Be Mine? || Harry Styles

By faithhood11

All Grace wanted to do was have a great senior year with her friends, Sammy and Liam. All Harry wanted to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 19

6.6K 122 19
By faithhood11

Chapter 19

Grace's POV

As Harry drove me home, I tried to convince myself that he was only acting weird because of Gemma's new boyfriend but I felt like it was something else. Maybe I was just overreacting.

"Do you promise you're okay?"

"Yes Grace. I am fine. I just want to keep an eye out on you. Let me pick you up in the morning? We'll go do something?" he asked, looking out the rear view mirror.

It's like he was checking to see if someone was...following us?

"Okay yeah I would love to hang out tomorrow. What time should I be ready?"

"Six thirty."

"Six thirty in the morning? You mean like five and a half hours from now?"

"Yep."

"Harry that's crazy. What do you want to do that early in the morning?"

"We'll find something. I just want you to be with me."

"Um...okay but how about seven thirty?"

"Seven."

"Okay fine." I compromised.

At least I'll get half an hour longer of sleep. Wow I was going to be tired. I reached for the passenger side door handle before I felt Harry enclose his hand around my arm.

"Wait. Let me walk you up to the door." He said, looking out the mirrors again.

"Okay."

Harry got out and opened my door, surprisingly picking me up bridal style before carrying me up the walkway. He lowered me to the ground and before I could regain my balance, he grabbed me, crashing his lips to mine. I caressed his neck, pulling at his curls and receiving a moan in response. It's like he was using me to help him get his mind off of something. I didn't mind one bit. I would be a distraction for him any time of the day.

"Baby." He mumbled against my lips before his tongue began its exploration of my mouth.

My body shuddered as he captured my bottom lip between his teeth, pulling on it. He was turning me on, making me want even more with every passing minute.

"Okay okay that's enough...for tonight." He whispered, pulling away from me.

"And now who's the tease Styles."

"Grace I..."

"What is it Harry? What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I just...I...well I love you too."

I gasped uncontrollably, my whole world changing before my eyes. He actually did? He actually loves me? I didn't think I would hear those words coming from him.

"What did you say?"

"Are you going to make me say it again?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"Okay. I...love you Grace."

"Why are you so afraid Harry? You act like you've never told anyone that before."

"Well that's because I haven't. I've only ever said that to two girls...my mum and Gem. This is all new to me Grace. I'm trying and I don't want to lose you. I'm never going to let anybody hurt you. You know that right?"

"Yes Harry."

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow...well today...later."

"I love you."

"I love you Grace." He said for the third time, seeming to get slightly more comfortable with the words.

He was even grinning from ear to ear. He stood there until I was inside my house and I watched from the window as he walked away. He looked all around, into the dark night before finally climbing into his car and driving off.

................

Seven o' clock came way too soon and I mentally cursed Harry as I pulled my hair into a bun and applied minimal make-up. My plan had been to curl my hair and wear a dress but that just wasn't going to happen. I was too tired. So instead, I decided on my oversized Nirvana T-shirt and skinny jeans paired with my vans. I looked in my full length mirror and sighed. Dang, when did I get a pimple? As I applied some concealer to my face, I heard my phone ring.

"Hello?" I said, yawning into the speaker.

"Hey baby. I'm outside. No rush. I just wanted to let you know that I was here and to make sure you were up and safe."

"Yes Harry. I'm ready and why wouldn't I be safe? I'll be out in just a second."

"Okay no reason. I love you."

"I love you too Harry."

As I grabbed my leather purse, it occurred to me how little I know about Harry. Until now, I never thought it was possible to love someone so much and not know them at the same time. Well, I stand corrected. It is possible. I smiled, quietly making my way down the steps and through the foyer. I jumped, surprised as Harry appeared right outside my front door.

"I can walk to your car Harry."

He grinned, his dimples popping out.

"I know but why would you go alone when you have an escort."

"Are you sure you're okay...You seem a bit jumpy." I pointed out, noticing that he kept looking down the street and around my neighborhood.

"Oh yeah. I'm perfect. Well now I am." He admitted, snaking his hand around my waist and burying his face into the crook of my neck.

"Your hair is so long." I said while running my fingers through his locks.

"I know. My mum thinks I should have it cut."

"No! I love your hair like this. It's perfect. You're perfect. It's not fair for people to be so beautiful."

"Right back at you babe."

I giggled and his face lit up in an amused grin.

"What?"

"I love when you laugh."

I gasped when he scooped me up into his arms and carried me to his car. I rolled my eyes at him as he leaned inside, putting me down on the leather seat and pressing his lips to my forehead.

"You're safe and mine now."

"What are you a knight?"

"No but I can always keep you safe."

I cocked my head to the side, wondering what had gotten into him but I blew it off as he rounded the car before sliding in beside me. He'd assured me that everything was completely fine so I needed to trust him and have a little faith in him.

Harry's POV

I was beginning to believe that my father's little note was bullshit. I figured he wouldn't do anything. All I wanted to do was keep mum, Gem, and Grace safe. If I could do that, I had nothing to worry about.

"We have to pick Gem up from the house in a couple of hours. Her boyfriend is flying in this morning. You'll come to the airport with me won't you?"

"Of course I will Harry."

I smiled and resisted the urge to tell her how much I loved her. I wanted to say those words every five minutes but I didn't want to run her off either.

"Have you talked to Liam?" I asked, glancing over at her petite frame before focusing on the road again.

She looked down at her dainty fingers, playing with them. I could tell that being on the outs with Liam was bothering her. I was trying to understand that but what I really wanted to do was beat the shit out of him for leaving her unaccompanied and drunk at a mother fu...

"No I haven't."

I sighed, my blood beginning to boil.

"Are you going to call him?"

"I've tried. I text him and called him but he won't respond."

Prick.

"Well I guess he just doesn't want to talk." I muttered.

She looked at me, her eyes going wide in surprise. Shit, I shouldn't have said it like that.

"What I meant is; he'll come around."

"I know that's not what you meant Harry. You really don't like Liam but he's been my friend for years. I just want you to trust me."

"You won't leave me?" I asked, becoming more nervous than I should.

"Harry I've been chasing you since I met you. I'm here to stay as long as you want me."

"Oh god I want you so much Grace and I trust you. Of course I trust you."

"Good. Harry you don't realize how happy I am to hear you say that."

"I love you." I broke down, unable to resist saying the words.

"I love you Harry." She replied, leaning over the gear shift to plant a kiss on my cheek.

I'd never been so happy in my life. Grace's presence and company somehow managed to relieve all of my stress. I didn't even want to go out and drink. I only wanted to pour my heart and soul into this relationship. I was determined to make this work, to make her happy and I would do anything to keep her safe from my fucked up world.

"Where are we going Styles?"

I smiled at her, resting my hand on her knee. My hand trailed up her leg and I squeezed her thigh, attempting to get a reaction from her. I smirked as her cheeks flushed pink and her breathing quickened. I fucking loved being able to get her going in this way.

"It's a surprise baby."

"Well would you tell me if I guessed?"

"Maybe."

I chuckled as she stroked her chin in deep thought. Wow that's adorable

"Hmm...well nothings really open this early in the morning."

"Who said we were going somewhere inside?"

"What are you up to Harry?"

As I pulled off on a very familiar gravel road, I looked over to her hoping she would get the idea.

"We're going back to that abandoned house?"

"Is that okay?" I asked, becoming a little nervous.

She smiled, nodding repeatedly.

"Yeah it's okay. I really like that house."

"Me too. It's a little lonely but it's kind of become my favorite place in the world. I've been going there when I had a lot on my mind just to think....to think mostly about you."

"I see. Who knew you were so sensitive Harold."

"You and your nicknames." I laughed.

"I like them." I added, earning an adorable smile from her.

As soon as we got to the end of the road, I carried Grace to the abandoned house that I'd come to love. I laid her down on the picnic table, motioning for her to scoot over so I could lie down beside her. Something about lying on picnic tables staring up at the sky was calming. Being next to Grace was even more calming.

"Favorite film?"

"What?" she asked, confused.

"What's your favorite film...movie?"

"Sixteen Candles."

"Never heard of it." I said, absentmindedly running my thumb over the back of her hand.

"Oh it's great. It's an eighties classic. The character in it, Samantha Baker is so realistic and Jake Ryan is so hot."

I laughed shaking my head.

"We will have to watch it together."

"Okay."

She sat up a little, her blue eyes meeting mine.

"What about you? What's your favorite?"

"Don't have one."

"Hm. Okay...favorite color?" she asked.

"Green I guess? I don't know...gray?"

She giggled, causing me to smile without even thinking about it.

"Harry you really seem unsure about a lot of things."

I shrugged.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Red." She answered right away.

"Hm. I wouldn't have guessed that. How about food?"

"Anything with pasta. My mom says that noodle was my first word."

"Strange." I laughed.

I stilled as Grace laid her head on my chest but I immediately relaxed as her fingers drew circles on my stomach over my T-shirt. I was still getting used to this affection that meant more than one night stands.

"What's your favorite food Harry?"

"Um...that's a hard one. I would say...god that's hard. Pizza?"

"Okay next question...Let's see...oh I know! What would you do if you won the Lottery? What would you buy if you had all the money in the world?"

"Well ugh...I would buy my mum a house and Gem a house and I would give some away I guess. Why are you asking this?"

She shrugged but then a small smile appeared across her lovely face.

"Because I would buy a Lamborghini. That's my favorite car by the way but after that...I guess I would donate the rest. I really don't need a lot."

"Just a Lamborghini." I joked, laughing along with her.

"Yep just that."

I squeezed her hand, loving the feeling of her skin against mine.

"Okay I have a question now...What do you want to do after you graduate?"

"Um...Harry you've asked the one question that stumps me every day of my life. I have no idea. I don't know. All I know is that I want to go to New York but I wouldn't go."

"Why not? Why wouldn't you go if you want to?"

"Well my whole life is here. Sammy is here. My family and..."

"Liam?" I asked.

"Him too but...nevermind."

"No, what? Tell me." I demanded.

"You're here."

"Not forever."

"What do you mean?"

"Well I'm going back to England."

"Oh."

"You could come with me."

"Wait a second. You're asking me to come with you? Leave the country? What..."

"Not now. I'm just saying...I don't even know what I'm saying."

"Okay...so what do you want to do after graduation?"

I looked into her eyes, my heart going wild in my chest.

"Make this last...us."

She looked totally shocked and I wondered if I had been a little too forthcoming with that piece of information. Why does she have this effect on me? How come I am fucking in over my head? How could I let myself fall this hard? I sighed, smiling to myself. It was so obvious now; I had never had a choice in the matter. I was in love with this girl and there was no changing that.

"I want us to last too."

"Good. I was beginning to think you were using me for sex."

She laughed and before long I was joining in with her, tears practically streaming down our faces.

...........

"I don't want to fucking meet him." I muttered to Grace as we trailed behind Gem at the airport.

"It'll be fine Harry."

"What kind of name is that anyway? It's such a girly name."

"No it's not. You're just being bitter."

"Me? Bitter? No babe."

"I think just a little. You should really be nice to him. I'm sure he means a lot to her. Did you see the way her eyes lit up by the mention of his name in the car?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be nice."

"Good!"

I rolled my eyes despite my love for her caring and downright adorable nature. How can one person be so kind and considerate of other people? I don't get it.

"You're nervous aren't you?" she called me out.

"I am not fucking nervous." I snapped knowing damn well that she was right.

Maybe I was a little nervous. This was Gem we were talking about. My sister. Yeah she's older but that doesn't mean I don't feel protective over her. What if she's chosen a guy like our father, a nobody? I could feel my nerves building and taking over my previous calm attitude.

"Gem this guy better not be an asshole or I won't hesitate to beat the crap out of him."

My sister rolled her eyes, ignoring me as she pulled out her cell and dialed a number.

"Hey babe. We are almost to baggage claim...Yes Ashton I'm safe. I'm with Harry and his girlfriend...yes we are almost there...wait a second...I see you."

Within seconds Gem had stuffed her phone into her back pocket and was running towards a guy waiting for his bags by the belt. He was fairly tall and hovered over my sister as he pulled her into his embrace. He looked pretty normal. He had shaggy brownish blond hair that was tamed by a folded bandana wrapped around his forehead. I looked over to Grace as we approached them and I wasn't pleased to see her looking at him. Chill the fuck out Harry. She's just curious. She loves you. Grace lifted my chin up with her pointer and middle fingers.

"Chill out." She ordered, reading my mind.

"I know."

Gem and Ashton remained in each other's arms and shared a brief kiss before turning to me and Grace.

"Ashton this is my brother Harry and his beautiful girlfriend Grace."

Grace's flushed cheeks didn't go unnoticed by me and I pulled her very close, folding her body into mine. Just her closeness was heating that familiar feeling in my chest, sending a wave of pleasure all through my body.

"It's nice to meet you both. Harry I've only heard great things about you. Sorry I came on such short notice but I..."

"It's fine." I assured, praying to God he wouldn't open up his mouth about the letter.

I made a mental note to talk to Gem about keeping this whole thing between the three of us. I finally had Grace. I wasn't scaring her off now.

"Good. I'm glad. Gem has told me so much about you. She told me how you play the guitar."

"No I don't...I mean, I don't anymore." I snapped, thinking about my father's old guitar that I'd smashed against the wall of my bedroom in England.

After that, I hadn't touched a guitar.

"Oh well that's too bad."

My breathing calmed a bit as I felt Grace's hand trail up my back then back down, sticking her fingertips into the back pocket of my jeans. I smiled bending over to kiss her forehead.

"It's nice to meet you too Grace."

"You too Ashton."

I kept her body close, not wanting him to touch her. I was being too damn obsessive but for some reason, I couldn't help it. As Grace talked to Gem and Ashton, I looked around the airport, scoping the area just in case. Ever since that letter I'd constantly felt as though I was being watched. I knew the eerie feeling was more than likely in my head, but something just felt wrong.

We all piled into my car, Grace in the front with me and Gem and Ashton in the back. I couldn't wait to get home so I could take Grace out and leave the house. Being trapped in this car was stressful to me and I really just wanted to escape with my girlfriend for a while.

"I'm taking you out when we get back."

"Where?"

"Um...wherever you want. I just need to get out."

"Do you maybe...want to come over to my house?" she glanced over at me almost like she was afraid to ask."

"Um...like meet your dad?"

"Yeah and my brother Zander."

"Are your parents not working today?"

"No. They're home."

"Oh...well I guess we could if you want. That'd be okay." I said.

Of course I wanted to meet Grace's family but that seemed stressful. From the look on her face, I could tell that she wanted me to do this so I just nodded, knowing I couldn't deny her whatever she wanted.

Now I was even more nervous at the prospect of meeting Grace's dad. I had met her mom Lisa but only a handful of times. It was still strange that she was my boss. I should be working today but I had been working after school all week so Lisa gave me the day off. She seemed to be giving Grace the same days off as me. I was really nervous about meeting Grace's father though. What if he didn't like me? What if he thought I was trouble? What if they want her to be with someone like Liam? They'll see right through me. I wasn't proud of any of the shit I'd done but I wasn't comfortable with them knowing yet.

"Grace how much did you tell your mom about me?" I said, my voice low as I squeezed her hand.

I was very aware that Gem and Ashton were having their own conversation in the back and weren't paying attention to us.

"Harry you should know that I wouldn't tell her anything. I only told her that I was falling for you but that you were pushing me away."

"She doesn't know about my drinking? Or...?"

"No Harry! You should know me better than that. I can't believe you would think I'd tell her...anybody about that. I wouldn't do that to you. You never even told me about your drinking. I just found out. That's not my secret to tell."

"Don't say that. You know I would've told you Grace."

"How would I know that Harry?"

"Because...well...I don't know. This is annoying."

"What's annoying?"

"You asking so many questions."

"Well sorry!" she snapped, turning to look out the window at the scenery.

I looked in the rear-view mirror to find Gemma shooting me daggers. She looked over to Grace and then back to me with a look that said 'fix this and stop acting like an ass'. I sighed, becoming aware of how right she was, as always. I looked over to my beautiful girl, my hand finding her thigh and squeezing it. I could see her cheeks blush and she wriggled underneath my touch. I loved that I was able to get that kind of reaction from her.

"Listen baby, I'm sorry. I'm acting like an ass and you should be able to tell your mom anything you want."

"That's not the point Harry. The point is; you really think I would tell her or anyone about your past."

"No...no. I'm just freaking out about meeting your dad. You know I say dumb shit that I don't mean."

"Okay fine."

I could tell she was still mad and I huffed as we pulled into the drive. Gem and Ashton immediately scrambled out, no doubt leaving Grace and I to talk.

"I said I was sorry."

"I said okay."

"But you're still pissed."

"I'm sorry. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood Harry. I just wish that you had a little more faith in me. Why would you think I would tell her that? You think you don't deserve me but that's just not true Harry."

"Yes it is! You know it is!"

"So we're really back to this?"

"Back to what?" I asked, my eyes never leaving hers.

"If you make me leave again, I can't do this anymore. I won't."

Her words sent a sharp pain shooting through my body and I clutched my chest, convinced I was having a heart attack. Just the thought of her leaving me had become my worst fear.

"You told me you wouldn't leave me."

"Yes I'm here if you don't give me a reason to leave. I've told you. I want more. You have to trust me and let me show you that you deserve to be happy."

"I am happy Grace, more than you'll ever know."

"Okay so don't rock the boat. We don't have to go to my house. We don't have to and I really mean that. I see how worked up it's getting you."

She looked down at her lap before continuing.

"I just don't want to lose you Harry. If meeting the family is too soon, I understand. I'm trying to get where you're coming from."

"I know. I just....i'm not used to this whole relationship thing. This is a first for me and I don't want to lose you either. Please just don't talk about leaving me. I can't even...I can't hear that."

She smiled a sad smile before climbing over the gear shift to straddle my lap. I loved how she was warming up to me and was beginning to not be as shy around me. Both of her hands cupped my face and she smiled, rubbing her thumbs over my cheek bones.

"My beautiful boy."

"Are you trying to emasculate me?"

"No. Of course not." She laughed, bringing her soft lips down to mine.

I tried to not let my desperation conquer over me. I kissed her soft and slow, knowing that's what she wanted.

"You're so beautiful and perfect to me."

"I love you so much Harry."

I pulled her in closer, her body perfectly molded to mine. I was so ready for her and I know she could feel me becoming hard against her. She gasped, looking down and flushing crimson.

"I want you so bad."

"I want you too but I'm just not ready..."

"I know. It's okay. Let's just make out. If you ever want to stop, you would tell me, right?"

She nodded, grabbing a fistful of my T-shirt and bringing my face back down to hers. My tongue parted her lips, grazing her sensitive spot just above her teeth. I needed her so desperately but I was trying to keep it slow. My fingers trailed down her neck, over the curve of her breast and down to her abdomen. Her heartbeat was pounding as was mine. I hesitated before placing my hand between her legs.

"This okay?"

She whimpered, squeezing my biceps as my skillful fingers stroked her sensitive spot over her jeans.

"I...that feels..."

"I know baby."

My lips found her neck and I sucked at the skin below her ear, continuing my assault on her sensitive area.

"Please."

I smiled as her body began to tremble and writhe from my touch. She moaned my name, giving me a satisfied feeling that just didn't go away. I loved that I was able to make her come by touching her through her jeans. Fuck, that was hot.

"Harry." She breathed, still holding onto me.

"I love you. I love you so much." She whispered, her lips brushing my earlobe.

"I love you too Grace. So much that it hurts. I never knew what that even meant. How could loving someone hurt? But I get it now. I get what it's like because you are the only person who can hurt me. You could tear me to pieces if you wanted to and that hurts."

"It goes both ways Harry." She whispered coming down from her high.

"I know it does."

But do I really know? Does she really care that much about me? Do I really even have the power to break her heart? How could I mean that much to her...to anyone?

"We should um...get going."

She nodded, climbing back over to the passenger seat. Something seemed to have shifted between us in the short period of time since I kissed her. I knew exactly what she needed to hear but I was nervous to say it.

"Grace...I won't hurt you. I promise."

"I won't hurt you either Harry."

"You mean that?"

"Of course I mean it. Harry, I love you. You couldn't pay me to hurt you."

"Good baby." I praised, squeezing her thigh and smiling when her cheeks flushed crimson.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
4.7K 173 13
shota aizawa and hizashi, adopt two boys and later in life adopt a little girl. will this family survive all the challenges that is thrown at them? w...
21.1K 800 59
Agent Zaiarhys Maksimov, a special and an important asset to the FBI agency along side her partner She's independent, cold, emotionless, with a wall...
28K 470 32
He needs an assistant She needs a boss and a job He can be rude But sweet She is doesn't put up with his crap And he likes that