afterglow | natsu x reader

By SABERT00TH

af·ter·glow (ˈaftərˌɡlō)- light or radiance remaining in the sky after the sun has set. "Tell me that you're... More

Chapter One: Welcome Home!
Chapter Two: S-Class Trials
Chapter 3: Grimoire Heart
Chapter 4: The Black Dragon
Chapter 5: Run
Chapter 6: Acnologia
Chapter 7: Let's Hold Hands
Chapter 8: Seven Years
Chapter 9: Home
Chapter 10: Devils Risen
Chapter 11: Dragon Queen
Chapter 12: Having Your Back
Chapter 13: New Arc
Chapter 14: A drunk mind speaks a sober heart
Chapter 15: Trouble in the Celestial World
Chapter 16: Second Origin
Chapter 17: Sting Eucliffe
Chapter 18: Fairy Tail B Team
Chapter 19: Hidden
Chapter 20: Hoping for Better Days
Chapter 21: Chariots
Chapter 22: God is a Woman
Chapter 23: Natsu and Y/N vs Sabertooth
Chapter 24: Erza Scarlet
Chapter 25: Fairy Glitter
Chapter 26: Playing Dirty
Chapter 27: Four Dragons
Chapter 28: Number One
Chapter 29: Dragon Graveyard
Chapter 30: The Eclipse Project
Chapter 31: For Fairy Tail
Chapter 32: Jura vs Y/N
Chapter 33: A Dark Future
Chapter 34: The Opening
Chapter 35: The Ultimate Dragon Slayer
Chapter 36: The Dragon Tamer
Chapter 37: Your Majesty
Chapter 38: Thank You
Chapter 39: The Grand Banquet
Chapter 40: Natsu and the Dragon Egg
Chapter 41: of the Dead Meeeeeeen
Chapter 42: Welcome Back, Frosch
Chapter 43: A Fairy Tail Christmas
Chapter 44: Sign of Rebellion
Chapter 45: Leo the Lion
Chapter 46: Library Panic
Chapter 47: Time Machine*
Chapter 47: Hisui Rises
Chapter 48: Astral Spiritus
Chaoter 49: The Snake Charmer
Chapter 50: Y/N vs Leo
Chapter 51: When the Stars Fall
Chapter 52: Celestial King
Chapter 53: The Ten Demon Gates
Chapter 54: Tsubaki
Chapter 55: Face
Chapter 56: Master Hades
Chapter 57: Alegria
Chapter 59: Necromancer
Chapter 60: Wings of Despair
Chapter 61: Absolute Demon
Chapter 62: Memento Mori
Chapter 63: In A While Crocodile
you're gonna say more, more, more, more, more, and more
read this

Chapter 58: Dragon Force

1.9K 62 16
By SABERT00TH

(a/n: your dragon force will look like seilah's ultimate form, except your eyes glow blue and your hair is black with blue stripes) / i also published a new story!

My strong attack creates a hole in the wall and Tsubaki flys outside. I run out and jump, "Black Dragon's: Wing Attack!" It hits Tsubaki again and creates a huge hole underground. I jump down and immediately when I land on the ground, Tsubaki's vines grab my ankles. She lifts me up and smashes me into the ground.

I look up and behind Tsubaki. I see the Celestial King. Lucy. Lucy's with me. Knowing that gives me some hope. I set my ankles on fire and vines remove themselves. I hear Tsubaki hiss.

"Black Dragon's: Iron fist!" I run and land a strong swing across Tsubaki's face. A pile of rocks land on her as she crashes onto the ground. I hear her scream and she stands up. The horns on her head start growing. The marking on her head start to spread. Her claws grow. Green wings appear. Her eyes start glowing red. She grows large fangs. A large vine tail appears.

She comes at me and she was too fast for me to dodge her. She knees me in my stomach and I hunch over. She then turns and swings her tail, sending me flying back.

She places her hands out, "Green ray!" A green light shoots at me. I let it hit me, thinking I'd be able to suck it up. I can't though. I scream out in pain. I fall onto the ground. Tsubaki flys over and gets on top of me. She gives me punch after punch after punch.

I set my body on fire and she screams, jumping off me. Vines emerge from below me. They grab my ankles and wrists, very tightly. Thorns appear on them and I feel the thorns sinking into my skin. The vines sit me up on my knees.

"I've spent years watching you... y/n. I watched you with Acnologia, Bonnie, and I watched you join Fairy Tail. You would go on countless adventures and you're happy. I never got to be happy because of you!" Tsubaki yells. "I am Tsubaki, a flower without fragrance! When I fall it will be silent and tragic!"

"You're wrong!" I say. My body starts glowing blue. "You're Tsubaki... the most beautiful flower in the garden...!" I yell at her.

~ flashback ~

"Lastly... dragon force!" Acnologia says. He has to leave and the last lesson was dragon force.

"I'm excited!" I say.

"Don't be. Unlike other dragon forces, yours is uh... not the easiest to control." He tells me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"It's not easy to activate, but when you do manage to activate it... it can be hard to control. The longer you spend using dragon force, the more you start to lose your humanity." He tells me. My eyes widen and so do Bonnie's.

"Using your black dragon element should be strong enough to handle anything though. If the enemy were to be to powerful... use dragon force. If not, never use it." Acnologia warns me.

"What happens if I use it and I can't change back?" I ask.

"Well... while in use and before you activate it, think of someone. Think of your parents. Your sister. Bonnie. Me. Think of the people you care about most. I think with that, you won't lose control." Acnologia suggests. I nod understandingly.

"Alright then. There's not much I can teach you about it. Just focus on your magic. Focus on what you're fighting for." He tells me.

~ end of flashback ~

I start to breath in and out. My breathing is no longer unsteady. I manage to not focus on the pain of the thorns. I close my eyes. The ground starts shaking.

"Stop!" I hear Tsubaki say. I manage to block out Tsubaki's voice. She throws attack after attack, but some sort of forcefield is preventing it from hitting me. I think of the first person that comes to mind.

Natsu.

I have to remember him.

The vines that held me down release me. I open my eyes and stand up. I feel powerful. My eyes are glowing blue. My hair grows longer and darkens, with blue stripes appearing. Two black horns grow out of my head. The clothes Lucy gave me start tearing apart and reveal my body to be covered with blue and black tattoos. I grow long and sharp fangs. Long black claws appear. And finally, large black wings with blue markings appear at my back.

The ultimate dragon force.

Tsubaki extends her hands out. The red smoke comes again. It wasn't effecting me at all. Instead, I start sucking it up.

"Black Dragon: Roar!" It was much more powerful than if I was in my regular form. The breath attack was a black laser with blue swirling around it. It hit Tsubaki head on. When the smoke cleared, I didn't see Tsubaki anymore. I look around I don't see her. Finally I look up and see her flying down to me, with a fist ready to collide with my face.

As it's about to collide, I grab her fist. I smirk and throw Tsubaki far away. She skids back and goes back in the sky. I go up high too. I tackle her and place my hand on her chest, "Black Dragon's: Claw!" She goes shooting down and crashing onto the ground.

Vines extend and wrap tightly around my body. She sends me crashing onto the ground too. The vines unwrap and I stand back up.

"Black Dragon's Secret Art: Dark Drill!" A powerful dark beam of light shoots at Tsubaki. She skids back again, still standing her ground. Below me, some sort of fly trap starts growing. It swallows me. I try kicking and punching my way out. Slowly, sharp thrones start growing from the sides. I look up, "Iron Shadow Dragon's: Roar!"

The fly trap opens and I fly out of it. I look at Tsubaki and see her catching her breath. I lunge at her with full speed and pin her down as I'm about to land the final blow, an image of Natsu pops into my head. Don't lose control. My fist is half an inch away from her face. I change back to my normal form. I look at Tsubaki, who's surprised I'm not finishing her.

I smile at her, "We can go on endless adventures together, just come with me." She closes her eyes and smiles at me, tears streaming down. I get off of her and I help her stand up. She changes back to normal too. The horns, markings, all that disappears and she looks like my Tsubaki.

"I would love that..." She tells me. Slowly I see she's fading away. Her body... it's turning into a red smoke. The smell doesn't hurt me. It makes me feel... healed? Safe.

"What's happening?!" I exclaim as little by little, she starts turning into a red smoke. I wrap my arms around her. "No! Where are you going?!" I cry. She wraps her arms around me.

"With mom and dad, y/n... but I'll still be with you." She tells me and I feel her tears on my neck.

"Don't go! Why?!" I keep crying. I drop to my knees as she has completely faded away. A beautiful scent was left behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.8K 2.3K 19
Father's gone, Friends backstab, Random people gossip, Girlfriend takes pleasure without asking, And darkness takes over without notice. "People are...
63.6K 1.9K 16
Natsu and (Y/N) have been married for a couple months, almost a year now. They have two kids. A boy and a girl. Throughout the time (Y/N) has joined...
32.3K 850 20
Y/N L/N is not your average wizard. With her mystical ice magic, she is, without a doubt, one of the strongest dragon slayers out there. She finally...
6.5K 233 24
y/n is the ice dragon slayer of fairy tail. natsu is the fire dragon slayer of fairy tail. before sting and rogue rose to fame, y/n and natsu were kn...