyone was crowded around this Marella, making wild gestures and an awful lot of noise. If I was this Marella girl, I wouldn't be happy to wake up to what sounded like a menagerie of noises. 

Marella P.O.V 

Cold. So cold...

Too cold. Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold....

Freezing. Icicles. Ice everywhere. Frozen insides. 

Cold, cold, cold, cold......

Noise. Noise. Noise. 

Too much noise.

Cold, Noise. Noise. Cold. Cold. Cold. 

Lights. Lights. Bright, bright, bright, bright. 

Cold, cold, cold, cold..........

With what seemed like the greatest effort of my life, I forced my eyes to pull open, just so I could slap whoever was making that terrible noise that was ruining my subconsciousness. It took a lot of pain, but my eyes suddenly flickered open. 

This first thing I perceived where faces. Faces. Lots of faces. I knew these faces. There was..... I squinted and tried to count them and name them from what I could see with my blurry vision. 

Blond hair, with two little dots of brown. Must be Sophie. 

Lets see, this one was harder. Ice-like eyes, but that could be anyone, and a strange blond.. lump? Ohh. Must be Keefe That lump must be his horrendous hair. 

The next one was easy. Fitz. Duh. Who else has neon teal eyes?

The last two were also easy. The first, I could literally feel the darts coming out of his eyes when he stared at people. And the jagged bangs. Big giveaway. Totally Tam. Then the one beside him. Concerned looking eyes, long black hair, silver tips, no need to look more. That was Linh. 

There was somebody missing though. I squinted harder, but there was no strawberry blond hair, no striking periwinkle eyes. Dex. Where was Dex? 

Fighting the urge to sleep, I used all my might and shoved myself up. Immediately, I felt the ice-cold emptiness inside my gut. It nearly destroyed me, how empty it felt. 

"MARELLA!" was the first noise I heard, and my fist acted on it's own accord, racing in that direction. I heard a bang, and an OW, and I saw a disgruntled Keefe holding a hand to his nose. I glanced around quickly and saw that my squinty eyes had not failed me. Dex wasn't there.  

I sat up, and stared at the bed across me, where I saw somebody staring back at me. Dex. But the worst thing was the empty look in his eyes when he saw me. 

 "What happened?" I asked quickly. 

Tam looked dead inside as he told me that they still didn't have Biana and that she had gone with Ruy. The way he said it was like somebody had just told him that his greatest love just died.

Then Sophie stepped up and explained how some unknown flame source had freed them and destroyed the cave they were stuck in, and how I was found in the wreckage, basically dead. Then, she said slowly. "Dex, ummmmm, has been washed." 

"Why?!" I demanded. 

"His mind was about to break, and we thought that if we washed away the memories, and then gave them back, but altered them to make them less, well, heartbreaking, then maybe he would be ok. But, oh, it's all gone wrong!" 

I didn't believe it, and I stood up using all my strength and walked over to Dex's bed. 

"Dex?" I asked slowly. 

"Your name is Marella right?" he said. I wanted to cry in relief. 

"Do I know you?" he said again, and I felt like something had just punched me in the guts. The coldness in me has never felt colder. 

This has turned into a Tiana and a Marella and Dex story. Lol. I'm so sorry for making Dex lose his memory! I just figured out that it is going to be a whole lot harder for me to write now that Dex doesn't have his memory. Oh gods. Hope you enjoyed though, and please don't hurt me for hurting the cinnamon roll! Bye!!!!!!

Luna. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 464 55
Sophie Foster had many mysteries in the past. There had been friends and clues to help her. But what about the mystery of Keefe's legacy? The Neverse...
14.8K 518 58
Sophie Foster is torn. Between two lives. Two sides. Two selves. Marella Redek is afraid. Afraid of the fear. Dex Dizznee is not worth it. Or so he t...
54.2K 716 19
This story takes place after Sophie has defeated the Neverseen and before the elite levels. They have also never met Lihn and Tam. Sophie has defeat...
2.4K 12 181
The title says it all. Also you may choose the cover. Would anyone like for me to do a Part 3 or just continue this until the next book comes out or...