Perfect Match | SOPE ✔️

By sopemoni

COVER BY MY ONE BRAINCELL CARA 🐷 (@Yoongidique) ❝The only thing I could think about was having his lips on m... More

Perfect Match
address to the citizens
part one: initium finis
initium finis | 1.0.1
initium finis | 1.0.2
initium finis | 1.0.3
initium finis | 1.0.4
initium finis | 1.0.5
initium finis | 1.0.6
initium finis | 1.0.7
initium finis | 1.0.8
initium finis | 1.0.9
intium finis | 1.1.0
initium finis | 1.1.1
intium finis | 1.1.2
initium finis | 1.1.3
initium finis | 1.1.4
initium finis | 1.1.5
initium finis | 1.1.6
initium finis | 1.1.7
initium finis | 1.1.8
initium finis | 1.1.9
initium finis | 1.2.0
initium finis | 1.2.1
initium finis | 1.2.2
initium finis | 1.2.3
initium finis | 1.2.4
initium finis | 1.2.5
initium finis | 1.2.6
initium finis | 1.2.7
initium finis | 1.2.8
intium finis | 1.2.9
initium finis | 1.3.0
part two: venit omittere
venit omittere | 2.0.1
venit omittere | 2.0.2
venit omittere | 2.0.3
venit omittere | 2.0.4
venit omittere | 2.0.5
venit omittere | 2.0.6
venit omittere | 2.0.7
venit omittere | 2.0.8
venit omittere | 2.0.9
venit omittere | 2.1.0
venit omittere | 2.1.1
venit omittere | 2.1.2
venit omittere | 2.1.3
venit omittere | 2.1.4
venit omittere | 2.1.5
venit omittere | 2.1.6
venit omittere | 2.1.7
venit omittere | 2.1.9
venit omittere | 2.2.0
venit omittere | 2.2.1
venit omittere | 2.2.2
venit omittere | 2.2.3
venit omittere | 2.2.4
venit omittere | 2.2.5
venit omittere | 2.2.6
venit omittere | 2.2.7
venit omittere | 2.2.8
venit omittere | 2.2.9
venit omittere | 2.3.0
epilogue
alternate epilogue
author's note (revisited)

venit omittere | 2.1.8

3.4K 303 428
By sopemoni

In about two weeks, they managed to come up with a plan. Now, it was time to play it into effect.

Yoongi fastened his gear, feeling the buzz of excitement course through him. His second field mission. He looked at Jimin, who was wearing a similar facial expression as he was. Jimin clapped Yoongi playfully on the shoulder, giving him a warm smile.

"It feels like just yesterday you were a shy kid who couldn't even introduce himself." Jimin slightly teased. Yoongi chuckled at the statement, looking down momentarily at Jimin's chest, one that bore a mark of the Perfect Match.

A lot had changed in two weeks.

Hoseok was left astounded when Yoongi and Jimin broke the news to him. The truth of everything. Even that didn't change his mind. Hoseok devoted himself completely to Yoongi. Jimin was his first love, but that was all he was ever going to be. Hoseok didn't want to share Yoongi, much less attempt to have a polyamorous relationship. He stressed all he needed was his babies, who had still yet to be named, and Yoongi. Yoongi didn't bother putting up a fight with Hoseok about it. It wouldn't have worked out between the three of them anyhow. They would have destroyed each other. Instead, Yoongi focused on harnessing his relationship with Hoseok, finding himself falling more and more in love with Hoseok with every passing second of the day.

"Had Namjoon said anything before I went to get matched with you, Yoongi, things could have come out different."

Jimin wasn't as hurt as he thought he would have been. Surprisingly, his emotions weren't acting up. Although he liked having both of their company, Jimin knew that he couldn't get in the way between them, even if he was destined for the both of them. Yoongi was the most authentic match for Hoseok. So Jimin became content with becoming Yoongi's right hand instead. They had been training nonstop, to the point where now they could have recognize each other's movements— to the point where it felt like they were reading each other's minds. Their relationship had escalated to one similar to a Perfect Match, without the romance.

Meanwhile, Jungkook and Jimin had gotten closer. Jimin had approached Jungkook shortly after he went to talk with Hoseok. To Jungkook's surprise, Jimin was very amicable and asked Jungkook what he thought of the ordeal. Jungkook couldn't deny his attraction for Jimin, even if they had just met. Upon hearing Jungkook's confession, Jimin smiled, suggesting that they should get to know each other. It hadn't surprised them either of them that they had clicked extremely well, they were pronounced Perfect Matches after all. Still, Namjoon has given the both of them the option. It was unorthodox to perform a Perfect Match ceremony in October, but seeing as though Namjoon had already broken many rules, he didn't mind breaking this own upon Jungkook's request.

"We click pretty well, don't you think?" Jimin stated casually while walking with Jungkook. Jungkook's cheeks flamed, a small smile appearing on his face.

"I think so too." Jungkook said, his insides turning inside out. At least that's what he felt like. He couldn't really pinpoint what he was feeling, he just knew it left him euphoric.

They turned towards each other simultaneously, Jimin's eyes concentrated on the minor's. His eyes unconsciously darted to Jungkook's lips, before looking back at Jungkook questioningly, only making the younger even more nervous.

"I-I've never kissed anyone." Jungkook confessed, causing a small laugh to emerge from Jimin. He felt Jimin's hand caress his cheek slowly.

"It's okay." Jimin reassured."I can teach you. Just follow my lead."

Jimin slowly leaned in, letting his lips rest briefly on Jungkook's. He smiled softly before pressing his lips against Jungkook's with more force, feeling Jungkook's lips part at the impact. Slowly, Jungkook mimicked Jimin, until finally, they found their medium, their sync. Jimin grabbed Jungkook's arms and put them around his waist, an action that surprised Jungkook, but one he did not oppose.

They stayed like that for a few moments before Jungkook pulled away, cheeks flustered even more, lips a bit swollen. He took fast, uneven breaths as he stared at Jimin eyes widened. His heart was beating faster than normal —too fast.

"How was that for your first kiss, Mister President?" Jimin asked cheekily. Jungkook stared at him in wonder.

"It was perfect." he breathed."Be my Perfect Match. I know we just met but I know that you are the one for me. We can make it work."

To the statement, Jimin pressed his lips on Jungkook's, savoring the taste of the soft lips that had a faint taste of banana milk that Jimin always watched Jungkook drink. He pulled away, looked at Jungkook in the eyes, and nodded.

"Let's do it. I'll be your Perfect Match."

After that decision, it didn't take them long to look for Namjoon the next day. Namjoon asked them for reassurance and they both said yes. Because a Perfect Match required two people to mark, Namjoon asked Jimin to choose anyone he wanted to place the mark on him.

Naturally, Jimin chose Yoongi. Yoongi happily accepted, bringing Hoseok with him to the small ceremony. Ruby was also in attendance, smiling at the both of them. She knew Jimin would be a good pair for Jungkook. She had been with Jimin all these years. There was no one perfect.

"Are you ready?" Yoongi asked, holding the pen that would mark Jimin's chest and wrist. Jimin nodded, looking at Jungkook who expressed the same certainty.

Jimin shut down as the cold ink seeped through his skin and into his body, circulating and taking with it all of his emotions. His emotions, freedom, gone with just a touch. He didn't even wince as he felt the ink on his chest, wasn't fazed as Yoongi worked in concentration. He felt nothing. Yoongi stepped back, smiling at Jimin, before giving him a dagger.

"Slice your palm."

Without hesitation, Jimin did so, turning around to face Jungkook who had also done the same. They raised their still bloodied hands and pressed them against each other's chest.

Color hit Jimin all at once, his emotions hitting him at full force. He felt the pull of the Perfect Match claw his insides, embedding itself into his very being. Jimin watched as the mark, once a black, cold ink, now was brightened with color. His and Jungkook's colors were a combination of purple, pink, and blue, each color fading so the other one could start. All those soft colors overlapping, with them carrying the weight of both Jungkook and his emotions.

Jimin's heart flipped at the sight of Jungkook's adoring eyes. Ignoring the stinging he could now feel in his hand, he grabbed Jungkook's hands.

"I'll cherish you with my life. I promise."

Jungkook nodded, looking down, lips stretching into a bigger smile.

"Congratulations. Jeon Jungkook. Park Jimin." Yoongi said, his own expression nothing but happiness."You have been successfully matched together."

"We still have a few hours until we leave." Jimin turned to Yoongi."Are you going to hang with Hoseok and the twins? You won't be able to see them until we all come back."

Hoseok, although given the option, had opted to stay at base, stating that he wanted to stay with the twins. He also mentioned that someone had to ensure Jungkook didn't go sneaking into the mission. Jungkook had made it clear that he wanted to go, but all of them had refused to let him, especially Jimin who wanted nothing but to make sure his Perfect Match was safe.

Yoongi knew exactly how Jimin felt.

"Trust me. I go say goodbye to Hoseok, I'm coming back with a limp." Yoongi said brusquely, causing a laugh to emerge from Jimin."A limp and unimaginable pain."

"Yeah you didn't strike me as the dominant type." Jimin snickered. Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

"I prefer bottom thank you very much." Yoongi responded."If I wanted to, I could."

"Sure." Jimin nodded."Well, I'm probably going to with Jungkook. The kid's been whining nonstop about not being let in on the mission. Got to figure out a way to distract him."

Yoongi smirked at him."You sure it's not because you really love spending time with him? I know how the mark works. Look at how bright yours is."

"Only natural." Jimin dismissed, looking down at his chest. "This is what you and Hoseok had to deal with?"

"Momentarily. I took those suppressants remember?" Yoongi remarked, tying his shoelaces. 

"Maybe I should take those." Jimin half joked.

"Sure, if you want to cause Jungkook to suffer the same faith as Hoseok did." Yoongi said, standing up to face him."I'm glad you're happy. Really. You deserve it. Out of all of us."

Jimin raised an eyebrow, gesturing at himself."You could have had this but you got Hoseok instead."

Yoongi laughed at the statement."Watch it, that's my Perfect Match you're talking about. I will not hesitate to beat your ass if you talk bad about him."

"I'm not talking bad, I'm stating facts." Jimin said, nonchalant."Could have had me. But you didn't. Now that hair dye really must have corrupted your mind to think that Hoseok is a better catch than me."

"Go to your man Jimin." Yoongi grinned, running his fingers through his now blonde hair."I'm sure he's missing you like crazy. It has been an hour since you last saw him. I think I am going to go see Hoseok, my better looking match. I'll see you later."

Jimin snorted at Yoongi's statement, laying the last of his weapon in front of him. He felt Yoongi wrap his arms around him, teasingly pressing a kiss against his cheek.

"See you later, lover boy."

Jimin shook his head at Yoongi's antics. Weird to some, normal to them. They developed that greeting, neither of them complaining. He smiled as he watched Yoongi leave. His heart didn't beat as hard for Yoongi or Hoseok anymore. Especially now that he had a certain bunny smiling boy as his Perfect Match.

Satisfied with his preparation, Jimin began walking back to the compound, only to see his match in front of him. Jungkook smiled at him widely, showing off his bunny teeth Jimin had come to obsess over.

"Couldn't keep waiting for me any longer huh?" Jimin smirked lazily as Jungkook, looking at his chest, which flowed just as brightly as his own.

"You're leaving." Jungkook pouted."I have to spend time with you as much as possible. Come on! Let's go have lunch."

With a laugh and a quick kiss on the lips, Jimin let Jungkook drag him away, his smile never leaving his face.

a/n: who's soft? NOT ME (*quietly sobbing in the corner*) i did toy around with the idea of yoonminseok but ultimately decided against it because i love yoonseok a lot more. jikook stans this one's for you guys 😔✊🏻i know you guys exist out there somewhere. one question. just a teeny tiny one.

yoongi or hoseok?

that's all i'm asking. choose between one of the characters. genuinely want to see who people prefer. so please. choose either yoongi or hoseok.

thank you ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658K 14.7K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
355K 17.3K 78
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

129K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1.2M 47.7K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...