Perfect Match | SOPE ✔️

By sopemoni

COVER BY MY ONE BRAINCELL CARA 🐷 (@Yoongidique) ❝The only thing I could think about was having his lips on m... More

Perfect Match
address to the citizens
part one: initium finis
initium finis | 1.0.1
initium finis | 1.0.2
initium finis | 1.0.3
initium finis | 1.0.4
initium finis | 1.0.5
initium finis | 1.0.6
initium finis | 1.0.7
initium finis | 1.0.8
initium finis | 1.0.9
intium finis | 1.1.0
initium finis | 1.1.1
intium finis | 1.1.2
initium finis | 1.1.3
initium finis | 1.1.4
initium finis | 1.1.5
initium finis | 1.1.6
initium finis | 1.1.7
initium finis | 1.1.8
initium finis | 1.1.9
initium finis | 1.2.0
initium finis | 1.2.1
initium finis | 1.2.2
initium finis | 1.2.3
initium finis | 1.2.4
initium finis | 1.2.5
initium finis | 1.2.6
initium finis | 1.2.7
initium finis | 1.2.8
intium finis | 1.2.9
initium finis | 1.3.0
part two: venit omittere
venit omittere | 2.0.1
venit omittere | 2.0.2
venit omittere | 2.0.3
venit omittere | 2.0.4
venit omittere | 2.0.5
venit omittere | 2.0.6
venit omittere | 2.0.7
venit omittere | 2.0.8
venit omittere | 2.1.0
venit omittere | 2.1.1
venit omittere | 2.1.2
venit omittere | 2.1.3
venit omittere | 2.1.4
venit omittere | 2.1.5
venit omittere | 2.1.6
venit omittere | 2.1.7
venit omittere | 2.1.8
venit omittere | 2.1.9
venit omittere | 2.2.0
venit omittere | 2.2.1
venit omittere | 2.2.2
venit omittere | 2.2.3
venit omittere | 2.2.4
venit omittere | 2.2.5
venit omittere | 2.2.6
venit omittere | 2.2.7
venit omittere | 2.2.8
venit omittere | 2.2.9
venit omittere | 2.3.0
epilogue
alternate epilogue
author's note (revisited)

venit omittere | 2.0.9

3.5K 312 321
By sopemoni

Jimin had wanted to do something exciting for his birthday. He wanted the adrenaline to course through him. A normal birthday, doing exciting things to finally celebrate that he was eighteen.

He got it. The excitement, the adrenaline coursing through his veins. Just not in the way he was expecting.

Ruby had gathered Yoongi, Jeongyeon, and him together in one room. There, Ruby broke the news: they would all be working together to kidnap the President of Korea.  Namjoon, from the mansion, had come up with the plan, she said, informing them that the probability of success was around eighty-five and that some of them would get injured, or worse.

Die.

Jimin wasn't too keen on the idea of being in the same team as Jeongyeon. It was common ground that Alpha B's and Alpha C's didn't get along particularly well. While it was easy for Betas to get along with C's, Alphas had a more difficult time tolerating on another. While B focused on the use of technology, C focused on alternatives and physical combat which meant that they naturally wouldn't get along from the start.

But when B's and C's worked together, they made a fantastic pair. Out of all the pairs that could be made with Alphas, Alpha's B and C offered the most destruction and were most successful. It was a powerful team, which was why Ruby had needed both of them to work together.

Now he was here. Team bonding and getting wrapped into a mission he didn't have a part in. He didn't even know why Namjoon had wanted to kidnap the President. What was his ploy there?

Whatever it was, at least he had Yoongi with him here. He saved him from completely destroying Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon also wasn't happy to be paired up with him, but she reluctantly obliged. She still took any opportunity to made snide remarks, something that did irritate Ruby.

At this point in time, he didn't know what time it was. He did know that too much time had passed for it to not his birthday. And here he was on his birthday, spending it working together with Ruby and the others, on this supposed S class mission.

"How do you feel about going on your first ever mission?" Jimin asked Yoongi as Ruby let them have a break. Yoongi shrugged.

"I'm excited." Yoongi answered."I've been wanting to cause some wreck."

"Yoongi, your Alpha A is showing." Jimin half teased. Yoongi rolled his eyes at the remark.

"Yoongi, you're needed. Sending you the coordinates now." Ruby said, not looking up from her bracelet."You have ten minutes tops. If you don't make it back in time, I will get on you. You will be punished."

Yoongi nodded, looking at Jimin apologetically."I have to go. Go talk to Jeongyeon. I'm sure she'll love the company."

"Yeah not a chance." Jeongyeon called back, scrunching her nose in disgust."Jimin and I, we don't mix."

"Well learn." Ruby snapped."You two are in a field team together."

Yoongi bowed quickly, walking to the destination he was meant to go. Jimin watched him go,a frown settling onto his lips.

He didn't tell me happy birthday.

Of course Yoongi knew that it was Jimin's birthday. He just didn't feel it necessary to say when they had more important tasks at hand.

Besides, he wanted to see if he could get a little cake or something. Even a cupcake would suffice.

For now, Yoongi hurriedly walked to his destination, his heart threatening to escape from his chest. Ruby giving him leeway only meant one thing.

The twins were born.

He would have liked to see them being born. But, because of this S class mission that hadn't been possible. Yoongi felt an incredible weight on his shoulders. Ruby had mentioned that Namjoon had put his trust in making sure Jungkook made it to their complex in one piece. Yoongi now carried the burden and could only hope that he would be able to fulfill his role. For now though, he had to complete his perfect match role.

He walked into the Nurse's room. The first thing he saw was a smiling Hoseok who was softly cooing at the baby in his arms. Yoongi's heart warmed at the sight of him and walked towards him. As if sending his presence, Hoseok looked up, the smile not leaving his face.

"This is Twin A." Hoseok almost cooed."Twin B is being checked right now. Yoongi look at him. I-I can't believe it."

Yoongi looked at the child in Hoseok's arms. His eyes began to water at the sight and a smile etched onto his features. The baby's eyes were wide open, looking around as if trying to recognize its environment. Yoongi caressed the baby's cheek, heart almost exploding. The baby gurgled softly at his action, making his smile wider.

Yep, Yoongi definitely felt like he was going to cry.

"Twin A's healthy?" Yoongi asked."No complications?"

Hoseok shook his head."Not at all. He came out strong and very lively." He paused."Do you want to hold him?"

Yoongi could have sworn his heart leaped out of his chest at that moment. He nodded, looking at Hoseok's arms and mirroring his arms. Hoseok laughed at the action, setting Twin A gently in Yoongi's arm.

"We..we made him." Yoongi said awestruck, unable to keep from caressing Twin A's face. He had to admit, he had been kind of scared to meet his children. Yoongi didn't know if he was going to feel anything for them. But looking at Twin A laying happily in his arms he knew. He could feel his parental instincts kicking in.

He would do anything for this child.

"Here's Twin B." a Nurse said, handing the baby to Hoseok."She's a healthy baby girl. Congratulations you two."

Yoongi didn't think it was possible for his heart to become any bigger than it already was. But one look at his daughter and he knew.

She had taken a spot in his heart.

"Hoseok, we're parents. I-I can't believe it." Yoongi said in awe. Hoseok looked at him once more, his eyes sparkling with love and adoration.

"These are our babies." Hoseok whispered incredulously."Our children."

"Min Yoongi. Jung Hoseok. It's time for the live stream." the Nurse beckoned to the camera."It will be broadcasted all over Korea in real time so be careful what you say and do."

"Wait. No script?" Hoseok asked. The Nurse shook her head, motioning the camera man.

"You're on in three, two, one."

"Citizens of Korea." Yoongi spoke first, his voice clear. "My name is Min Yoongi. Next to me, is my perfect match, Jung Hoseok. A day after we had become the first homosexual perfect match, we were almost killed by the government. Since then, we disappeared into the shadows, living with anger knowing the government lied to everyone."

Jungkook looked at the video in wonder and excitement. It was finally happening. He cheered silently as he watched the live video. Next to him, Namjoon stated intently, not saying a word.

"The government lied. They said our match defied all laws of nature. That it was a disease, something that couldn't exist." Hoseok continued. "We're alive. We are living proof the government, who instead of supporting, tried to end our existences. Our match does not defy nature. There's nothing wrong with it. You may be wondering what we are holding in our hands, or rather, who we're holding."

"These are our children. They were born today, October thirteen." Yoongi proclaimed proudly. "They are twins. The oldest a boy. The youngest a girl. They are both perfectly healthy, without a single flaw in them. They're just like your children."

"I know how many of you feel by now. You want answers. You're confused. Why would the government lie to you?" Hoseok asked from the screen."Why would the government, who fights for its people, lie to them?"

"The answer is simple. They want control." Yoongi said coolly."The only way to control a raging population is through fear. If Hoseok and I can have children, what makes you think you can't? With anybody you wished?"

"The Perfect Match bond is a way that the government controls its people." Hoseok seethed."Population was solved a long time ago, but we are forced to partake in this every year. Don't you want to be with who you love? It shouldn't be a crime. It definitely isn't something that you should be killed for."

"Join us. Together, we can change our reality. Together, we can move forward and be a Korea that allows freedom of love to anyone. Don't you want that? I know we do. Korea's government has a lot to answer for, don't you think?"

"We know exactly who tried to kill us." Hoseok stated firmly. "Your acting leader. Kim Taehyung."

"Kim Taehyung has stopped at nothing to ensure Hoseok and I aren't in public eye." Yoongi said. "He has been the one leading you on, telling you lies, luring you into false sense of securities. He's exploited your fear to make sure you conform to the government. Well no more."

"We are not afraid." Hoseok affirmed."We will stop at nothing to make Korea a place where loving someone is a choice. The government shouldn't be able to dictate how you feel over someone. Too long we have let the government dictate our every move. No more."

"The future of Korea starts now, with us." Yoongi's eyes blazed. "And we will stop at nothing to ensure that we are free from tyranny."

With that, the live ended, leaving Namjoon speechless and Jungkook trembling with anticipation. Before Namjoon could say anything, Seokjin burst in with a fearful expression in his eyes.

"Jungkook come on." He grabbed Jungkook's hand."We have to get you out of here. It's not safe for you anymore."

"But—"

"Don't worry about Taehyung okay? He says he loves you and needs to make sure you are safe." Jin replies soothingly."He has to deal with the inevitable consequences of the live. Namjoon, you too. You're going with him."

This isn't part of the plan.

Namjoon trailed hurriedly after Jin, who immediately let them outside. Already, guards were waiting for them, gesturing to the cars whose doors were open.

"You'll he rising in two separate vehicles." Jin said, pushing Jungkook into the first car."You'll follow behind."

Namjoon got into the car, looking at Jin once more. Jin looked at him reassuringly, though his eyes said anything but.

"Take good care of Jungkook." Jin smiled."Do what you must to keep him safe. We'll attempt to hold the front from here."

"Of course." Namjoon nodded."Good luck."

Jin closed the door and the cars started driving away, speeding silently into the night. Namjoon looked around his surroundings, cursing silently.

"Call Yoongi."

Yoongi picked up instantly. "What's up?"

"What are you holding?" Namjoon asked instead, momentarily distracted at Yoongi's hand. Yoongi laughed nervously.

"It's a cupcake. For Jimin. It's his birthday." Yoongi answered."What happened?"

"There's been a lot of change of plans." Namjoon stated."Jungkook and I are being relocated to the Jeon private home most likely. It takes a few hours to get there but with the speed we are going at, it will take less. I need the team to gather their things now and head towards the Jeon home. Tell Ruby I'll send her the coordinates and map of the place. It is in deep forests which is why an interception is best. These cars drive automatically, meaning they can be hacked. Tell Jeongyeon to get on that as soon as she sees the cars in proximity.

"Jungkook and I are in separate cars. You're still responsible for him. I trust you." Namjoon paused."Congratulations by the way. On the twins."

"Thank you." Yoongi nodded quickly."Anything I might need to take?"

"Honestly, be prepared for anything." Namjoon responded."I don't know what could happen now. Go. I'll see you soon."

After Yoongi muttered his goodbyes, Namjoon ended the call, slinking into his seat. Worry rose in him as he looked out at the pale night sky, the wonders of the city already fading into the distance.

He could only hope that even with the plan altered, there was still a high chance.

For now, all he could do was drown in the suspense that clawed his insides, screaming for help, and praying that everything went according to plan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 17.3K 78
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
342K 20.1K 74
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
320K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.2M 47.7K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...