The White Clover (Black Clove...

By maki_neko7

What if the country king's child goes missing and she end up at a church with two other males? No one knows t... More

Asta & Yuno
The Boys' Promise
To the Royal Capital of Clover Kingdom!
The Magic Knight's Entrance Exam
The Black Bulls
The Other New Recruit
Go! Go! First Mission!
Beasts
Those Who Protect & The One Who Loses Control
Payday!
Determinated Declaration
Dungeon Adventure
Friends
White Clover
Princess
The Crimson King
Adversity
Strength
Resting Time!
To Nean
Cave Battle
We're a Team!
Licht
Thea and the Magic Knights pt. 1
Thea and the Magic Knights pt.2
Recovery & A Traitor
A New Mission!
Beach Fun!
The Underwater Temple
Battle Against Vetto
Hope vs Despair
End of Despair
Dream vs Reality
Never Again
Battle at the Forest pt. 1
Battle at the Forest pt. 2
Battle at the Forest pt.3
The Red Thread of Fate
Returning Home
Star Festival
Two New Stars & A Returning Princess
Hot Spring
Back in the Castle
Royal Knights Exam pt.1
Royal Knight Exam pt.2
Royal Knight Exam pt.3
Royal Knight Exam pt.4
Formation of the Royal Knights
Get Ready for Battle!
It's Begun
A Battle Against Friends pt.1
Attack On Hage Village
Release From Misfortune

Training

9.8K 423 217
By maki_neko7

[Y/n], Asta, and Noelle stared at the singing girl in awe. 'Her song is beautiful...' [Y/n] thought. Bubbles floated around her, the moon seemed brighter, and the ocean seemed more beautiful and livelier. [Y/n] grimoire still shined from her song.

"Whoa, is she a water spirit?" Asta questioned, and the girl stopped singing. "Eek! You heard that?" She squealed, "How embarrassing! Eek!"

[Y/n] gave her a confused look. "Well, now that you've heard me, there's no way around it. Let's be friends." The girl said and hopped down from the rocks to the sand.

'Friends...' [Y/n] thought.

"I'm Kahono. What are your names?" She asked.

"I'm Noelle; this is [Y/n]. The meathead is Bakasta." Noelle introduced.

"Who are you calling 'Bakasta the meathead'?!" Asta yelled, and [Y/n] giggled.

"Ah, so Noelle, [Y/n], and Bakasta the Meathead?" Kahono questioned, "What a strange name."

"Wait, don't you believe her! How naive are you?!" Asta yelled, "That's totally a nickname, and she's making fun of me! It's Asta! Asta!"

"I see. Nice to meet you, Asta!" Kahono said adn smiled.

"So, what are you doing out here, Kahono?" Noelle asked.

"I was singing." Kahono said.

"Well, yeah, I could see that." Noelle added.

"I was doing vocal training. I love singing at this spot." Kahono cooed.

"Training?" [Y/n] repeated. "Yep! I have a dream! I want to be a singing, dancing, magic-using...idol!" Kahono cheered.

"What's an idol?" The three mages asked in unison which shocked Kahono

"What?! You don't know?!" Kahono asked.

"Nope." They said in unison on again.

"They're all the rage in the Common Realm and Noble Realm!" Kahono explained, cheerfully.

"Oh..." They weren't really impressed.

"Well, you see...So, you see...Well...Idols are popular people who can sing, dance, and use magic." Kahono tried to explain, "I'm going to become a famous idol and get super rich!"

"So, you're after money?" Noelle questioned, "What's so great about money, anyway? If you have it, it just gets in the way."

"It's not in the way! Money's important!" Asta said while [Y/n] nodded.

"You never have to worry about not have money, Noelle-san, so you wouldn't understand." [Y/n] added.

"You can't eat tatoes without any money!" Asta yelled. "If you don't have tatoes, why don't you eat steak?" Noelle questioned, and [Y/n] gave her a deadpanned look while Asta fell to his knees.

"Damned royalty!" He growled.

"Yeah! Money's really important. I totally understand what Bakasta and [Y/n] are saying!" Kahono cheered then started shaking Asta's hand.

"Seriously, who are you calling 'Bakasta'?!" Asta yelled.

"Was it Kasta?!" Kahono questioned.

"I told you, it's Asta!"

"Oh, right. As-Oh?" Kahono stopped and looked at Asta closely then looked at [Y/n], "Bakasta, [Y/n], your bodies have weakened."

"It's Asta, damn it!" Asta yelled, and [Y/n] gave a confused look. "Weakened?" She repeated, "What do you mean?"

"Your muscles are pretty fatigued." Kahono explained. [Y/n]'s eye widened a bit. Now that she said it, [Y/n] did notice at her body was still extremely sore from their previous battle.

"Do you ache when you move?" Kahono asked, and [Y/n] nodded.

"How can you tell?" Asta asked.

"That's my power." Kahono said.

"Power?" The three mages repeated. "Don't worry. You'll feel better in a sec. Song Recovery Magic: Healing Lullaby." Kahono began to sing. [Y/n]'s eyes widened as Kahono's recovery magic pinpointed every spot at ached on her body. She felt much better now.

"H-How do you feel?" Noelle asked, and [Y/n]'s eyes sparkle. "I feel so much better!" [Y/n] cheered.

"This is awesome! I don't hurt anywhere anymore!" Asta cheered as well, "My body feels so light! My muscles aren't fatigued anymore! Thank you, Kahono! You're amazing!"

"I've never seen song recovery magic before." Noelle said.

"Neither have I. This is amazing!" [Y/n] cheered as she jumped around.

"Great! Okay, that'll be 100 yuls per session. Per person, of course." Kahono said which shocked Asta.

"You're charging us?!" He questioned in shock.

"Just kidding! Or Not!" Kahono said.

"You're really charging us?!" Asta yelled.

"Money's important, right?" Kahono questioned, and [Y/n] and Asta paid her, "Thank you kindly. Just let me know when you want me to sing for you again."

Asta whined. "My hundred yuls..." He cried. "That's just spare change." Noelle said. "How is that spare change?!" Asta yelled, and [Y/n] shrugged. "That's a royal for you." [Y/n] said.

"You're royalty, too." Noelle said to [Y/n].

"True...but, I wasn't rich growing up." [Y/n] said, and Kahono giggled.

"You guys are interesting. How old are you?" Kahono asked. "Fifteen." Asta said. "Same here." Noelle said. "Me too." [Y/n] said.

"Really? I'm fifteen, too." Kahono said with a smile.

"Really?" Asta said.

"Hey, let's be friends!" Kahono said, and [Y/n] smiled. "That's what I was thinking. Let's be friends!" [Y/n] said, cheerfully.

"Sure, count me in. You're pretty funny." Asta said.

"W-Well, if you insist, I guess I don't mind. I'm willing to be your friend." Noelle said, and [Y/n] giggled at Noelle's tsudere attitude. Kahono cheered and ended up hitting Noelle and Asta. "Oh, sorry. I'm so happy! I couldn't help myself." Kahono said.

"Really?" Asta questioned, and the four new friends tarted giggling at each other. Soon, they were formally introduced. "I see. So you're Magic Knights. That's amazing!" Kahono said.

"I-It's not a big deal." Noelle said, "It's to be expected for me. I'm royalty."

"I'm a peasant, though." Asta said.

"My situation is complicated..." [Y/n] muttered.

"So, what brings you to Raquey? Taking a vacation?" Kahono asked.

"We're on a mission. We're actually trying to get to the Underwater Tem-" [Y/n] and Noelle covered Asta's mouth.

"Bakasta!" Noelle yelled.

"You're such an idiot..." [Y/n] said with a sigh.

"The Underwater Temple?" Kahono repeated.

"I'm sorry, but our mission was supposed to be a secret." [Y/n] said.

"Well, whatever." Kahono said with a shrug, "So, what are three doing up at this time of night?"

"Well, I was training over there." [Y/n] muttered while pointing in the direction she came from.

"What about you, Noelle, Asta? Could it be..." Kahono said, and [Y/n]'s eyes widened a bit in realization.

"Wh-What are you talking about? Of course not!" Noelle yelled.

[Y/n] looked at the two of them and let go of Asta. "Ekk! The moonlight is so romantic, isn't it? The sound of the splashing waves also heightens the mood and...eek!" Kahono squealed.

"I told you, it's not like that! I was training, too! Magic training!" Noelle said, but she was still holding on to Asta.

"Magic training?" Kahono said.

"Y-Yeah. I can't give you the details, but I need to learn how to control my magic within the week before the next full moon. Otherwise, our important mission-" Noelle explained.

"I see. So, you want to control your magic...Hey, Noelle. Show me your magic real quick." Kahono said.

[Y/n], Kahono, and Asta stood on the rocks while Noelle displays her magic. "You can do it, Noelle!" Asta cheered.

"Y-Yeah! Noelle-san! You can do it!" [Y/n] cheered with him.

"Wow! Amazing!" Kahono cheered. Then Noelle's barrier dispersed. Kahono, Asta and [Y/n] went to check on her. "Good work! Now that we're friends, I have some advice for you. I think you're trying to hold in your mana too much when you try to control your magic." Kahono said.

"Listen closely..." Kahono said, and [Y/n] listened as well. "I listen to the sound of the waves to calm myself, so I can use my magic exactly what I want to do."

"Exactly what to do?" Noelle questioned.

"It might be just me, but I think true concentration comes from a calm heart." Kahono said.

"A calm heart?" Noelle repeated.

"I get it! I also feel like my best swings happen when I'm not thinking of anything at all!" Asta yelled while swinging his sword wildly.

"Would you shut up? You don't even use magic, and you're never thinking about anything, anyway." Noelle said, and [Y/n] covered her mouth to muffle a laugh.

"What's the kindest memory you have that brings you the most peace?" Kahono questioned. 'Kindest...memory...?' [Y/n] thought to herself, and she smiled a little. 'This should be easy for you?' Thea said.

"Kindest...memory?" Noelle muttered, thinking.

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

During the week, [Y/n] felt a little bad for leaving and not encouraging Noelle through her training, but [Y/n] had her own training to do. She hated leaving Asta with Noelle...

Alone...

...Asta and Noelle...

'[Y/n]!' Thea yelled, and [Y/n] yelped dropping her grimoire in the sand. 'You have to be focus!' Thea scolded. Emica floated in front of [Y/n]'s face. "Are you alright, [Y/n]?" Emica asked, and [Y/n] smiled at her.

"I'm fine. Just a little distracted." [Y/n] said. 'And a little jealous...' Thea muttered. "Quiet." [Y/n] said with a pouted.

'Focus...Mana Zone, remember? It's an advance technique that needs all of your attention. Use all of your senses almost like your reading someone's ki. Like Captain Yami explained.' Thea said.

[Y/n] took a breath. "Okay..." She said and tried to focus on the flow of mana around her. Until [Y/n] could see a bright light in the distance. "Noelle-san..." [Y/n] muttered and jogged in that direction. [Y/n] stopped and stared in awe at the big orb of water in the sky. "Amazing..." [Y/n] muttered, but Noelle was drowning in her magic.

"Noelle!" [Y/n] yelled, worryingly.

Soon, [Y/n]'s squad gathered around. "Noelle!" They called, and Noelle's eyes widened a bit. "You're always talking big, so what the hell is that?!" Magna shouted, "And you call yourself a Black Bull?!"

"All that awesome magic is going to waste." Luck said, "Hurry up and learn how to control it so you can fight me!"

"It'll be fine! Even if you mess up, you won't die or anything. Just take it easy." Vanessa said.

"You must be hungry. Hurry up and finish so you can eat this!" Charmy yelled.

"Even if you fall, I'll catch you gently." Finral said. "If you fall, I'll kick you back up there, so make it work." Gauche said.

"Just get it done, damn it!" Grey, disguised as Magna yelled.

"Noelle! You can do this!" Asta cheered, and [Y/n] looked at him for a moment, then smiled.

"Noelle-san!" [Y/n] cheered with all of her might, hoping it would reach Noelle's ears, "We believe in you! Please don't give up!"

Noelle looked down at them with widened eyes. Sure, Noelle did see [Y/n] as a rival when it came to Asta's affection (although she didn't want to admit it) But...[Y/n] was her first friend. Noelle's had many good memories with the Black Bulls, but she especially had the most fun hanging out with [Y/n]. She was always there for here. 'You're incredible, Noelle-san! I want to be like you. Never change.'

'Let's learn to control our magic together!'

A bright light shined from Noelle's grimoire and a new spell was added in. The waters calmed. "She did it!" [Y/n] cheered, she was so happy for Noelle that she could cry. Then Noelle's spell dispersed, and she began to fall to the ground. Asta jumped in the air and caught her. "Asta! That was my job!" Finral whined with tears in his eyes. Vanessa glanced over at [Y/n]. She was kind of expecting [Y/n] to be jealous, but [Y/n] seemed more happy than bothered.

"Could you not touch me so casually?!" Noelle yelled and slapped Asta in the face. "What?!" Asta yelled, and [Y/n] giggled. [Y/n] ran over to Noelle and embraced her. "I'm so proud of you, Noelle-san." She said, and Noelle's eyes widened.

In her whole life, Noelle's never heard those words from anyone. The person she looked up to the most... was proud of her. It almost brought Noelle to tears.

"S-Seriously," Noelle stuttered gently pushing [Y/n] away, "T-This was expected of me as a royal. There's no need to be emotional."

[Y/n] giggled, "Right."

"Alright! Let's celebrate!" Magna yelled, and he and Luck shot lighting and fire in the air to make fireworks. Asta looked up at [Y/n] from his laying position in the sand. She was looking at the fireworks in awe. Asta's eyes sparkled at her beauty. Asta blushed when she looked down at him with her usual cute smile.

"Do you need help, Asta?" [Y/n] asked while holding her hand out to him. Asta smiled a bit and took her hand. [Y/n] helped him to his feet. The hue from the fireworks gave a special highlight to [Y/n]'s beauty in Asta's eyes. He squeezed her hand while blushing slightly.

"[Y/n]..." Asta muttered.

"Hm?" [Y/n] hummed.

"I..."

"Reflect Ray!" A beam came shooting at Asta, causing him to let go of [Y/n]'s hand. "How dare you touch my fiancée so causally? I'll kill you!" Gauche growled at Asta while trying to blast him again. [Y/n] sighed. 'When did I agree to that?' [Y/n] thought as she watched Gauche chase Asta around the beach.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

576 29 4
Fear magic, you were created to be feared by your enemies, and you'll make sure you fulfill that purpose. You, originally being a Bête Noire in your...
200K 7.3K 123
Ranked #1 04/02/20 , 14/03/20 , 27/05/20 , 12/09/20 , 08/10/20; 16/09/20; 13/10/20 , 20/12/20 , 10/10/21 , 04/11/21 , 24/11/21 , 09/01/22 , 19/01/22...
229 22 13
This is an AU where Julius is his own person and Lucius Zogratis doesn't exist. The other 3 Zogratis siblings die at the end of the Spade Kingdom arc...
49.6K 770 41
Asta is a kid who was born without magic in the world that magic is everything... He went through hard times and finally in the age of 15, the five...