A Thin Line between Love and...

By ChantalAndrea01

Jasmine and Megan have always been best-friends since childhood. Now that they are older, they are both YouTu... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chpater 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
CHAPTER 49: Epilogue
Character Info

Chapter 31

3.8K 236 17
By ChantalAndrea01

Jaxon's POV

I was out to dinner with Marcy and I couldn't help but just stare at this evil woman. She smiled back at me and I almost laughed out loud. This woman was genuinely delusional; she really thought I was admiring her beauty when in actuality I was trying to figure her out. The fact that she was so OK with this fake ass relationship spoke volumes to me. It confirmed how crazy she really was. Even though I literally gave her the bare minimum of my time and attention, she took that tiny ounce of attention and ran with it like it was the biggest gift she had ever received. 

On my mothers life, I never called this woman, I never texted this woman, and I definitely never spoke about her around my friends. The only time I did anything with her was when she threatened me, like tonight. She was notorious for dangling that god awful sex tape of Jasmine over my head to manipulate me into doing things that I despised. I balled my fists together just thinking about it.

I took a sip of my water as I thought about this entire situation. I never told Jasmine about the tape that Marcy had on her because I knew if she found out about it, she would probably have a dramatic melt down. Plus, I didn't want Jasmine to have to worry about some shit that I could handle myself.  I swear to god I would do anything to protect Jasmine, even if it meant I had to deal with the devil himself. In this case, the devil was a woman and her name was Marcy. I smirked slightly. 

If I was being completely honest with myself, dealing with Jasmine all my life already prepared me for when I came toe to toe with someone like Marcy. And the good thing about it was, I haven't lost a battle yet. The devil on my shoulder appeared to discourage me: Technically Jasmine already left your ass. That sure sounds like losing to me. But then the angel on my shoulder gave me a valuable reminder: You aren't done with her yet so that doesn't count.

"Jaxon, hellooo???" I shook my head out of my thoughts as I begrudgingly focused my eyes on Marcy. "Where you even listening to me?" She asked all upset.

"No." I said truthfully. I could honestly say, when it comes to Marcy, I didn't care one ounce about how she felt.

"You're such an ass." She stated flustered. I stared at her blankly before I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. Saved by the bell. I gladly turned my attention to my phone and looked at the collar id before answering.

"That better not be that skank." Marcy said spitefully but I ignored her. Nothing she said would  matter at all after this weekend if my plans went correctly. I almost smiled at my thoughts, it felt good to know that I finally came up with a plan that would get rid of her for good. I put the phone to my ear. 

"Hey Megan, what's up?" I asked.  Marcy eyed me suspiciously. "Nope, I'm not busy at all." I answered quickly while smirking in Marcy's direction. Being with Marcy didn't count as me being busy ever. I glanced in her direction and saw that her veins began to pop out of her forehead. I loved seeing the anger creep into her face as she waited impatiently for me to hang up the phone. I didn't. I continued to listen to Megan, her voice sounded lower than usual and unsure.

"Hey Jaxon, I have to tell you something extremely important and I'm not sure how to say it." My sister sounded strange. I couldn't tell if she was worried? Upset? Maybe Both? I tried my best to reassure her.

"Megs, you know you can tell me anything. I promise you it can't be worse than what I've dealt with in the past month and a half." I chuckled humorlessly at how my life dwindled to shit so drastically in less than 2 months. There was a long pause on the phone and that's when I knew I spoke too soon. I decided to go outside to take the rest of this call. 

Once outside, I made sure that my sister was still on the phone because she still hadn't said anything else to me. "Megan? What's up. Speak to me." I could hear her groan heavily into the phone before another long pause. 

"I'm trying to figure out how I should say this." She said hesitantly.

"Don't think about it. Just say it."  I encouraged. She had me sweating bullets trying to figure out what was going on.

"Ok Jax. So, two weeks ago, I had a feeling that something was up with Jasmine..." Of course something was wrong, the woman got shot and it was all my fault. I thought to myself. During her recovery, I knew something was definitely wrong when I realized she couldn't even be in the same room as me. Megan continued. "Well she's..." Before Megan could finish her thought, I heard what sounded like the phone dropping and a loud scuffle ensuing in the background. "Megan?" I called but there was no answer. I called her name a few more times but she couldn't hear me. 

That's when I  heard unintelligible screaming and yelling coming from Jasmine. Soon, I heard Megan out scream her while dropping the F bomb multiple times. Eventually the phone line finally cut off. What the hell? I tried calling her back several times but my sister didn't answer. I didn't know if I should head right over to her place or just wait it out. 

I traveled back inside the restaurant, ready to end this night with Marcy much to my happiness but her dismay. I didn't give a damn. I tapped my leg anxiously as I waited on the server to bring the check. Right when I signed my signature, I received a text message. I was shocked as I peered down at the screen. Jasmine was the last person I would have ever expected to message me tonight.

Jasmine: We need to talk.  

She was blunt and straight to the point. There was no small talk like, what's up or how have you been for the last month and a half?  I didn't even know how to respond. Did I tell her I missed her? Do I keep it platonic? Marcy scowled at me before trying to snatch my phone out of my hand.

"Who the hell are you texting Jaxon?" I shoved my phone back into my pocket and pushed Marcy's hands away from me. I would text Jasmine back when Marcy wasn't breathing down my throat. 

"It's nothing. Lets go." I said emotionless. I drove Marcy home before opening up my messages to respond to Jas. I looked at the text for far too long, contemplating on what I should say. I was overthinking this big time.

Jaxon: It's nice to hear from you...And of course we can talk. Time and Place?

Jasmine: My house, now.  

My heart sped up. I wasn't expecting her to ask us to meet so soon. I was both excited but nervous. I knew that, whatever Jasmine was going to say, it was important. If whatever this is caused my sister and Jasmine to argue like they did on the phone earlier tonight, I had no doubt in my mind that it was probably something life altering. If it wasn't I would kill them both for putting me through this. I hoped to god there wasn't any complications going on with Jasmine due to her injury.

 I anxiously drove in silence to my sisters house. It seemed like the longest 20 minutes of my life. When I drove up to the house I texted Jasmine that I was there. Not even 2 minutes later and Jasmine was walking out of the house looking more disheveled than she usually looked. Instead of the well put together woman I'm so used to, Jasmine looked like she didn't care about shit. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun instead of flowing effortlessly around her head like usual. She also wore a large over-sized jacket with some sweats that were clearly 5 sizes to big.  Which man did she get that outfit from? I thought miserably to myself. Despite all of that, she was still beautiful. It was amazing how she could be so effortlessly beautiful even when she didn't try. I observed her face as she walked towards my car. Her eyes were dark and sunken. Jasmine looked like she'd been crying nonstop for days. I watched her as she opened my car door and flopped down in the seat next to me. At first, I didn't know what to say or how to approach her. But then I just started speaking.

"I'm sorry Jasmine." My voice was low and steady as I continued. "I was supposed to protect you from that man but I fucked up big time." My words fumbled out of my mouth before I could catch myself. I needed her to know how I felt. 

My apology was met with silence which prompted me to peer over in her direction. Her eyes were closed and tears were slowly streaming down her face. I couldn't help myself when I reached over and swiped a tear away while savoring the feel of her soft skin. It had been too long since I held this woman. But my indulgence was short lived as Jasmine instantly opened her eyes and cringed back from my touch.

"Don't touch me Jaxon. I'm fine." I pulled back, heading her wishes. I didn't say anything. I just waited for her to take the lead in all of this. I was curious to know what she had to say.

"Urgh." She groaned. "I don't know how to tell you this. I feel like if I say this out loud it makes it all so real." I was so confused.

"Makes what real?" I questioned. She didn't say anything for another moment. So I just waited for her to compose herself.

"Fucking Megan had to go and-" She stopped mid sentence and face-palmed herself before looking over at me and shaking her head repeatedly. She looked like she was warring with her inner self. After a moment, she continued without pretense.

"I'm pregnant Jaxon." The words that flowed out of Jasmine's mouth nearly gave me a heart attack. I leaned my head back and squinted my eyes ever so slightly, shaking my head to make sure I heard her correctly. Did she just say what I thought she said? I just stared at her, stunned. Was Jasmine fucking with me? But then I stared deeply into her brown swollen eyes and saw how much anguish laid there. That's when I knew for a fact that this wasn't a joke.

*********************************************

Vote + comment please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.7K 39
A story about a Delinquent and a goody two shoes who has different perspectives but has romantic feelings towards each other. Will it work out for th...
24.6K 1.1K 55
Carter Grayson is a handsome but awkward 18 year old. His boyish charms, dark red hair, and blue eyes are enough to make any girl swoon, and they do...
268K 9.5K 33
Noalani is trying to become a successful lawyer and she's determined to let nothing get in the way. She meets Dillon at her new job working at a reno...
266K 8.6K 36
a simple yet beautiful hard-working girl falls in love with simply the wrong but the right guy at the same time, jasmine white is a 24 years old wom...