Welcome home - One Piece x Re...

By 48Daydreamer

(y/n) was blessed with the opportunity to grow up with the rowdy ASL trio but has no desire in her heart to b... More

Found
ASL and you
Paths diverge
Waves of Emotions
Law and Order?
Living with Law
Time to Prepare
You're Late
Since we've been Parted
Heated discussions
Festival of Freedom Begins
Fireworks and Feelings
Meeting Pops in Person
Party till we Part
Back to Basics and Baking
Market Madness
Well... It's not a bullet wound
Do I really need to explain?
Invisible shackles
My sincerest apology
Good news?
I Swear
You should've asked!
That's a lot of... pink
Going once... Going twice...
Please doughnut disturb!
Working Mirror-cles
Probabilities and Possibilities
What just happened?
Ex-straw-ordinary people
Eat! Drink! Talk!
Up to their own devices
While you were gone
Sharing is Caring
Too early in the morning...
Sunny with a smile
Sunny with a Splash
Sunny under the stars
Goodbye for now...
I Spy
Seeing is believing
Sweet misunderstandings
A Whole Cake Welcome
Big Mom's tea party
Time is precious
Time Taken and Time Restored
✨You decide✨
To be beautiful
Important message
True harmony
Cold truth for Sweet tooth
Time to say goodbye
Uninvited Guest
Lesson learned?
Surprisingly Civil
Day off
Doctor says
...
Familiar Stranger
Finally Found You
Awkward Reunion
Not yet
Stone Walls
(Y/n) x reader - Special?
Pancakes and Halos
~Hiatus~
Let's just talk
Let's Just Talk - Part 2
Morning After

Am I in trouble?

24.8K 1K 735
By 48Daydreamer

Thanks for waiting ya'll. We got there eventually. Only thing I own is the plot so yeah.... try to enjoy

You woke up to the sound of the trees rustling outside, and a few birds. It was a big change from the sound of clanking metal from Kid's room. It's been exactly four days since Kid and Killer have left the island. You've finally gotten used to not having to wake up to the sound of Kid tinkering around in the guest room. And yes, you missed them but there was no time to mope. You still had a bakery to run. Unfortunately, Kid's appearance got rumours spreading so now you have to try and keep a low profile. At least that's what you were aiming for.

You slowly cracked your eyes open, wondering how necessary it was for you to get out of bed at this moment in time. 

*Growl*

Your stomach decided it was very necessary. Stretching slightly, you slipped out of bed and started to fix your hair. It was still kind of early so you allowed yourself to take it easy.  You started to intertwine your flowers as you made your way downstairs in your (f/c) oversized hoodie.

"I could totally do with some French toast... I haven't had that in a while" you yawned as you strolled into the kitchen.

You were humming some random notes, as you started to pull out some pans and mixing bowls. Of course you also got the ingredients necessary to make your breakfast. The sweet sound of  sizzling of your toast was music to your ears and joy to your stomach.

'I think I may have made too much mix' you sighed.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

You almost dropped your spatula when you heard the door, a small yelp slipping out. It was one of those knocks where they weren't exactly angry but they weren't pleased either.

"It's still really early... What could anyone possibly want at a time like this?" you muttered to yourself.

After turning off the fire and dusting off your hoodie; you cautiously made your way over to the entrance, before the person outside actually broke your door down.

"Hey, don't you think you're being a bit rough?" you heard a muffled voice outside.

"I never asked to be here! Everytime that old man hears a rumour he just has to chase it up. Or more accurately, we have to chase it up!  I just want to get this over with and move to the next island!" an angry voice said.

"But we are also here on official business as well. At least try to take this seriously" The other voice pleaded.

'Someone seems full of joy this morning' you sarcastically told yourself. 'I don't recognise those voices. Who is outside my house right now?'

You were going to try and peak through the window but it seems the calmer voice spotted your shadow passing under the door.

"Um Excuse me! We can see that you're home! Is it possible for you to open the door? We have a few questions for you." He called.

'Whoops... well might as well go and open it' you sighed.

"Just a minute!" You called as you slowly unlocked your door.

Once unlocked, you cracked the door open just enough for you to poke your head around. Sadly nothing could prepare you for the shocking sight in front of you. Two young men were standing on your doorstep, both proudly sporting the navy uniform. One was just a little bit taller than you with shaggy pink hair, tied back with a yellow bandana and glasses. He had a small cross like scar on his forehead and when he saw you his cheeks tinted pink. His friend was a lot taller than him. His hair was long and blonde sleeked back with grease. He wore a white shirt with a green vest over it along with an odd looking black visa. At first he seemed a little mad but upon seeing your slightly shaken form, he seemed to calm down considerably.

'Universe... care to explain why the navy is on my doorstep?' You calmly asked in your head.

"I'm very sorry, I just woke up. Is there something I can help you with?" You apologetically smiled.

'Like the directions back to sea... No, I shouldn't think like that, I just need to be normal'

As if being snapped out of a daze the pink haired guy stepped forward and offered a friendly smile.

"I'm really sorry about my friend waking you, but we have a few questions for you"

"Am I in trouble?" You asked, clutching the door.

"That depends on how you answer these questions" The blonde stated, which earned him a small nudge to the ribs from his partner.

"There's no need to make it sound so terrifying" the pink guy sighed then looked to you. "I'm really sorry about him, we've been doing this a lot recently" He laughed nervously as he scratched the back of his neck.

"It's fine, I understand"

"Is it alright if we come inside?" He asked.

"I don't know how I feel about that. I don't even know who you are?" you pointed out now fiddling with a strand of your hair.

The shorter man blinked in surprise then went completely red and started waving his hand in front of his face.

"You're right! You're absolutely right! I'm so sorry! that must've come off so rude! I'm really really sorry!" he yelled.

"Dude calm down" The blonde yawned.

'Oh my gosh he's so cute! someone please protect this sweet man!' You gushed, as you watched the two of them and let a giggle slip.

"It's okay, I can clearly see you meant no ill intent" you giggled

"R-Right! I'm really sorry about that. My name is Koby, and I'm a marine soldier in the 153rd branch of the navy. This here is my partner Helmeppo. He also works as a marine in the 153rd branch" He gestured to his friend who just nodded. "Can I know your name?" He shyly looked away.

'Looking at them, they don't seem like bad people. I don't really sense any potential threat from them' you smiled, and opened your door wider.

"My name is (Y/n)! It's a pleasure to meet you"

You walked back into your home allowing your new guests to follow. You unfortunately failed to see the two men jump at the mention of your name. Before they could ask further you spun around on your heel and faced them both.

"Before any questions are asked I'd like to change into something more appropriate . Could you guys just wait in the living room, and I'll be with you shortly" You said as you pointed to the living room.

It seemed that only then they'd picked up on your dress code. It was cute. Even though your hoodie was baggie it was still a bit revealing. It showed of your (s/c) legs so well and complimented your curvy hips. You looked good, but it wasn't appropriate for two men you didn't know in your home. Their cheeks tinted pink as they both averted their eyes and nodded.

"Th-That's fine!"

"Y-Yeah! We'll just be in here waiting!"

'Cute...' you smiled. 'Don't fret my sweet toast I'll be back for you as well'

------------------------------------------------------------------

You got changed into a plain white long-sleeve top with a red shoulder-strap skirt. Your hair was brushed to one side so that it was either to the right or down your back.

"I'm back!" you called as you shuffled down the stairs. "Is uh... something the matter?" you asked when you saw Helmeppo ending a call on his den den mushi.

"No everything's fine! We're just giving our location to our boss" Koby smiled reassuringly. "He said he needed to know. He sounded pretty eager now that I think about it, but don't worry he's really nice..."

"Oh ok..." you muttered.

' Great, now the boss is coming as well. I really want to question him further... but he seems so pure... doubting him feels like a sin...' You watched as Helmeppo sat back down next to his friend.

*Growl*

You were mortified.

'Stomach!!! Why have you betrayed me in such a disgusting manner stomach!?' you blushed as your hands shot to your face.

"Oh. My. Gosh. I am so sorry! I haven't exactly had breakfast yet and- *Growl*" you stopped.

You looked over to a very red and completely embarrassed Helmeppo. This was then followed by a small giggle from a very amused Koby.

"As you can see, you're not the only one" Koby laughed as his friend started shouting at him to stop.

After a moment you couldn't help but laugh as well. It was contagious.

"If it's ok with you guys, I made a bit too much mix for breakfast. I don't mind making some food for you all, It would only go to waste if you didn't" You laughed as you pointed to the kitchen.

"That's definitely the best idea I've heard all day!" Helmeppo stated as he went to sit closer to the kitchen.

"We'd really appreciate that... Ms (Y/n)" Koby moved to sit next to his freind.

You smiled and went to continue making your French toast.

"Hey (Y/n) you don't seem to have any family pictures, Is there any particular reason?" Helmeppo carefully asked.

"Well I'm actually an orphan. I don't know who my parents are and by the tme I did find a family it was snatched from me... That's why I don't have any pictures" you sighed.

"I see.. I'm very sorry Ms (Y/n)" Koby looked over to his partner and nodded. "You said that your family was taken from you?"

"Well it's more like I was taken from them... It's the reason why I am here right now. The reason this whole town exists, but I'm happy... The results were worth it" you smiled to yourself. "Here's your toast" you brought out two plates of toast for your guests.

"Woah! This looks incredible! Thank you!" Koby admired.

"Thank you!" Helmeppo wasted no time consuming the bread.

"No problem" you giggled as you walked back to get your own toast and sit with them.

You took a bite and smiled in satisfaction.

"I actually have a question for you guys" you suddenly piped up.

"Sure" Helmeppo gulped down a large piece of toast.

"I mean no disrespect, but why are you here? This is definitely the first time that the navy has come to this island since it's been here... Did something happen?"

Koby and Helmeppo stopped eating and looked to each other in a nervous way. Koby then sighed and put down his toast.

"Well you see Ms (Y/n)... There was a rumour going around that the people on this island have been hosting quite a few pirates recently"

"Very dangerous ones at that!" Helmeppo added.

"We've been sent to check it out... The person behind it needs to answer to our boss" He says seriously. "I almost feel bad for them... every time he finds the poor guy he beats them half to death"

*Cough* *Cough*

'He WHAT!?' your eyes widened. 'Is this how I die?'

  "We've actually got one last question for you. You wouldn't happen to know-?"

*Crash*

"Where is she!?" The old man who just punched a hole in your wall screamed.

Actually everyone screamed. Nobody had any idea what was going on. Before the cloud of dust could even begin to settle you saw a figure make his way towards the table.

"You two have got some serious nerve" he cracked his knuckles. "I asked you to question her not have breakfast"

"A-a-ah G-Garp sir! W-Wait we can-!"

*Thwack* *Thwack*

"I don't want to hear your excuses" he grumbled to the two unconscious men.

'...could it really be?...' your eyes become glossy as the dust begins to settle.

"...Grand-pa?..."

"...(Y/n)..."

"Grand-pa... WHY DID YOU DESTROY MY HOUSE!?!" You yelled.

"Hahaha! (Y/n)! I'm so glad you haven't lost respect for your old man! You haven't changed at all!" Garp laughed as he scooped you up into a huge hug.

"Neither have you grand-pa" you sighed "still as eccentric as I remember you. Seriously, why couldn't you use the door?" You frowned at the gaping hole in the wall, then looked back to him.

"Zzzzzz.....Zzzzzzzz...."

'HE'S ASLEEP?!' You looked up at him in shock. He was still holding you in his arms; his head rhythmically nodding to his own snores.

"I wanted to surprise you!" He beamed

'HE'S AWAKE!?' You were completely baffled, but after a few seconds you giggled. He was as childish as Luffy but had the qualities of Ace.

"I was very surprised!" You laughed and he laughed and patted your head.

————————————————————————————
Obviously this was still your house so there was no way that you'd just let Garp barge in without fixing his mess. Grandpa or not, he had to take responsibility for his actions. You gave him a good lecture whilst him and a few other marine soldiers repaired your wall. You didn't let Koby and Helmeppo help because you were trying to see how much damage your grandfather had done to them.

"So what you're saying... is that in order to find me, you went on a wild hunt for a person with the sole description of helping out pirates?" You raised a brow as you placed a plaster on Helmeppo's head.

"Yes" they all said in unison.

"That's so vague!" you yelled. "You would've run into lots of people with the same description!"

"Trust me... we did..." the blonde grumbled unhappily.

"Everytime it wasn't you he'd beat the person half to death from disappointment..." Koby sighed as he shifted the bag of ice on his head.

'Why can I picture that so clearly' you sighed.

"But we found you now so there's no problem!" Garp laughed as everyone around him sweat dropped. "I had faith that you would keep your promise to me and those two brats... so I had to find you. Find you and apologise for not being there when you needed me"

"Grandpa?" You asked concerned

"I don't deserve to be called that! Don't call me that!" He bawled. "I'm sorry I let them take you away from me!"

You walked over and soothingly rubbed his back as he bawled. You could see some marines were sniffling as well.

"It seems everyone is blaming themselves for my capture" You smiled sadly. "Grandpa... Don't tell me that I can't call you that. You were the first person to actually claim me as family. It made me so happy. Please don't say that I can't call you that, you'd be taking the only family I have away from me" you smiled as he looked up to you.

"...Ok" he stopped crying immediately and went back to fixing the wall like nothing even happened.

"YOU GOT OVER THAT WAY TOO QUICK OLD MAN" the marines shouted, as you laughed.
————————————————————————————————

It didn't make sense to go to the bakery today, so you decided to close shop till tomorrow. The wall was finished, it wasn't perfect but it was finished. Allowing you time to talk a bit more with your grandfather about your new life. You explained how you got here. How helpful the people have been. Your business and your multiple proposals which he only laughed at.

"It only makes sense that my granddaughter is a heartbreaker!" Is all he said.

You also mentioned meeting Shanks, and boy was that a mistake. You could see the bloodlust starting to taint his uniform. But universe decided that at that precise moment your second favourite trio should barge and try to warn you that the marines were here. They were met with many blank faces. Yet the nail in the coffin was after they took one look at a very peeved Garp. You'd never seen them run so fast.

'That's gonna bite me in the future'  you smiled to yourself. 'But in the end the day ended well'

———————————————————————————

"You really have to go already?" You frowned.

"Sorry Ms (Y/n), but we to keep moving" Koby smiled apologetically.

"Don't worry about the rumours. We'll report to the navy and say we've neutralised the threat. And we won't mention you or the island" Helmeppo smiled.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it" You beamed.

'Guess that solves my problems for now...' you relaxed.

"I'm assuming that you've already seen Ace" Garp gestured to your bracelet. "We ran into Luffy a couple weeks ago. That brat raised his bounty again. Knowing that stupid idiot he'd change his course just to see you, so be prepared for him" Garp picked his nose.

"Thank you for letting me know" you beamed. "and please don't pick your nose Grandpa"

"Hahaha! Stay safe (Y/n)! Alright everyone back to the ship!" Garp yelled as he marched away.

"Bye Ms (Y/n), it was very nice to finally meet you.I hope we can see each other again" Koby blushed rubbing the back of his neck.

"I hope so too" you smiled and he flushed even more.

"I-I u-u-uh"

"Come on Koby! He's gonna leave us!" Helmeppo waved in the distance.

"Right! Until next time then" Koby bowed, swiftly turned and ran after his friend.

'I've only known him for a day... but I'd give my life for that boy'

You waved goodbye from your doorstep. It was a very lovely surprise.
————————————————————————————

I feel like this took longer than it should've and the results aren't worth it BUT we got there eventually :) Don't forget to comment and please ignore my trashy grammar. Until next time XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

622 22 6
This story is told in third person, but it only shows what the reader goes through. I will be skipping other POVs in the story. This story will be e...
20.3K 383 52
Y/n has always been an amazing daughter,always been loved and taken care of, till tragedy hits, destiny puts her to live with another boy as unfortun...
2.2K 132 12
(L/n) (Y/n), a young girl from the Holy Lands. Her adoptive father is a great respected knight admired by all, she thrives to be just like him. One d...
109K 3.6K 80
[ Reincarnated ff] " One Piece ? Seems like i have heard that words before ?" Cha y/n who had an accident is now reincarnated to a world of an anime...