Break Down Your Walls

By writinggnerdd

"š˜”š˜³. š˜š˜°š˜­š˜­š˜¢š˜Æš˜„, š˜ŗš˜°š˜¶'š˜³š˜¦ š˜£š˜­š˜¶š˜“š˜©š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø." * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * š˜Šš˜°š˜®š˜±š˜­š˜¦š˜µļæ½... More

Author's Note
[1]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[Epilogue]
Author's Final Note
~I'm Publishing A Novel~
~I Am Now Published~

[2]

21K 470 413
By writinggnerdd

~𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠𝚎𝚍~

I stare at myself in the mirror, barely recognizing the person I am looking at. We decided to go with more of a casual professional look so I could feel more comfortable during my interview, but it's still way more than I expected.

The price was pretty high, but since it was my first time shopping there I got a discount.

We went with more of a cream colored blouse with a flowy bow on the front and a black pencil skirt with a small slit on the side and black heels.

My hair is curled right above my shoulders and I grabbed the most expensive, small purse I could find and accessorized with some gold jewelry.

I frantically FaceTime Charlie as I get ready to head out for my interview. "Girl, you look HOT!" She exclaims from the other end, her ice cream almost falling out of her other hand.

Of course it's half past noon and she's eating ice cream out of a carton, probably watching a movie as well.

"Do you think I'll get the job just by looking good?" I ask as a joke, but she just smirks at me from underneath her sweatshirt hood.

"I mean if it's a twenty-three year old interviewing you and you're twenty-one..." I roll my eyes at her comment, threatening to end the call.

"Okay, okay! Good luck, y/n! I'm sure you'll do great!" She waves at the camera before ending it for me.

With a nervous hand, I open the door to my apartment before making my way towards my car in the small parking lot in front of the complex.

I pull up to the huge building further into town, about fifteen minutes away from my apartment. "UK Casts" is written in big letters, parking spots surrounding the massive company complex being run by a young twenty-three year old.

My breathing is more shallow and goes in and out in short spurts as I grip my purse and resume. My ankles have nearly broken at least three times in these heels already and they almost do again as I am about to open the door to the building.

The door is made of glass and is huge and incredibly heavy. I am still able to manage opening it before going towards the front desk, the receptionists looking up at me in a similar apparel as I am in.

Seeing that I'm not being stared at because I am out of place brings more confidence to my posture and overall being.

The lobby is quiet, and also very white but black and white pictures line the walls of the CEO and Harrison Osterfield and other famous actors that were casted by the agents in this facility and deep down I hope that my picture will be up there someday.

I look more closely at Tom Holland's picture, his face seeming so familiar but I don't know how or why other than the occasional picture I had seen before.

I am taken out of my thoughts by a sweet voice saying, "How may I help you, miss?" I check the little clock on the desk seeing that I am about ten minutes early for my interview, but that's usually a good thing to show you're prepared, right?

"I have an interview with Mr. Harrison Osterfield at one o'clock for a secretary position." I say, trying to put as much confidence in my voice as possible, but naturally it shakes with nerves and hopefulness.

"Miss y/n y/l/n?" She asks, looking up from her computer.

"Yes." I confirm, still glancing about.

"I will ring up Mr. Osterfield now. Please take a seat over there while you wait." She points towards the seats lining the walls and I oblige after giving a warm thank you.

I sit right across from the big picture of Tom Holland, his features so harsh and stern but at the same time they're soft and seem to tell a story from the past.

I've seen videos of Tom Holland when he was an actor and he seemed so happy and joyful. I've only seen a few short interviews from on the streets more recently and he still seems sweet, but I can tell that behind the act he puts up, that he has walls built up.

I am once again brought out of my thoughts when I hear the soft squeaking of clean shoes making their way towards me. "Miss y/l/n?" I look up to see Mr. Harrison Osterfield looking down at me with a wide smile.

I pick myself up off of the chair and shake his hand while trying to give a smile, but I seem to have forgotten how the human body functions. His eyes look me up and down very sneakily, his eyes moving quickly. "That's me." I let out a soft chuckle and his smile grows even wider as he motions for me to follow him.

I do as I am bid, but continue to look about. I notice many different conference rooms lining the halls and I see how they look like a glass box with tables and chairs in them and even sometimes the occasional computer or projector.

We also pass by some rooms that you can't look into and they're labeled as the audition rooms. My heart sinks, hoping one day I'll be in one of those rooms not just as a secretary but as an actress.

"Here, we can take this room." His deep accent states, opening one of the glass boxes' doors for me. I step inside, the echo not quite as loud in the small and more filled space compared to the lobby and hallways.

"You may take a seat and then we can begin. Did you bring your resume?" He inquires and I place the light colored folder on the desk in front of him.

"Perfect." He says as he takes it into his hands. I study his features, comparing them to those in the pictures on the walls and even to Mr. Holland's.

His jawline is sharp, but is softer and less harsh than that of Mr. Holland's. His eyes are more...happy and tell of better times and even are gaining some lines from smiling so much under the sun.

I stop my usual analyzations that I do whenever I'm in a new place as I get prepared for my questions. I'm a people watcher, what can I say?

"Alright, Miss y/l/n, it says here that you've had some experience with customer service?" I nod my head at his observation and gain a well thought through but to the point answer in my mind.

"When I first started to really work in the world after university, I worked with a phone network and I did online customer service calls." I hope that this experience will somehow help me get the job since I would be dealing with appointments while also helping my new boss with daily tasks that they are too busy to do such as getting coffee and organizing files to helping organize events.

"Did you enjoy your job there?" He asks, eyeing me with a small smirk on his lips.

"I very much enjoyed working there. I loved helping people and giving them the information they needed that I could provide. I no longer am employed with them simply because they moved to a different city and I was not in the place to move with them." I reply, trying to show my loyalty to those I work for and it is seeming to work, but for all I know Mr. Osterfield could just have an excellent poker face.

"Why do you want to be a secretary with our company?" I decide that saying I want this job just to get to act is probably not the best idea.

"I enjoy helping people and being organized and your company seems like the perfect place to really do that. I also love being surrounded by acting and all of the little things that go into it." This answer puts a smile on his face and he asks a few more questions, my confidence growing with each answer.

"Let me go discuss your position with who you would be assisting and I'll be back in a few minutes. Feel free to stand up and walk about the room, but please don't wander outside of this room." I nod my head and after he leaves is when I start my analysis.

So since he is discussing with someone else that I will be assisting, I will not be assisting him. I wonder who this person might be: a female, a male, a kind person or harsh.

The fact that this process is going so quickly as well is quite strange. Any other time I have submitted a job application, it took at the least a week to learn if I had the job or not and now it is taking less than a day?

I'm left to my thoughts for about fifteen minutes before Mr. Osterfield enters the room again. "Alright. You're hours are from nine to five and your first day is tomorrow if that works for you. Tomorrow would technically be your orientation where you will learn your job and meet your coworkers as well as whose secretary you will be. Does that work for you?" He asks very quickly, the information causing my heart to race. I have to hold in my excitement until I get to my car.

"That sounds perfect, sir." I reply. I gain a few more details before I am able to leave.

Right as I enter my car I jump about, my arms flinging in the air in excitement.

"Yes!" I exclaim to myself, my hair starting to get messed up in the process as I go to call my best friend and tell her the news I wasn't expecting to hear.
~ ~ ~
I hope you all are enjoying the story so far! Please comment and vote if you are!

Also, please tell me if you want me to add more obvious comedy bits, or if what I have going on now suits your fancy ;)

Please, if you are English do not judge me for my terms or anything like that because I am full fledged American :D

Anyways, I hope you all are having and AMAZING week and I'll catch you in the next part!

P. S. Charlie is based off of my best friend so like— yeah okay just wanted to point that out okay byeee

~Aidan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 374 13
Book 3/3 ( Happening during No Way Home) Y/N believed that nothing could come between him and Peter, and that they were destined for a fairy tale end...
75.6K 1K 22
#2 - tomhollandimagines 03/11/2020 Completed Story Tom Holland is a mobster leader, a ruthless cold blooded killer. He goes to form an allianc...
2.4K 101 18
š¹š‘’š‘Žš‘Ÿ š‘–š‘  š‘”š‘’š‘šš‘š‘œš‘Ÿš‘Žš‘Ÿš‘¦ š‘…š‘’š‘”š‘Ÿš‘’š‘” š‘–š‘  š‘“š‘œš‘Ÿš‘’š‘£š‘’š‘Ÿ āœæ Who ever thought a villian would fall in love? And with the hero... āœæ Started w...
276K 6.1K 26
A friend recommended you to him, they heard that you were in need of a job and they said they know someone who needs a new assistant. What they didn'...